3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   That 70's Show - Getting Groovy in June! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/143229-70s-show-getting-groovy-june.html)

beginme 07-14-2008 12:58 PM

Well, I sneaked and got on the scale. I lost 3 lbs. last week!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Hang in there girls, it really does get easier once those good days start outnumbering the bad ones. I can't believe I haven't had ANY candy or sugary treats in an entire week. The cravings aren't as bad as they were at first, but are still there. I'm going to muscle through them and hope that they'll go away in 21 days.

2Bthinagain 07-14-2008 05:53 PM

beginme - Woo Hoo on the 3 pound loss !!! That's awesome!!!

Amanda - I forgot to post last time - that no I have not tried that cereal but will get some next we're at the store.. You are the fiber expert!! I love all the info you share w/ me!!!

SunshineRunner 07-15-2008 11:32 AM

Well Ladies - I have some FAB news - I was waiting for the scale to say 158lbs the past couple of days - but it wasn't budging - however, this morning I wake up and it says 157lbs!!! Very Very Exciting. Of course I'm about to go eat mexican food with a friend...so that may be out the window - but we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Ran my 5k last night in 36:23 - so getting close to beating my goal of under 36 minutes. Did some upper body workouts and then felt the need to run another mile - I just couldn't help myself...it was just great fun!

Beginme - congrats on the 3lb loss - don't feel like you are cheating by weighing yourself more than once a month - it is okay to do so!

2bthin - sorry about your bad day yesterday - I am 100% sure that you will figure everything out! How did your walk go?

Well, I gotta jet, I'll catch up later!

SunshineRunner 07-15-2008 06:17 PM

Where is everyone today? I was absent yesterday so this is payback, right??!!??! :)

Well, the burrito (which by the way, the entire drive the the Mexican restaurant - I was telling myself - get the salad...I failed miserably at doing that) was delicious - as always....but I've already checked out my scale weight this evening (yes, I'm a spastic weigher) and it hasn't effected me - I'm still hanging in at 157lbs. Of course I've been drinking this new tea I bought last week - Caramel Truffle - so I've been peeing all day long - which is great to get the sodium out from the burrito.....

I can't believe I am 2lbs from goal. It's amazing at the gym - honestly - either I'm self absorbed, or there are quite a few guys who check me out every single night. It's fun. Some of them even talk to me - bring up my weightloss, tell me how good I look...heck, one even invited me to run the beach with him one day this weekend...too bad I'm out of town...and too bad I'd be scared to fail miserably at that one!!! Maybe one day soon.

As far as how my weightloss went - there was definitely a pattern - the first few months I lost a bout 10lbs a month. - thru February - so about 5 months. I remember hitting 50lbs lossed because it happened the day I was headed out to go skydiving....after that, the last 20lbs have definitely been here and there. I'd actually (at one point) gone a whole 6 weeks without losing anything...but then the past 4 weeks have been fairly consistent with about 1.5lbs/week. It's just weird how our bodies work. I really wanted to be at least to 155lbs (I may actually readjust my goal down to 145lbs after I hit the first goal I ever set...but seriously...once I hit 155lbs...I'm at goal and another 10lbs can be done as time permits!!!) when my new teaching job starts August 15th and it actually seems like it will happen. :) I don't know if you guys have ever felt this way - but when I was fat, I felt like I lost business and employment due to my looks (I sell real estate right now, but due to slowing market conditions, am picking up the teaching gig)....I remember after having gained the weight, and just graduating college, I'd go to interviews and not get the job...now you just don't know this about me - but if I'm given a challenge...I will 100% of the time win, and do it better than asked of me - so I know I'm a great hire in any field I'd be interested in - but I 100% believe that I lost $$$ from selling real estate and a few of those first job interviews (before real estate) because of my appearance. It's unfortunate but true. This has definitely been one of my motivating factors.

Ahhhh...well just a little rant I decided to go off on.

Due to my burrito laced lunch - I had a Slim Fast for breakfast, hot tea sweetened with Splenda thru the day - a fiber one bar, and will probably keep it light with some high fiber cereal (I have about 5 different kinds to choose from) post gym.....and then maybe something for a treat after that....but who knows....

Hope everyone is well!
~A

beginme 07-15-2008 07:14 PM

Well, I had a pretty good day today. I'm actually looking for a job right now and it is just TOUGH out there. I've interviewed twice for a position that I really want, but when I spoke to them today, they're still interviewing other candidates.....whatever that means. Part of me still thinks I have a shot, but part of me thinks that if they liked me, they'd just go on and hire me.

Please keep your fingers xxed. Food still pretty good.

SunshineRunner 07-15-2008 11:45 PM

Good Luck with the job hunt Beginme!

I did really well at the gym - decided I'd do more than my 3.1 miles (5K) and did 4.25 miles in 50:30...less than a 12 minute mile and it definitely felt good to get it out of my system. I'm really getting more and more into my running these days...must be cautious to not over do it! Will be headed to Savannah, GA for Sat/Sun and then to Linville, NC for Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed....so I'll be walking, but not really exercising....

Off to bed....

HongKong - where are you????

Fat in Hong Kong 07-16-2008 01:16 AM

I'm still here ... just about!:( Glad to hear that everyone else is doing well ... unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself. I'm having real difficulty getting back on track after my over the top weekend. Someone give me a good talking to, please.

2Bthinagain 07-16-2008 06:45 AM

Amanda - :carrot: woo hoo for being 2 lbs from goal ! I'm not surprised that you ate Mexican and the scale stayed the same. That's great. I don't remember your sky diving story from the past -- you are fearless. I think it's cool that the guys are checking you out in the gym.
:sigh: I remember those days well ! And I also know what you mean about job interviews....when I was a hot chick -- I knew I would get any job I applied for, and I did. Based on my appearance. Yes I was qualified, but I think the appearance sealed the deal. It is sad though isn't it?

Well good news for me -- I woke up at 5:30 and went for a walk. Yes I did !

Now I'm about to shower, get the kids ready and head over to watch Extreme Home Makeover again!

Have a good day girls!

SunshineRunner 07-16-2008 09:11 AM

2bthin - I went skydiving for a friend's bday in early February - weird thing is that I'm totally afraid of heights, high speeds, roller coasters, etc. It was a great experience - definitely well worth it! I was actually very amazed and woke up early that morning for the 2 hour drive to our drop zone - and when I weighed myself, I was down 50lbs...unexpectedly cause I hadn't been eating too well that week....it sealed the deal for me that I was gonna jump!

Extreme Makeover sounds fun - you should get some pictures of Ty?? I think his name is...he's hot! :) Are the kids enjoying it? Congrats on getting up super duper early and going for your walk. Do you have any clue how long the walk is? Are there any plans to increase distance over time? Or intensity? Either way, I'm just proud that you got up and did it.

I'm crazy exhausted this morning. I ran 4.25 miles (longest ever!) last night and then lifted weights - but I could not for the life of me fall asleep last night. I read a book until about 2am, then tossed and turned for at least another hour. Was up at 6:15am....so you can tell I'm not doing so well right now sleep wise. I'm at work now - then have an appointment at 1pm right after work...but hope to get a nap in before I get to the gym tonight...but we shall see - will probably have to turn off the ringers in order for that to work out in my favor!!!

HongKong - do we need to do some butt kicking around here???? Do you really want to weight what you weigh now a month from now? I don't think so!!! Get back on track, record your calories, focus on the positive and you will get there - it will become second nature - living a healthier lifestyle that is! Plus - you've already lost 3lbs! I just did the math -but you are 5% done with your journey - in just 2 weeks time!! Pretty good if you ask me. Keep your chin up and don't leave us hanging here - or we'll start to talk some crap about you :) j/k!

Okay - I'm going to have a cup of tea and pray for it to wake me up!
~A

beginme 07-16-2008 04:08 PM

Well, I'm having another good day, girls!! Hong Kong---it just feels SOOOOOOO good to be on track!!! Get back with it, girl!

SunshineRunner 07-16-2008 10:09 PM

Well Ladies - I'm a little down in the dumps today. I'm hoping it will go away by tomorrow. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, no nap later in the day - and am training my replacement at work to no avail (seriously - she's pretty much absent minded)...all this just frustrated me today to the point of my normally calm and collected self (seriously - i get lots of compliments for my positivity in dealing with everyday life - don't get me wrong, i'm no super duper happy girl, but i've learned to deal) well...today I just went over the deep end - I called my friend and our office manager and just went crazy about all the stuff this girl could not do or was not doing in a timely manner or just did wrong. Granted, this is just a part time job in a vet office, it's not difficult, and we are a very small office (5 employees total - including the doc!)...bottom line - this girl has got to be the box of rocks I think she is if I can't handle her. Ugh.

Due to lack of sleep and overstressing today - my workout was difficult. I stuck through it though (even though I kept telling myself I didn't have to!) and did my 3.1 (5K) miles - not a great time, but not awful either....then did weightlifting for the better part of an hour. My jiggly arms are really starting to come together.

Eating was okay today - but I honestly took a melatonin 30 minutes ago and am about to pass out...will check in in the morning.

Good night..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fat in Hong Kong 07-16-2008 11:12 PM

Hi Ladies - Thanks for the talking to ... you've helped to lift my spirits up!! I know I've been stupid over the past few days ... I'd been really good previously with writing everything down that I'd eaten and posting it everyday, which was a great help ... then the minute I stopped, look what happened! I do feel really, really angry that I've let myself slip and probably undone any progress that I'd already made. Anyway, today is a new day and I'm going to push what's happened out of my mind and just carry on as I should be. I've got a couple of girlfriends coming over for dinner tonight but I've already devised a good healthy calorie counted meal which I intend to stick to!!

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm very impressed with you all ... you seem to be on a roll!! I'm going to try my hardest to join you and not let the side down!!

SunshineRunner 07-17-2008 12:20 PM

HongKong - glad you are back and getting back in gear. Slip ups happen, this most likely won't be the last. Just don't forget about us - we are here to motivate you - we won't ever judge or frown upon you - although we may kick your butt when necessary :)

2Bthinagain 07-17-2008 01:12 PM

Amanda - as for my walk - my DH wakes up at 5:30 and leaves the house at 6:30am, so while he is getting dressed and having breakfast -- the kids are still sleeping - that is when I walk...I only have the one hour. Perhaps in time I will try to "jog" -- that's all the more intense I can get.
Did NOT wake up today to do it again though. Why?
Here was my day yesterday:

5:30 am - 6:30am -outside walking
6:30 - 7:30 - getting kids dressed and fed and teeth brushed
7:30 left for Extreme Home Makeover
7:45 get there, park, catch bus (outside)
8am - 9:30 am - outside watching EHM
9:30 - 10 - home for kids to potty and get sunscreen
10 - leave for the pool
10:15 - 11am - swimming lessons (outside)
11AM - home again
11:30 - noon - inhale lunch with kids
Noon - friend with kids arrives
Noon - 4:30 pm - outside with friends and kids
5pm - inhale dinner
6pm - 7pm - baseball practice for one child (outside)
7pm - 8:15 pm - Tball game for another child (outside)
8:30 - home again home again jiggy jig. Kids get bath and in bed by 8:45
9pm - I'm EXHAUSTED !!! - I swear I was outside ALL darn day !!!!

Amanda - sorry about your co-worker - I do not miss those days, that's for sure! Hope it's getting better, especially since you had the chance to vent about it.
Fat in HK - you are NOT stupid !! We're all going thru the same thing. Just look at what Amanda has accomplished! It's not easy -- but we'll all get there!
Beginme -- yippee for another good day!!!

beginme 07-17-2008 03:34 PM

Well........now it's my turn for a good "talking to". The blasted Reese's Cups won this time. Yikes.

Getting back on program as I type, but I hope I haven't done too much damage.

Hope you ladies are doing better today than I am.