Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #46  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile I have been on a walk

I didn't get a chance to get outside yesterday when it was so beautiful so today I decided as soon as I woke up to go for a walk. I took my Dane on a 45 min walk. It was a little breeze and there were clouds all of which is forecasting rain. I think this afternoon I will take the new puppy for a walk.

I don't think I am strong enough to take all three. If they went after something they saw I would be done for.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday and getting in there exercise.

LMB
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #47  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just to let you know that I will be missing for a couple of weeks . . . but i will be thinking of everybody . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #48  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hey everyone, what a nice weekend. I spent too much time in the car, driving to see my dad, going to my parents place to see to it and do some stuff with mum, taking her to see dad, back to her place and back home. I spread it over two days, so I could do some real work at mums place, and got all the laundry and vaccumming done, as well as freezing some healthy meals for her, and cleaning the bathroom.....
I'm paying my daughter to do extra housework at my place, so my own home gets cleaned too.
Fortunately did get out in the sun a bit, and walked the dog too.
It will be colder for a few days, but the warm will return at the end of the week.
I had a little binge last night (mostly alcohol, but ate way off plan too) after the difficult 2 days, so just hope to break even at the end of theweek.
Enjoy the new puppy 2b, what fun.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #49  
Madeleine

Hey everyone, where did you all go? Is it because its spring and we have gotten busy going outside, cleaning etc?
I have been way off plan, and have to get back to good habits, including coming to 3fc, which I wasn't doing for a bit.
drop a line
Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #50  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Wow ladies its been a while since posting here! Anyone else in S.Ont enjoy that wild 100km wind & thunderstorm yesterday? Blow our plans for a bbq away. We live on the 9th floor and saw neighbours chairs fly off the balcony, picnic tables roll into cars in the parking lot. FUN! ha NOT!
DH left the windows in the van open UGH! Fatmad everyday is a new one and you can start fresh. I know you can! I have my on and off days too! Exercise has slowed down here with the kids having chicken pox. Cant get out to the gym :-(

Hope you are all well and succeeding on plan! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Last edited by JuliaDH; 04-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #51  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Eastern Ontario. We had lots of wind and rain last night but it wasn't as bad as they got in Ottawa where there are trees down and power outages, I think. It feels like tornado weather although today is fairly cool at 8º this morning and not raining. It was great to sleep with the windows wide open last night but made for a chilly morning.

The forsythia and daffodils are in out full and the tulips are well budded. You can practically hear things growing. It's definitely Spring although the predicted 30º for tomorrow looks more like July. I guess we should just kick back and enjoy it. That temp should take care of the last few patches of snow on the north side of the cliff in my woods! Hepaticas and bloodroot are in bloom as are the spring beauties. I adore this time of year except for the darned no-see-ums.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #52  
Madeleine

Hey everyone. That windstorm left a tree on my neighbour's roof, but our place fared fine.
I have been going back to atkins, 2 days, now, because I just couldn't control carb/sweet cravings at all, and this usually helps.
Im not sure how long I will do the induction phase, but if I can keep it up for a week or so, I should be back on track. This is not an easy way to eat, but does seem really good for me. I wasn't eating as many veggies as I should have, and now am having far more. Much more energy.
So I will go out and walk the dog and otherwise enjoy the sunny day.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #53  
Madeleine

:Hello all you Canadian Chicks:
are you getting ready for the first long weekend of the summer? you know, the one where we usually have cold wet weather and no sun?
I usually try to work that weekend and take another time off for just that reason, but this year, I have a high school reunion that weekend.
yesterday I was feeling a bit down, I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to, and was embarrassed about my fatness.....
but then I went to see Dad and he is really getting so much better, finally out of ICU.
Then I took my daughter shopping for her spring and summer clothes, and we went to LULU Lemon, where the clothes are always so small, (they think fat people don't do yoga?) and I have only ever just barely squeezed into their largest sizes. Hayley thought I needed a new set of capris and a tank, and I have to get a size down! the clothes were too big.
So I had a nice boost.
have a great day, its sunny and fairly warm here!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #54  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! lovely day today. I was in the car for three+ hours yesterday driving to and from Ottawa and really enjoyed the trip. The fields are all green or brown velvet and the trees have that gauzy look. Coming soon - Apple Blossoms!

Seems strange to have the "May 24" long weekend on the 16th to 18th. They should have thought that one out better. I think a lot of folks are going to be surprised. I know our local greenhouse was as they asked me to work the weekend of the 24th! (I said no.)

Enjoy today which is shaping up as a good one.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #55  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default Exactly 17 yrs ago

On the long weekend is when I got married. It was a warm sunny weekend. I am hoping for the same this year b/c I am sending DH and son camping. Nothing says love like getting out of my hair for 3 days.

LMB
Old 05-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #56  
Madeleine

well 2b, you are getting down there! how nice. good for you.
I haven't lost for a while, and have been putting on some waterweight, feels like my period is coming. Even tho I know no matter how much I eat I cant put on 6 pounds in 3 days, (and I haven't been eating THAT bad) and I have a few other symptoms, so I expect its coming. Its tough when they get so irregular so its hard to tell when its coming, except thru the weight gain.
blah, what a drag.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #57  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default Menopause is a b***h

I realized I was suffering from Menopause systems a week ago. My periods seem to be coming closer together and they do show I was having a terrible blue moods. Sad, depressed and so on. I couldn't figure out why I was getting so blue until I was reading the syptoms of menopause. Mood swings and depression are a part of it not to mention weight gain. It means those of us over 40 need to work twice as hard.

LMB
Old 05-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #58  
Madeleine

2b, Sometimes when you are losing lots of fat, stored hormones may come into play and mess with periods too.
Might explain to close periods.
I have managed to get out walking most days, and doing other exercise when possible, but have been having riots of work, odd hours etc. (never know when the babies will come....) so I am a bit off with eating.
HOpe to get more normal again, had a little binge last night, so must go for a walk....
Happy mother's day everyone
Old 05-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #59  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Basically, I'm still MIA . . .

The two weeks in Ontario where extremely hectic and stressful. I probably should not have gone -- but, we don't always get to make the 'best for us' choices when family matters intervene.

The trip certainly did nothing to ease my ongoing medical situation which was finally diagnosed as Pneumonia. Since returning, I've had two rounds of two different antibiotics and still no relief in sight. I'm getting weaker and more pain ridden as each day goes by. Afraid I don't spend much time sitting upright let alone on the computer.

Back to the doctor on Tuesday, the 19th and will see what he thinks he'll try next. Personally, I think this must be a viral rather than a bacterial pneumonia so there may not be much to do for it except wait it out and keep the

Hope to check in again soon. Hope everyone has a great Victoria Day weekend.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #60  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Anyone up for a get Southern Ontario together? Some where central to those available. Looking at date option of Sat Jun 13. PM met if interested then we can pick a time and location.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote