Old 12-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #16  

Good morning, ladies. We have 2 inches of snow and black ice. I didn't go to church this morning because of the ice.

Faye, I'm glad you got your niece okay. Poor thing to be caught between mommie's and daddie's favorites. She'll have a much better Christmas with you then her own family, that's sad. It's probably why she dresses like Abby - trying to get some attention.

I'm writing thank you notes and paying bills today. Once that is done I'm on to my exercise bike and then I can do some quilting.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! We're having another cloudy day and a surprise of about an inch of new snow. We've been to church and Bob cleared off the driveways with a shovel. He fed and watered the squirrels and birds while he was out. I've got more laundry going and have read the newspaper. This afternoon I need to wrap a couple of gifts to get in the mail tomorrow and do my cat chores.

Susan -- Congratulations on the GREAT loss at WW! I think it is wonderful that you've done so well with your holiday/party eating! Your vegetable soup sounds good -- today feels damp and chilly, a good day for soup! I don't like going anywhere when there is ice of any kind. I know black ice can be so dangerous; I'm glad you are home safe!

"Gma" -- I'm sure your niece will enjoy her visit with you. She probably feels you are genuinely interested in what she has to say. It's sad when parents have obvious favorites among their children. Will always says that he raised himself, and that his parents didn't care what he did; he is #3 of 4. I hope you continue to feel better each day.

I hope you enjoy your day -- another month is flying by much too quickly!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all! It isn't as cold as it has been here. We never got the flurries they predicted, thank heaven so now we are heading into Christmas week.

My dd called around 9:30 last night and said she had broken her ankle! She tripped either over some firewood or carrying some firewood I can't remember which, but poor thing is in a lot of pain. We are supposed to have what we call Christmas Eve Eve on Wednesday and go out to dinner, but I emailed her and said we could have it here if she like and Jack and Tom can walk across the street and just get bbq for dinner.

I have had it with my cartoon yarn. I cannot get my dr's socks to come out looking decent so will put it aside for someone else sometime down the road and I am going to try and whip out one more pair of socks for T for Christmas. Kelly says he takes the pair I made him off, wants her to wash them right away and then puts them right back on! So, I think he needs a couple changes to help his mom out! I think I am going to make him a pair from the leftovers of Jackson's socks making the leg the stripe and the foot solid blue.

Kelly took Ruthie out to lunch yesterday then they went back to her house and when they brought her back home they had T with them. Well, Kelly told Ruthie I was a soft touch and if she and T ask me I would let them open a present so they did. I of course told them I didn't care so Thomas opened his watch and she opened her makeup case. It was the one gift I wasn't sure she would like because she is kind of a plain Jane little gal wearing her long hair just straight and no jazzy clothes or makeup. Well, she went nuts over it. She called her sister and told her what I bought her and just gushed over it and about how her sister and friend could help her put it one and such. I think I will volunteer to make her up for our Christmas Eve thing. This set is really nice, had 4 tubes lipstick, lipstick pencil about 16 shades of lip gloss and two tubes of gloss, about 20 shades of shadows with brushes, eyebrow/eyeliner pencil and two blushes. Thomas seemed to like his gift too and it even fit on his skinny wrist though just a bit loose.

Susan: Gosh sweety hope the dang nasty weather is letting up in your area and warming up and melting those sidewalks and streets. I hate that black ice and icy stuff. I, like you don't go out in it. Congrats on the loss, that is terrific.

Jean: Can you believe it is only a couple months and you will be heading to sunny Hawaii and putting your nasty weather behind you? Jack says everyday that goes by is one day closer to retirement! At least he has a short week this week, just Mon-Wed and they always let out around noon on their last day of work before Christmas so I imagine he will be home early that day. Did you get all your Christmas cards done and in the mail? I think Kelly is still working on hers.

Well gals, need to get going and get morning chores done and put those socks on the needles so I can try and get them done.

Have a great start to your week! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! It is foggy in my neighborhood this morning. I have groceries to get and a box to mail so need to double check my grocery list and get going after I finish here.

"Gma" -- I'm so sorry about Kelly's ankle! At least she doesn't have ice and snow assuming she will be on crutches for awhile. I had to chuckle about T and his favorite socks! I'm glad that Ruthie was tickled with her gift; it sounds really nice! I'm sure she is enjoying the attention at your house. We leave for Maui in 45 days! The airlines have changed our times for the 4th time yesterday. It's always just a few minutes here 'n there, but I just worry they may cancel all together, or we'll get stuck in Denver because of the weather. Normally we avoid Denver so I'm not sure how it happened this time. My last Christmas cards left town (I hope) on Saturday. I kept track last year and if we didn't get one, I didn't send one this year. I have gotten a few online so assume they won't send any by snail mail.

I need to get moving. Have a nice day!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #20  

Good evening, ladies. The snow is gone but it'll be in the 20's tonight.

I treated myself to a massage after work today. It sure felt good and she got all the knots out. She said I need to drink more plain water because those knots are latic acid and water helps to dissolve them.

Faye, poor Kelly! What a time to break an ankle. I hope it heals quickly. So Auntie and Nana is a pushover...can I open a gift tonight? I guess your niece isn't so much a Goth after all. She sounds like she needs some attention. What a shame!

Jean, I'd be counting the days, too, if I was going to Maui. Ah, some warm weather and beautiful beaches and I'd take a few Hawaiian quilting lessons.

I didn't sleep well last night so I'm going to call it a night early tonight.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote