Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 08:53 AM   #31  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Good Morning Girls!

It is beautiful yet again today! TGIF!!! It is suppose to be in the 60's with a chance of showers...I am so excited spring has sprung!

I will not talk about my diet either! I am going back to CAD beginning Monday though. This BFL diet is killing me! I am starving! And the extra carbs are keeping me bloated!

I took yesterday off from working out. My shins were so sore from walking and my one minute jog, so I decided that a lower body weight workout would not be a good idea.

So today is lower body strength training for me! I would like to take a walk too, but I probably won't get to...today is pay day....grocery day...and baby's first hair cut day! She is getting her bangs trimmed! And I am getting mine cut!

I will talk at you ladies later! If I don't get back on, have a lovely weekend!
Old 04-12-2002, 01:52 PM   #32  

Happy Friday All!

Okay so what is the BFL book and where can I get it! I have been following the Atkins diet, but it is kind hard for me because I love fruit! I was thinking about trying the caveman diet, which is also low carbs, but it also tells you to eat whole grains.

Last night's workout was just swell! Did some weight training on my thighs, cause lord knows the need the most work! And then did the bike for 12 miles on random hills. My biggest problem is that I am pear shaped, so the more weight I loose the more noticable it is. My legs just do not want to get smaller! Damn them!

I had my check up yesterday, seems like running is out for me, I am not all that upset about, I hated running! He also highly recommended that I don't do any step aeorbic classes either! I can live with that too! So it is the bike and the elliptical from now on! I have always had bad knees, and it seems that they are getting worse! Great, not even 30 yet, and I alreay have arthritis! I am not that worried because there are far worst fates in life.

Okay I don't want to end on a down note, so here is a little joke:
Upon waking up, a woman told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's day. What do you think it means?"

"You'll know tonight," he said.

That evening, the man came home with a package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, she opened it up to find a book titled, The Meaning of Dreams.

-LK
Old 04-12-2002, 02:16 PM   #33  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

LK that is soo funny!!!

just like my dh to do that!!!

I am doing good so far but i have only eaten one meal so i must go and eat more!!!

but as fior BFL is is found in places like kmart and walmart. in the book section. (hard to keep on the shelf) it does a more higher carb and has a specific diet to follow. there is a plan that ia a bit different it is a Body Rx and i am not usre who the author is but it is similar to BFL but NO cardio!!! the diet plan is a bit high on the carb end but mre manageaboe and tweakable to fir into a low carb style. May people doing the PP woe is doing this BRx and doing better with it. you may llike that one better, they do have progrssive worlouts like that BFL and there is dramatic changes in the body but it is all weights which i llike but have not gotten the book.

workouts yesterday i ran for 1 mile at only 5 mph slow and steady and today i did 1 mile at 6 mph no pain except the tenderness that i already have. todayi did a bit of a lower workout yeterday was upper

well i must go and eat before i get too hungry
Old 04-12-2002, 08:51 PM   #34  

Default MOTHERS DAY TRIP

HI ALL!!!!

Put me in for the Mothers Day trip----10 lbs gone by then....I sure am trying to do that!!!! I just need to get some exercise in and that seems to be the most difficult thing for me to do....I must try harder......

sounds like everyone is doing great.....Lets keep the motivations going ...........Summer is just around the corner and I want to be able to wear shorts comfortably......

Talk to ya later.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:03 PM   #35  
Trying to find my way.

I have the determination and now I have the means (I had that before but was struguling to get it together latley.) so I have decided to do it official to do the BFL that is a 12 week program but to do low carb with it!!! that will get me through the next 4 weeks for mothersday push and then on to my anniversary!!!

melody thanks for the motivation to get back to BFL and to LK for the questions!!!!. I will get my book out again this week and go over it (it is so motivational).

I am soo excited to get this going!!!

Terri so glad that you have joined us again. this is a great thing to keep the motivation going!!
Old 04-15-2002, 08:45 AM   #36  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Ladies,

LK- I know how you feel. I am only 28 and I have arthritis in my ankles, knees, wrists, and elbows, and it sucks. However it could be worse, so I shall not complain too much.

Well this weekend was super busy, did not work out. Beginning today I am on CAD for life. No more switching, or experimentation. Low carb works for me, so I must get back to it. I am not looking forward to the carb withdraw again, but I will get through it. Tuesday will be the worst, and then It will get better from there. I will make sure to buy some tylenol, and keep it in my purse for tomorrow.

I slept most the day yesterday. We all did. It rained all day.

Today is suppose to be kind of nice....scattered showers, and 78 degrees. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the eighty's!!!!! I love it!

You ladies, have a wonderful day!
Old 04-15-2002, 11:57 AM   #37  

Good Morning Ladies!

I had the same epiphany this weekend Sue! There is no reason I can't do this except for me. If I get a craving for some chips, I need to stop at the fridge and pull out some carrot sticks! Or if I want cake, I need to got get a banana or a peach! Keeping the carbs down, but still eating health. And if I go a little over on the carbs, well then at least they are coming from an all natural source, and they are good for me! I went grocery shopping this weekend and bought lots of meat and veggies, then totally skipped the pasta/rice isle.

Exercise was good this weekend, went to the gym on saturday, then went for a long walk with my husband to the beach then came home and did my pilates tape. I am not flexable at all! She was pulling her leg over her head, and I was lucky if I got mine to waist level!

I hope eveyone has a great day!!
Old 04-15-2002, 05:03 PM   #38  
Trying to find my way.

LK that is too funny!!! i have heard lots of pilaties but have never seen any of it. I will say that i am fairly flexable so that usually is not a problem but i need to keep on working on it to keep that way. I love it when i get that sudden revelation. I know that i will be great for a while i just need to keep the momentum and i will be at goal. But who know si am not going to weigh in. my scale is outside and the otherone does not work. I even been staying away from the ones at the gym.

I had a great talk with several ladies at the gym and it was about my business and i may have more customers so i am excited. so that is going to be my focus for a while. but it will not change my determination cuz things are looking up for this, and that makes me excited and well then i am ready to rip into my woe!!!

diet is good today besides w/o today i went for a bike ride with myson and we went several miles today and had fun it was a slow and steady pace but it did get me to have a sweat!
Old 04-16-2002, 08:28 AM   #39  
Muscle Mommy

Hello ladies!

It sems we are working out and enjoying life right now.

I took a 3 mile walk with my sister. She is getting married in June, and I get to be a bridesmaid! I will have to lose some weight.

I am Op today and plan to stay that way. Bacon for breakfast,and so far 1/2 pint of water...not a bad start. It's better than I have been doing.

There is a quote in the BFL book that really stuck with me...."IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU ARE PLANNING TO FAIL." I have taken this quote to heart lately. I fail to plan my workouts, and more importantly my meals. Meals must be planned, or I will cheat. So last night I thought of what I was going to do to keep me from blowing my diet today. I got straight up out of bed, and put three pieces of turkey bacon in the microwave, and went to get ready. I ate that before I left the house....VOILA! Breakfast. I brought cheese, pepperoni, and beef jerky, for snacks if I need them. Lunch todaywill be (school) BBQ chicken- YUCK...but it will keep me from blowing it, Dinner, my reward meal will be italian subs , an orange, a veggie, and water...no soda for me today!

I am motivated, and I am ready to to see some results! I am tired of my fat suit. I can do this, we can do this!!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 02:37 PM   #40  
Trying to find my way.

whooo melody you are rearing to go!!!

I am doing good this morning. I ate my eggs, and brussels and tuna what a combo but they were at different times.

exercise was a mush of a bunch of different things but i did my lower body work out and i told my cabana boy that this is it for us. he was not worried he said i have many people waiting to get on with him he will just fill my spot with some one till i can get back on my feet. i said that i was not worried that he could fill my spot but that it would be not available when i was able to come back!!

well that is it for me tons of work to do!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 07:10 PM   #41  

Go Melody! You are right, I do a lot better when I plan my meals. My big thing is taking my lunch to work with me. That seems to help me alot, because if I don't I end up getting a sandwich and some chips.

Sorry to hear you had to loose you cabana boy Sue! I am sure that you will be reunited again soon!

Glad to see that everyone has been doing good. I have been OP for two days, without one little slip! Been drinking tons of water and doing good at the gym! Been trying to work up to 45 minutes of cardio. I did 30 on the rowing machine last night. I met this woman who had a great body, and she told me all she does was the trowing machine. I am not going to drop my weight training (I like that part of it!) but I want arms like this woman had!!

I hope you all had a good day!

LK
Old 04-18-2002, 09:02 AM   #42  
Muscle Mommy

Default LIFE GETS IN THE WAY!!!

Well everyone, I wish I could report that I am OP....but I slipped yesterday. managed to stay Op so far today! Did not work out either.....too busy with the kids. Had a fight with BF....got so mad at him, I slept in the kids room on an air mattress. Needless I did not sleep...

Rain is coming....my ankles are hurting today.

Sue- Are you warm???? I saw where NY was having temps in the 90's!! ANd I thought we were warm down here!!! You guys have a nice day!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #43  
Muscle Mommy

Hello All...this trip is getting quiet....Where are all of you????

The plan for today is drink lots of water, and to work out....Friday is coming!
Closed Thread