Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #436  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Apparently all that staying at the same weight wasn't such a bad thing! I was down 4.2 today from Wed...total of 46lbs lost to date!!!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #437  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

Good job UFF!!!!!!!! That is great! Way to persevere. It pays off!

Jenni: Thanks for the tea suggestion. I will look into that. I am not looking forward to weigh-in for this very reason Doughgirl... glad to hear that I am not alone in this struggle!

Fingers crossed for me tomorrow at weigh-in... I was doing well until the homestretch here. Funny.. when your body feels gross (bloated) it is hard not to just throw everything out the window and indulge.
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #438  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

I am going to get cleaned up and go for my weigh in. I know I might be up a lb or so..argg. been a rough week or 2.
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #439  
Success is a journey

I hope it went well for you 2Dogs. It is really hard to be motivated to go in when you have had an off week.

I went in too today. I am down .8. Not impressed but I guess it is better than nothing. I figure it is due to approaching TOM and the fact that I am having umm... elimination issues? I seriously feel very bloated and heavy so it is no surprise that the scale didn't reflect a greater loss. It sucks but I'll stick to it nonetheless.

I am sooooooo going out to get some of that tea Jenni!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #440  
Success is a journey

I want a ticker! Can one of you help me figure out how to do it please?

BTW... 5lbs lost What a rip-off! I would like to get beyond this point someday soon! I swear ...since November I have lost and gained the same 7 lbs. If I could break the 10lb barrier I know I would be way happier. Yes my pants are loose. Yes.. I feel better but I have to get going on this thing. This is pathetic!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:35 AM   #441  

www.tickerfactory.com

you can do it!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:12 AM   #442  

So this morning I have had a cuppa tea, 1/2 cup (when not cooked) steel cut oats, and 6 oz activa ff yougurt.

that made both starches (gone nice and early..very filling)
and the dairy.

Also i have had an aisian pear (basically a juicy apple) as my fruit.

Going to go and get a huge class of water, finish watching Coronation st and then some house work. The busier I am , the less chance for me to cheat right?

I was reading old posts..did anyone happen to see this? I am not a popcorn fan but I did see thins and think it might be good for some people

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three Savory Popcorn Ideas!

Ingredients

"Herbal" Magic Popcorn 1 tsp. dried sage 1 tsp. fennel 1 tsp. marjoram 1 tsp. thyme 1 tsp. basil 1 tsp. summer savory 1 tsp. rosemary 2 tsp. minced garlic 1 tsp. melted legal margarine (if desired)

Tex-Mex Popcorn 1 tbsp. cumin 1 tbsp. chili powder 1 tsp. melted legal margarine (if desired)

Hot Mustard Popcorn 1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard 1/4 tsp. cayenne 1/4 tsp. pepper 1 tsp. thyme 1 tsp. melted legal margarine (if desired)
Old 03-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #443  

http://www.herbalmagic.com/community/recipes.asp

recipes from the site for you..as well as there is a tip of the week there too
Old 03-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #444  
Success is a journey

I tried the tex-mex popcorn. It was EW! Maybe someone else has had success with it.

I just discovered a fully-legal taco salad. You make your own taco bowl by wetting a tortilla and molding it around a bowl and baking it in the oven for about 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Then you layer lots of lettuce, tomatoes, your own prepared sauce with fresh tomatoes, garlic, paprika, cumin, and chili powder. You can have cheese too if you still have your dairy left. And salsa as a free exchange element. You can even figure out how to work in sour cream. DELISH! The key is measuring everything of course.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #445  
Success is a journey

Have any of you ever set a mini-goal? I am trying to have reasonable expectations of myself but I would like to set a certain goal for just under 2 weeks from now. Do I go with the down 2lbs/ week as my goal or do I shoot for loftier than that.

By the way Jenni... the tea worked wonders!!!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/180

Height: 5'-7"

meme: I am glad the tea worked for you as well. As far as a mini goal, I think 2 pounds a week is good. Thanks for the tip on the tex mex popcorn.

2 dogs: thanks for the recipes. Good job on getting the starches out of the way early. I have been trying that; but find that my cravings are worse if I don't save one for supper.

UFF: great loss. wow, 4.6 lbs. The weight is just flying off you. That is awesome.

I started a cleanse on Friday night with my husband. Not the herbal magic one; just one from the health food store. My husband is going nuts and wants to eat everything in sight. I think it is good for him to be able to experience some of what I have had to deal with over the last year. Maybe he will be a bit more support after this.
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #447  

so today I bought the SHoopers Drug Mart version of CLA for 21.99. I had read back other posts here and saw some tried it as well. I also am out of the vits, but until pay day Friday that is ok. I have had one heck of a CRAPOLA day. Soooo glad I am moving on to a better night. but I only had a kitkat as a cheat..but I think I need water...lotsof water. I arranged for my w.i for weds after work....so I have days to do what I havent been doing in weeks.

btw...I find when I have the starch for mid brekkie...it really helps me out hunger wise..but I think I am sharper brain wise when I have eggs for brekkie instead...
Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 249/173/175

Height: 5'6

well I haven't gone to weight in.......gonna go at the end of the week.......and so far.......I haven't lost anything last week.......I have no idea why.......but I'm not pleased!
So yesturday I started walking......went again today, and I went with the van to clock how far I've walked..........7.5km!
So with anyluck......I'll loose something! UGGG

Feeling discouraged as ****!
doughgirl192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #449  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies, I was up .8..kinda expcted it after the 4.6 drop though!!! According to the success chart in my book, my projected weight loss was 30lbs I am down 45.2 so overall, still doing well!!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/180

Height: 5'-7"

UFF: You are doing awesome. Wow, 15 pounds ahead. That is great. You will be at your goal weight in no time if you keep that up. Quite an inspiration.

doughgirl: 7.5km, that is awesome. Wow, I am sure I wouldn't be able to walk that far. Good job on that. Keep it up and I am sure the scale will be flying downwards.

2 dogs: Way to go on finding out how your body works with different combinations of food. I find some days, I am so hungry that I finish all my snacks for the day by lunchtime and others, I could even care less if I eat breakfast. I haven't been able to piece it all together yet. Way to get to know your body.

I was down 2 pounds over the weekend which I am very happy with. I will be happy if I can maintain that for the rest of the week. I have a couple of obsticles this weekend so hopefully, I can keep this off. I am at 65 pounds now and really hoping to get another 10 off before Mexico at the end of April. I am really looking forward to spring so I can get outside with activities more.
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote