Old 01-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Tammy thanks for the New Years Wish - I am hoping to get my crud in gear and hopefully make my goal weight this year as well

Holly sounds like you had a good time last night with Pickles- We went out and had a blast got home around 145 am and went to bed then woke up at 830 but of course as promised I have stayed in recliner with foot up

Oh ya by the way my foot it is not Gout thank goodness but now we don't know what the problem is???? They sent x-rays off to be read by an expert so maybe they will find something - it is still swollen today but not quite as bad but it does still hurt when I do get up and walk on it

You know Holly that is awesome that you have basically maintained your weight even though it is a different one during summer and winter as most say that happens quite often-
Well of course I am not able to exercise these few days but hopefully monday I will be able to get back on treadmil at least - i was suppose to bowl tomorrow night but told them I can't as it is my left foot which is my slide foot - darn it I look forward to that exercise as well

Well girls have a great weekend
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #242  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning it is gently snowing here, we're supposed to get 'from 2 inches to 18 inches' through Monday - how's that for a vague forecast, LOL!

Reda I am glad it is not gout but I hope they find out WHAT the problem is! sorry that you will miss bowling and I hope you're not in too much pain.

Hi Tammy

I just finished doing 30 day shred level 3, sweat was dripping from my nose by the time I was in circuit 3 and doing those traveling pushups. And I noticed I need to vacuum

well it was another busy day at the store yesterday but it sure made time go by quickly, and something I noticed, there have been less jerks this year

gotta shower and get ready for work, hope you have a good day
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #243  

Good Morning all - Just want to say still no exercise dang it

Have a Great Day at work Holly
Old 01-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Good afternoon ladies,

Reda, glad your foot is not gout.... sorry they don't know what it is. Maybe the rest is helping it some. And, if nothing else comes from the rest you will have some awesome looking purse coverings

Gosh, Holly that sounds like a Northeast Arkansas forecast. But, at least you are getting snow for the skiiers, and that is good for business. I am glad you are busy, that makes time go by faster.
about discovering the need to vacuum with the traveling push ups. I hate it when I find a chore like that. Lol.
I went to a thrift store today and got an urban rebounder trampoline (without the videos). I had bought another Leslie Sansone "fast 5 mile walk" but decided to take it and the thermal walking shirt I got back to WM and get the trampoline. I would much rather be inside when it is 10 degrees outside than to be out in the cold trying to exercise. I don't see how people ski..... I am too worried about being cold, I would probably break something b/c I would not be paying attention to what I should be. But, that could be why I live down here. Some people would not like the 105 degrees days (which I am not too crazy about either).

Now, about your weight being the same as it was last year. I can see where you would be frustrated, but like CC pointed out, you are basically maintaining- and that is much better than a HUGE gain. I mean you could be back where you started, right? Just remember that you can dumpster dive like nobody's business. Seriously, who can use their abs to pull themselves up..... especially those of us who are, eh-hem over 25 ; I think all of us have come a long way...... and besides the dumpster diving, who can rock the leather gear like us? Not many.......

Well, I have to go. DH wants to go to Jboro, he gets restless easy.

I will gab at you two later.

CC- take care of that foot.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #245  

I know I will get little sympathy from you ladies, considering you have to maneuver through snow..... but here goes anyway...... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! It is so freaking cold here. I have not done much all day (outside) b/c it is so cold. And we don't even have snow to show for it. We got up and it was 19 degrees..... way too cold for a southerner.

I jumped a little on my trampoline, caught laundry back up, did some odd and end stuff in the house..... but nothing outside!

I feel like I have a decent start on the week. I have most of my suppers cooked or ready to cook. That is half the battle.
I am ready to get back to boot camp this week. I know it is going to be crowded..... but I ready to work at these last 10!

I hope you have had a good Sunday.

Reda, how is your foot today? When do you go back to the doctor?

Last edited by ladyrider72472; 01-03-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: forgot to ask about Reda
Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #246  

Well wanted to check in before heading to bed as I am back on early shifts this week so I haven't been able to go to bed early but will still have to get up and be on the road at 3am

Well my foot it is still alittle swollen but not as bad but it does still hurt to put any pressure on that spot so going back to DR tomorrow even though I know that there really probably isn't anything then do

I wish it was 19 degrees here - shoot we are not even hitting 0 degrees as we are mostly below 0 since last week very cold
We love skiing - I am not a speed skier and I only go on green and very few blue - you would be surprised how you don't really notice the cold but then again you are dressed for it just like when we get the snowmobiles out we dress for teh weather

I am hoping to start walking on treadmil tomorrow because we only have 2 weeks before winter vacation gets here- yippeeee

Oh ya I have gotten a few more purse coverings done - it is so neat to have all these different ones ..... I am going to try to find some mardi gras material so that I can make one for when we go there in February

Well my youngest brought home friend last week and yes he is still here because he lives 180 miles away and just found out today that they are both out of money and he has no way home and now this afternoon he comes down with the flu, poor kid I wouldn't want to be in someone elses home with the flu..... Tomorrow I will probably give DS some money to take him home if he is feeling better to travel- I don't mind a friend staying for a few days but it has almost been a week and I am ready to have the house back and not worry about being in underwear and tshirt when I get up in the morning or middle of the night.....

Well I am off to bed talk to you girls tomorrow
Old 01-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #247  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks

Reda I am glad toe is a little better...how do you manage to wear a shoe on it? Sorry that you are on the too-early-for-anyone 3 am thing again and that is a shame about your DS's friend being sick. and sorry that you don't have your house to yourself, oh for the freedom of walking around in tshirt and whatever or nothing else.

Tammy, YES you have sympathy!! I read of Southerners getting hit by cold..yes that is cold and it is freezing for you guys. Congrats on the rebounder (is that a mini tramp?) and I'm sure Boot Camp will be full of New Year's Resolutionsers...but usually many of them drop out and you'll have the place to yourself.

thank you for the positive spin on my weight. I guess that is true!! and I am somewhat proud of the muscles that are under the padding it is surely not an impossible goal to lose 9-ish pounds in a few months... I applaud you Tammy for planning and having those meals cooked ahead of time. What have you prepared?

I need to do that too, plan and prepare!!! or I am setting up to fail.

whoa only 2 weeks till Reda's winter vacation in warmth, ahhhh!!

yesterdays exercise was Keli Roberts step tape; today was Gilad's strength (no cardio)

have to get my butt in gear, have a great day chicks

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-04-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #248  

Good Morning Ladies,

Okay, I feel bad for whining about the weather now. We got some flurries yesterday. I had a patient call in b/c he is snowed in today (up in the hills) and now they are calling for a big snow on Thursday..... (big to us is over an inch). As long as it is not an ice storm I can live with it.

Reda, I know you want to lose some weight before your vacation, but I would ask before I got on the treadmill. The impact may hurt your foot even more.... I know it is hard to walk on a treadmill when my ankle is tender.

I don't blame you for giving your DS the $ to take his friend home. I would not like someone being in my home for an extended stay.... especially with the flu! Yuck! Bless his heart. I hope he is able to travel.

I cannot wait to see your Mardi Gras purse. I bet you can find some material---somewhere. If not..... maybe some shiny wrapping paper with some kind of picture of beads? Holly maybe able to give you a better idea, I don't have a creative bone in my body..... well maybe, I can create a BIG MESS!

Boy oh boy, I am glad the holidays are over..... I did not think I was going to make it through boot camp this AM. It was sooo crowded in the first class it was unbelievable!

Hi Holly, I hope all is well with you.

I am going to get off here. I will gab at you two later.

I was hoping Mandy would come back since it is the first of the year.....
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #249  

Holly, the menu for the week is:

Sunday was applewood bacon and seasoning pork tenderloin I bought at Sam's. If you have not tried it, it is very reasonably priced and it is AWESOME- and extremely lean (except the bacon). We had creamed potatoes, and cauliflower and onion. The whole meal was about 11 points each (I get 24 a day, DH gets 43 )

Today was 15 bean soup. I picked up the mix at WM. It cooked all night. It was fair..... (very low in calories). It felt like something was missing though.... not sure what it was. The soup was 2points a cup, the crackers are 1 point for 5.

Tomorrow is turkey burgers on orowheat thins (they are one point if you are counting points), and baked seasoned fries or baked onion rings. 10 points for 10 potatoe wedges and a turkey burger (no cheese).

Wednesday is chicken fajitas (from our local mexican restaurant). DH and I split a platter. With 24 chips and splitting a platter it is about 600 calories or 12-14 points.

Thursday- is weenie bagels (I named them-- )(breakfast). It is a turkey sausage on a bagel (the Lenders refrigerated one is 3points as opposed to a normal 6+ point bagel) and egg. Cheese if you have enough points. It is twice as big as a McDonalds Egg McMuffin and more filling. Each bagel is 7 points.

Friday- I will go back to the store and re evalute to get us through Sunday. Worst case scenerio we have left over soup.......

So, that is as far as I got. I am trying a recommended grocery tip. It said if you bought your weekly groceries on a Sunday but your weekend groceries on a Friday it would not be such a huge task. We will see. I am looking over recipie books for next weeks food.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #250  

Wow Tammy that is awesome meal planning- you have it under control
I was wondering if DH was still working at getting healthy - I couldn't imagine 43 points that is alot of food and then when you compare to your 24 points

Well I am going to get off the computer and get some dishes done then head off to bed Have a great day tomorrow and I will try to catch up on what I have missed then
Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #251  

Good morning ladies. Not much to chatter about other than it is COLD!

CC- DH is apparently NOT going to exercise, but he is eating better. Yeah, it is hard on me b/c he gets so many points...... and I don't. I have to work my butt off to get activity points and even at that, I don't get as many as he does. Oh well......

Holly, hope you are doing well at work. Are y'all getting the snow you need for business?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #252  

So, tell me how nuts I am...... I am thinking that I may run in a 5K. I am going to train for one at boot camp. I see there is a "National Guard 5K" in July, my son maybe gone by then, but I may run in his honor. At this point, I don't really have the desire to run in a 1/2 marathon or a whole one..... but I think I want to run in a 5k.

I think I am losing it! Lol.... me running? Who would have dreamt it? I guess the same people that would have dreamt of me riding my own motorcycle. Lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #253  

Tammy that sounds great and it will give you something to be training for
Well just got home alittle bit ago and I am super tired so I just wante to stop in and say HI and hopefully tomorrow I will get home at a decent time so that I can chat alittle more

Hi Holly
Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #254  
Biker Chick!

good morning, hi chicks Tammy that is so great that you are motivated to train for a 5K!!!

Hi Reda

today I also have to do alot of baking again, our organization's annual Harley Raffle is this Saturday, and that guy I'm married to does the food (chicken and gravy with biscuits that we buy from the store) roasted potatoes, cole slaw that we also buy; cranberry sauce that my nice summer boss donated (6 number 10 cans!) and desserts that I make, an assortment of brownies, bars, etc.

We have to plan to feed at least 240 people, and up to 300 though that has never happened. We started doing it about 4 years ago, when we first joined the organization and learned the previous caterers (not members) had done a not great job and charged about $800. We have kept the tally well under $600 since doing it ourselves. That includes eating utensils, plates also.

so it is late in the morning and I still haven't worked out, but I have a headache that feels almost like a hangover headache..i will take an excedrin and have some more coffee and hopefully that will help and I will get in gear.

hope you have a great day
Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #255  

Good Morning ladies,

Whew Holly, that is a lot of food and a lot of work. But, good for you to be able to do it. I don't think I could pull it off!

CC, how is the foot?

It is soooo cold here. They are calling for snow today so I am hoping that we will get to have a "snow day" from work tomorrow. If so, I have some stuff I want to start selling online.

You are not going to believe what happened to me last night...... I should have gone to Tunica to gamble last night.... b/c I got lucky! I started carrying my little Harley purse before Christmas b/c I don't like having to carry my backpack in everywhere I go. Well, last night I was the last to leave work. I could not remember if I locked the dead bolt or not. So, I pulled back in the lot and went to check the door. I went home and went to get my backpack out of the car and my purse was not there. I called DH and he said he was a couple blocks away to wait on him. So, I did. We got back to Jboror and there set my purse..... untouched. It was cold-- but my debit card, check book (which I never have in my purse), and my old SS card..... That was lucky. Needless to say, I am not carrying the purse today, it is one of the ones going up for sale. I will just carry my tiny wallet in where I go and keep my other stuff in my backpack.

Well, I am going to get busy...... Talk to you later.