Old 08-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

My challenges are as follows (each are separate):
-Only eat 1200 calories --Day 22 (NO pauses left)
-NO fast food --Day 22 (NO pauses left)
-Exercise Daily--Day 23 (1 pauses left)

YAY I completed ALL challenges!!!!!

I will come up with some new ones over the weekend. Best to you all!!!
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #257  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

My boyfriend came down to visit today, he'll be here till tuesday. He lives about an hour and a half or two hours away, and I don't have a car and he can't afford gas often so we don't get to see each other much...so It was really hard to find the motivation to take a break from spending time with him to go work out. He was too tired to work out with me =/

BUT, once again I did it anyways. =D

Exercise Daily - Day 3 (2 pauses left)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Red! Hope it's a great one.

Everyone else, you're all so inspiring. If you guys can do this, well so can I!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:43 AM   #258  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy birthday Red Balloon.

Day 3 done
1300 daily calorie limit - 3 pauses
Exercise - 30 per day - 3 pauses
Water - 1 litre of the pure stuff per day - 3 pauses.

Bit light on the water, but I think I have it covered with the other fluids. Now I am off to have a glass of red for Red
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #259  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

I've been sick too, I thought mommies aren't allowed to catch things from the kids....
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #260  

Day 4 done

Up and at 'em. Time for the exercise
Old 08-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #261  

Day 5 done

Must be the weekend again. Miriam - hope you get better soon.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #262  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking through on alcohol!

Hi there, all. Sorry to be away but having more of those days where I just have my head down and am slogging forward, not enjoying it, just doing it and though I'm seeing positive results, I am NOT happy because it is such hard work. I feel extremely deprived.
My weight is down, but, heck, if should be. I have been working my arse off. This is what it takes for me. Super hard work. Damn, it is not fun.

Thanks to those who wished me a happy birthday. I did nothing special for the day, which in itself could be considered, if not special, then at least unusual. So be it. I had no booze and no sugar and, basically, I just got a lot of birthday wishes and one little present from my riding teacher. Still, I rode alone and felt I made some progress in a particular area of difficulty and someone else noticed and commented. So, that was a present from my horse!

Good foods challenge -- Day 13 completed 1 pause taken
No sugar! -- Day 11 completed 3 pauses taken

No alcohol -- Day 21 completed 1 pause taken No alcohol challenge completed and only 1 pause!!

No smoking -- Day 20 completed 3 pauses taken
Journal (2nd round) -- Day 2 completed
Caffeine Cut (Round 3!) -- Day 9 completed 0 pauses taken

diyana -- Where are you hiding? It sounds like you and the trainer had a good talk. I hope you can follow those exercises and see them help you. You're seeing results on the scale too. It feels good, doesn't it? I wish I could feel good about things but it won't be a while. I have been through this ground SO many times, it just makes me sick to see it again and again. I feel no sense of accomplishment because I feel like I'll blow it again. It's not that I can't lose weight, it's that I can't keep it off. I know why and that's the problem. I enjoy my old ways too much. I do not enjoy the hard work involved in losing weight. Other people can simply not be doing this and yet all I see around me are thin people. You must realize fat women are very rare here. When I go to the States I am constantly motivated to outdo others, but not here. Is that sick or what? Yeah, it's a damn relief to be away from the office. It is dead to me now and thank God.

Shad -- It looks like you're sticking to your guns. I expect to see some results for your hard work, no? You and your ultra low calorie count!

Sara -- Congrats on your challenges! Wish you'd spend more time with us though so we can benefit from your resolve!

Divine -- That was quite an accomplishment you had, working out despite the visit from your boyfriend. It was a very meaningful one though! Good for you!

miriam -- I hope you're feeling better. Aren't mommies the first to get sick after the kids are better always? Just when everyone else is up and about and too busy to take care of YOU!

Apple -- Where are you? How's that no beer challenge coming along?

Last edited by redballoon; 08-09-2009 at 07:54 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 AM   #263  
Never give up

I was and still am just in a foul mood. It is so hot and I have no respite from the heat and the horrible humidity but to go to a store. Just sitting in my room has me reeking of sweat in a couple hours (yes, I know...TMI ). It's gross and I feel fat and ugly. I am fat and ugly. So, the weight loss is not lifting my spirits much BUT it is a bit and I just wanted to come in here and say that. Yes, it IS worth it, all the hard work. Heck, I am lazing around too much and that's why it feels so hard. Just get used to it, Red!

Oh, yes, my signature is from a while ago when I started on the Mary Lou Retton weight platform, which doesn't tell you your weight, just your progress. I forgot where I was when I started...well, it doesn't really matter. I'm still like a pound above. So, even though I've shown progress of recent, I'm still above wherever it was when I started on that platform. So, you'll see the little chickling moving when I get below that initial earlier weight. Got that?

Last edited by redballoon; 08-10-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #264  
Never give up

Wrapping up the day, folks.

Good foods challenge -- Day 14 completed 1 pause taken
No sugar! -- Day 12 completed 3 pauses taken
No alcohol (second round, first round completed with 1 pause) -- Day 1 completed 0 pauses taken
No smoking -- Day 21 completed 3 pauses taken
No smoking challenge complete!! I did take three pauses though.
Journal (2nd round) -- Day 3 completed
Caffeine Cut (Round 3!) -- Day 10 completed 0 pauses taken

Last edited by redballoon; 08-10-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #265  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Red - A very Happy Belated B'Day! Congrats on the weight loss! BTW, you are not fat nor ugly. You are a strong, beautiful woman (www.operationbeautiful.com), and you weigh A LOT less than I do. Good for you for working hard and striving to reach your goals! Is there anything you can do to make this journey more fun and not feel deprived? Are there any non-food/non-drink related rewards you can give yourself for your efforts? Maybe even more riding time? I'm sure your horse would LOVE that too. You want to know what's GREAT about the fact that I lost 40 lbs last year and gained it back again? It's great that I know that I can do this! You say you've been through this ground before...but the best part is you know now not to give up due to frustration or deprivation. You know you've had success and can have it again...you just have to stick with it. And I KNOW you can do that! You won't blow it because you've done SO well addressing the foods/drinks that cause you the most issues. And You're doing great! Look at how many days you've successfully completed your challenges! You rock, my sista! As for fat women being rare...I work for a major department store chain. and 90% of the women in this building look like they could be modeling for our commercials or printed advertisements. Believe me, I weigh approx. 90 lbs more than most of the women in the building and I'm at least 5" or 6" shorter. So I think I have an idea of what you're going through. I just tell myself that since I'm in my mid-40s, I may never get down to 115 or 120 again...and that's okay. My doc said if I can get to 150, he'd be thrilled. So would I! My goal weight is around 130-135, but since I've never been at that weight and had muscles, I don't know if it's do-able. You said yourself you're very muscular...are you sure 125 is a reasonable weight for someone with your muscular build? To me, the number on the scale isn't as important as how I feel. In terms of how I look, I'd love to get rid of my marsupial pouch of a stomach...but that will come with time. Hang in there, girlfriend. You are doing great!! And you are right, taking care of our bodies is DEFINITELY worth it! BTW, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU for completing the

Divine - Congrats on the exercising! You rock!

Shad - Sounds like you're doing great!!

Miriam - Hope you're feeling better!

Saramommy - Congrats on completing all the challenges!!

As for me, we went to the State Fair on Saturday and I was able to walk around for hours with no back pain! And thanks to the weekly extra points, I didn't do too bad in terms of eating. Here are my results for the weekend:

Friday:
Journal and Stay within points - 3 pauses - Day 2 completed
Cardio (Gym or walk) at least 30 minutes - 3 pauses - Day 2 completed
Crunches (really engaging my abs and stabilizing my back) 25+ per day - 3 pauses - Day 2 completed
Planks (total of 2 minutes per day) - 3 pauses - Day 2 completed

Saturday:
Journal and Stay within points - 3 pauses - Day 3 completed
Cardio (Gym or walk) at least 30 minutes - 3 pauses - Day 3 completed
Crunches (really engaging my abs and stabilizing my back) 25+ per day - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 2 completed
Planks (total of 2 minutes per day) - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 2 completed

Sunday:
Journal and Stay within points - 3 pauses - Day 4 completed
Cardio (Gym or walk) at least 30 minutes - 3 pauses - Day 4 completed
Crunches (really engaging my abs and stabilizing my back) 25+ per day - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 3 completed
Planks (total of 2 minutes per day) - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 3 completed

Big hugs to all!

Last edited by diyana; 08-10-2009 at 10:31 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #266  
Never give up

Lightbulb perspective!

Wow, diyana, it's 5 a.m. over here and I'm trying to get a move on it to go out to my horse. I read your post and was truly moved. Thanks for the birthday wishes too! But, really, you made me realize that it is SO much a matter of perspective, isn't it?

!!! Oh, yikes, we just had another earthquake. That's the second in two days. So scary. And the center was near Tokyo and there's tidal wave warnings on the TV. I hate these things. So, so scary. I am shaking and it's not just from the jolt of caffeine I just gave myself. !!!

So, diyana, thanks so much. Your saying that having been through this ground before shows I can do it helps and I HAVE gotten rid of the worst foods, the booze and sugar. I was thinking of the beer and how many calories are in it and how much I can drink at a sitting. Every time I give it up I do lose weight. I don't eat that much and recently I find I'm not even that interested in eating. A lot of that, though, is because I don't have the work stress. Heck, I'm here at 5 a.m. singing along to Frank Sinatra "Come Fly With Me!" No, I don't usually listen to Sinatra, but early morning it's hard to listen to Marilyn Manson!

As for my weight, I have no idea what 125 would look like with muscle. I'm not too bent on the goal anyhow. I will know when I have the body I want and I can lose muscle too. As it stands, I really don't know how much of me is muscle and how much is bone and how much is fat. I do have big bones for my height. I must, if you go by my shoe, glove and hat size, huge for just over 5 feet!

And, I think you DO know how I feel being around tiny people all the time. It's such a downer at times. It just makes you feel like such an outsider, doesn't it? Well, if you can deal with it, so can I!

Anyhow, I better get a move on it. Thanks so, so much, diyana for your support and encouragement. It has turned my thinking around. You are doing great as well and I'm glad to hear that you were able to walk so much without pain.

Later!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #267  

Day 6 done

Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #268  
Creating a Healthier Me

Red - You're quite welcome! Weight loss and how you view yourself and your success/abilities is all about perspective. Glad to hear you are striving for feeling good and not necessarily a number on a scale that may or may not be healthy for your particular body. And yes, I definitely DO know what it's like to be around skinny people all the time. There are approx. 3000 people (at least) in my company. Figuring at least 50% are women, and 90% of those (at least) are tall and thin....being short and extremely obese around them is not easy. But I keep telling myself that every single day I have the opportunity to make choices that move me toward a healthy fit body. I hope there wasn't too much damage with the earthquake or tidal wave. Earthquakes definitely are scary. Having lived in CA for most of my life, the worst one I went through was the Loma Prieta (7.1 quake centered south of SF) in 1989. Here in WI, we just have tornados...and snow of course.

Shad - Good on ya'! You're doing great!

Yesterday, I went to the gym after work and did 45 minutes of cardio and 1/2 hour of strength training - it felt great!

Journal and Stay within points - 3 pauses - Day 5 completed
Cardio (Gym or walk) at least 30 minutes - 3 pauses - Day 5 completed
Crunches (really engaging my abs and stabilizing my back) 25+ per day - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 4 completed
Planks (total of 2 minutes per day) - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 4 completed

A big to everyone! Here's to a great and successful day for all of us!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #269  
Never give up

Thumbs up working it!

Well, there's not much action around here. I hope everyone is doing OK nonetheless and merely having, like I had recently, days where writing just doesn't do it.
I got to the gym yesterday again after riding and did a treadmill workout I found in a magazine. It made use of the incline, something I never touch. I always just set it at 0.5 and keep it there. This was going up to 5 yesterday and it was incredibly hard. I had to tone it down a bit. I really felt it in my lower back. I am coming to realize how truly out of shape I am, or rather, that there is so, so much more I can be doing. What ever made me think that I was in shape? No doubt it was the MEMORY of being in shape and somehow I confused the memory with reality.
It's too early to tell but my skin is definitely better. Hallelujah!!

Good foods challenge -- Day 15 completed 1 pause taken
No sugar! -- Day 13 completed 3 pauses taken
No alcohol (second round, first round completed with 1 pause) -- Day 2 completed 0 pauses taken
No smoking (2nd round) -- Day 1 completed 0 pauses taken
No smoking challenge complete!! I did take three pauses though.
Journal (2nd round) -- Day 4 completed
Caffeine Cut (Round 3!) -- Day 11 completed 0 pauses taken

Shad -- You're keeping right at it. Good for you!

diyana -- Now that I'm starting to see some progress in my body changing I feel a whole lot better. This morning I tried on some breeches that I could not get buttoned before. Now, I can button them, although they are painfully tight (the material has no stretch and so it really hurts) and there is absolutely no way I could wear them but, still, it is definite progress. I find that nonstretchy material is the absolute best for gauging progress. The stretchy stuff, though I love it, just has way too much leeway.
Yes, numbers are only an estimate. Everyone has a different density (and I've been told often that I'm pretty dense. ) When I like what I see and can wear the outfits that reflect my personality (tight black leather, spike heels, lace stockings, whip, spurs) then I will be happy. I think 125 isn't a bad weight that, but, yeah, it may be a bit low (she who hovers at 160 says).
Your workplace sounds like a psychological house of horrors for you. Great attitude you have. And you ARE making good choices and your weight IS coming down. What a powerhouse you are!!
Someone was asking me about tornadoes in the States yesterday. I said the central states (such as Kansas) get them. I never really thought of Wisconsin as a tornado state. Interesting.
Your workout sounds tough. Excellent, YOU!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #270  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Red- I'm checking in during the evening for a change. My workplace isn't too bad. I've gotten over the fact that all the women are twigs. I know I'll be fit someday - after all, I'm getting fitter every day! The company I work for, the team I work with and my boss are all really great! We're a pretty good group and have a lot of laughs amid the stress. It's so great to hear that you're seeing progress! Isn't it marvelous to be able to fit into smaller clothes (even if they are tight for now, they won't be for long!). Reading the type of clothes you like....I've never pictured you as a dense dominatrix! But if you are, more power to ya' woman! Rock on, sista! I'm most comfortable in jeans (or jean shorts) and t-shirts. My work dress code is business casual so I take that as Dockers and a casual style top. My motto is...I don't care if I work in retail and everyone else is wearing the latest fashion...I'm ALL about comfort. Wisconsin doesn't get nearly as many tornadoes as Kansas or Iowa or Nebraska.

I went to the gym after work...and now it's time to get in the shower and relax and watch TV.

Shad - are you done with the DIY Home Improvement projects? Or is it a never ending list?

Here's my results for today:
Journal and Stay within points - 3 pauses - Day 6 completed
Cardio (Gym or walk) at least 30 minutes - 3 pauses - Day 6 completed
Crunches (really engaging my abs and stabilizing my back) 25+ per day - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 5 completed
Planks (total of 2 minutes per day) - 1 pause taken - 2 pauses left - Day 5 completed

I'll probably still check in with y'all tomorrow morning. I hope everyone is doing great!

Hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 08-11-2009 at 08:26 PM.