3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   That 70's Show - Getting Groovy in June! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/143229-70s-show-getting-groovy-june.html)

2Bthinagain 07-10-2008 03:26 PM

310 Calories? Why do I tell myself "I know it's all sugar", yet I crave it anyway? Empty useless -- like you said "non" filling calories. Good point.

FYI - love the pictures! You look so adorable!

beginme 07-10-2008 05:17 PM

Great vacation pics! You look great!! I'm having another good day today, but by the skin of my teeth. I want a mini Reese's Cup right now so bad I could scream. Hopefully, that craving will ease up after the first week has past. I'm on day 4.

Glad to see you back 2BThin.

SunshineRunner 07-10-2008 06:55 PM

Yes! 310 calories of teeth destroying sugar!!! You can get thru this coke addiction and find something that is low-no calorie to replace it. You crave it anyways because it is sugar. I have found that the less sugar that I ate throughout my lifestyle change - the less I craved it - once you get it out of your system, you truly want less of it. And...the less sugary things that you thought were bland before...become much more flavorful....like right now...I'm having a Breakstone's Cottage Doubles - 130 calories, only 16 carbs, 11 grams of tummy filling protein - and I honestly feel like it is one of the sweetest items I eat.

Thanks for the photo comments - can't wait to see y'all up here!!!! :)

Beginme - you will get past the need for the chocolate - a package containing the standard 2 cups - has 230 calories - once again - not very filling (although quite sweet tooth fulfilling!) calories - and 13 grams of fat. For me - just not worth it during weight loss. Once in a blue moon it's okay to have 1 mini cup - but still, not very filling and you know you can't eat just one of those suckers!!! You'll get thru it - they say it takes 21 days to make something habit - so don't stress too much if you still have these cravings next week - you just have to get it out of your system!

I'm going to the gym and will attempt to beat my time of 37:44 for my 5K (3.1 miles)...I participate in the 3FC 5K's that EZMoney has been hosting - and I did 39 minutes for the 4th of July but ran my butt off last night to get to 37:44 - would ideally like to get down to under 36 minutes for the next one - August 1-3rd....I'd love to be considered athletic one day! A girl can dream, right???

Well, off to the gym...I'll let you know what I did once I get back :)
~A

Fat in Hong Kong 07-10-2008 10:04 PM

Amanda ~ Great photos! I can't wait to see your official 'before' and 'after' photos when you post them, I find it so inspiring to see the difference that weightloss actually makes ... it's often hard to imagine in your mind that it really can make such a difference (to ourselves at least!) without seeing the hard evidence.

I agree that it's absolutely true about getting over the cravings for sugar (although I'm not over the chocolate ... yet!). I always used to have 2 teaspoons of sugar in tea/coffee, but gradually reduced this amount until I was having none at all ... now I can't even take a sip without thinking how sweet and sickly it tastes, and have to throw it away and make another cup. I've been 'sugar-less' in tea/coffee for a few years now:)

Yesterday's Food ......

Breakfast
Fromage Frais 99%ff

Lunch
4 Ryvita Crispbread
low fat spread cheese

Dinner

Chicken w/salad, jacket potato (w/grated cheese), lf mayo

Have another great day everyone!:)

SunshineRunner 07-10-2008 10:32 PM

HongKong - that doesn't look like very many calories for your day....how the heck did you get through the day????

I use splenda or stevia in my coffee and tea - i like both!

Tonights workout was:
ran 3.25 miles @ 5.5 miles/hour average - time was 38 minutes
lifted weights focusing on arms and legs for 40 minutes.

I worked out hard and have been in the mood to do so lately - it's just feeling really good and i'm trying really hard to get my fatty triceps to not jiggle so much - i pretty much hate that body part right now.

I'm hoping to wake up at 158lbs tomorrow....everyone keep your fingers crossed! :)

Fat in Hong Kong 07-11-2008 12:43 AM

Amanda ~ Don't worry, I'm not going to wither away (chance would be fine thing!). Yesterday was very much a one off for me ... just had a very busy day and only managed to grab a pot of fromage frais for breakfast ... before I realised it, I'd missed lunch time completely so grabbed a few Ryvita crispbreads to keep me going until dinner. As I said, it was a one off, and on a normal day I don't struggle at all to get in my full quota of food!!:)

I'm really impressed with your workout routine ... I wish that I could become motivated to exercise more ... or rather, I should say, to exercise at all!! I'm hoping that as the scales go down I'll start to feel more like doing something:^:

My fingers are crossed for the scales to show 158 on the scales for you in the morning!!:crossed:

beginme 07-11-2008 06:53 PM

Well, I didn't do as well today. Managed to eat 2,100 calories. Yikes! Well, I'll be back on track tomorrow. Hope you ladies are having a better day.

SunshineRunner 07-12-2008 09:06 AM

HongKong - I understand about having off days where actually eating is difficult. I always try to keep something with a higher nutritional value around so I can grab and go -but even that can be difficult on those days. I know that there have been a good handful of days where I have gotten in less than 1000 calories - not good, but I surived!

Beginme - I've easily eaten 2100 plus calories - those are the days when I go out to eat - and I just plain don't bother to count my calories anymore on those days - however I always make up for them by doing a cleansing cycle of eating for myself - focusing on high fiber and lower sodium to get what usually shows up as a couple pounds of water weight out of my system!

Okay - off to get some stuff done. Have a good one :)

2Bthinagain 07-12-2008 05:08 PM

Amanda - congrats on your weight and your work out - I can't imagine the day when I would enjoy a work out. I do however remember even in my skinny days - I always thought my arms were jiggly.

A little news here - DH wants me to pay for WW. So I guess I will sign up. He said he thinks its a good idea since a friend of mine did it and I showed him her before and after photos - plus he finally met her in person. He said I should want that --I can't see paying the $$$ when I should be able to do it on my own, but apparently I can't.......so this week I'm off to my first WW meeting.

Other than that - slow weekend. We have company this weekend so not a lot getting done. Things will be back on track when they go home tomorrow. :)

beginme 07-12-2008 05:52 PM

Well, I had a much better day today!! Totally back on track.

Congrats on joining WW. It really is a great program. Glad you girls are doing well!

2Bthinagain 07-13-2008 07:36 PM

Okay it's Sunday night - I just went to the grocery - I did not buy any soda! I bought lots of water though. It was tough - but I walked right on by the soda.
I am also trying to skip my pill at night that leaves me hung over in the morning - which will prevent my craving for that McDonalds coke.
Tomorrow - will I wake up at 5:30 with my DH to get in an early walk before the kids wake up? I'll post and let you know!
Have a great week everyone!
:wave:
Edit to add my planned menu -
I am doing slim fast for breakfast one day - then special K the next day.
I bought whole wheat bread with sandwich meat
Dinner - well - I'll post as they happen.
Also bought fruit. One apple a day and a banana on the next day / (alternating).
Still need to figure out my WW points.

beginme 07-13-2008 10:19 PM

Yippee for no soda!!!:carrot:

I also had another good day today! The good ones are definitely outnumbering the bad ones and I'm really starting to feel like it will be good news when I step back on the scales on August 1 (I weigh the 1st of every month so I don't drive myself mad).

SunshineRunner 07-13-2008 11:45 PM

Beginme - good job on another good day - every single good day in a row will lead to much more and they will just get easier! I weigh every single day - I can't not do it - I may be scale addicted, but I also know what food effects my body and how. It's been very helpful for me!

2bthin - congrats on not buying soda! i know it was hard for you! also, big congrats on planning to get up and go for a walk with DH - I hope he can help you with your journey! I'm going to hope you get lots of good sleep tonight. I know how rough it can be. Can't wait to hear from you in the morning to see how your day has started out. Also - have you tried some of the Kashi line of cereals? I like them better then Special K - flavors are good and they are higher in fiber...which we all know I'm obsessed with :)

Well folks, I'm off to bed, have a good one and I'll see you in the morning :)
~A

Fat in Hong Kong 07-13-2008 11:45 PM

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've not been around for a couple of days. Had a really busy weekend and I'm really annoyed with myself because my eating habits have been bad, bad, bad!!:mad: I don't know why I do it to myself ... I have a good week, then everything goes to pot over the weekend!:mad: Consequently, I've hopped on the scales this morning and there's only been a 1lb loss:( I'd hoped for more this second week, but because of my stupidity over the past few days it was not to be. That'll teach me a lesson!

Anyway, I've given myself a good talking to and I'm well and truly back on track, so hopefully I'll have a better week this week.:crossed:

Well done to the rest of you for having a good week:)

Amanda ~ I told you that having few calories one day was very much a one off for me! I'll try harder this week!

2Bthin ~ Good luck with WW ... when's your first meeting?

beginme ~ Glad your good days are outnumbering the bad ones ... I need to take a lesson from you!!

I'll check-in later to post today's food ... won't bother with the weekends as I had so much I can't remember most of it!!

2Bthinagain 07-14-2008 08:57 AM

beginme - I'm glad you are having more good days, wish I could say that.

As for me - my plan did not work out so well. Around 8:30 I had plans to get in a little computer time then watch a movie at 9pm...so I could fall asleep okay ...I always need to unwind before bed -- unlike my husband who can do anything then decide he's going to bed and he'll be out fast.

So here I am in my office - then he comes in to chit chat away -- for over an hour! Which was nice -- but it was 9:45 before I got upstairs - which meant no unwind time for me...I missed the start of the movie and ended up taking one of those stupid pills that makes me groggy. Funny that I woke up around 5:40 but of course was too tired to get out of bed. I'm not detered though. I will walk later today and make sure I get it in.

On an unrelated topic:
Extreme Home Makeover is in our town and I'm going over later today to watch!