3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

pacman12 06-14-2009 09:47 PM

"Slinkier" - I like it! Not much new here - have lost about 6lbs since my last weigh in, by being a bit more sensible. No soft drinks (or "pop" as they call it here!). They do have this nice fruity water that has no sodium and no calories that makes it easier to get my water in.

I did buy icecream today, but it is little icecream sandwiches called "Skinny cow" that are 150 cals each. Now as long as I don't eat 8 at once, I'll be right. Heh.

Had one prospective roommate come - almost 2 hours late for her appointment.. I almost didn't open the door. Why are people late when THEY picked the time!!?? And don't call or text? I just find that impossibly rude. Another girl is coming over tomorrow night, she's a teacher and sounds relatively normal, so let's hope.

Madison 06-14-2009 11:06 PM

OMG Von that is the perfect smiley!!! I am sure I looked like that when I saw the number come up . . . . funny thing is, when I hopped on the scales I heard a crack and my first thought was "I BROKE THE SCALES!!!!" but they just slipped on the tiles in the bathroom and I have lost the little thing on the back to keep the batteries in so the scales went blank as they fell out . . . oh boy.

augigi
ohhhhh are you an Aussie in the USA??? I tried to transplant myself to NYC last year with no luck darn it. Good luck with the flatmates! I am living on my own at the moment and I secretly wish I had done it years ago . . .

amouse 06-15-2009 02:58 AM

hey guys sorry i have been around much just dont seem to find any time. :( for anything.. my parents are complaining becuase they havnet seen me.. my hubby is complaining and so are my friends.. im always doing something ... lmao..

John spent 2 weeks at home .. and is now working in adelaide :) which is so fabulous.. i cant even tell you how happy i am.. for the 2 weeks he was home i was busy almost eveyday and he ended up grumpy at me becuase i didnt spent enough time with him.. but such is life.
Monday i clean the house tuesday i go do my laps then take johns nan shopping .Wednesday I do laundry then go to yoga . thursday aqua aerobics followed by work then. friday is playgroup. friday afternoon im usaully stuffed and spent the arvo doing very little and then the weekends i spend with hubby.. John is home every day at 4pm.. which is lovely..

My workouts atm are just the 3 times a week.. whicgh has meant my weigh loss has stopped atm.. but im hoping it will start going down again.. tom this week didnt help the scales.. it hasnt gone up but hasnt moved either.. but then im not behaving food wise 100% either.

Atm my focus on weightloss is on the bach burner for now im just settling back into family life and enjoying it a little too much.... lol but you know the honey moon will soon be over and il get my butt back into gear.

Nice to see a new face hiya danni. :)

Lindor #648 hey... at least your still trying :) lol i think i passed the 700 myself.. lol Im glad you like darwin :)

Kel get a pen and a book ,stand againest a doorframe make the book flat on the wall behind your head and mark the bottom mark it then measure then you will know how tall you are... lol

Ani back to work already... that holiday wasnt nearly long enough :)

oh last thing i just read you guys are on face book... me i love the place.. :) add me.. [email protected]

Madison 06-15-2009 03:01 AM

Amy I love your siggy and the quote about it not mattering how long until you get to your destination but what is important is just getting there!! Love that! :)

PerthChick 06-15-2009 04:03 AM

On my virtual walk across Australia I am about 120km west of Ceduna in South Australia - making good progress girls :). Another year and I should be in Sydney - although I'm thinking of 'heading north' when I get to Port Augusta and going right up through the centre of the country until I hit Darwin. Hmmm…

Lindor it's terrible that you're getting that kind of attention from dogs. Don't give up your walking - I think it's a great way to get exercise - but maybe see if you can change routes or something.

Danni at least you've had that OMG moment now - that will give you something to plan for, and you can make it a challenge to beat it next week.

Yay Gen - great to see you have a good result on the scales. You KNOW you can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Amy, good to hear from you. I've been wondering where you are - you sound busy.

Vonni when's your biopsy?

Kel how's your vegie garden?

Julia - are you actually getting into a relationship with this man? What's happening?

And Barb - what's going on? Are you eating more because you're grieving? Are you getting lots of support?

I've had a good day today - so far. Haven't drunk as much water as I would like, but I'm getting better and am mostly on track!

smylie 06-15-2009 05:37 AM

the only way is UP baby now for you and me now oooooo
the only way is UP
doh doh doh
the scales went UP today
but then i remember i ate a whole pizza on tuesday night
and then 3 other treats that i had already remembered and thought MAY mean i stayed the same

not to be
oh well

danni - you rock something you said has made me think NOW is the time so lets do it but it is on the page before and i cant remember what it was.....

vonni - i have a friend who's hubby is the same as matt, he buys her treats and gives her large portion sizes..... what if you told matt a little white lie about some of your test results saying you have to go on a SPECIAL diet for 3 months?? and then he cant sook about you rejecting him ruining your diet with kindness??
i'm going to facebook message you about a playdate... i'm bored

ani - my vege garden is rockin! i just happened to take photos today so i will upload them! not long and i will be eating lots of good stuff.... all that is ready really is capsicum, tomato and lettuce but VERY soon: snowpeas, normal peas, corn, broccoli, strawberries, zucchini and spinich!

smylie 06-15-2009 05:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danni (Post 2785490)
- but the thing that helped most was that I was consistent and didnt stop no matter what speed bumps I hit. This past year I have let anything and everything derail me. But, we do what we have to and then when we can we do better, so that is what I am hoping for . . . just to do better again :)

that is what you said that made me realise i think the same way....... right now i AM letting EVERYTHING distract me from my goal...... i am going to get consistent, i am a fatty - everyone can see it so nobody is going to stand in my way...

vonni - matt must love you just the way you are and wants to treat you - that is so so sweet!

smylie 06-15-2009 06:09 AM

too funny
i hate the uploading thingy on this site
lets try that again!

ok this site really sucks it wouldnt let me upload any of the ones i actually wanted to - so i will add a facebook link!

oh and gen - GOOOOOOOOOOOOD luck with the flatmate.... you would have thought if that other one actually wanted you to pick her/him they would have gotten to your place ontime to i dont know MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION some people crack me up!

smylie 06-15-2009 06:18 AM

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=652f594637

Lindor 06-15-2009 08:34 AM

Hey Kel? One more post and you'd have hit 600 posts!! :p

Ani...I look forward to seeing you when you march into Darwin!!

I can't change my round very easily...the round I am on is known for the dog problems. The only other round I'd prefer to do would be the one that includes my address and that is currently being done by a family of young children, I would never consider suggesting a swap with them to put those kids at risk. Any other round would involve having to use the car to get there, which I'd prefer not to do.

I am going to plod on with this round. Dog attacks aside, I do enjoy doing it and I know, if I gave myself they chance (ie. cut back on the food), I will feel the benefits from the exercise.

Gen, are you competing with Ani with the flatmate issues?? :p

Amy, 648 was just a guess...I'd say the real figure is give or take a couple of hundred!

I have a timer thing on my desktop and it says 'been dieting for...241 days and 14 hrs' I'm guessing I started that on one of my more serious attempts at starting over. A note next to it says 'SW 91.5kg'. So, my goal for now, is to get back to that 91.5kg before that timer displays 1 year!

Danni...I live on my own and have done for years...and wouldn't have it any other way!! I actually think it is an advantage to weight-loss if you can remain determined. I'd imagine it would be hard if you were made to watch others in a household eat what they want while you are trying to restrict yourself.

Vonni? Biopsy? I have missed something?

I cooked up another meal from mealopedia tonight...and enjoyed it. I have leftovers, so that has been packed up with a salad for lunch at work tomorrow!

It hasn't been a perfect day...but I haven't gone out of control with anything.

:)

LittleKiwi 06-15-2009 05:05 PM

Why is it that every time I start getting back on track I get sick? I'm getting a cold again and feel like crap so no gym for me at the moment :( Yesterday I was off work sick and managed to eat a big bag of potato chips and then had pizza for dinner. Not good.

Goal for now is to watch what I eat - if I'm not working out I should at least be careful about what goes into my mouth. I'm at work at the moment but will probably just do what I need to do and then go home. My head is pounding and my throat hurts.

And Ani, yeah I'm now officially in a relationship with The Boy and shock horror, I think I'm falling in love. He makes me so happy. He constantly tells me how beautiful he thinks I am, tells me that I have a gorgeous body etc. I suspect that he needs glasses if he thinks that but I never tell him that, I just let him tell me how he sees me and slowly but surely that's making me think that maybe I am beautiful. He makes me swoon! :love:

:twirly:

Madison 06-15-2009 07:47 PM

Ani - your walk around Australia sounds awesome!! If you swing past Sydney let me know and I will walk part of the way with you!! :D How's your day going today? After I read your post last night about drinking water I made sure I got some more in. And again this morn went and filled my water jug up so I am set for the day.

Lindor - my uncle does a catalogue drop off and he has lost a whole lot of weight AND kept it off. He loves doing the walking - I must ask him if there are any Kujo's on his route though!

Gen - sorry to hear you are not feeling well :( I feel like I was shaking off the flu for a few weeks - was so achey and lethargic. But yay for a new boy!! I love the start of a new romance *siiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhh*

So, I had a good result on the scales this morning. Down 1.3kg. I wish I had a can of "Fat-be-gone" so it could just go already, but I figure there is something I didnt learn "the last time" so I need to repeat this process until it sticks....

Kel - I wish I could see your garden! Facebook is blocked from work. And . . . we can TOTALLY do this and get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am done with wallowing in self pity and being so focussed on how much weight I have re-gained that I have lost the momentum to lose the weight I need to.

My only goal around weight loss is that I will weigh less at the end of each month until such time as I am proud of me and to be me again. No rush, but the scales have to go dowwwwwn (and Kel, I can inhale a whole pizza on my own, I often look at the box afterwards and think HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? But it is :D).

I was looking at some old pics the other night and I realised that the biggest difference apart from the size of my undies is that I am no longer proud to be me which makes me so angry bcos I know I should be more than what I weigh. Just 14 months ago I felt worthy and deserving of anything. Not bcos of the size of my pants, but bcos I felt like my true self . . . and that I was no longer hiding behind the fat. And I feel like here I have been doing a bloody good job of trying to hide behind my behind again!

Anyway, no point getting angry or upset, cos all that does is take the focus away from the job at hand.

Hi Vonni if you are around! :)

7senuf 06-16-2009 05:29 AM

Hi Guys. Sry havent been on. Just did 2 shifts in less thank 24 hours. And what busy action packed shifts they were lol.

Ani biopsy is on friday then i go to doctor 2 weeks after that for results.

Lindor its a long story - Way back in November i wasnt feeling 'right' my sugars were up sky high amongst other things. I took myself off to Dr (cause i higher risk for diabetes due to gestaional diabetes i have had). She did blood work and it came back ok but BAD cholesterol was high. I left it at that. But in Jan I went to Dr for pap smear and cause I hadn't seen her before (I didnt want to get done with Drs i worked with) she gave me a physical. And noticed I had a bit of a goiter. She checked thyroid results of bloods done in Nov and they were low. She packed me off for ultrasound which found nodules on left lower globe on thyroid. So because they were a cm in size I went for nuclear scan. Came back neither hot or cold but thyoid quite large. They suggested review May. So I recently had another scan done and nodules have doubled in size so going for a biopsy of them at the end of this week. If not cancerous they are investigating whether its Hasimotos. I am going to demand a referral to endocronologist when done.

Kel facebook me. when not working i'm bored to lol.

Gen I think same - are you and Ani having a comp?
Danni love the bold thing when acknowledging someone heehee. conrats on the loss
Julia WTG on the official boyfriend. As for feeling like crap are you sure you are not only eating less but eating MORE or ENOUGH vitamins?

Madison 06-16-2009 07:50 PM

Oh Von I hope all goes well with the biopsy! Gawwwwwd I work one "shift" at the office and its enough to drive me batty . . . if I had to be around these people any longer I would not be able to cope!!! LOL!

I had another good day and another sneaky look at the scales. I normally will not weight daily but thinking about the scales in the morn is the only thing that is keeping me out of the snacks at night.

Hope everyone is having a good day - its so brrrr here at the moment.

pacman12 06-16-2009 09:31 PM

Well I think Ani wins so far - I haven't had any nutbags, at least. Still haven't found anyone I want though - I'd rather live alone than with a PITA.