Old 12-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #136  
wsw

a good evening to one and all! thinking of you. it is coooold here, and sitting at the computer, my frigid fingers are having a bit of a problem typing. so----- just popping in to say hope everyone is having a good holiday week thus far.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #137  

Greetings, Fair Royals -

Extending all sorts of Happy Wishes for all during the holiday season. I too have been successfully avoiding gift boxes of chocolates and candies in freezer and baked cookies, etc. However.......................ate out tonight with two sibs and their Prince Charmings and while I tried to fill up mostly on vegetables and eschewed a wide assortment of lovely looking breads, I still went way over the line as a whole.

And tomorrow, DS and his DW arrive and the whirlwind begins. But I'm looking forward to my best Christmas in years and can wish you all nothing less than that.

My palace attendance will be most erratic, I'm sure, but you will all be with me in thought while I try to at least keep GPS track of the wagon so I can attempt the occasional grab at it.

In the meantime, all sorts of the LOVE, JOY AND PEACE that I wish you at all times but most especially at this Special Time.

Last edited by anagram; 12-22-2008 at 11:34 PM.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:50 AM   #138  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Mornin' all....

Nice to see you all in the palace and doing well!

I've been quite busy shovelling and reading....there are a few new muscles in my back that I forgot I had!

The pre-Christmas rush is on...although I feel more prepared than I ususally do....I've actually wrapped a few things! Will finish this morning. That way I will be done!

Have a great day....the days are getting longer, by the bye!

ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #139  
Empress/Queen

Smile Good morrow, Royals!

So nice that the site o' the 3 Kindly Sisters here hath deigned to work so well for Janga so that she can now visit the Palace wherein of yore she under another guise used to dwelleth (or mayhap t'is a new program she hath recently put in, not sure, same computer, just works better on 3FC with the new account).

This be also a flybye as there be muchly to do here 'n apologies for a me-me postie but Diet Maiden Am 'n the Exercise Elves 'n Ms. Diet Claus are trying to work their royal muscles 'n then must away in the rain to the Black Lagoon (work area that I cover) 'n then have a day OFF (hopefully).

Janga be bloggin' her cals and exercise so shall spare ye details o' the food and workouts, but her NY's resolution is now in place, a simple one: BECOME MORE PHYSICALLY FIT!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #140  

Fly by - am heading out for a few last minute things - cash, gas, beer, etc. Nice and sunny , not as cold as yesterday. Eating sparsely so far today but won't be enough to atone for last night.

As said, well - for now - 'tis what it is and Christmas is to be a happy time, no matter what else is not as we'd like.

Whoosh, whoosh, and away - though 'tis me not the pounds!

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #141  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Fly-by

In case I don't get another chance:

May these days of celebration be Merry and Bright! Love to all!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #142  

Hello all,

How is everyone? Did I see a post by Janga?? wowee, how long have I been gone??

What a head cold I had! One eye-- so red puffy it was closed for nearly a whole day, remained puffy another....now I have a cold sore on my bottom lip that is making people say, "Ah.... does that hurt?".....
but am finally able to say
"I feel better!!"

So, my festivities had no time for "should I, shouldn't I?" First decision was final decision and so far, everyone who has already recvd their gifts by mail seems pleased.

I continue my new obsession in family genealogy and am thinking I really am getting good at it..... hmmmm..... you know what they say... It's fun till you get paid and then it's work.... but honestly, I really can see a path.... either in a library doing research, etc, etc.

as for food, I can truly say this.... For the first time in many, many years, I have eaten so much the past few days, I actually thought I had given myself a stomach ache..... Too much. Too much. Too much....

Dec 26 is the new Royal Resolution Day. And it will be a good thing!!

Here's to all! Here's the best Christmas yet! And the best coming New Year too!

I plan to keep popping in. I really like things better when I'm closer to the palace!!
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #143  
a work in progress...

Is it REALLY Christmas Eve? Well, I'd better get my festive wishes out to one and all before it's all over!

Have the merriest Christmas and the happiest New Year!

Peace, love, happiness and joy to all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-24-2008 at 04:26 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #144  
wsw

hi kaylets, janga, anagram, ceara, kat, andria, and arabella!!!! merry christmas to all! i hope it is an excellent one for everyone.

take care, lovely royals. much peace and joy to all.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #145  
Empress/Queen

Merry Christmas to all who dwelleth herein!

Kaylets, t'is wonderful to see thee again! Merry Christmas!

This is coincidental but I also have had a cold/sinus thing and one eye has been affected. This seems to be going around here in my area, but I also feel better, but still staying at home tonight and listening to music with the dog curled up by my side. I don't think she likes the music, though.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #146  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Fly-bye! Hope everone had a great Christmas Day! Ours was busy and full of food....what else is new?

Today...back to the routine....am off for a walk shortly.

ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #147  
a work in progress...

Default Happy Boxing Day!

I had to go to wikipedia to look up "Boxing Day." I had always associated it with the day after Christmas shopping for bargains... I did not realize that it started out as a day for giving to the less fortunate. Although, when you think if it this year, what with our sketchy economy, merchants can probably also be considered the 'less fortunate!'

Christmas was lovely and quiet, very low key. We opened presents Christmas Eve, since dh and dd had to work Christmas Day. I baked a ham and had with it a lovely assortment of veggies; mashed cauliflower (in lieu of potatoes ) roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, spaghetti squash. Nobody seemed to mind the lack of starches! Dessert was an apple crisp, made w/Splenda and topped with FF Cool Whip! I am DETERMINED to get through the rest of this year without gaining!

I'm at work today... taking my lunch break now after a brisk 15 minute walk. It felt great to get out in the cold, fresh air and move my chubby little legs! I am hereby declaring this to be a new healthy habit, (weather permitting) for 2009. I have a friend here, with whom I love to have lunch with, but she is not into the lunchtime walk at all, and I've kind of fallen into that pattern too, thinking "Oh, I'll get to it later..." We all know about later, don't we? How it sometimes never comes? Yeah, that later! Anyway, from this day forward, she can join me if she likes, or not join me, but the walk is going to be non-negotiable.

Allright, back to work for me... I'll pop in tonight, or sometime over the weekend. Lovely that it's a Friday... it sure felt like a Monday this morning!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-26-2008 at 02:30 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #148  
Empress/Queen

Your menu sounds delicious, Katrinabgood!

Happy Boxing Day to all. I am officially shopping and not eating a lot (don't have an appetite, oddly) for a few days, no work except one short trip today.

Wazzooo!

I am looking forward to just getting on with life in 2009, just another little bit of merry making to go through!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #149  

Hello all!

Yes, looking forward to bringing in the new and being removed from some of the old!~

Oh man, please don't ask me what I've been eating!!! I think today might be a good FRESH START. So far, I am on a perfect start so, hey, LET"S DO THIS THING!!!!!!!!

So glad to see so many posts from so many !!

I admit I don't know anything about Boxing day either....

So....

HERE WE GO FRESH START, HERE WE GO!!!!

Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #150  
Empress/Queen

Happy Almost New Year's to all the Royals who dwelleth herein.

And yea, Kaylets, time for a fresh start and fresh air, at least in my personal palace, which I am trying to declutter for New Year's or thereafter.

Lost a pound of the regain weight 10 that I've been working on getting off since November, three more pounds to back to goal!

Huzzah! I am starting my Project Janus Initiative, five weeks of focusing heavily on fitness and weight loss whilst trying to live the rest of my life as well and get through some patches of things!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday week! See ya!