3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   That 70's Show - Getting Groovy in June! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/143229-70s-show-getting-groovy-june.html)

2Bthinagain 07-17-2008 09:52 PM

Those darn Reeses :devil:

Well tonight I went to my first WW class. Can't see was $39.95 is the fee, seems a bit much ..I'm going to learn as much as I can, figure out my points and we'll see if I keep going to the class or count points on my own.
The interesting thing they said was "never put food in your mouth WHILE you have food in your mouth"...SO many people admitted to not having yet SWALLOWED one bite before they bit into another! Interesting.

Weekend is almost here....company coming in on Friday. Lots of house work to do tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone!

Fat in Hong Kong 07-17-2008 10:54 PM

Hi Ladies,

Had a much better day yesterday ... not great, but much better!! Food-wise I stayed pretty much on track, it was just in the evening when my friends came over for dinner ... and brought wine ... several empty bottles later ... you get the picture!:o Anyway, I'm back in the right frame of mind now, so hopefully no more slip ups ... or at least not for a while anyway!

Amanda ~ You can kick my butt anytime you think I need it!!

2Bthin ~ I feel exhausted just looking at your schedule! Hope all goes well with the WW plan.

beginme ~ Hope you enjoyed the Reese's Cups (whatever they are??) We don't have them in the UK (or HK) but I can imagine it's something nice and naughty!! Hope it was worth it ... a little bit of what you fancy won't hurt. But now, if you've got any left ... get them out of the house!!! ... and don't buy any more!!

Have a good day everyone ... STAY ON TRACK!!;)

TheKel 07-18-2008 08:34 AM

Just wanted to check in--thanks for the link to the forum, GatorAmanda. I'm on vacation but am heading back home today and plan to start exercising on Monday. (My apartment building has a gym, and I work tomorrow and Sunday.) So until Monday, my workouts are limited to walking my dog, unpacking and doing laundry. (Oh, my glamorous life.)

Anyway, for everyone else, my name's Kelly and I need to lose about 70 pounds, which would put me at 130 pounds. I eat my feelings (food = celebration, consolation and boredom-reliever), which I'm working on. And I'm starting to realize that even if I don't make the absolute healthiest choice, any time I don't make the LEAST healthy choice, that's a victory, too. So I'm excited to start getting back to the gym and getting in better shape. :)

2Bthinagain 07-18-2008 07:49 PM

TheKel :welcome:

Hong Kong: WHAT? No Reeses over there?? Oh honey your life is not complete! We'll have to mail you some! It's peanut butter covered in chocolate. You can probably see lots of HERSHEY brand goodies at www.hershey.com (I'm guessing that is their website). Yes my schedule is crazy busy - which contributes to not taking the time for myself - the kids keep me on the go-go-go...like tomorrow. One has a baseball game that starts at 11:30 on one side of town, yet the other has a game at noon that starts on the other side of town? Tomorrow I'm sure will be a blast!

Company not coming now until Sunday so I have a little time to finish cleaning.

Not doing so well on my McDonalds coke - but at home I have cut way back on the soda I keep here. Not drinking tons at home anymore. So that is progress.

Where are our daily menus???????

Fat in Hong Kong 07-18-2008 10:59 PM

Hi Kelly! ~:wel3fc:Looking forward to getting to know you:)

2Bthin ~ Please do not, I repeat, DO NOT under any circumstances mail me any Reeses cups!!!! Actually, now you mention what they are, they do sound kind of familiar ... we get lots of imported stuff from the US/UK, and around Halloween time we have lots of candy goodies from the US, and I do seem to remember some peanut butter chocolate covered thingies from the past ... thank goodness it's only once a year!!

Well done on cutting down on the soda at home ... now all you need to do is take a different route when you're out and avoid Mcdonald's, but I guess that's not so simple!

Sorry about the lack of daily menus, I'll get my act together and start posting mine again ... what about everyone else's??

Have a good weekend everyone!:)

SunshineRunner 07-18-2008 11:33 PM

Hello Everyone!

:welcome: Kelly - glad you could join us here. You will find lots of support and helpful advice from folks who are going through the same things you are! Just stick around and you will make it!

2bthin - Congrats on cutting back sodas at home - do you think you could reduce the size you get at McD's from a Large to a Medium? That might be a good step in the right direction. I know - there is a huge difference in the size between the two - but it's a habit you are going to have to work at in order to get to where you are going. Just remember - 310 calories!!! Glad that WW is providing you some helpful advice...price sounds steep - but you may find it helpful to have folks in front of you with some of the same issues you are facing. BTW - your schedule is horrendous!!! How the heck do you do it? You definitely need to schedule in some "me time" so you can meditate, exercise, or just take a breather. I know you love your kids - but c'mon.....you aren't showing a lot of love to you!!! You do need to find time for yourself....but I know you will figure that one out!!

HongKong - I definitely won't ship you Reese's Cups - they are so fabulous you just really can't have them around. It's very difficult to stop at one or even at 10. They are fabulous!!!

Beginme - Back to those Reese's - they might just have to be on the "no list" until you've gotten your weightloss down a bit more. I found that when I was heavier and losing more rapidly - that one stupid thing like that would mess up my weight loss - however, now that I'm smaller and losing more slowly - I can eat things like that and they aren't effecting my weight loss.

As for menu's - I can't give y'all one at all cause I'm leaving at 5am for Savannah, GA and then to Linville, NC to visit family. Will be gone until Wednesday when I hope to get home in time to get to the gym. I will have gym access at my Aunt's house in Linville, but who knows how much I'll be able to use it....will be doing a lot of walking and hope to hike in the mountains somewhat.

EVERYONE KEEP IT TOGETHER WHILE I'M GONE!!! I'LL DO SOME SERIOUS BUTT KICKING WHEN I GET BACK IF YOU GUYS AREN'T STAYING ON TRACK!!! I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT I WANT THIS FOR ALL OF YOU JUST AS BAD AS I WANTED IT FOR MYSELF...NOW IF ONLY I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO EXERCISE FOR YOU GUYS AS WELL! ;) J/K Have a great time while I'm gone - see you all when I get back...and who knows, maybe we'll have some more newbies when I get back home!

~Amanda :)

TheKel 07-19-2008 01:51 PM

I think it's Nabisco but one of those companies has a 100 calorie bag of Reese's snacks. There are some Reese's Pieces and peanut butter chips and a couple crunchy things in there that I don't like as much.

Peanut butter is my heroin, and I was so excited to find a bag of peanut butter snacks that are only 100 calories a pop. And thus far, I've managed to eat one bag at a time.

(This is due more to luck than will power on my part.)

beginme 07-20-2008 10:33 PM

Well, I haven't done as well the past couple of days, but I'm getting back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a good day today.

Fat in Hong Kong 07-20-2008 11:20 PM

I have had a really, really busy weekend. My eating has been all over the place again!! Consequently, I've had a gain:mad:which isn't in the least bit surprising, but all down to my own stupid fault! In a way it's done me a bit of a favour ... it's given me the shock that I need to pull myself back on track properly. I'm not going to alter my ticker as that gain will not be hanging around ... it will be gone by next week!

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Fat in Hong Kong 07-21-2008 04:59 AM

Back Again!

Ok, I've been giving my eating plan some thought today. Decided that I'm not totally happy with the plan I've been following ... not because of this weeks gain, that was just my fault for overeating and not writing everything down! But basically because I find I have to 'think' too much about the plan ... it's all about food combining, such as if you choose to eat lots of protein one day, you're limited to the amount of carbs you can eat, and vice versa. Which is actually great in the respect that you never really feel hungry, but it is all too easy to overeat on it.

Anyway, I've decided to go back to counting calories, pure & simple. I know I said previously that I can become a bit obsessive about it, but at least I'll be able to keep track more easily with regards to how much I am actually eating.

Who else is doing calorie counting? I've checked out a few websites with regards to how many calories I should be consuming each day, and although they varied slightly, it seems that around 1600 per day is what I should be allowing to start off with. I've bought myself a new note book and I've started tracking again properly today, so we'll see how it goes ......

2Bthinagain 07-24-2008 09:30 AM

Hey girls - we've had company the last several days and I am about to run off to take kids to swim lessons - I'll catch up on all of your posts later today and write again.
As for me - I'm back in a funk - mental - but I'll get over it. I just need to cheer up and remember Disney is just 2 months away!

SunshineRunner 07-24-2008 11:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone!!! I'm back from my vacation to Savannah, GA & Linville, NC - I had a great time and really enjoyed myself. I ate lots of rich foods, but within reason. I also stayed active my entire trip with walking around and hiking mountains. It was a great time.

I was afraid that while away that I may gain a pound or two, cause I wasn't getting in the fiber I normally do, but I actually lost a pound - I woke up this morning at 156lbs! Yay! I certainly didn't know that could happen!

Well, I hope everyone gets back on track and joins me in this journey of a lifetime! Missed you all and thought of you often!

I'll get some photos for everyone later...

beginme 07-24-2008 11:34 PM

Hey everyone.....I'm still off program and eating like cr@p. Fat in HK, when I am on program, I do calorie counting. It really does work.......if you stick with it. I'm hoping to get back ON program next week. Monday's always a good day isn't it?

SunshineRunner 07-26-2008 08:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone! It's almost August and I see a few of us aren't checking in as much as we were....I hope you all find yourselves back on track and back in this forum. Believe it or not, the support here is what keeps all of us on track. :)

Beginme - what's wrong with getting back on track today? I know my mother doesn't start anything new unless it's a monday (supersticious -sp???) but since you've already started this - and just fell off a little teensy weensy bit, it's not like you are starting something new, just restarting something old! Each day you wait - is one more day with the WEIGHT! Just a thought that crossed my mind this morning!

2bthin - YOU can do it!!! Gosh - I really don't have a clue how the heck you keep up with your busy life - no wonder focusing on weightloss is so difficult - but you'll find your rhythm one day soon and you'll never look back. And you'll be 70 some odd pounds lighter! Disney - you can lose probably 15-20lbs by then...c'mon - get back in gear and on the wagon. It's one we can never completely fall off of if we plan on being healthy for the rest of our lives!

HongKong - I'm a calorie counter. Although I am at the point now that I don't have to count the actual calories going in because I eat pretty routinely and know what I'm eating - but when I started calorie counting, I did it in conjunction with a Slim Fast shake for breakfast every day - it just made it easier for me. I also started out at 1200 calories per day....but found that I could still lose significantly at around 1400 calories per day. Right now I eat somewhere between 1200-1400 calories per day - but also find myself eating upwards of 2000 calories about once a week and still seeing losses. However, when I was in the height of my weightloss, I was very strict at recording all my meals at www.thedailyplate.com and watching my sodium/fiber/protein intakes to make sure they were all on track - seriously - this is one of the big things that kept me losing - keeping a log at TDP - it was easy enough to do and I always knew that when I went off plan that it would show - and it nearly always did. I love calorie counting and highly recommend it - but find that you have to get good healthy calories and good filling calories into your diet every day in order for it to work as well as it did for me.

TheKel - how are things going for you? I hope you are keeping busy eating on plan and getting in some good exercise.

Speaking of exercise - I know you ladies haven't fully committed to it yet - and I started losing weight by first starting an exercise plan that I could stick to and then changing my eating habits. I don't know - I guess I just did it in reverse of everyone else. When I joined the gym, I was only going 2 nights per week and was barely able to do 5 minutes on the elliptical without huffing and puffing. I used the elliptical because it was easy on my knees, and it kinda feels like running....but over time I strengthened up, lost a bunch of weight, and moved over to the treadmill - where as many of you now know, I run 5 nights a week and do at least a 5k. I'm hoping to work my way up to 10k by the end of the year....that will be difficult, but I want to race competitively. I also lift weights for about 45 minutes/night.....in any case - I guess I lost my train of thought on this here - but what I wanted to say was - get out there and get exercising. Once you've lost the weight - you don't want to be what many consider "skinny fat" - the scale says one thing, but your pant size says another. Toning up the body is key to getting the figure we all so desire...I hope you all get out there and just start walking more or doing a dvd or even join the gym - whatever works for you and your lifestyle!

On another note - I have a crush on a very very nice looking man at the gym. He's native american, 37 years old, divorced father of one child....of course, I was a spy in another life and he didn't tell me this info - but I found it in public records...gosh, I Know, I'm a freak. In any case, he started speaking to me about 3 weeks ago and he waits for me to be done with my workout and walks me out of the gym. He's given me lots of compliments (he's been working out with me since the beginning of my WL) and I find him checking me out in the mirrors all the time...of course I'm doing the same to him. He has a body to die for and is actually working at gaining weight! He's nice and kind and just "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". In any case, he hasn't asked me to go out or anything - albeit when we first started talking, he mentioned that we should run the beach together sometime - and last week when I left for vacation - he told me to be safe quite a few times on my trip and hugged me unexpectedly....I know, I'm probably reading way too far into this...but he even pointed out the moon one night last week and said that it was romantic looking!!!! Gosh, I just don't know what to do....I asked him last night as we were walking out what he was doing for the weekend - thereby giving him ample opportunity to ask me to do something...but he didn't - although he did state "i'll be here tomorrow around 11 or 12" and I said that I worked until noon so I couldn't be there that early - and he said, well maybe 1 or 2 then....so clearly he likes my company...but not enough to ask me to do something...in any case, I'll keep you all posted on this if you are interested. Also - neither of us normally works out on the weekends - but now I have to since he mentioned it!!! Hopefully we both get there at similar times so that we can chitty chat a lot! :)

Ugh! Enough of that - thanks for listening ladies!

Talk to you all soon!
~A

TheKel 07-26-2008 12:30 PM

So far so good. I lost another pound (down to 197). :) I did realize that I was getting pretty obsessive (not so much here, but on my other blog and with friends) and I was like, "You know, I can't make this diet my whole life." Because I hadn't lost a pound in days and I started feeling awful and discouraged and it's like, ohhhhh, I suck.

So, long story short (too late!), I resolved to continue to make healthy food choices and go to the gym as often as possible, but to stop guilt-tripping myself if I skipped a day or only had two glasses of green tea or whatever. So I'm re-excited about the diet and about (hopefully) not feeling bad about myself anymore. :) Because that's the whole point of this diet, and by the end of last week, I was just feeling worse.

(Also, about your spy days? I do that too. Don't feel bad or freakish.) ;) Good luck with the gym guy! I want to meet someone too--hence part of this weight loss goal. Because right now, the thought of someone seeing me naked? Well. Not a good thought. :)