Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #241  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I had a crazy busy day yesterday, and had a bunch of work on the 'puter to do when I got home. Luckily I went for a good walk at lunch, and also luckily, I didn't bring any snacks to the 'puter after work...and I was so busy I didn't eat anything until I came down for dinner around 8 pm. (I know, late eating is not good...but I stayed under my points).

Journal and Stay within points - 2 pauses left - Day 21 completed.
Gym or walk at least 25 minutes - 1 pauses left - Day 21 completed.

I think I'll keep these same two challenges for next round, and maybe *try* and add crunches.

Welcome, DivineFidelity! I'm really finding this daily accountability for the challenges helpful. I hope you do too!

Red - I hope you are busy enjoying life and doing good, healthy things for yourself!

Apple - Good for you on the beer challenge. And if you do have to go over your calories...at least you did it with healthy foods. Portion control is difficult when you go out to eat, even at the healthiest of restaurants.

Saramommy - You're doing great! So close to completing your challenges! YGG!

A big to everyone!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 205/205/180

Height: 5'7

oh ladies

I hang my head in shame....all was going well until a night in Dubai (where I live now) got me out til 3am...in which case you always "need fuel" right? Well, I am off for vacation for the next week, in Greece, away from refined sugar and fried food (I hope), so hoping for clean eating and living! How are you all doing?

naughtylittlemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #243  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I just finished my workout, and it was exhausting! I'm doing the 30 Day challenge on EA Active =D

Exercise Daily - Day 1 (2 pauses left)
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #244  

No Beer, 2 pauses, day 2
Good foods, 2 pauses, Day 0
Oh man. If there had been a cold beer in the fridge I so would have had it...One tiny victory I guess... But I still didn't manage a good lunch, so I'm still waiting for lift off there. I'll be good at dinner...
NLM-have a fun vacation!
Devine, welcome, and great job getting that work out in!!
Diyana, you did it!!!:chee r2:
Good luck on the next 21!
Hey Red!Hey Sara!Hey Shad!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #245  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day 1 done

1300 daily calorie limit - 3 pauses
Exercise - 30 per day - 3 pauses
Water - 1 litre of the pure stuff per day - 3 pauses.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #246  
Creating a Healthier Me

Monkey - Have a great vacation! Wow, Greece! How wonderful! Enjoy!

AppleBlossom - Good for you for the no beer challenge! You're doing great!

Divine - Congrats on doign the workout!

Shad - Good on ya for keeping up with your challenges.

Red - How's it going?

Since I completed my challenges on Tuesday, I took yesterday as a break day. I did eat well within my points in anticipation of weigh in today, but by the time I got home I wasn't up to even walking the dogs, much less going to the gym. I did play with my dogs in the backyard though. I'm definitely going to the gym tonight for my fave strength training class and an appt with my trainer.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #247  
Creating a Healthier Me

Yay! Great weigh in for me today! I've lost 2.4 lbs, which means I lost the 2.2 I gained last week, plus a little bit extra! I'm sooo happy!!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #248  

No Beer, 2 pauses, day 3
Yesterday was hard but I made it!!
I have to re work my eating challenge, but like I mentioned before, I think I need to wait until school starts and things get normal. We'll just stick to the beer for now. I CAN add the Wii Body test, I've done that 2 days in a row, so I can stealth it too!It's not much, but it will keep me aware of my "situation."
Wii Body Test, 2 pauses, Day 2
Diyana, I knew that weight would come off quickly! Way to go! I bet you feel great!
Shad is off the starting blocks! I know you can do it!
Hi to everyone else!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #249  

Day 2 done

1300 daily calorie limit - 3 pauses
Exercise - 30 per day - 3 pauses
Water - 1 litre of the pure stuff per day - 3 pauses.

Michelle - great loss that. Well done
Apple - thanks for the motivation. The first week is always the worst since it seems so long to the end.
Welcome to our new challengers.

WHERE IS RED? Are you doing stealth again?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #250  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink moving right along....

I'm here, just haven't felt like writing. Sorry.

Good foods challenge -- Day 10 completed 1 pause taken (I've changed this around because I realized it was stupid to knock off a good foods day if I took a no sugar pause. So, the current rules will be that a no sugar pause is separate, BUT that doesn't mean I get 6 no sugar pauses. It means that I will consider eating a bit of sugar as separate and take a good foods pause when I have something like a rice cracker with no added sugar.)
No sugar! -- Day 9 completed 2 pauses taken
No alcohol -- Day 18 completed 1 pause taken
No smoking -- Day 18 completed 2 pauses taken
Journal -- Day 20 completed
Caffeine Cut (Round 3!) -- Day 6 completed 0 pauses taken

Shad -- No, not doing stealth. Stealth is only when you don't announce a new challenge and I have enough challenges. I've just been busy and doing a lot of emailing. Sometimes I just feel better NOT concentrating on challenges (though I still do them). After a certain point, out of mind makes it all easier. Glad to see you're back rolling. It's kind of hard for me to imagine eating only 1,300 calories and I simply cannot. I would be setting myself up for a rebound big time. But, you are good with it. I guess we're different....yeah, like, Shad is thin and you're not, Red.

Apple -- Does day 3, 2 pauses on beer mean you've taken two pauses? No, right? You just started. I think I may quit alcohol totally. I have lost interest in the stuff. Well, I never liked it. I only liked getting drunk and I'm too old to be doing that anymore. For me, a glass or two does nothing and just makes me want more and more, so I think it makes more sense to forego it totally. Well, just going on about ME again. You're doing your thing and good for you!

diyana -- That's great news on the weight loss. Good for you for sticking to your plan!

Divine -- Congrats on liftoff!

monkey -- So, you're in Dubai, are you? I knew a lot of people in racing there. Never went as the press package for the races was too pricey but we used to get a lot of horses from there coming for big races. Also, someone who worked at the paper here went there and was working at an English-language daily. What, may I ask, are you up to?

Sara -- How's it going?

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #251  

Shad is not thin. You and I are about neck and neck. It would seem that somewhere along the line we are getting out calories mixed.
I'm five 1 1/2 and around 80kilos now. My brain doesn't want to do the maths but I think it is about 180lbs. I use Allan Borushek's calorie and fat counter. I've tried others, but his is just more detailed with more of everything in it. I've also found that some books seem to work the calories different. I just wonder where yours are coming from. If you are mainly eating vegetarian, then you should have no problems eating at 1300. At 2000 and vege, I would imagine six huge meals per day. I can eat a massive plate of vegetables and not go over 200cals. Add meat to it and you are around the 550 mark. If you are cutting out sugar as well, you can't be doing anywhere near 2000. How about you give me a days menu and see if I can work it on my calorie counter. Then we can go have a look at your counter with a daily list from both me and you. I'm wondering about the miso and salt contents of your food. I hate measuring and counting but it has to be done. What I do now is to weigh everything when I get it back from the shop. I then pack it in containers and freeze it or put it in the fridge ready for use. That way I know where I am. Just have to pull out the package from the fridge and cook.

Okay - off the soapbox and back to cleaning.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #252  
Never give up

Shad, I have done the calories and I feel highly uncomfortable going below 1500 calories and that's when I'm just sitting around! Shad, you must realize that I am very muscular and that makes a huge difference. That said, I don't know why people think a vegetarian diet means less calories. In fact, it means much more. It's not vegetables I eat in quantity (though it probably should be) it's grains, beans and lentils. Those are calorie-packed. My morning oatmeal racks up about 600-700 calories alone. It is much easier to eat fewer calories when you eat lean meat and fish. Anyhow, let's not worry about it. I know what I have to do. My problem is simply not being consistent. I can eat huge portions and do. Now that I've cut out the beer bingeing (sorry, Apple, for the mention) I think I can bring my consistency more into line. The scale is moving down, thank God. I knew it would. It was just horrible before that it wasn't. I am so, so glad to be free of the hated office!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #253  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone =D

So today was definitely a hard day. My sister was downstairs while I was working out with the wii, watching and critiquing everything I did...and being a brat about it too. I was SO ready to just give up, but I didn't!

Exercise Daily - Day 2 (2 pauses left)
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #254  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

I met with my trainer last night, and he helped me figure out some do-able daily challenges. In addition to the things listed below, I'm committing to strength training twice a week.

Journal and Stay within points - 3 pauses - Day 1 completed
Cardio (Gym or walk) at least 30 minutes - 3 pauses - Day 1 completed
Crunches (really engaging my abs and stabilizing my back) 25+ per day - 3 pauses - Day 1 completed
Planks (total of 2 minutes per day) - 3 pauses - Day 1 completed

Apple - Good for you for realizing the challenge that can and will work for you now! YGG!

Red - Great to hear from you. I understand what you're saying about not focusing on challenges. It's easier for me to incorporate them and view them as part of my new healthy lifestyle rather than to view them as something I do for just 21 days...that's why I find myself repeating the basic ones (as you are) and adding new! on the scale moving down! I can "hear" the ease and relief in your words about being free of that toxic job.

Shad - Sounds like you have a great plan and a way to stay successful! That's wonderful! Do you find it difficult to stay on plan when you travel for work? Of course, you're usually not living out of hotels..you've had apartments with kitchens so you can still stay OP. All your energy, dedication and determination is really inspiring!

DivineFidelity - Good for you for not letting your sister get to you!!

Last edited by diyana; 08-07-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #255  
Never give up

Talking Hurrah!!!

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!!!

Good foods challenge -- Day 11 completed 1 pause taken
No sugar! -- Day 9 completed 3 pauses taken
No alcohol -- Day 19 completed 1 pause taken
No smoking -- Day 18 completed 3 pauses taken
Journal -- Day 21 completed Journal challenge completed!!
Caffeine Cut (Round 3!) -- Day 7 completed 0 pauses taken

Will write later! Hello everyone! Thanks, diyana! Good for you, Divine!