Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #16  

Ellis, I'm not trying to start anything, but your remark could be construed as a little harsh for an open forum.

I don't think Shelley was trying to insult you or the site in any way, I believe she really was just saying she was frustrated. Her remark wasn't directed at you as a moderator.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #17  
it's always something

Shelly, click 'thread tools' at the top of this thread and subscribe to it. Then whenever you log onto 3FC, you can go to your UserCP and you'll see the direct link to this thread. Then you can unsubscribe when they start a new one, and subscribe to that one. Hopefully that will make it quicker for you
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #18  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Suzanne, that method works fine until a new thread is started and then you are lost again. If you notice, we just started a new thread, so that is most likely how Shelley got lost.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Ellis, I'm not trying to start anything, but your remark could be construed as a little harsh for an open forum.

I don't think Shelley was trying to insult you or the site in any way, I believe she really was just saying she was frustrated. Her remark wasn't directed at you as a moderator.
You're right. I'm feeling very emotional, and I did take it personally. I do apologize to all concerned. I admit to being very frustrated myself. There have been many posts... and I mean many, not just a few... criticizing the recent changes in Support Groups, and I've personally received some harsh and unwarranted criticism.

I may have become too sensitive to the complaints, and I intend to pass on the moderating of this forum to someone with a thicker skin than my own.

I would like to reiterate my earlier advice. This is a very large forum to moderate, and we're not always able to read each and every post. If you have any concerns or questions about the forum, we do want to hear from you. A PM to any of the moderators or a query posted in the "Questions" sticky here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144294 would be very much appreciated.

Again, I apologize for my abruptness.

Thanks, Suzanne.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #20  

Hey ladies

Just popping in.

Yes Shelley I still do water aquasize. It depends on the instructor if it is a chalenge or not. I tend to take it as a no to low impact break for my body. I wouldn't just do that, it isn't enough.

I am so excited. Tonight we are going to see Elton John. What an all time star. Then after breakie on saturday we are going to take the T@bin out to the lake. It is warmer than usual so we might as well take advantage of it. I am not sure is we will get another chance before the snow flies.

Have a good one everyone.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #21  

Wow, Elton John! I'd've loved to have seen him "back in the day." I'm trying to talk Stewart into going to see The Eagles with me.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:48 AM   #22  

Goodness, I didn't mean to start anything. I do click on support groups, but when I got to the 2nd page, I still could not find it without the link. I am sorry if anyone misunderstood my frustration. Thank you Suzanne for clarifying and Ellis for the link. I have been on this board for 8 years and certainly wasn't trying to be mean.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #23  
Losing it!

{{{HUGS}}} Shelley! We know and that is why we tried to explain the situation. I hope you are able to navigate around here better now.
Are you still riding the bike? I am going to go by me a cruiser today. Nothing fancy, no gears, nothing. I think they are so vintage looking plus I like riding a bike like I did when I was a kid before 5 speeds, 10 speeds etc. NOW, to find an area without dogs which is basically impossible around here!

my cousin & aunt are coming for a visit today. My aunt & mom will visit while my cousin & I work on a scrapbook and have a bi#%$ session. We haven't been able to get together in ages, so it should be a fun day.

Day 10 wine free!!!!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #24  

Gayle congratulations on 10 days of no wine! Have fun scrap booking.
Last one I did was for Baba.

Shelley {{{HUGS}}}

Cheyel the Eagles is an awesome concert. We seen them way back when. The concert was fabulous. I loved it.

I am off for the weekend. You girls better behave and stay out of trouble!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #25  

Cheryl-The Eagles would be awesome to see.

Dee-Did you get any pictures of Elton John?

Gayle-I do still ride. I went 25 last Sunday. I have been riding and running less outside since I joined the gym. I am now taking spinning classes and they are fantastic. I use my biking shoes on the spin bike, so I am locked in. Today's workout was really good.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #26  
Losing it...again!

It sounds like everyone has a fun weekend planned! I taught a kids quilting class this morning and this afternoon I back working at the fall house cleaning. I just have a week to finish up and then we will have company for most of October! Travis and Noell will be here the first week and Tim's brother and sister-in-law will be here the first part of the month too. My mom's half sister, her daughters and a granddaughter will be staying with her the first two weeks and then my brother gets here on the 20th for a week! October is going to be a very busy month here!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #27  
Janice

Good Morning gals,
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We worked around the yard, went to a classic car show. I feed all the animals in the yard. I have two chipmunks, lots of doves, rabbits, loads of squirrels, but now I have a large rat. I bought a live trap but whoever went in also got out. Must be the holes are too big. I am going to try wrapping it in screen and hopefully that will work. I won't kill anything - just don't have it in me.
I have been drinking my water and walking, doing not too bad on eating but need to do better.
Have a happy day,
Janice

Last edited by coles; 09-22-2008 at 06:50 AM.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #28  
Losing it...again!

I'm the same way Janice! A couple of years ago a family of chipmunks decided that our basement would make a nice home, so I bought a have-a-heart trap and relocated them to a near by park. I took a lot of grief from family members about it, but I just couldn't kill them!

I spent the weekend cleaning and things are really looking good around here. Closets, drawers, cupboards...everything is just about spotless!

I am down a pound this week, so the 21DC must be helping! How is everyone else doing?
Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #29  

Suzy I have been faithful with my journaling minus the weekend but I kept track of the points in my head. I am doing great. It keeps me on track.
Good for you for the pound down. Everyone of those pounds adds up.
Wow that is a lot of company. Do you have a plan made as to how you are going to keep a handle on your eatting? That is tough when you are feeding folks that aren't on a diet. Portion control will be important.

Gayle how did you enjoy scrapbooking? What kind of pictures were you doing?
We found three caches this weekend. One was in a beautiful wooded area on top of a large rock that you had to climb. It was my favorite cache so far.

Shelley I haven't taken a spin class yet. The Y ony offers them in the evening and I think only once or possible twice a week. Have you tried aquafit yet?

Cheryl how is little Jake doing? He must keep you so busy. Aren't they a bundle of joy.

Janice we had a hot weekend, what has your weather been like? It is now grey and rainny. It is suppose to be like that til at least wednesday.
You are running a little zoo. I love to feed the animals too. Last fall because I fed the birds we caught an abundance of mice in the yard. We lost count after 23. I stopped feeding them after that. Rats! Yuck!

Tomorrow I head over to the hospital in the morning. I have to be there by 7:00 am. I am having a lumbar rhizotomy done. Ouch, it hurts bad. I am not afraid to say I am scared, I am terrified. I been there once and know how much those epidural needles hurt. Six of them is a bit much for me. The caterization of the nerves hurts way less than the needles in my spine. This time because they are doing 6 instead of 3 they said they would be kind and give me a seditive. Hopefully they count me in as weighing 300 pounds so I can have lots of drugs.
Please say a little prayer for me.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #30  
Janice

Dee- I feel for you. It must be terrible to know how bad its going to hurt. HUGS
coles is offline   Reply With Quote