Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #46  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I am sure that the good Lord and His angels were looking after my DIL and the baby. She wasn't feeling very lucky after the accident, but now she sees just how fortunate she really was!

I got some GREAT news in the mail today... I got a letter from my doctor with the results from my blood work back and I dropped my total cholesterol 54 points from 258 to 204 with diet and exercise alone! My HDL (good cholesterol) is 49 (normal 30-100), LDL (bad cholesterol) is 124 (normal >130) and triglycerides are now 153 that number was 236! (normal >150). He said that overall my cholesterol panel was excellent! Everything else was within normal range and even my liver studies were "essentially normal". I am SO excited! Everyone had told me that it was pretty pointless to even try to manage it with diet and that it was probably just hereditary and I would need medication. I guess I proved them wrong didn't I?

Last edited by SuzyMc; 09-27-2008 at 02:41 PM.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #47  
Losing it!

GREAT NEWS SUZY! I bet you are on cloud nine!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #48  
Losing it...again!

I think I'm on cloud 10 or 11! I thought because the weight wasn't coming off that there wouldn't be much of a difference in my blood work either and I was honestly considering just giving up, but now I can really see that the diet DOES make a difference even if it doesn't show in the scales!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #49  
Losing it!

just read where almonds help with cholesterol levels.

I am loving the Blue diamond whole natural 100 snack bags. I'm sure I'm paying twice as much as I would if I purchased/divided on my own but I know how I am about portion control. I can have a packet with a bottle of water and it takes the edge off my hunger and carries me through until mealtime.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #50  
Losing it!

Pulling us up. Off to work I go!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #51  
Losing it...again!

I hope you have a good day at work today Gayle!

It was a busy weekend here. Travis and DIL will be here Friday night and will be staying a week, so I've been trying to get the house cleaned well and a few things done up, so we can just have fun while they are here. What did everyone else do over the weekend?
Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #52  

Suzy congratulations on saving your life. You did an awesome job getting your numbers down. Your famiy will thank you for it by the extra days you will get to spend with them. Honestly Suzy it is the best thing you could have done for yourself.
How is your daughter in law feeling this week? The good Lord was watching over her.
Enjoy your time with Travis.

Gayle I am glad that you are watching your portion control. I buy small size snacks too.

Today I woke up by the alarm so that I could be on time for the Y. Got up and did my usual things, and with every intention I had planned on going to the Y I changed my mind at the last minute. I really didn't want to go. I was sore and tired so I went back to bed after being up for an hour. My excuse was that if I wanted to see my doctor today I had to phone at 9:00 so they could squeeze me in. It could have been any day so today sounded like a good day to me.

We had a wonderful visit with the kids yesterday. Jay and Ash invited us down for dinner. They bbq duck. Wow was it ever good. It sure is nice to get together with the kids and this time I didn't have to do the cooking.

I am disappointed with my results so far from my back procedure. There were a few days where my back seemed almost no pain and now it is back to where I started. I am trying to decreese some of my meds so maybe that has ill affect. We will see what the doc says today.

I haope that you all have an awesome day.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #53  
Losing it!

I hope the doc visit went well today Dee! We have four little quackers in our back field/yard. Your welcome to come get them, other than you can't tell Allie they are going to be basking on a grill! LOL! They follow us around when we're outside. I'm sure they will probably die of old age around here. I couldn't kill anything.

Home early from work today! Between my interrupting bingo, visits, errands and the like, my business went out the window today! BUT, the next day I'm there, EVERYONE will want in RIGHT THEN! LOL!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #54  

Suzy-That is wonderful news about your bloodwork. I have mine Thursday, but I am already on medication for choleterol. I only hope the results are good enough to keep me on the Crestor. I switched to it from Vytorin because of the price. The charge is $40. for Vytorin, and only $25 for Crestor. She wouldn't let me get the simvistatin (sp?) that is free to me. It didn't work well for me.

Dee-I am so sorry you are still hurting. You have had such a hard time ever since your back started having problems. Maybe it will take awhile to take affect.

Gayle-How's the hairstyling going?
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #55  
Losing it!

Shelley, my mom went from a full pill EVERY night to 1/2 pill every other day. Hopefully you will have great results like Suzy did when you make your visit. My mom is on the Simvistatin, which if I remember correctly, I think it is the generic Zocor? I can't keep track of ALL her meds! LOL! What is really fun is when she drops her week supply and then calls me to come pickup and reorganize.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #56  
Losing it...again!

I hope your blood work goes well Shelley! I was doing just about anything not to have to take cholesterol medication. My liver studies aren't quite normal, so I really don't want to take anything that might compromise my liver.

I'm having a busy week here getting ready for company and trying to finish a baby quilt for the new baby before the shower on Saturday. I know I won't get the whole quilt done by then, but I am hoping to have the top completed so I can at least show that much.

How are you feeling now Dee? How did the doctor's visit go? I'm sorry that you didn't get the results that you had hoped for.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #57  
Losing it!

Sending the quilting fairy your way Suzy! I bet the top will be BEAUTIFUL as is all of your work!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #58  

Just stopping in for a quick "HELLO" I am off to the Y.

I will check in later.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #59  

Suzy when you are done the top of the quilt send us a picture. I would love to see it.

Gayle I would gladly come to your place but not for your live ducks but just to visit with you.

Shelley good luck tomorrow. I hope that you can go on the cheaper meds.

Janice where are you this week. Are you sticking to your 21 day habit? How about the rest of you gals......are you sticking to it. I am still journaling and keeping everything in check.

Cheryl how you doing? Are you having a busy week?

The doctors visit was at my GP. He is so good. He made me seem some things I hadn't realized. I am still in pain and gone back to taking the same meds as before the back procedure.

Oh well I am able to walk and that is exactly what I am going to do now. It is a beautiful sunny day out so I am going out to check it out.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #60  
Losing it...again!

I know you all are prayer warriors...we need some prayers here please. The doctor's office called here this morning and Tim's blood work came back bad (hematology reports are all very low which indicates bleeding) and they want to see him ASAP. He has an appointment for 11:45 tomorrow to get the results and I expect that they will order more tests. Please keep him in your prayers!

If you want to see photo's of the quilt you can see the work in progress on my blog. I know they don't like you to post links at 3FC, so if anyone needs the link just send me an email or PM and I'll be happy to give it to you!

Dee, I think you have the right attitude...focus on what you are able to do and not on what you can't do.