Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #76  

Cheryl it is important to take some me time, so do it. Like you say Steward will get over it. He needs to remember that Jake is his son too and that means he has to be responsible for him.

Thanks for all the ideas guys for the patches for the memory item. I will have to do something with it. My heart just isn't into it right now.

Gayle I am going to send that stuff off to you tomorrow.

Suzy it will take some time to get better, don't push it, otherwise it will set you back.

Janice how are you doing? Are you having a good holiday?

Tonight we are going to see Cirque du Soliel. I think it will be a good break for us.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #77  
Losing it!

Cheryl, pop Stewart in the head with a dirty diaper as a wake-up call...he'll get the hint! LOL!

Can I please ask you girls to say a quick prayer for a dear little friend of mine at the nursing home? She is one of my favorites and her condition is declining daily. I really don't see her making it much longer unless there is a miracle. She is a very religious lady, so she will appreciate all of the praying.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #78  

Gayle of course I will pray for her. What is the dear lady's name?

By the way did you know that we are suppose to be blessing everyone? When you do the blessing comes back to you 10 fold, so ladies start blessing everyone. A good way to start is when someone sneezes.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #79  

Gayle-I am sending prayers to your friend.

Dee-The eulogy was lovely. I'm sure Jackie knows how nice it was.

Suzy-Wow, it is a good thing you went to the dr. I'm glad you are slowly on the mend.

Janice-Have a nice vacation!

Cheryl-I agree with Gayle. Smack him on the head with a baby bottle or dirty diaper!! You need that time for yourself. Please don't give it up.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #80  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ Your friend is in my prayers. May God grant her healing and strength.

Cheryl ~ Yes, get tough...there's no reason why Stewart can't help out.

Dee ~ I understand about not being able to work with those patches right now. I have bags of my dad's shirts packed away in the attic to make quilts for my mom, sister and I with, but I just can't bring myself to cut into them yet. I know I will one day though...when the time is right.

Janice ~ Are you going anyplace for vacation or just enjoying your time off at home?

I hated to do it, but I cancelled out on watching the girls again today. I just don't have the energy to keep up with them properly yet. I think if I'm not feeling a whole lot better by tomorrow that I'll make another visit to the doctor.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #81  

Suzy you did the right thing not watching the girls. You need to rest and take care of yourself.

Shelley how is your dad doing?

Gayle I have your letter ready to mail. Now to go get a stamp and put it in the box

My sister Gail is coming down with Thomaz for a swim. I should get going as I was planning on cleaning the house.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #82  

We went out geocashing with Gail and Thomaz. We found 3 more. They loved the hunt. It was new and exciting for them. Now you know what Thomaz wants for his birthday.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #83  
Losing it!

Addictive, isn't it Dee? I will HOPEFULLY, mail your packet out in the morning. Steve went to a few spots while he was out of town...I think I created a GPS monster! LOL!
My liitle friend is Jo, she had to go in the hospital today while I was at the shop. She was in ICU the last I heard, fighting for her life. She needs a pacemaker, but at 93 and no strength, I'm afraid she will probably not make it through surgery.

Suzy, maybe you should go back to the doctor. You should be starting to feel better by now. Did he do x-rays of your lungs?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #84  

Hi all!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Gayle and Dee, that searching sure does sound like a lot of fun! As far as I know there aren't that many people involved with it in this area--but then again there could be a whole community that I'm unaware of!

I hope you all have a great week-end!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #85  

Cheryl Gayle thought the same thing at first that there wasn't many around her. I didn't think we had anyone around here doing it either but there are many caches around here.

Gayle I thought at first Steve wasn't that keen....I am glad that he is enjoying the hunt.
I will continue to pray for Jo until I hear that she is doing better. God be with her and keep her.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #86  
Losing it!

Cheryl, there is a site you can go to, type in your zip and do a search. We have lots around here, right under our noses without realizing it! We have found 9 or 10 now, some are out in pastures, some are urban, it really is a fun way to spend part of a day. The stuff inside the cache usually is worthless (happy meal toys, wooden nickels etc.) but it is the fun of the hunt. We found a penny out in the middle of a pasture! How cool is that! Every so often you will find a trackable item, then it is cool to get it, place it and watch where it travels. Dee & I are switching out trackable coins so all of a sudden they will move from Kansas to Canada and vice versa. WARNING: It is addictive! It is a CHEAP hobby too, other then the cost of the handheld GPS it is the cost of gas. Cheaper then movies, bowling etc.

Dee, Steve thought I was crazy at first! Now he is taking the GPS with him when he spends nights out of town. We are in the process of making a signature coin to go into the caches we find. I'll send you one or post a pic after I'm finished. Mailing your package out today...

Suzy, feeling better?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #87  

Gayle we are going to be making a coin too! We want to do a T@B shape coin just like our tear drop trailer. Are you getting a company to make it or someone you know? We are going to contact the Huterite colony that Larry knows and get them to lazer cut it for us.
I think it is so funny that Steve likes it now. Larry was the same way. I kept talking about doing this and showing him articles and he just wasn't interested. Now he loves it. lol

Today and last night has been very stormy. The sun will shine and then the tunder rolls in. Right now it is sunny so I want to get a walk in before it down pours again.

Hey Gayle how is our newly weds doing? Is Liz happy where she is living?

Suzy feeling any better today?

Shelley how many miles are you logging in a month? I know that your foot is still bothering you that is good that you are able to bike.

Cheryl are you back on track with the exercise and shaking some pounds off?
I haven't weighed in at ww's since april. I think I am up two pounds but I am ok with that. With all that has been going on I did well. Now to get weighed in.

hey Janice did you desert us on your holiday? I hope that you are behaving yourself. Enjoy your time off.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #88  

Gayle, I checked the link you sent me and, to my surprise, there are 10 pages of caches within a 30 mile radius of my zip code!!! I never even suspected!

Dee, nope, I'm still stalling! I haven't been journaling like I should and this morning I was up to 248. I don't like creeping at all! Time to get serious again!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #89  

Cheryl do it for Jake. You will be much healthier, happier and be able to play with him. You can do it. You know how. Let's see you shake it baby!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #90  
Losing it!

Cheryl, go back to the site/click on forums/then you will find a GPS rummage sale. Several for sale!!! We purchased ours at Walmart because I am impatient and wanted to get started right away. I think anything Garmin is good. We have the Garmin Venture HC and Dee has the Garmin Venture with a card so you can have actual in town street turn by turn. Ours can use the card too if purchased separately. So far we haven't needed it to find the urban caches. Hmmmmm....I see a new mode of exercise coming little Cheryl's way!!!! If you have any questions, Dee & I will be very helpful into drawing our dear little friends into the pit of geocaching!
Closed Thread