Old 11-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #46  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile top of the morning!

Linda -- Hello and thank you for posting on the other thread and for your sweet words here. The other thread was quiet for a long time and now it is really hopping again. Well, not like old days maybe but I could never handle it if it were. I don't have any idea what inspires people to come in and take part. We have had so many people come and go, I no longer let it bother me when someone joins up all fired up and then we never hear from them again. I know it's just the way things are. They were many times I just had to take a break and people kept things going without me. Anyhow, it's 6 a.m. and I'm trying to wake up, though this is a "late day." Want (well, "want" may not be quite the word here.) to get to the gym before work today. Mornings are very hard for me. Sigh. Ok, enough of me.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a health scare and that you had to go through an MRI. I pray that you are OK and that the lump is benign and even if it isn't that all will go well. Really, it's an experience I wish no one had to go through. You sound so strong. My strength to you as well.

I am glad too to hear that things look quiet and well on the home front. I remember when they weren't so.

Don't worry about a little sandwich/ You are doing so much and I see your weight is low! Good for you. I think we're neck and neck! By the way, I love your cool little weather ticker. I tried to find it and when I saved it I see it's a Plaistow thing. Do they have something like that for Tokyo? I can see what time it is there, though it's not 24-hour, but I know you're all no doubt in the homestretch at work now while I'm just getting ready to go into the gate.
Take care and I DO mean that.

To all the others, I will try to get to know you as I go along. Best of luck in all your endeavors!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #47  

Red, wish I could help you with the weather ticker thing, another one of those people that has "come and gone" here send me some kind of link, a long time ago, that I could use to get that on my signature. It remains, but she did not remain, sadly.
Good news, Great news! The MRI was clean! I dodged the bullet! So, time to get to work.
Clean eating for me, trying so hard to stay away from junk food. I'm also almost completely caffeine free and my doctor has made it clear the caffeine = breast cysts and by staying away from it, I has less odds of having any more lumps that put such a scare in a person. That is not saying that I couldn't develop something other than a cyst, so must keep up those self exams, mammograms and whatever else is necessary.
But, today, I feel great that all is well.
So, we can make plans. We're actually looking at two houses tomorrow. We might move. I'm excited. We'll see where this takes us, but a clean bill of health certainly gives motivation to take on the world!
So, off I go to a very healthy breakfast and on with my day.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #48  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Oh, Linda, that is wonderful, wonderful news! I am so happy for you and you must be utterly relieved. Thank you for posting the good news!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Happy Monday!!
Linda~ Glad you're doin' good,that's great news!!! I drink ALOT of caffeine...I probably should cut down....
Well,I was in the middle of posting Thursday and my niece dropped in on me and then Friday,I never could find the time,then we left and didn't get back home till last night...I did pretty good in Pigeon Forge this time.....I had money left when I came back home this time!!LOL I did get myself a fossil wallet that is AWESOME!!! and a Gap sweatshirt for myself and one for DD,they were buy one get one free,which one was 19.99 then these ladies that DH helped out(he reached some shirts they couldn't) gave him a coupon for 30 % off our purchase so that was also AWESOME!! Then I found out yesterday that they thought my man was sexy!!!lol!!! DD told me this!! I got a kick out of it and so did DH...but I think his mom got the biggest kick out of it!! It was funny!! so we're back in good ol' Somerset in one piece..but I'm sad today because DH had to leave for Michigan this morning...I hate being @ home by myself....I'm really the biggest chicken in the world!!LOL
but anyway...I didn't weigh Friday,because I forgot,because I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!!! I really don't think I lost anything anyway...I wasn't the best last week!!....So I guess I'll go..DS is up and into everything!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #50  
Donna

Linda,

Glad your scare was negative That's great news.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #51  

Linda: I am so glad everything worked out and that the lump was fine.

Sorry I have been MIA, I was really trying to focus on completing my half marathon and I did it. It was a wondeful experince and as weary as I was, I am so glad I did it. Of course I have suffered aches and pains from it and I am trying to recuperate before I get back to the gym. Oh, I am so itching to get back to the gym just becuase it seems to help me control my weight. So for right now I am going to have to be very careful about what I am eating.

I hope everyone is doing well.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:54 AM   #52  

Tech! So good to hear from you. Are you OK? How is your husband doing? We've missed you! Do bring us up to date on how things are going.
Trysh, I know how busy it can be at times. I've been going nuts trying to get our house in order. I hope to sell it soon and my goodness what a ton of work it is.
Haylo, congrats on running that half marathon! I'm proud of you. I hope you can get back to the gym really soon.
I am not proud to say that I dropped my gym membership a few months ago. I just wasn't into it. I have been getting enough exercise cleaning and reorganizing this house, but want to get back into using my treadmill as well.
How is everyone planning for Thanksgiving?
I'm not going to try (have to be honest with you guys) to do anything in terms of weight loss for just that one day. But, the rest of the week is time to think differently and work.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #53  

Happy Friday!!
Linda~ So you're moving? forgive me if I missed or forgot that post...but..you would happen to be moving to somerset kentucky would ya???LOL!!!! just kiddin' I want to sell our house too because I would like to have a basement to put my upholstery shop in...so I wouldn't have to go to MIL's,I really just assume to build a basement in our lot next door than move our house over on it!!LOL I love my house,I just wish it had a basement...so much more space to put your junk!!!LOL Anyway
How's everybody's weightloss? mine? no clue,TOM is here and I just didn't even bother but next week looks a little brighter even though it's Thanksgiving!!..I have a plan though!!lol
Well I gotta check my emails...I'll gab later!! Have a great weekend ya'll...
Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #54  
barb

Height: 5'7

hello everyone. Wow what a busy time. I am so glad for you Linda on the news.

We just got back from Florida and than this weekend went to Mi. We Are not going any where for Thanks giving. I am so sick of traveling.

Disney was the best vacation we have taken thus far in life. The kids enjoyed it so much. As I am typing this I am sad because it just was really good family time. We went to the parks but also relaxed by the pool and even went out to the ocean. What a ball. Now it is back to the daily rushing and running around. Yuck.

Went xmas shopping today and I think I am almost finished. Yippee. This week I want to clean up this place have my ds clean up closets and basement and get ready for the new stuff. Than I want to wrap and be finished. I say all this but I can only hope that we will accomplish all this. We are having turkey dinner here all by ourselves. Yeah I am so happy just a quit evening with the 4 of us. W e will play games and watch movies. Looking forward to it.

As far as the diet.......WHAT DIET that is why I came crawling back....yes my head is hung low but I am going to try very hard. I just feel gross, large and yucky!!!! So I need to readjust the attitude and I know I need to come back. I think my time may be slowing down so hopefully I can concentrate on me.

Hello to everyone, I will check in again later. BArb
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #55  

Hello everyone,

DJmommy: funny you say you are tired of traveling and I am itching to go somewhere. I am glad you had a nice time with your family.

Thanksgiving, is going to be a hectic on for me and my family we have season tickets the the Texas Longhorn football games and this year there is a game on Thanksgiving, they usually have it the day after but I guess they decided to get back to the old tradition of playing on of our biggest rivals on Thanksgiving. Anyways it should be fun.

Diet, well I have been tyring to watch what I am eating but it has been hard, I have been able to get back to the gym my the intensity of my workouts is just not there yet. My mind says one thing and my body says "wait I am still recoperating"

Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving
Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #56  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great turkey day. Well we are back into the regular routine. I still was unable to workout so that is my plan this week .. Maybe on Wed I can go after work. Than I need to plan my menus. Oh well I shall get there. I need to get to that point in my brain. We have a hectic schedule again this week. I still hate working but I have to say the money is nice but I do not get the things done that I need too. And I can not fit the exercise in either. I just got over a terrible cold so that knocked me out for a week and a half. That is why I still did not go today. I was actually feeling human and did not want to go to the gym and get sick again. So by Wed I should be 100%
One thing I was able to do over break was wrap some gifts. I am almost done and could be finished at this point. I wanted to pick up some jerseys but honestly these boys have enough gifts that these could wait until bday gifts. I am really trying to cut back. I will see if I can!!!

Better go need to get them started on getting ready for bed. Wish me luck on tom. I need to get a good day so I can focus agin. See yah Barb
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #57  

hi girls!!!!! hope Thanksgiving was awesome for everybody...mine was pretty good..and I'm still trying to get back on track!!lol!
Anyway....just thought I'd stop in and say hi and touch base...just wanted everybody to know I was thinking about them!!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #58  

Hello everyone,

For the most part I don't think my eating has been to bad, but the level of excercise I was doing has definatly decreased, and I know I really need to incorporate strength training it is just so boaring.......
Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #59  

Hi everybody and Happy Hump Day!!!! I haven't been here for awhile and from the looks of it neither has anybody else!!lol!! well that's expected,I bet after January 1st this place will be so busy I won't be able to get in!!Anyway I was just checking on all the girls...and to let ya'll know I'm up 4 lbs so I'm needing ya'll really bad...I'm trying ton get that off,but I'm positive and trying to stay under 200 so I can start the new year under 200,because I've not been able to do that in the past years so that's an accomplishment and milestone in it's self for me...so just wanted to let you guys know I'm ready to do this 1/1/2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anybody else ready for another fresh start and fresh new year????
Old 12-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #60  

TGIF!!!!!!!!! Well thankfully,I'm back down to 194,
I guess ya'll are busy shopping...I finally got mine done Wednesday for DH....then he came into the bedroom and told me he hoped I didn't spend alot of money on him.........how can you NOT possibly do that? unless you just go buy 1 gift or something....and with the prices on things now,it's just rediculous....so anyway....I am guessing he didn't spend as much on me which doesn't matter it just goes to show ya that men's gifts are way more expensive than women's gifts unless of course he is buying jewelry!!LOL and I KNOW that didn't happen,because he can't pick anything out for me without spoiling the surprise and running it by me first!!lol so,yea I know I'm not getting anything like that......I know levi's is one b/c he had to call and ask me what size I was wearing now,which is still the same,a 20... and then he had to call me on some shoes I had hinted to him about!! God love him he's just ......a man!!!So anyway.....I'd like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas if I don't come back before then and be safe and always watch the other feller if you're going to be traveling!! And I hope brings you and your families everything you asked for!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!! &