Old 09-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #91  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Happy Sunday Ya'All!!!

Hello all.

Thanks for the well wishes. Well we went to the Amish Bakery yesterday, it was neat, they had lots of things there, not just food! They had furniture, a mini-log cabin, gazebos, childrens playground stuff that was cool, it was awesome and as DH said, an awesome drive up there, very pretty. We stopped and Great Steak and Potato after, as we both haven't had that in a long time, we only each ate 1/2 our sandwich and 1/2 a small fry. I told him, "We are pathetic, maybe next time we should order a "Happy Meal" " in which he replied to me, "you still wouldn't finish that either." Ahhh it was a good feeling though.

Cristina -- Sorry to hear you felt bad. I felt bad yesterday before we left, then once I got out and go moving, I felt better. Good Luck with your 10 pound Christmas Goal!

Susan -- Thanks yes as much as I would like a "dayshift" schedule, as I said, if DH gets the job he just had a 2nd interview for, he will be working nights too and so therefore, I need to stay on nights, plus I get paid more $$.

Tammy -- Yeah Outback was a nice change even though I hardly ate enough to justify it! lol. Wedding stuff sounds nice....I think yardwork has to be some of the best exercise there is! Now we don't have a yard to do at our apt, but we do help my in-laws out once in a while and phew!! It is a great workout!!!

Hi Sue, bye Sue!!!

Francie -- UGH I HATE unpacking!! Packing, I can handle, but the unpacking...stinks!!! lol.

Mindee -- I wish my AF would go away and come back NEXT week!~ GRR! Why does she always have to ruin things! lol. Its just like that commercial on tv, I think its for Playtex tampons or something, where the AF comes to ruin peoples honeymoon, vacations, etc....it is so true! lol. WTG Brandon!!

Katie -- Thanks. Bday is Wed and Anniversary is Friday, hard to believe we've been married 10 yrs. I know that is only a "drop in the bucket" for some folks, but its our "first big" milestone..... Not too excited about turning another year older.......but whatcha gonna do?
As I said to Tammy, yardwork is some of the toughest exercise!!! If we all did that everyday we'd probably all be toothpicks! lol. Hope you can get you some rest after you run around like a with your head cut off! lol!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #92  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Waiting for friends to get here and then we are off to the game. I did my mom's grocery shopping early this moring. Between the allergy meds and my dogs deciding that potty time has changed to 1:00 a.m., I'm sleepy but I'm sure the yelling at the game will keep me awake.

Francie--I live about 3 miles from Marley Mall. It used to be the best mall around but has dropped off the favorite list. If you came down Ritchie Hwy/Rt 2....you drove directly by my house in Severna Park. You will like Arundel Mills. Take 50 west to 97 north then 100 west. An easy drive and that mall is huge with a ton of restaurants and other stores surrounding it.

Friends are on the way...gotta go. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!

Last edited by sz2atheart; 09-21-2008 at 01:24 PM.
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #93  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Hey Sassy, we were typing at the same time. Yes, my arms and thighs are sore. I'm popping Motrin like candy!! I do believe you burn a ton of cal doing yardwork because every gardener I've ever seen was skinny.
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #94  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

OMG! JULES...that's where I heard the name, lol. I know who he is because that is who Kat VonD is dating, lol. Just didn't know he wrote book. Just didn't click...airhead sometimes for sure.

KATY...good to see you posting. Was wondering where you were off to. I too read the Pilot's Wife and wasn't thrilled with it, it was okay though. This one is okay as well. I have read some of her books and they are good...and still have more. But I have to take her in small doses...can't read a lot all at once. Sounds like you are one busy woman.

SASSY...glad the Amish Bakery was a nice outing for you guys.

TAMMY...enjoy the game!

Hi again to everyone else

Was at the computer typing some things up and thought I would come b and say Hi...didn't realize the time though and need to get some lunch!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #95  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here......

we had intentions of going through Marissa's clothes but we just hung around and gabbed with some friends.....then Marissa went to lay down so we are out on that one. I will try and get to it sometime during this week..........hopefully!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #96  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Okay, so it takes me weeks and weeks to lose a pound or two. Then I can put it back on in 2 days?...I don't think so. I did over eat just a tad, but not THAT much.
So, today I was good (after seeing the scales) and passed up brownies and ice cream. I rode 2 miles...so we will see what this week brings. I know I have to step up the exercise, and I am counting yardwork today. I dug up all my irises and some other plants. Re-did some beds and cleaned up some debris.
Other problems still abound, so another not so good day. *fingers crossed* and prayers needed.
Indies tomorrow.... Thinking of you all.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #97  
RosieKate

Tammy - from your lips to God's ears, lol! I spent about three hours this weekend working my a$$ off in the yard. Dh hauled off a half ton of yard debris..and I pitched most of that into the back of the truck myself. Ibuprofen, here I come!

Jules - I remember Nikki Sixx and Motley Crue...makes me feel like an old broad. Remember when Tommy Lee was married to Heather Locklear? Gee, wonder what happened to that marriage...hee hee

Cristina..glad to see your weekend is going well. I'm sorry I don't get on as regularly as i would like. Life has a way of intruding...

Mindee - give that baby a hug...

Sue - I hear you! My DH baked his awesome yummy chocolate chip cookies today and I indulged in several. Ok - 6...but they were smallI did pass on the pie and ice cream at our family dinner this evening, and I stuck to salad and chicken, no bread or rice. One of the nutritionists thats working with our weight loss group keeps telling us that "You can out eat any exercise" I need to write that down and put it on my fridge because I never remember it when I really need to.

Hi to everyone else! Can you believe it? I made it here twice today. I did get another big load in the truck today..that had to burn off some of those cookies, lol! Now I am going to get some tea and ibuprofen and watch The Rachel Zoe Project on my ipod before I go to bed. Great fashion po*n, if any of you are interested in that sort of thing. I also checked out Nina Garcia's Little Black Book of Style so I will definitely be getting my fashion fix in tonight and tomorrow. I can't afford fashion, but I can live vicariously!

Nighty-night!

Last edited by RosieKate; 09-21-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:36 AM   #98  

stopping by while checking my email and relaxing a little bit before going to bed. Tommy wanted some cookies, so I just got done baking them. now I am checking my email and then heading to bed.

Brandon has his ENT appointment this coming Thursday at 11am. And then on Friday, he has school pictures!

speaking of ice cream, my neighbor bought me some ice cream. she bought me some light low calorie ice cream. Now, I have to work on cutting out the ice cream/pops and other things that are bad for me. So, I am going to really kick myself into high gear and work on that this week!

Sue~ I hope the other problems get resolved soon, and I am sending you some prayers.

Katy~ I will definitely give him a hug for you! We are just in awe that this is the same little kid that at the beginning of this year, was basically using pointing/gesturing and grunting to communicate with us.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #99  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!! Today is my first day home alone. YAY!!! LoL!!!

Sassy~There are so many Amish stores in PA. I didnt get the chance to go to one while I was there for that week..so maybe not tomorrow, but the next time I'm there, my friend & I will go. I really want an Amish quilt. When I was little, I used to have an Amish doll. It didnt have a face, lol.

Tammy~Does Marely Mall have a Fredricks of Hollywood?? It seemed okay to me. Not really as huge as the Annapolis mall. Fonzo & I will probably be heading over there after payday. We should get together and have lunch sometime!!! Oh and you know..I think I live like 10 or 15 mins away from the Academy.

So does anyone wanna come over and wash my dishes?? We dont have a dishwasher and I dont feel like doing the dishes. And you know something else that sucks? We dont have hook ups for the W&D, right? So in order to do laundry...we have to go all the way to the basement and pay to use the washer & dryers. That is such crap. At least make it free ya know?

Anyhoo...Heroes comes on tonight!! YAY!!!! OKay...gonna go look at the kitchen and decide that I dont wanna wash the dishes, lol. BBL!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #100  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

I am dashing to that motel job in a sec , so I don't have ANY time right now.

I did speak w/ Rocky yesterday and he made it through the surgery in good shape. He is just in a lot of pain at the moment, so pray that eases for him.

k- off I go......finally a working girl again...haha
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #101  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello, and a good Monday to all

SUSAN...hoping you have a good day on your first day back at work! And glad to hear R is on his way to healing.

Hoping everyone is having a good day, chat later

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-22-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Just because
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #102  

a quick one from me right now........

all is quiet on this end, so I hope that means that Logan and Marissa are both napping! I am about to do some ab exercises on the floor since I forgot to pull out my workout clothes to do my workout dvd....so some is better then none, right?

Suz~ I hope that the pain starts to ease up for Rocky soon! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue~ I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as well!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #103  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Mindee- Quiet? Sometimes that means trouble. haha.. Seriously, enjoy the quiet time. Thanks for you prayers and well wishes.

Cristina- Sorry to hear that your dad is ill. Hope your trip is safe and that you find him in better health. Sounds like you will be busy for a few days.

Susan- Hope the first day of the new job went well. Is this the job with the good hours for being with Gaby? I am also praying for Rocky. The next few days will be hard for him I'm sure. I hope he recovers nicely.

Francie- Wow..no dishwasher? I would hate that. I still hand wash several things, but at least can load up the every day items and wash once a day or so. Sounds like you are enjoying the new area and getting to know the Malls.

Katy- I know I can out eat exercise. I think I have done it for years.....hence my size. LOL. My DH told me this morning he has never seen a person try so hard and lose so slowly. Ya think???

Sassy- Hope you are still enjoying yourself. And early Happy Birthday to you.

Tammy- I hope you enjoyed the game.

Jules and Asia. Hi to you both.

I have had a busy day. Monday laundry, you know, bedclothes. Then I cleaned the bathrooms, dusted and Swiffered. I rode 2 miles before it got hot and hope to ride more tonight. I also re-planted the irises where the darn squirrels dug them up from yesterday. Went to CVS, which is about 5 minutes away, ran into an old friend I used to work with...so gabbed a few minutes and back home. Now I am resting and trying to compose a blurb for the newspaper about DS's graduation from law school. I like being busy, so I am going back out into the yard to work for awhile.

Dinner is beans and corn bread (which I do not eat) and fried potatoes (which I love, but will bake mine instead) I am out of tea so have been drinking water all day...ugh..not my favorite thing.

By the way, when I weighed this morning I was still under 170...so the week-end scare was just that, a scare.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #104  
RosieKate

Sue - good job staying under 170...i was so close to 170, now my little cookie binge has messed me up. So I am really watching it over the next few days.

Cristina - hope you have a nice visit with your family, so sorry your dad is not well. Hope he is comfortable and improving.

Susan - Congrats on the new job...hope you had a great first day!

HI to Mindee, Jules, Tammy, Sassy, Asia, and Francie. Hope you gals are having a great day. Francie - don't let the dishes get you down. I lived without a dishwasher in our duplex, and I kind of got used to it, believe it or not.

Well, I went over to Sparkpeople, where they have a lovely little feature where you can enter the ingredients in your recipe, then it will tell you how many calories are in each serving. DH's cookies are 216 calories!!! EACH!!! Dang! Of course, I should have figured that out when I got on the scale this morning and it said 178 so I I have tied my hands to the chair and keeping them out of the cookie jar. Oy. what a mess.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #105  
kitty Momo

I am back! I survived......work! yay...

I actually liked it. It is the motel job that is only 24 to 28 hours a week. It is basically the same hours when Gaby is at school. 2 of the days would be Sat and Sun, which I don't really like per se but at least Gab would be with her father and it is only 9am to 3pm most days. Other 2 days are Tues/Wed. So, Iwork tomorrow and get Wed,Thurs,Fri off....lol. Wednesday because I worked today.

Blah - blah...and I am off to interview for the city community now....one that pays good and is only 11 hours a week. So, I will see if that can be worked in to this one. Also, I am still waiting for the retirement center to call back.

Mindee - that avatar is adorable!! Way cute.

Chat w/ you all tomorrow when I have more time.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-22-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote