Old 12-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #121  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Just another fly-bye! Have walked this am, and shovelled snow...lots of cardio. Groomed one of my Mom's dogs...and am off to look for snow boots. Must work at 4:30....

We got 4 inches last night!

ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:27 AM   #122  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

We must be in the pre-holiday crunch! I hope all are well!

Last edited by ceara; 12-18-2008 at 09:33 AM.
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #123  
Empress/Queen

Diet Maiden Am be verrra well this sparklin' Arizona morn, Sword Bearer! Huzzah!

Nice to have the ability to once more access the palace as I just happened on a partial postie from the top o' the thread wherein this was called "our sacred journey," for me that is very true when it comes to weight loss/maintenance and fitness.

I intend to reach the destination, which is my goal o' the wild 125 (reached it once, gained 10 pounds seemingly overnight and have been hackin' away at that for a month or so).

This week is my big WINTER SOLSTICE weigh-in Sunday. We shall see. I hope to have lost something, anything, just a tad, a wee bit, but if not a loss, then hope to be visited by the Maintenance Angel!

I like her a lot, too!

Worked four hours this morning, as well as having done an hour of weights, so now must rest up for working tonight.

Joys of the season.

Fa la la!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #124  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Merry and bright!

Well, merrier and brighter! I pulled myself, kicking and screaming, onto the wagon yesterday and I've got the bumps, bruises and broken fingernails to prove it.

Ooooh, I had some BAD days. Stress, too much work, fatigue -- the usual suspects. And my drug of choice is always so readily available. Second day on plan down now and I'm getting into the new WW plan.

DH's birthay party went well although I wasn't as prepared as I intended. Everyone had a good time anyway.

Worked 11 hours today and, although things could have been better they could have been worse. I stayed in a pretty good mood all day, despite being chained to the computer. But -- it was a bright, sunny day and I should have gotten out for a walk. All day it was just one sprint to finish a task after another. But, happily, the bulk of my workload is finished for the week. On the bright side, I did walk to tai chi tonight, attended class and walked back again so exercise is not that bad for the day.

Anagram, good for you stepping out of your comfort zone to go to festival of carols! I always find things like that daunting too but I'm finding it easier to make myself do them as I get older and then it feels less daunting. It IS lovely when I can venture out into what would once have felt uncomfortable and feel (mostly) at ease. Got a giggle out of your whoosh fairy toilet.

Ceara, loved the sound of your rainy day! Other than the "going to work at four o'clock" thing, of course. Congrats to the champ!

WSW, every warmish day is a treat now, isn't it. I love being able to step out the door without putting on coat and boots, gloves, hat, scarf. We had one of those days this week.

Kat, I like your approach of only putting the special ornaments on the tree. I've got the decoration boxes in the dining room now and should really take them down to the cellar instead of just leaving them there until time to take the tree down. Which might have to be before New Years at the rate this baby's dropping needles.

Janga -- fill us in on your adventures while on walkabout when you get a chance?

Oh, mefinks it bes time for bed. Sweet dreams, lies!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #125  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Arabella! I know that drug of choice, which I tend to seek when in the field and on days when working from home. Have learned to go without for the most part, but t'is not always easy.

Ms. Diet Claus (aka Diet Wise Woman of whom Am has spoken before) is attendin' to the elves 'n the reindeer 'n last minute repairs on the toys for the good little diet girls 'n boys 'n t'is left to me, the Littlest Diet Elf in the place to mark off the days to the Solstice Weigh-In (a BIG holiday here in North Diet Pole) and remark that t'was the Night Before Today when we noticed we had finished the day with a cal count o' 1505 'n we also added 15 mins o' walkin' last night to our hour o' power (e.g., weights).

We at the Diet North Pole, those of us named Am/Janga, are VERY extra busy doin' extra Black Lagoon (work) stuff so will not be doin' internet playtime much although we may sneak in when the Overseer is not lookin' (there is no overseer, only invisible people at the other side of computers waiting for stuff to be done, actually, but we like gettin' paid so probably we should just do it, or not, ah, decisions, decisions).

Be that as it may, we have made a diet executive decision to maybe abstain from a workout today, not because of work but we think we may want to trick the bod into losing some weight (or maintaining) at the weigh-in on Sunday. So we'll just leave it up to fate if we want to take a walk/jog or do something else or do nothing or just be silent and soldier on.

Transmission ends, film at 11.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-19-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #126  

Gadzooks, the solstice is gaining on us! I have been being fairly "GOOD" this week and have ADDED pounds. Usually when I struggle back to wagon I lose some of the fluffies.

No, I am not hitting the candy that's "in the house", nor eating the cookies. I did make lo-fat bran muffins this morning and may indulge in that later or may just go to Mall and walk around and take in "spirit" though that's been pretty good this year.

I could have renewed by computer, ceara, had I not been too lazy to check due date. And still could have done so and paid up later but decided to just take everything back (won't read or listen much over next couple of weeks) and make an honest woman of myself. Fine was more expensive than I expected but it wasn't the money so much as I get terribly annoyed with Self when she doesn't stick to her accustomed habits - one of which is NOT to have "overdues" on anything.

Expecting a little snow tomorrow, I hear, after tons of rain - I'd have been snowed in until April if it had all been snow.

So will meander off now and see what else I can get into that won't cause me or the world harm.

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #127  
a work in progress...

Hallo there, busy queens! I'm popping in to say "hey," and must be moving on... It's funny how my mellow thoughts of, "Oh, I still have time..." have somehow, suddenly morphed into "Uh oh...not much time left!!!" I have a few things to be done, but I refuse to stress about what may not get done. I have turned the WW gears up a notch, and am being near-angelic with food choices. Even when I do indulge, it is carefully considered, and measured, and if I can't measure, I KNOW it is less than would normally cross these lips! No weigh in this week, as there was no meeting at work due to the holiday party! (at which I was VERY angelic!) I did attend a meeting elsewhere, but did not weigh in... I'll just hold off to regular time and place. I'm liking the new 'Momentum' they've got going... what say you Arabella, oh fellow WWer?

Gotta run...I'm wishing all a lovely weekend and a peaceful, thoughtful Solstice...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-20-2008 at 03:02 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #128  
wsw

hi dear royals! hope everyone is having a good weekend. had a busy week, and having to lay low a bit this weekend. have been op. thinking i may be on another plateau, but will hang on by dainty regal fingernail, if necessary, because i plan to break through this latest weight "set point." i am determined! well, take care, all.

Last edited by wsw; 12-20-2008 at 07:33 PM.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #129  
Empress/Queen

DEC 21 MANIFESTO:

This is the holiday (Solstice) that energizes me above all other days of the year, so despite not yet knowing what my weigh-in progress is (or is not, I'd be happy with a maintain) because I religiously adhere to the same weigh-in time of day and it is not yet that, I will survive and soldier on with this journey as it is important to me to live in the healthiest body I can manage, not to mention looking good in jeans as long as I live, which will be 120 or thereabouts because, pals, as a wise lady says a lot on another forum, life is good.

And it's what we have so let's live it well.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #130  

So glad to have your enthusiasm and determination back with us, Junga. And so proud of you, Kat & wsw, for your determination to get through this season in good shape.

Just a little bit of snow so far as befits the Solstice. Cooking ham & green beans and baked some sand tarts this a.m. Starting Tuesday, my house will have a swinging door but even with all the coming and goings, it looks like this will be another year when my kids won't hit at the same time. ;(

However, they will hit and I'll be w/the Princesses at their Chimney when the Fat Fellow arrives. I read today a nutritionist's explanation that Santa isn't really that heavy, that he wears lots of thermals to combat the cold. Other quotes - Santa shares the reindeer's carrots, he eats cookies ONLY on Christmas Eve as that day he expends so much energy and needs the energy, that Mrs. C. keeps him fed very nutritious food the rest of the year, that he's active and very fit for his age.

I'll worry about him a lot less this year

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #131  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile 'Tis the solstice and we turn again towards the light

I have to say my behavior has been spotty. A couple of stellar days, a non-stellar day, a stellar day, a couple of non-stellar... Hoping it all balances out. Better than all all the time, anyway.
I think we're beyond binges for the season, anyway, since I got through the two parties I was putting on. Nothing else will be so stressful and I DO still have time to do what I need to do yet so shall attempt to continue merry and bright.

I had too much wine at a neighbours' gathering last night but I almost entirely avoided the Christmas treat-y food. However, I ate three sesame bars before I went. I think that the issue was that I'd been ravenous before I ate lunch and then my body still thought it needed to keep packing it in.

Breaking news bulletin:

Sheesh! I was just about to tell you that I'd successfully managed to get through 4+ days with carrot cake and ice cream in the freezer without succumbing. Then I went into the kitchen for something and thought -- seriously -- Hey! There's carrot cake and ice cream in the freezer! And I was just about ready to avail myself of same. Temporary insanity, I swear. Then I thought about the weight thing: My weight will be UP tomorrow if I give in. If I don't get a grip my weight will be up at WI. So. I didn't. Stay tuned for updates.

Janga, is that your pic as your avatar? Truly, thou art fab!

WSW, didn't you just lose THREE pounds recently? Bet the fluffies are just waiting to fall off in another clump. Good for you staying OP -- huzzah!

Kat, I've got to say I feel that this isn't the time to introduce changes to the program. Haven't they ever heard of New Years? Just adding one more wrinkle to things right now is adding to my stress level which is making it harder to adhere. But I'm trying, and I do think it's going to work well once I get onto it.

for your good behaviour though!

Anagram, you don't deserve those pounds and so they must be gone from thee forthwith! Must say I feel like around here Self is just barely keeping it together. Lot of balls in the air this time of year and I feel like I'm dropping some. Just trying to keep the crucial ones up there.

Ceara, Kaylets, Andria How goes it in your wings of the Palace?

Cold but here. DH and I went for our long Sunday walk and I guess we'll be heading out soon to do some shopping. Then I'm looking forward to some leisurely wrapping, listening to Christmas music, maybe doing some laundry. I want to buy copies of "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol." Even though it may be evil to spend money on Self

K, Dahlinks, I must be scootling! Let's make the most of today.

Last edited by Arabella; 12-21-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #132  
Empress/Queen

Holey gadzooks, Robin, we've been visited by the maintenance angel again!

We'll get 'em next week, same bat time, same bat channel.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #133  
Empress/Queen

Anagram, thanks for the welcoming words and also the reassurance that Santa is ok as I do worry 'bout him sometimes.

Arabella, no, t'is just a random avatar I happened to find but it does look like me except for the hair color and length and I'm afraid that lass is a TAD bit younger, but I did pick it because I thought it looked like my body and also she is standing in a similar fashion to one of my favorite yoga poses (not classic yoga, but one recently made up by someone methinks, it is called "Morning Star" and I like it a lot, learned it in a class a few years back)

Wsw! Hi!

Yea to all, seems everyone is doing so well here as we soldier on through the holiday season.

Congrats, Arabella, for catching self re the carrot cake. I do that a lot as well, just drift into the kitchen and reach for something that I'd already decided I didn't need, that's why I mostly just junk anything that's not in the plan at the moment.

I do intend to lose a pound by the 28th and will let my goal stand as wanting to reach 125 (again), but that probably won't happen. Still and all, maintenance is good and I am happy with that, all things considered.

Must away to have my one day off.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-21-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #134  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm, I am testing something. Ignore me but hello all!
Old 12-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #135  
a work in progress...

Smile Merry Solstice!

Wishing all faire s a brightly burning Yule log, a starry night, a christmas carol serenade, peaceful thoughts, and everlasting joy!

Love to all!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote