Old 10-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #166  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking

I can certainly relate to an old relic of a computer, Nicki. I am in the same boat as you.
I have friends that send me photos and videos and this old thing can't see them or possible amber up enough strength to run them!!
Then, now with DS's school work, I have to use his notebook to grade and whatnot on. I really tried when we went shopping for the notebook that I could get one along with his, but DH said, "Why don't we see how this goes first."
Alas, I'm stuck with ole' Nellie here!!!
But, hey, at least I have one and am fortunate that it works at all.

DH, DS and I went out to dinner the other night and believe it or not, it was quite pleasant. We went to a local taco place to buy DS's dinner and then we went to a pizza parlour and DH and I had a pizza and a pitcher of ale while DS had his taco stuff.
Maybe we could convince DH to do something along those lines again tonight. That would be fun on a Friday night.

Well, I had better attempt to accomplish something today. I don't sleep well (I wake up every hour due to pain) during the night, so unfortunately, I just found myself taking a nap in the recliner!!! So, DS is in the shower and then it's my turn and then BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.

Have a fantastic weekend you's guys!!! And, I will try to do the same. DH has to have a minor surgery the 8th, so wish me luck on dealing with him while he's lingering around the house over the weekend!!!!!

Keep up the daily healthy lifestyle choices.

KELLI
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Quick post to say Hi.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #168  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi back!
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #169  

Monday here and I've had a normal weekend, nothing special happened. Had some fun with DH though ! Well it counts as exercise.. Though if it was that good a form of exercise I'd be skinny. I love having fun with DH.

Nicki
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #170  
my beautiful mess

Nicki- you made my day!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #171  
This is my year!

Default Not my kind of exercise!!!

If I'm reading between the lines correctly. I haven't had any of that kind of exercise in about three years.

But, I'm okay with it.

DH is a bit testy, though./COLOR]

Last edited by Nightmare; 10-07-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: messed up on italics
Old 10-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #172  

Kelly yes you have read correctly between the lines. No chance of any more of that though this week. DH is working away and won't be home until Friday.

I'm happy this morning, got on the scales for my official weigh in and I've lost another 5lb's! Hey just thought I've got to add one of these to my signature I'm adding one for every 7lb I lose. It's 7lb because thats half a stone and being British I think in stones and pounds and not just pounds. For me thinking in just pounds would be like just thinking of my height in inches and not feet and inches as for the metric system that loses me completely.

Nicki
Old 10-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #173  
This is my year!

Default Terrific

Another 5 lbs.?
That's terrific. Keep going girl.

I haven't stood on the scale since the Doctors office appointment on the 9th of September and it was the highest ever. But, then when I give it some thought, every time I go to the doctors office their scales are always weighing high.
But, my own scale is really old and isn't real reliable, so perhaps I'll pick up a new one.

But, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Well, rough night last night, so I'm going back to bed now!!!

Keep up the great work Nicki.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #174  
my beautiful mess

Hi Chickies:

Nicki - 5 lbs!
Kelli - so sorry you had a bad night.

I have had a cold and been eating off plan. Feel yucky today. But today is a new day and I am making the most of it.

Hope we all have a wonderful day.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #175  

Ash hope you're feeling better. I hope I didn't pass it onto you because I've been feeling grotty as well over the past few days.

Kelli I had the shock of my life today. DH isn't only letting me have his old computer but he's also upgrading it for me so that it will run better and faster. He loves building computers up from scratch and he also has the brains, ability and financial commonsense to do the job properly. He's starting building his new one this weekend, which means I should be getting his old one hopefully before Christmas, and no it's not to be my Xmas present either. Still until then I'm on 'Hal'.named after the insane computer in 2001 A Space Oddyses.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #176  
my beautiful mess

How wonderful an newish computer upgraded and everything. Very nice.

Well today I feel more in control that I have in 2 weeks. Looking forward to some loss this week.

wishing you both a great week.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #177  

Ash you go girl!

Kelli hope things are going all right.

Nicki

Last edited by Nicki54; 10-12-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #178  
my beautiful mess

Nicki,

Those tickers keep moving. 47 miles.....almost halfway there!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #179  

Hi Ash yes the walking ticker was moving along nicely until I decided to erase it and my other ticker as well. I wanted just one ticker showing how much I've got to lose it total, I also wanted a happy cheerful ticker, a colourful ticker and one that sends out positive vibes. Now my main reason on getting rid of the excercise ticker was that it could only count the number of steps/mileage that my cheap pedometre was registering and it became very obvious that for every step I took it was registering at least 4. it wasand in association so was I, So they have both gone, the cheap pedometre and the exercise tracker.

I'm now going to pick a couple of smilies, one for every 7lb I lose and another for each stone.

Nicki
Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #180  
This is my year!

Default Hi guys!

Ash, sorry about the rotten cold. Perhaps our recent weather change got ya?
As I am writing this, I'm sitting here watching the wind blow, the clouds move in front of the sun, then the sun peeking back and then the power goes off and on about six times. I kid you not. Six times!!

So, I'm going to write this and then shut er' down.
My computer is so old that a few more shocks to it's system might just knock it out completely.

Nicki, right on for the upgraded computer.

I haven't been around much to get online.
DH had knee surgery on Thursday and I've been playing nurse/driver since. Then for the last two days, I've driven him into work. And, he won't "ALLOW" me to just drop him off and then return home and then pick him up.
I've never heard of anyone doing this.
But, we live about 45 minutes from his office. So, in his mind, it isn't cost effective for me to drop him off, return home and then go back to pick him up.
He expects me to just wait the whole day at his office until it's time for him to call it a day.

Oh, well excuse me, but do I not have a life??????
Must I always forfeit whatever I'm doing or whatever I have planned for him????
Oh my gosh, maybe before my life is over I'll stop being a doormat??
One can only hope!!!

Well, I have to head up to Washington state, where I'm originally from to visit my family and my daughter next week, so I won't be online for awhile.
So, you guys get well (Ash) and Nicki keep up the good healthy living stuff!!!

I've been checking online on which diet program I'm going to hook up with because I'm not doing anything right now. And, I feel so incredibly uncomfortable and painful that I just can't stand it.
So, I've come to the realization that I have to try either Weight Watchers or something. Because I'm going to end up having a heart attack or just plain keel over.

Anyway, one step in front of the other.

KELLI