3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

smylie 06-01-2009 06:33 PM

yes friday is still on, bring the shake i will have it! hehehehe
i dont mind the taste or texture of the shakes at all, and i know sometimes it is more calories than what i could have for brekky but i also dont have will p ower so will find myself eating jem's left over brekky as well as my own or sometimes just keep eating the good thing i have chosen for brekky making it no longer a good thing... so until i get rid of this excess weight and start measuring out portion sizes i am sticking to the shakes for brekky definately!

i have liver ultrasound today at 1.30 so fasting until then and before that i have heaps of blood tests, one scaryish possibility the doc is testing for is hepatitis from my recent tattoo, so that is interesting, we are both not really worried about that though but just something else to rule out
my personal diagnosis is fatty fatty bom bah diesese
my body just can not handle how quickly i have put on weight and so is shutting down
yesterday i did awesome
walk in the morning - after massive fight with friend that could have been workout friend - you win some you lose some - then had shake for brekky andlunch and then a handful of sultanas for snack and then half a can of spaghetti shapes at 4.30pm with jemima (which reminds me must buy more) which i think was about 200ish calories so then i figure that was the same as a shake or a meal so i had my own vege concoction for dinner
i had cabbage, mushroom and zucchini microwaved in currypowder and soysauce which should be basically no calories and was kinda like a soup and i actually liked it so i have more of that for maybe lunch today or something

hoping for cross trainer this morning..... was so down yesterday about losing friend (or mainly not wanting situation to drag on so not being able to email her a list of things i wish i had said or elaborate more on things that were said) didnt get around to doing much in the afternoon.... i mopped the floor and so that is kinda like incidental exercise i guess...

everyone have a great great week

ani - how is your holiday going? you should see my garden (this is take 3 of vegepatch, take 2 was not that great didnt get much) so much is thriving due to the awesome weather we have been having the rain's real nutrients are really working! my corn plants look healthy, the lettuce is already usable, the broccoli looks happy and the strawberries are actually going to work this time!! i cant wait for the peas, snowpeas and zucchini too! the only thing missing is squash but i have to find buttonsquash as i planted normal squash last time and dont eat normal squash not that i dont like it i just like the button squash
also randomly planting pumpkin seeds around the yard so that will annoy benji when he is mowing, however as i am doing a heap more yard work it will be my problem too!!!

vonni i will facebook y ou about friday

pacman12 06-01-2009 08:39 PM

I actually took my lunch to work today, and just booked a nice stirfry for dinner and to take tomorrow for lunch.

Also went to the information session about weight loss surgery. Think I would only have the lapband, would not do the gastric bypass - too drastic, too permanent, irreversible. Got to call the woman tomorrow.

Got some new kitty babes.. they are gradually getting used to me and the place, they were pretty wild and scared at first.

LittleKiwi 06-02-2009 12:46 AM

Awww having kittens will be nice Gen. Hope they are good company for you.

I had hoped to start getting back on track today but so far, not so good. I did have breakfast but people had brought in lollies and cakes and I indulged in them throughout the day. Tonight I'm going to a seminar where dinner is provided so I'll be limited to choice there.

Realistically though, I need to start doing something. I feel really fat and I haven't felt this way in ages. The shirts of my work uniform are all really tight around my tummy and they keep riding up. Not a good look!

My goal for tonight is that I cook something when I get home to bring for my lunch tomorrow. Something healthy. And bring some fruit to snack on. Goal for tomorrow is to go to the gym. Even if I just do a 20 minute walk on the treadmill, it's better than nothing and knowing me, once I've started I'll be happy to carry on longer than that.

I also need to weigh myself and accept whatever horror story the scales tell me. Last time I weighed I was up to 88kg so I fully expect to be over that now.

Ani, I hope you're having a lovely relaxing time :D

:twirly:

LittleKiwi 06-02-2009 11:41 PM

Hellooo ooo oo o ... echo echo echo ...

Is anybody out there?

At the seminar I went to last night, I won a flight from Auckland to Kuala Lumpur and return!! :woohoo: My plan is to get my mum to come with me as she lived there over 35 years ago and hasn't been back for about 17 years. So I've got to get my savings hat on big time! I hope to go in October.

Didn't manage to make any lunch for today when I got home last night (too excited!) so I bought lunch today: teriyaki chicken rice bowl from the Japanese place in the mall.

Tonight for the first time in weeks I'm going to the gym. I've got the OK to leave work a bit early so I can get there in time to get a spin bike and do a class.

Tonight I will cook something for tomorrow's lunch and I will prepare breakfast for tomorrow.

smylie 06-03-2009 01:19 AM

wow - too much happening
julia - auckland to kuala lumpa too cool, is chicken teriyaki healthY? that sounds good.... hmmmmm
gen - lapband surgery, i think they make you lose weight before the surgery sometimes? benji's boss just got it done but was on wesley hospital shakes diet for at least 12months before that
me - ate 2 cheerios, some cheese and a tiny bit of chocolate to ruin the diet for a split second - going to a linen party tonight so hope the host doesnt serve stuff i usually cant resist - the cold weather does not make me want to eat salad (but i did and it was awesome at lunchtime)

LittleKiwi 06-03-2009 04:23 AM

No idea if it's healthy or not but it was yummy and better than a lot of other things I could have eaten.

Tonight I went to the gym and did a spin class. Damn hard work and I'm so pleased with myself for doing it. I bit the bullet and weighed myself and was very pleasantly surprised that I'm sitting at 88.3kg. That's about 2 or 3 kg less than what I had feared.

I cooked an awesome dinner of Israeli couscous, chicken and veggies and I have enough leftover to have for lunch tomorrow. I've prepared tomorrow's breakfast and am about to pack my gym bag so I'll be good to go.

pacman12 06-03-2009 06:04 AM

Over here, to get insurance to agree to pay for it, you have to do 6 months of "physician supervised diet" - the hospital actually has a lifestyle program where you go to weigh in monthly, and attend weekly classes with dieticians etc. If you gain even one pound during this diet, insurance can refuse to pay.

You can go see the doc and start getting the tests etc done after 3 months of the diet. They already know who is a good candidate, but you gotta jump thru the insurance company's hoops.

smylie 06-03-2009 05:12 PM

gen - is your ticker up to date? are you only 110.8? because that makes you only 6ish kg over what i am .. and i think you are the sameish height as me too, can you post a photo or message then i will give you email address etc etc

so far this week (i know i should not weigh in mid week but i am going to doctor who is going to tell me i need to lose weight - so i wanted to tell him how i was going on self motivated diet) 800grams down!!!! :carrot:

jemima is about to trash the study and i am SO not in the mood for that

7senuf 06-03-2009 05:55 PM

Wow Kel thats so cool.... 800gm. Julia I am envious. U can go see the oompa loompas in kuala lumpa :p
I am off to the Dr today for a follow up on my thyroid. Had follow up scans done on Tuesday and the sonographer said there are changes all through my thyroid suggestive of hashimotos or Graves.... now i KNOW it couldnt be graves cause thats hyperactive thyroid and I CERTAINLY dont have that lol. But all other symptoms do point to hashimotos except for the constipation. and my nodules have grown from .9mm to 1.5mm so I think I will DEMAND a biopsy just to be on the safe side.

Will let you all know how i go.

Ani Ani how is your garden? Have u been chilling out on yr time off? Hope so. U need a break. Maybe are you doing some writing while on break? Anyhow, hope u are doing SOMETHING u enjoy big hugs.

Gen lapband scary. They had something on Today Tonight here the other day about having medicare rebate for it to counteract the growing obesity rates in Oz and also they mentioned gym membership. Probably when it comes in have to meet certain criteria though like insurance over there.

LittleKiwi 06-03-2009 08:54 PM

Good luck with the doctor Vonni, I hope they can start getting the issue sorted for you.

I don't know that I'm going to get to the gym today, I've got so much other stuff to do!! Going to Stomp tonight and am really looking forward to that.

I've just gone through the collection of old gym programmes from over the last couple of years and have made up a brand new one based on bits and pieces of the old ones. I will start that next week and I'm looking forward to it.

pacman12 06-04-2009 12:01 AM

Nah Kel, haven't updated it, too depressing. I haven't weighed in for a while, but last time I was 255 lbs which is about 115kg. I am 167cm. Have never been this big in my life, and it's horrible, I just feel awful. I have tried on and off and been very strict with the diet at times, but it's not moving at the moment. I just can't do the exercise I used to do, with my stuffed achilles. I do want to get an elliptical machine for home - that doesn't seem to hurt too much.

7senuf 06-04-2009 05:52 PM

getting a fine needle aspirate done. not sure when cause they only do once a mth in this backward town lol. otherwise i travel an hour to have it done.

barbegirl71 06-04-2009 08:08 PM

I feel exactly the same as you Gen. Although I'm not at the heaviest I've ever been I'm really uncomfortable all of the time, and I have a heel spur which makes it difficult to do even the day to day things let alone go out and exercise. I'm up 100g this week, no big deal, will try harder next week.

7senuf 06-05-2009 01:51 AM

woo Kel and I met up in toowoomba today and had a healthy lunch...... so proud of us heeheee.

My appointment for FNA is the 19th of June. I'm scared.... a needle in the throat, just the thought of it makes me cringe lol.

barbegirl71 06-05-2009 10:31 PM

I would be scared too Vonni, but at least you'll know what going on after you have it done.