S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:14 AM   #17  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Well well well
And here I'm womdering why I'm not getting any updates form the reluctant exercisers group - as I have what to add

I have been trying to walk nearly every day - and my mom bought me JM 30 day shred - which I'm excited to start - but procrastinating fr the weirdest reason - I am going to the states next week, and I don't want to be sore on a 12 hour flight, hahahahaha

You look like you're doing great, Monte! How's the eating and weight going?
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #18  
Keep Chuggin'

Hey disruntled - you sound like you're doing FANTASTIC!!!!! I get awfully sore after doing lunges, for like - 3 days, lol.

I did my walk for today - woohoo....
Old 11-30-2008, 12:40 AM   #19  
Keep Chuggin'

Did my walk yesterday - an hour and a quarter!

And - I got a good number on the scale! Maybe tomorrow will give me even another good number - another half a pound and I'll be in the 130's!!!!

Last edited by miriam101; 11-30-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #20  

I'm back.....I don't get on the internet much at home, but I've really missed this site!!

It looks like I haven't posted in a while, so I'll do a quick recap. Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday I walked 3 miles, and did 75 situps & 35 pushups. Thursday, Friday & Saturday I walked 6 miles, plus did 75 situps & 35 pushups. Sunday I did the same as Wednesday. For this week I'm staying with 3 miles walked and 75 situps, but I'll be increasing my pushups to 40.

My eating has been good (except for Thurs, Fri & Sat of this week). I've not really lost any weight in the last few weeks (just 1/2 pound), but I think this next week is going to show a nice drop. I can just feel it! .3

Disgruntled - It sounds like you are doing great. I HATE lunges, and I absolutely refuse to do them.

Miriam - I'm glad you found us again!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #21  

Monday I walked 3 miles, did 40 pushups & 75 situps. Yesterday I walked 4 miles, did 40 pushups & 75 situps. I've been having a sharp pain in my lower abdomen when I do the pushups & situps and I finally figured out why. Apparently when I do the situps, I jerk myself up from that spot, and it is just getting really sore. Kind of makes me feel stupid, but I'm relieved that it is nothing serious.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #22  

Wow, this thread is busy! How can I keep up?

Okay, even though I haven't been posting, I have kept up with my exercise. Still haven't missed a day. I've been walking 3 miles a day, and now I'm up to 50 pushups and 100 situps. I just signed up for Jillian's website, so I'll be starting her exercise circuits Saturday. I plan to keep up with my walking, and definitely with the pushups & situps, so hopefully that will jumpstart back my weightloss.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #23  
Keep Chuggin'

WTG Monte - I did TONS of walking etc. while in the states - and since I've been back - laziness and jetlag have been hampering my exercise attempts...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 238/216/148

Height: 5'7"

Hi, all!

Like some of you have said, I love exercising when it's outdoors -- walking, carrying in wood at my folks (or my old place).... anything like that is a joy. I used to like to exercise and push myself, too. But since my two youngest ones were born -- and now they're elementary school age and I'm homeschooling -- it's hard work to even get a minimal amount of steps in during the day! Small house, sitting during school time, standing at the sink for dishes... same old story, you know? And now the added weight, tire quickly, etc.

So I'm going to start simple... I'm going to start by upping my activity/steps during the day. Once I've got a steady habit there, I'm going to add on something else.

I've put my mini-trampoline in my bedroom. It's a small room, so the m-t is usually on its side unless I'm using it. But the past couple days I've left it in place (except for night -- don't want to trip on it in the dark, LOL). Whenever I go into the room for anything during the day, I make myself get some extra steps in on the m-t before leaving the room.
bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #25  

Okay, so I've done two days of Jillian's circuit training. It is tough, but not too bad, and my quads are really sore today. Good thing it is a "rest" day! I'm still walking 3 miles and doing my pushups and situps, so it is really just a rest from Jillian!

I think I'm going to have a get a few more pieces of exercise equipment. I don't have room for a bench, so I was planning on getting a step, which can double as a bench for flies & stuff. I'm also going to get some resistance bands. I've now gotten to the point in my pushups where my wrists starting hurting before I'm wore out, so I'm going to try and find some kind of gloves/wrist bands to help with that. Does anyone know a good wrist strengthening exercise?

bluejay - Great start! Every added step is a major victory!!

Miriam - I hope you had a good visit. It must be great to be back home, even with the jetlag. Now you just have to kick yourself back in gear! Are you getting ready for the new challenge?
Old 12-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #26  
Keep Chuggin'

Hey Monte - I don't know any good exercises for anything, LOL
I went for a walk for 1 1/2 hours last night - with a backpack on - - thought I'd wake up awfully sore today - but no!! Just a tad - which means I'm in better shape than I thought! My weight has been so-so - I'm kinda stuck at 142.8, but I'm trying to keep focused. I had a fantabulous time in the USA - really.

Welcome Bluejay - good luck on upping the steps - you can do it! You've lost 20 lbs already - wowzers!!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #27  

I got some of those wrist wraps that you use when you have an injury, and it made a HUGE difference! Too bad I didn't think of it sooner.

I'm really looking forward to my looong weekend. Today is my last day for the week!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #28  
Keep Chuggin'

Hey Monte - Glad to hear about the wristbands - I'm sure they['ll have a positive impact on your exercise!

Have a great weekend - and happy holidays!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 238/216/148

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, everyone!

MonteCristo
- I found this on exercising wrists. Hope it helps!
http://www.wikihow.com/Strengthen-Your-Wrists
I also saw some discussion of this in racquet sport and golf discussion forums. Adding those terms to a wrist exercise google-search might be worth a try.

So.... my husband surprised me this week. In an absolutely-unlike-him day, he offered to rearrange the basement to make an exercise area for me, complete with a small TV in front of the treadmill. Was I in shock!! He absolutely hates, hates, hates it when I need his help to rearrange furniture..... and he never volunteers to do any of this stuff! And for him to suggest it and say "let's do it today" out of the blue like that.

So, do you think it's because I've been asking him to move my (heavy) treadmill upstairs to the bedroom so I can look out the window, watch TV, have easy access to it, etc? He r-e-a-l-l-y didn't want to help me carry it upstairs!

Last edited by bluejay; 12-26-2008 at 09:31 AM.
bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #30  

bluejay - Thanks for the exercise tips. That is really awesome that your husband would volunteer to help you out like that! Even if his motivation may not have been entirely selfless!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Hurray for the new year!!!