Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

HAPPY
I'm jealous of the hard wood floors you will be putting down. My mom had hard wood. I love them. I fully understand about the time on the computer.
A cyst on you foot has to be uncomfortable. Take it easy. As far as the farter goes. I've been wishing for one of those toy cap guns. I may fix a snare of some sort too. My pay backs are tough.

Michelle
Isn't it nice to visit with your neices. I really miss mine.

Laura
I'm hoping that this farter leaves me alone. I've thought about putting a big sign in the window stating "smile you are candid camera." I really would not mind having a camera outside. My friend has one covering her vehicle.

Annie
I'm off caffiene for now. I enjoy a dr pepper once a week and then it keeps me awake.

Mel
How are you doing?

It's been a quiet day at work.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #152  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ceejay - maybe you need one of those whistles - come close, I can make the sound but not describe it - that you can play when the guy toots his horn. I had to laugh about the smile sign - good one!

Annie - DH switched to decaf because he thinks the caffeine was making his sweat alot. Seems to be working. Either that or male menopause hot flashes have set in
Old 11-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #153  
Choose your hard

Carla. Somehow I feel your presence. Hope you are doing well. Is it about time to take one of those frozen dips in the pond you're so fond of?

Brrrr - just thinking about it makes me run for a snuggly blanket to cuddle in.

Tippin' my hat hello to you too Madcat.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #154  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

I've got the sniffles and aches this morning. Would rather crawl back into bed but I have a ton of work to do. So I'll load up on vitamin C and take some tea and honey and lemon to work with me.

Hope everyone is having a good day today.

It's non-stop meeting Tuesday - probably won't get back here until late. Stay well and have fun
Old 11-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #155  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday -

I left work a bit early yesterday as I was feeling really nauseous all day. I would've left much earlier, but I had afternoon meetings. Still feel pretty lousy today and almost stayed home...but have too much work to do, plus meetings...so here I am. I'm hoping breakfast stays down. I didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I got my cardio in walking around the building; which is what I'll be doing today as well with all the meetings. If I feel better this evening I'll drag my butt to the gym. I just don't want to be sick on the equipment.

Annie - I'll be fine. This will pass one way or 'nother. I missed the 2:00 wake up call as well. The Starbucks coffee drink sounds yummy but complicated to order.

Happy - So sorry about your foot! That has to hurt!! I think we all probably spend too much time on the 'puter. But given the withdrawals I felt when the site was down, I think coming here and checking in is necessary for me. Great that you found the scent you like along with your mom's shower cap!! I actually receive the catalog for the Vermont Country Store. We put wood laminate floors in the family room a couple years ago and we LOVE them. They look and feel close to real wood and were less expensive. They are really easy to care for as this is a high traffic area (where we put the dogs out and bring them back in with their muddy or snowy paws) and the original off-white carpet just didn't work well at all. When we have the money, we want to put the laminate floors in the master bedroom and probably the living room. We did the work ourselves in the family room and can probably do it ourselves in the bedroom, but the living room is so big that we'll have to hire someone to do it or at least to help us. Since I can't remember how long ago my niece had her bariatric surgery, I'll ask her and let you know. I love the mini WW cream cheese cups. One of the women at my WW meeting suggested taking turkey pepperoni and spreading a little cream cheese on it. If you use 17 turkey pepperoni and 1 mini WW Cream Cheese, it makes a nice protein rich snack for 3 pts. That's interesting that your DH thinks the caffeine was making him sweat a lot. I perspire a little when I drink coffee...don't know if it raises my BP or just makes me warm or a combo of both. Sorry to hear you have the sniffles and aches. I hope you're not coming down with something bad. Feel better soon.

Ceejay - I think a bear trap for the farter would be great and depending on how low he crouched it might snap closed on something other than his foot! I like the idea of the "smile" sign. Good for you for cutting out caffeine! I still enjoy it has one of my many vices!

Patty - Where are you??

Shad - Glad you got DS off to NZ okay. Enjoy your painting this week, and your trip this coming weekend.

Mel - I hope the eye is doing much better.

A big to all you wonderful chicks!

Love and hugs,
Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #156  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All.

Short post, got in late as I had to stop by the doc office and get my B12 shot. Dinner tonight with T is spaghetti. Sauce is in the crockpot brewing all day today. YUM! Going to fix ghetto garlic bread and made the salad when I got home from CVS last night. That is about it.

Today so far. Breakfast burrito and a clementine. Decaf coffee. Lunch will be ground beef with cheese and a clementine.

Chelle...Get to feeling better...Nauseous huh? Preggers? Yikes....none of that for me. Your body may be telling you to slow down a bit. Rest is always good....

Ceejay...hope your quiet day at work is just that...quiet.

Happy...feel better my dear worldlie.

Shad...did you fall in a hole on the back 40? Hope you day isn't too stressful with work.

Laura...hope you day is going well.

Hi's to everyone.

Love and hugs.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #157  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HELLO CHICKS OF THE WORLD
I HAVE BEEN SPENDING TIME WITH JEN, WE FOOD SHOPPED TOGETHER AND SORTED OUT A KITCHEN CLOSET AGAIN. WE MOVED THE CANNED GOODS DOWN ONE MORE SHELF SO THEY DON'T FALL ON MY HEAD NOTHING ELSE NEW HERE. EYE IS ALMOST HEALED. HAVING A GOOD WEEK SO FAR. JUST BUSY. PUTTING JEN TO GOOD USE WHILE THEY HAVE NO CAR TO GO OUT IN.
HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON

ANNIE~ YOUR MONDAY WAS GOOD LIKE MINE. I CUT TO THE CHASE WITH MEALS AND STUCK TO IT.

MICHELLE~ THAT WAS SOME HOUSE CLEANINGYOU GT DONE. I AM HAPPY YOU HAD A GOOD VISIT AND SHE SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT "KID". GLAD TO HEAR SHE DID SO WELL WITH THE WEIGHTLOSS. YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED SO NICE. I SURE HOPE YOU'RE NOT GETTING SICK

LAURA~ NICE BARGAINS AT KOHLS! I ,OVE TO GET ALL THEIR COUPONS ETC READY WHEN I GO AT XMAS TIME. GET LOTS OF GOD BARGAINS THERE. HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER.

HAPPY~ I BUY MY FLANNEL NIGHTGOWNS THEWRE AS WELL...IN THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT!!! HAD A GOOD LAUGH WHEN I READ YOUR VERMONT COUNTRY STORE POST. I ALSO BOUGHT MY WOODEN BEADED SEATS FOR MY WHEELCHAIORS THERE YEARS AGO. WHEN WE CAN'T FIND SOMETHING I LOOK THERE FIRST. ROFLMAO HOPE THEY SMELL AS GOOD AS YOU REMEMBER5. I LOVE YANKEE CANDLE FOR THEIR PATCHOULI. YUM! I HOPE YOUR FOOT FEELS BETTER SOON. OUCH! GOOD LUCK WITH MOVING EVERYTHIONGFOR THE FLOORS!! I DON'T ENVY YOU OR DH!

JEANETTE~ TOO BAD YOUR FRIEND'S CAMERA CAN'T BE AIMED AT YOUR WINDOW!!! PUT A SIGN IN THE WOINDOW THAT SAYS FARTERS BEWARE!!! YOU SHOULD GET ONE OF THOSE CANNED AIR HORNS THEY USE AT FOOTBALL GAMES AND SCARE THE CRAP RIGHT OUT OF HIM!!

;wave: HELLO TO MISS CARLA JUST IN CASE HAPPY IS RIGHT

TO MISS MADCAT TOO....I CAUGHT YOU POSTING TO THE 3 CHICKS

WONDER IF OUR SHAD IS HAVING PROBLEMS AGAIN LOGGING ON. I DID YESTERDAY. KEPT TRYING ALL AFTERNOON AND EVENING BUT NO DICE. ONCE OR TWICE IT BEGAN TO LOAD AND THEN I LOST IT. TYODAY SEEMS OK THOUGH. THESE ARE OUR LITTLE HICCUPS IN LIFE
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #158  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE SNUCK IN THERE YOU RASCAL YOU!! I HAD FUSILLI, SAUCE AND TURKEY MEATBALLS LAST NIGHT AND HAVE LOTS OF LEFTOVERS LOVE SAUCE!!
WHAT IS GHETTO GARLIC BREAD? SOMETIME WE USE WONDER BREAD WHEN WE HAVE NO LOAFS.
HAVE A GREAT DINNER WIT T
Old 11-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #159  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MEL....Ghetto garlic bread is garlic bread, you spread butter on a slice of bread, sprinkle with garlic salt then toast it in the toaster. Taaadaaahh, ghetto garlic bread. LOL
Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #160  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - The spaghetti sauce sounds really yummy. Thanks for the explanation of ghetto garlic bread! I was confused too. BTW, NO I am NOT preggers! DH thinks I stressed out too much getting the house ready for my niece's visit. And then we were busy all weekend with very little rest. So yes, this ol' bod is telling me to slow my arse down. I'm planning on getting into jammies when I get home, and having a relaxing evening.

Mel - So nice that you've been spending time with Jen and that you won't be konked on the head by canned goods anymore! I'm glad to hear your eye is almost healed! My niece is a great 30 year old kid! She's so sweet and a lot of fun! You cracked me up with your suggestions for Ceejay's farter problems. Y

Happy - My niece had bariatric surgery a bit over a year ago. She's lost 90 lbs, but still wants to lose about 50 more I think. Please be careful moving stuff for the floors. No sense both you and DH injuring yourselves.

to Carla and Madcat and Ruthie if y'all are around.

As for Kohl's...if any of you want Kohl's coupons, please PM me your email addy and I'll send them along when we get them (for employees' friends and family discount days, etc.).
Old 11-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #161  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Haven't gone missing or had site problems. Yesterday was just too darn hot to do anything at all. We started at 21C at 5.00am and by 10.00am it was 35C and it steadily rose to 40C by 2.00pm where it stayed until around 7.00pm last night.
For the uninitiated, if you take the temp, (40) double it (80) and add 30 (110) you get close enough to the Fahrenheit temp. The true conversion is somewhere between 108F and 110F - you multiply by something with around 6 decimal points.
Anyway, it finally stormed last night and we are expected to have a cooler day today. Right now, it is 26F in my living room.

I'm off to do my walk and will report back in later with personals.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #162  
Choose your hard

Hello from Miss Balloon Head,

God I feel awful. Just want to crawl under my desk and go to sleep. But like Michelle - too much due right now to allow for that. DH is making chicken pot pie in the crock pot for supper. He said it looks pretty good. Right now I'd rather bury my face in a cool pillow than eat.

We had spaghetti yesterday. 15 minutes after eating I was ready to go into a pasta coma. Who needs a sleep aid, just eat some pasta right before bed

Michelle - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. But I can well imagine that you were just a cleaning machine before the niece's visit. Probably tuckered yourself out and it sounds like busy time at work for you too. Try and sneak into bed a little early. Eat some pasta if you're not sleepy. I'll be glad to get a friends and family discount coupon. I live to get the elusive 30% off on my sales flyer. The only time I got that was when I was up at the yurt in August and couldn't use it But any discount combined with a sale is good.

Mel - it's good to hear you got to spend some time with Jen. Probably a good thing to go through cabinets every once in a while - hey - forgot I had that! And make a nice hodge podge supper before things spoil out. Since smells bother you, do you have to live vicariously with an occasional whiff of something (talking about the patchouli). People at work here seem to have cut back on the heavy designer fragrances thank goodness.

Annie - do you get an extra rocket energy boost from the B-12 shot? You seem to have oodles of energy anyway.

I hope Shad is not stuck on the outer rim somewhere. Got an email from her yesterday but I thought she had things fixed.

Ok late lunch over - gotta find some aspirin for my headache. Later chicks...
Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #163  
Choose your hard

speaking of which - there she is above my head! Stay cool. 110 degrees - yikes!

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-17-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing exciting to tell. More later

Shad
Try to stay cool.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #165  

Aargh - just lost a post! Here goes again.

Happy - feel better soon. I once had the 30% Kohl's discount on my flyer, but it expired w/o my having used it. Mmm, chicken pot pie. Hope you're up for eating it by dinner time.

Shad - Whoa, that's hot. Please take it slow and easy!

Michelle - Sorry you're under the weather. You relax tonight! I may take you up on the discount coupons offer. I love our hardwoods, but the dog's claws have taken their toll on them. The laminate in our kitchen and 3-season room seems indestructible.

Annie - I could make a meal of the garlic bread alone!

Mel - Glad the eye is healing and that you're having a nice week.

Ceejay - Lots of good suggestions for dealing w/ your farter. I like the air horn idea in particular.

Feeling better today. Less congestion. I'm still on the mucinex, but I also took a Zyrtec to supplement my usual allergy med. Just for the heck of it, but it seems to have helped, or should I hope I'm finally getting better? I've been off the Nyquil for several days now and am sleeping okay. Well, except I woke up early today, but I decided to exercise (one 30 min. Body Electric show), so that was a good thing (as Martha would say). The movie tonight is "The Box", but I've heard nothing good about that movie, so I'm going to skip it. My choice, "Law Abiding Citizen" didn't make it again. I might switch my movie group participation to not voting, but still being e-mailed the final choice and then deciding if I want to go or not. I'd actually like to have a movie night w/ bf. Pre-movie group, we used to go to the movies together and I sort of miss that.

Better get back to work, so I'll post.

Cheers!
Closed Thread