Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default PIC-Partners in Crime-2009

Well its a New Year Ladies. How many years have we been doing this now? Figured someone should start the new thread. Hope we all have better staying power this year.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Oh Yeah! 2009 Is my year for living the life that I want...

Started my 100 new thingys resolution today (got 2 done only 88 more)...I can't remember when I've been so enthusiastic about ME! My that sounds so arrogant - but I've never put me first - and I gotta tell ya, doing so ain't awful-LOL!
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #3  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Happy New Year!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #4  

Ladies, we are already falling off the first page. Not a good start for our new year. How is everyone doing? I don't know what to do about this freakin relationship. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. I've decided to give him till the end of this month and if things are not significantly better I'm going to pull the plug. He blamed a lot on the holidays so I'll give him a chance to get his act together.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #5  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hi girls and Happy New Year to you all!

I've been bad about posting, but still checking in a couple times a week. Things are still status quo for me. 201-203. Even 200 one day!!! But on the positive-r side, I'll definately hit onderland this year lol.

I'll try to be better at posting too. No good falling off the front page!!

Petra~ If you opt out of a stressful relationship, then opt out. If you stay with him cuz you'll be happy, then so be it. Just be true to you.

Here's to a healthy 2009 for us all!!!!

Love, Dee~
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #6  

Happy New Year!! It has been a million years since I have posted. Life has had it up and downs but I really need to get back to where I was a few years ago. So I am hoping you will welcome me back with open arms. I not only fell off the wagon but the wagon ran over me. Today is a new day with me. I am not doing this because it is the new year but because I am having some health problems and I need to lose weight. I need friends like you to hold me accountable!!

I am not sure I was dx with diabetes when I was here before. Although I could jump into the diabetes support group, I really felt this group was a good fit for me. I also have PCOS. Currently my biggest battle is getting a wound to heal from surgery in October. My blood sugars are all over the place and I have a great diabetic educator who actually cares. She called me today(yes, I know it is Sunday!) and she really had a heart to heart with me. I know what I have to do but now I just need to DO IT!!

Petra...glad you still have your puppies. M finally talked us into getting a dog and it has been good for our family. Lexi is a border collie/aussie mix and very smart. She is very loyal to little Miss M.

Curly... nice to see you again! Glad you are still here.

Iwmonn...WOW so close to Onderland... you will make it!

Monkey... Nice meeting you. My daughter would love your name. She is into everything monkey.

Well, I am going to be sucessful and faithful!!

Lisa
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #7  

Lisa-great to see you again. Of course we would love to have you back. Sorry to hear you are having health problems but sometimes that can be a great motivator.

One of my puppies that you probably remember died last year. I got German Shepherd from a rescue almost a year ago now. I can't imagine my life without dogs. They add a lot of positive things to my life.

I have been on vacation this past week and the dogs are moping around this morning. Its like they know I'm going back to work. I guess they do-they know the routines.

Dee-I know you will hit onederland anyday know. I'm so happy for you. I also use the Sonoma Diet website because it has some features I like. They have a forum too. We do little challenges there. We had one for Christmas. I set a goal of 25 lbs for Christmas but only lost 14. Still it was 14 more than I would have lost otherwise. We are now doing another challenge for Easter. I have set my goal for 23 lbs so I will get to onederland too. Probably ambitious but we'll see how I do.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #8  

Petra,
Right now I am currently not working. I was laid off in July and haven't found a job yet. I interviewed twice last week and one of those jobs is a wonderful possibility. I still have time left on unemployment so I am not stressing. I would also like this wound to heal before I do go back to work.

My husband is still doing his radio gig. M is now 9. She is still into gymnastics and just finished as a level 5 (she was 10th in the state for her age group) and working toward making level 6 for the fall. WE downsized and moved this summer. Webought a wonderful older home in the orginal part of the city. We are only a few blocks from the capitol, library and a wonderful park.

I am reading a book on insulin resistance. They have a special diet for it. You basically balance your protein and your carbs. Currently I am doing a modified WW but without carbs. My nurse didn't come this morning. She still isn't back from her Christmas vacation so she will back here late this afternoon. I am going to work on taking the rest of my Christmas down and walk on the treadmill for a while. I am trying to get in 30 minutes of exercise a day.

Lisa
Old 01-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #9  
Staying in 1derland!

Hi Lisa!
You are not alone... the wagon ran over me as well! I am back at it again!
Tho i seem to have lost my drive...

Petra- I dunno know about the relationship stuff.. just follow your heart, I have come to a point where I am not going to tolerate any ones BS, and if that means I stay single then so be it...

Dee- missed ya!

let's get a challenge going... I need a focused goal... mainly I need to focus

I rescheduled my drs appt for today, cuz I finally got batteries for my scale and I have not lost ... so I got back in gear yesterday...

hmmm I should be out there walking right now! I found a new love---- baby carrots I munch them at my desk!

Last edited by curlylocks; 01-06-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #10  

Curly, I think a challenge is wonderful!

Petra, relationships are hard but that other person rarely changes. My feeling is you know quickly if someone will work out for you. I hope that made sense.

Yesterday was a strange day for me. Instead of counting points I am using Fit Day and counting protein, carbs and calories. My blood sugar was all over the place. I had a low episode in the afternoon. That was really scary because I rarely go that low. I am supposed to go to the doctor tomorrow and we are going to discuss my meds again. It has only been a few weeks and they tend to change my meds too quickly. Sometimes I don't think they give it enough time to see if it does actually work. Also the holidays were hard for me. Too many goodies around.

Little Miss is home today. She said she didn't feel well. I am not sure she just isn't tired. Too many playdates and sleepovers during the holiday. I laid back down with her so I am behind today. I am trying to get laundry done as well as get my tree down. I have 100's of Hallmark ornaments that I put each of them back into their box each and every year! It is very time consuming. My tree is about 1/2 way down and I work on it all day yesterday.I need to get my butt in gear. I am hoping that will be my exercise today. I think I need to exercise in the morning versus the evening when my sugars are higher.

Have a great day!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #11  

I only have a few Hallmark ornaments but I put them back in their box every year too. I can't imagine doing 100's of them. That would be overwhelming.

I know what you guys are saying about people not changing is true which is why I have set a limit on how long I'm going to let this go. He's a nice guy-it's not about him as a person. It's about the relationship stuff-how often we see each other, how much he is willing to compromise on some things, stuff like that. I'm willing to work at it but he has to meet me halfway.

Curly-I'm alreadly doing a challenge for Easter on the Sonoma board. Trying to lose 23 lbs by Easter. Probably a bit ambitious. I'm open to something else too as long as it isn't too complicated.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #12  
Staying in 1derland!

well maybe we could do an Easter challenge also?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #13  

An Easter Challenge would be great! I figured it was about 13 weeks away. SO I am going to go for the gusto and hope and pray for 25lbs gone.

I finally got all my ornaments packed up. Now I have to take them upstairs. I love the storage in this house. My attic is partially finished and has shelves on the back wall. You can walk up there. The stairs are steep and narrow but it is a great place for storage. I did get my tree down too and I reclaimed my livingroom. It is sad to see it all go down. I go all out with decorations so now my hosue seems naked!

Yesterday I had another scary episode of low blood sugar. I am having a problem after lunch with it dropping very quickly. Little Miss M was helping me take down ornaments off the tree and we were sitting on the floor. I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy. I took my blood sugar and it was 130. A few minutes later I really felt bad and wanted to lay down. When I got up everything was weak. DH was hope and taking his afternoon nap so I laid down with him. He knew I must not be right because I won't lay down with him. He dedided I probaby should take my blood sugar again so 1/2 hour after the 130 reading I was down to 62. That was way to quick. It took me a little while to recover. I am going to see my diabetic doc today. I am glad my blood sugar is going lower but not that low. I think the lack of carbs is giving me a headache. Ok, I am done whinning!!

On the good news front, I did a prelim on my taxes and was worried I would owe but the government is going to give me a good bit of money back!! I just hope I did them right. LOL
Old 01-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #14  
Staying in 1derland!

Are you on meds for the sugar? if so sounds like the dosage is too high for you. hmmm 13 weeks huh? I will have to decide what my goal will be...

I did well and stayed OP today, was running late this morning and just grabbed a can of tuna for lunch, was tempted to go out for lunch.. but it was rainy and cold so settled for the tuna!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #15  

Yes, I counted the weeks until Easter. My mini goal is 10 lbs by the 28th when I go back to the doctor. I am using the weight she weighed me today..YIKES... (I just ate breakfast) I know I can do that one because my first week on program is usually 5-7 lbs loss, I hope. Any weight loss will be a good weight loss!

I am on all kinds of meds for my diabetes. She took me off what I was on because it is a very strong med. My problem is my morning reading is way too high. Tomorrow I am starting new meds. I am hoping this combination works. The reason for the other is I wasn't healing because my bs was too high. Now my body knows what normal is again and they can adjust them again.

I had tuna for lunch today too I put it over a big bed of lettuce. It was great. I made Mexican Lasagna for dinner. I also put it over a big bed of lettuce. I had a veggie omlet for breakfast. I drank all my water. Actually I might have to get up a couple of times tonight. I should of started earlier but after and during working out I drink tons of water.

I am proud! I walked on the treadmill tonight for 45 minutes. I took my I-pod downstairs and turned it up, tuned it out, and did it! I actually felt good when I was done. I ate an apple afterwards but next time I will select something with less carbs. M wanted her after gym snack and I needed my bedtime snack so we had celery with peanut butter.

Lisa
From very Windy Wyoming where the antelope just flew by the window!~