Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #61  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE WINS THE SNEAKER INNER AWARD THIS MORNING....HOPE WE ALL HAVE ONE OF THOSE "GET EVERYTHING DONE AND GET IN THE HOLIDAY MODE" WEEKENDS. MAKING ME FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY JUST READING AND TALKING ABOUT IT
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #62  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

No personals today, this is also my Friday Chelle...however will be spent at the hospital....please can't you just shoot me like a horse and get me out of my misery?

A long night............

Mom had a stroke after her dialysis late yesterday afternoon. She is in PCU (step below ICU) at Community Hospital. She is paralyzed on the left side and her speech is slurred. She has a blood clot on the brain. She is awake and trying to talk, I can understand her, others have trouble. The medicine that is used to dissolve blood clots cannot be used on her due to her other health issues, therefore we wait till the clot dissolves. She is gaining a slight bit of feeling on the left side. Too early to determine damage. The Rehab did not take proper care of her and for that I am so sorry and feel awful for my mom. If/when she gets out of the hospital, we are taking her home. That is where she wants to be and frankly, I think we can take better care of her than the center. The new lift chair is very nice, looks great in mom's living room and am sure it will accommodate mom perfectly.
I am working through lunch today so I may leave at 4:00 pm to see her before going to work at CVS.

I know this is just the beginning to the end, that poor woman has dealt with so much pain and sorrow all her life, what is the purpose in making her suffer? I ask you what is the reason?

I am exhausted and mentally fried.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving in case I do not get back here any time soon.

Love you all, Hugs,
Old 11-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #63  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Mel - Enjoy your Meliday!! I'm hoping DH gets better so he can enjoy the holiday AND help with the decorating!

Patty - Happy Early Birthday!!

Annie - I'm soooo very sorry to hear about your mom. I think you and your family can take better care of her than the rehab center. It's so difficult when we see our parents' health decline. We are all here for you...and you have my phone number. Your mom (and you) are in my prayers and I'm sending lots of love, hugs and angels for you both. I know you're going through h*ll right now, but know that you are not alone. Take care, my worldly sister! Luvya.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #64  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura and Happy - I need some suggestions from you. DH and I are meeting a friend in Chicago on Dec. 5th to check out the lights and maybe do some shopping, and this friend asked if there was anything special we wanted to do or anywhere special we wanted to go...and any restaurants we wanted to try out. Laura, since you live down there, and Happy since you used to...do you have any suggestions for Christmastime in Chicago?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #65  

Today's my Friday too! Looking forward to having six days off! (Ceejay - only two are vacation days - Wed. & Mon., the rest is just the long holiday weekend.)

This week is not shaping up as a good eating week, but it's only Tuesday and so the whole week is not down the drain, and I better not act like it is!! Michelle mentioned getting to the gym several times this weekend, and that's a very good idea I will borrow. It was around this time last year that I first got onto bf's gym membership. It was nice going there during Nov. & Dec. because it was very quiet!

Not a lot of time for personals today, but Annie, I'm keeping your mother in my prayers! I'm so sorry to hear about the stroke. Some rehab center!!

Michelle - I will think about stuff to do in Chicago - but off the top of my head, there's ice skating in Millenium Park, the lights on Michigan Avenue, the windows at Macy's, the big tree in Daly Plaza... There's a section of the northern suburb Lincolnwood that has a lot of nicely decorated houses that bf & I always try to see. Foodwise there's pizza... I'll think some more. Are you interested strictly in tourist activities?

Okay, gotta run!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #66  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I run Vista on this machine and I just noticed that when I open a tab on the internet for 3fat chicks, the post number comes up rather than the name. Interesting.
Miss Puss hasn't settled done completely yet and there was much prowling and intermittent yowling through the night. Guess she will get used to it.

Mel - I have several friends who have beaten breast cancer or are in remission for lengthy periods of time. All power to them. They have my utmost admiration for their determination and their dedication to beating the disease. The success rate for prostrate seems to be increasing as well over here. Many high powered men have had it and seen fit to update us with the details and prognosis. They all seem to be doing well. The trick appears to be catching it early. I hear that Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber is currently in hospital with pneumonia following complications from prostrate surgery. He's the music man - all those musicals - Cats - Evita - Phantom of the Opera etc.
Anyway - I wish John the best and to keep healthy and reasonably fit and stay positive.

Happy - sorry to hear that you are still not well. Sometimes I wonder about the wisdom of the internet medical information. I do know that it has woken the doctors up somewhat, but some drugs which may be beneficial for some people get a bad rap because someone somewhere took too many tablets in the mistaken belief it would get rid of the bug faster. Last time the doc gave me something I didn't recognise I asked him to look it up and we discussed it together. He found the reason why some people became violently ill after taking it and it was almost always to do with bad instructions and overkill. Anyway I hope the new stuff is doing you proud.

Ceejay - hope you are doing okay with all the excitement of the farting fool etc.

Laura - it's hard to keep the food under control all the time and at everyplace we go. We just do the best we can and try to work it off later. It happens, can't pretend it doesn't

Patty - I think the worst part of redecorating is to decide on colours for large areas of wall or floor. The paint always dries a different shade than you expect, usually darker. I tend to spend a few bucks and buy sample pots and put them on each wall that the paint will go and then stand back and watch it through different light during the day and night. It's never easy.

Annie - So sorry to hear about Mum. I hope she comes through this for your sake, but she may not think it is worth the effort. You need to be prepared for whatever is to come. I am thinking about you and wish you strength and endurance. Try to find some space for yourself to get your thoughts and fears sorted into a space where you may also find some peace. Yes, you have faced the fact that there may not be much more, now can you accept that fact?

So today will be purchasing the paint for the DS2's house. Patty will relate to that. I have got the colour down to a neutral cream with yellow undertones and maybe some blue or brown in a small area. I've also got plenty to keep me going here as well. I am about to pull out the tomato plants - they have been heated to burning point and they have burned themselves out with a fantastic crop which I have been giving away to friends. Then I need to mow the lawns again. The smell out there at the moment is glorious - I have roses out, the orange blossom is out, the frangipani is out and the alyssum is getting it's perfume ready.
So instead of waxing lyrical, I better get on with my day.
Fingers crossed, this could also be an interesting day!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Your days are always interesting to me. I'm amazed at what you get done.

Annie
I'm also sending my love to you and your mom.

Michelle
Wow you are going to Chicago?

Laura
I've had a binge on carbs this afternoon, and I bragged on myself in my journal today. So much for that.

Happy, Patty and Mel hope you have enjoyed your day.

For some reason I'm fighting sleep today.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The last one out and the first one in. Every one have a good day.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #69  
Happy September

ANNIE~ I AM SADDENED BY YOUR NEWS AND WILL SEND A PRAYER MOM;S WAY. JUST DON'T KLNOW WHAT TO SAY TO COMFORT YOU OTHER THAN THAT YOU AREN'T ALONE. SENDING STRENGTH YOUR WAY.

MICHELLE~ HOPE CHICAGO TURNS OUT TO BE SPECTACULAR!!! SOUNDS LIKE SUCH A LOVELY IDEA.

SHAD~ WE HAVE QUITE A FEW WOMEN IN THE AREA HERE THAT HAVE BEATEN IT SO FAR. THEY ARE SOME MIGHTY STRONG WOMEN. BUT THEN WE CAN ROAR LOUDER THAN THE OPPOSITE SEX!! LOL I KNOW SOOO MANY MEN WITH THE PROSTATE CANCER AND WITH JOHN'S PROBLEM AS WELL. MAKE YOU WONDER WHERE THIS IS ALL COMING FROM!!!

CEEJAY...DID YOU GET TO TAKE A NAP?? HOPE YOU'RE WIDE AWAKE AND BUSHY TAILED TODAY!!

LAURA~ GOOD IDEA WITH THE GYM. LAST NIGHT I THOUGHT I BETTER NOT GET IDLE OVER THE 4 DAYS!! NEED TO BURN OFF THE TURKEY!! GOOD LUCK.

SORRY THIS IS SHORT. SOMEONE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF I WAS A COMMISSIONER. BEEN TRYING FOR 2 DAYS NOW TO RESPECTFULLY DECLINE. JEN AND I ARE STANDINGUNITED ON MY DECISION. (OF COURSE) THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS STRESSING...JUST WHAT I WANTED. NOW I AM REALLY THANKFUL THAT THE OFFICES ARE ALL CLOSED FOR 4 DAYS!!! I AM GING DOWN TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH THE SENIORS. GET THEM CALMED DOWN FOR THE HOLIDAY AND TO SEE THE OTHER ONE'S OFF TO THE RELATIVES. CHAT LATER.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #70  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Guess I forgot to post yesterday. Was feeling really bad again. Today I am finally drying up a bit in the lungs for the first time in a week, I feel like this cold is trying hard to recycle.

First off Annie, my heart goes out to you. So much sadness in your world right now I'm so sorry to hear the news about your Mom. Very hard to fight when you have so many setbacks. I just hope she can be comfortable and without pain. My thoughts and prayers to you both sista.

Mel - I hope you DO NOT allow yourself to get sucked into taking care of anyone other than you and Jen. When you talk about the cancers, I often wonder with all the electronics things in the air, the more well sealed buildings we live and work in (more synthetics, less fresh air circulation) and the things we are consuming - both artificial, highly processed and as is the case with the growth hormones they feed the animals - it's no wonder we aren't all sick by 25. I am astounded at the number of complications I see in my young nieces - girls in their 20's and early 30's who should be in the prime of life and yet have thyroid issues and digestive issues and bodies that are bending and breaking when they should be gumby bounce out of anything types. "We" have earned our kinks and aches at our age, but them?

Ceejay - did you get to bed early and get rested for today?

Shad - the thing that caught my attention on the drug they gave me was the additional 3 typewritten pages of info from the pharmacy. Apparently they have had lawsuits and are now required to inform people. It is a very widely prescribed drug which reminds me of a widely prescribed osteo / arthritis drug that was suddenly pulled of the market when it was discovered that it caused heart valve problems. In my opinion, as long as I am concious, I will be the biggest advocate of my own health care. There are lots of drugs out there and options, and while I trust my doctors, I will still back up their recommendations with my own findings. Also I find that you are given medications with no other information whatsoever as was the case with the blood sugar medicine. What do I eat, when do I take it, what will it do? I had to research that all for myself. Anyway, did you find paint and is your sniffer on overdrive this morning with all the smells around you and pollen and such Sounds like Sunday the cat is really hating the cattery. Ours complains but other than breaking our hearts by trembling alot in the car, she never seems worse for the wear. I'm sure tho that for a cat who is used to roaming around outside all day long, to be stuck in a cage - even though it's quite roomy - is rather traumatic. Like me being stuck in the house while sick Glad to hear you got a good bumper crop of tomatoes - now if only you had a mango tree

Laura and Michelle - enjoy your super long weekends. I'm jealous. Just 4 days for me but I'll take them. Hope you can make it to the gym. They are running a special at mine - tempted to join but DH won't go with me anymore and I know I wouldn't keep up with it on my own so just going to try and step it up here at home. If we can get the downstairs floors done and move the treadmill down where I can use it again, I'd be off to a good start.

Michelle - it's hard to believe that I've been gone 5 years from Chicago and probably have not been downtown since I left in 1998. I know they did construction and building and things have changed down there. I haven't even been to Millenium Park to see the "bean". If we go down, we go to the north side to the Butterfly exhibit at the Nature Museum and that's about it. Laura would be better to give suggestions. In fact, I can't even handle the traffic there anymore. Don't want to drive the 2 and a half hours from my sister's in the south suburbs to my SIL in Franklin, Wi. Ain't I bad?

Happy Early Birthday Patty - I don't want to forget either!

Hope you all (in the states) have a nice Thanksgiving. Take a moment to count your blessings in life even if it seems at the moment that your basket might be a bit on the empty side. I am grateful for your support and friendship

Old 11-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #71  

Shad – re Andrew Lloyd Weber – it's so horrible that it now seems like the norm for people to be in the hospital for one thing and then catch something while they're in there. Very scary to think of spending any time at all in the hospital. I don't know about waxing poetic, but you painted a lovely picture of the sights and scents of your garden. But of course - you're an expert painter!!

Patty – I agree w/ Shad about buying the sample size paints and seeing what the paint looks like in a big area instead of a tiny swatch, and when it's dry, at different times of day in your house. Have fun! I told bf I'm ready for a change in color for our half bath and he got all grouchy. That's okay – when I'm ready, I'll do it myself rather than dealing w/ the complaints.

Mel – Hope you stay strong and continue to resist those who think you should be a commissioner (of what, may I ask??). Hope the 4 day weekend stays nice and quiet for you!

Happy - Glad the lungs are drying up today, and I hope it continues. I surprisingly wouldn't be the better person to suggest Chicago activities for Michelle's upcoming visit - bf and I haven't taken much advantage of our city's treasures lately. Well, last December we went down to Michigan Avenue before my company's Holiday party to hang out a bit and that was nice. Can't really suggest any restaurants though, except if you're in the mood for pizza, Lou Malnatis is great for deep dish. Not light and healthy though, LOL. We also used to enjoy seeing the short movies at the Omnimax theater at the Museum of Science and Industry. I've always loved the Art Institute, and my favorite exhibit there since I was a kid was the Thorne Miniature Rooms.

Hellos to everyone! I woke up early with chest congestion that had me coughing a lot, but once I medicated (my usual flonase spray, a zyrtec and a mucinex), I'm much better. I have a ton of things I should/could be doing, so I need to get myself dressed and out of this time-eating session of sitting around reading, internet browsing, tv-watching (two episodes of 18 Kids and Counting - I think it's more than 18 now, ) and babbling here.

We had rain yesterday – quite a bit – and so the stubborn oak has finally dropped almost all of its leaves. If it weren't so dreary and overcast right now I'd seriously consider getting out to rake. My body is craving some exercise, I think. But the more important task is working out the desserts for tomorrow's dinner. I'm thinking I'll make pumpkin cake (w/ cream cheese frosting?) and a cranberry-pecan upside down cake. I need to get the recipes selected and make sure I have everything I need. Okay, gotta get moving. Have a wonderful Wednesday /Thursday everyone!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #72  
Happy September

Old 11-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #73  
Happy September

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY
HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. SQUEEZE ALL THE GOODNESS OUT OF IT!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-25-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #74  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Has to be a quick post today. I am busy with cleaning the house and getting the suitcases put away and doing some patch up work around the house. I want to spend most of tomorrow round at the other place painting and such - mowing lawns etc. and cleaning up the mess DS2 has made because he won't clear up after himself. I took the lawn mower for a run round the house yesterday and so it it going to visit the new house tomorrow before we have to use a machete to get through the grass and weeds. I also need to set up the shed to take all my boxes as well. That should clear some space at my place.

Annie - I'm thinking of you a lot. Hope things are looking better for you.

To all my American friends - happy Thanksgiving and have a great weekend. Don't eat too much. Remember the challenge, and give thanks for a life well lived and for the opportunities you have been given.

I'm out of here for some lunch and some downtime before going back to work.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #75  

Hello Ladies,

Annie - My thoughts and prayers are with your mom and you.

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes. Going over to my parents tomorrow. I'm making a few casseroles to take over. My room makeover was my birthday present to me. I've have two paint colors on the wall and definitely taking Shad's advice. I'm trying to look at the wall at different times.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I know for me personally I have much to be Thankful for. I'm thankful for all you wonderful ladies, who inspire, encourage, and are just there for me.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 11-25-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Closed Thread