Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I have those large floor to ceiling windows all over my house too. 33 of them last count I think. I find that window blinds hide them quite nicely I hate doing windows - not for cleaning them but for trying to get out those stupid streaks.

It's storming here. Mom is concerned that the flooding in Milwaukee will affect her flight. I tried to reassure her she will be ok. We are both saying novenas (prayers) tho she is a bit panicky that she seems to have lost her favorite Jesus necklace. She pretends it's nothing but I know better. I have searched this house and called to him but if he's hiding, he's doing a very fine job. I just hope she doesn't fret too much - 81 year olds fret alot.

We had the most marvelous time tonight. Watched some TV - an amazing adventure show on the learning channel as well as some silly summer replacement show full of videos of people doing silly things and falling down in the process. I don't know how it came up but Mom said that my BIL is not fond of her frequent use of the word sh*t. (I apologize ahead of time if I offend anyone - then read no further...) Mom and I happen to think that is an all purpose word that covers a gamut of emotions - surprise, anger, disgust, kidding around. So to prove that I got some of my bizarre sense of humor from her, we started making a running commentary to the television show all using phrases with the 4 letter word in it. We nearly fell on the floor laughing several times and we had tears in our eyes and narrowly escaped some accidents. You may feel this is most unbecoming of 2 grown women - particularly genteel southern women but my excuse is that I am a brawling south (read "sout") side Chicagoan at heart who is prim and proper when I need to be and rolling in the aisles with my family when I can do so. The laughter was soooo good for the soul. DH and I laugh but Mom and I were especially goofy this week. I'm going to miss her. But both DH and I are chipping away at the resolve for her to stay put in her own home. I even told her I'll take out one of the windows in the master suite downstairs and put in a door to the outside if she felt she needed her own entrance

Hard to believe that a year has come and gone already Shad. Seems like just last month we were enjoying that porch music, having panic attacks in the caves and selecting fireplace grates. It was great fun. If we move to the Nashville area next time we'll make you a country and western star Thank you for getting in a workout for me - I feel better but I think you could have pushed it a bit more, don't you?

And despite the loud claps of thunder, I have to hit the hay - we're getting up quite early to get to the airport tomorrow. I probably won't be posting in the morning.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #32  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

happy
Ammonia is great stuff. Ammonia and news papers. You get a clean real quickly with no streaks. I love the old floor to ceiling windows. I have always thought those were so great. These are stupid they are real wide. Who needs two huge windows in a spar bedroom lol. I am glad you had a wonderful time with your mother. She sure doesn't need to get upset about things at her age. This should be a time in life for her that is stress free.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:50 AM   #33  
Choose your hard

Shy - I have tried ammonia, newspapers, plain newsprint, Windex, vinegar, Dawn dish detergent (for a streak free shine), dish washer detergent. Various products, towels and devices. I am fully convinced that some windows just like to streak. The best thing I have found is a squeegee but I have those windows that are divided into tiny little squares which makes using a squeegee a real adventure. I have decided life is too short to fuss over perfect windows so I have cleaned them as good as I can, donned my purple hat, took my dessert fork (both references to some very wise essays) and went in search of getting excited about my life
Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 AM   #34  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Really sorry, I'm going back tomorrow and I will put an extra kilo or two on the bar.

Really the cheek of the woman. Give her 15 mins on the bike, 15 on the eliptical and 15 on the treadie, plus a free weight workout and she wants more!!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey hey hey Worldly Chickies....

Great day for ducks around here. Supposed to stop raining until at least Tuesday. Hoorah!!

1 Day...glad to hear doggie is on the mend, slowly but surely. Get back on track girlie.

Rennie..Enjoy the weather, this Indiana stuff is on it's way to you.

Happy...The basket was not ruined. The plastic liner caught most of the water and saved the day.

Shad...the kids know about Dave. My older brother also knows.

Went to bed at 6 pm last night and didn't wake up till 5 this morning. Making up for the night before I guess.

Hello to everyone.

Love and hugs
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #36  
Choose your hard

Cheeky old aren't I?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #37  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

Mother Nature definitely reigns supreme in Wisconsin. Yesterday, a popular tourism lake in Wisconsin Dells, Lake Delton, breached its banks, took out a road and five super expensive lake front homes and is now a mud hole. Many people in Milwaukee and surrounding suburbs had waist high flooding in their basement. Our subdivision is atop a gravel hill, so we are dry.

Annie - I'm glad you and your family and house are safe. How exciting that Dave is coming to stay the weekend. Glad to hear your bathroom sink is fixed.

Patty - I'm glad to hear that Blackie is eating! I can imagine your relief. It's back on track for you (and for me).

Rennie - Speaking of bears, my DMIL left a box of cookies in her room....and one of my doggies found it and ate nearly the whole thing. I asked her why she didn't just leave them in the cupboard in the kitchen...she said she likes them as late night snacks. So I said, would you leave food in your tent if you were camping in bear country? Think of our dogs as bears! They will sniff out food and eat it. Not sure that camping analogy would get me to enjoy cooking and cleaning. And hey, since your house is clean, want to come do mine?

Happy - That's a sweet story about your mom and the shirts. I give my DMIL shirts too when she finds one of mine that she likes. I also gave her a coat of mine that was a fall coat for Wisconsin but a perfect winter coat for California. The car repairs will be between $700 and $750. We were going to get gutter covers or pay off some credit cards with the stimulus money. Oh well. I really wish my website side jobs would pick up. It's been a slow year or so. After DMIL leaves, I may look for a second job at a Petco. As you said, at least we are dry, safe and the house is in good shape. A lot of folks are a lot worse off. You mentioned pollution...in Silicon Valley, California, the air is always brownish haze and really messes with my asthma whenever I go there. Funny that here, I forget I even have asthma as it hardly ever acts up. My DMIL always loves coming to Wisconsin to see our gorgeous blue sky and breathe the clean fresh air. I think your mom will be able to get home fine. Most of the areas are cleaned up from the flooding, except the Dells (Lake Delton) and Waukesha. I didn't hear about too much flooding in Illiniois. I too use the word sh*t a lot...I also use crap for when I'm at work. Glad you and your mom had such a laughing good time. I sure hope she will come live with you soon. You two have such a grand time together. My DMIL and I worked on a puzzle last night. I didn't help much....but I enjoy spending time with her as you do with your mom.

Shad - Good for you for getting to the gym. I took a walk yesterday after work, which felt good. Today after work I'm going Miniature Golfing with co-workers as a team building event. Should be fun. I'll walk at lunch if it's not raining.

Mel - I agree with the rest of the ladies...stay in if it smells outside. That can't be good. I heard on the weather that you're getting the storms we had. Be careful. And I hope you stay safe and dry.

I've got a very busy day ahead so I must get going!

Love and to all!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #38  
Rennie

Annie
We had about 10 min of down poor a few min ago and that was it. Now we have heat and high humidity again lol.

di
If I come and clean your house will you come and put up with my kids today. I am just in no mood to put up with them fighting with each other lol. There has NEVER been food allowed out of the kitchen or dinning room. They have enough food in their rooms to open a store lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #39  
Creating a Healthier Me

Rennie - It's a deal. I'll bring my dogs over to tire your kids out so they're too exhausted to fight and you come clean my house. I have no problem with my DMIL eating snacks or whatever in her room, but I know my doggies well enough to know that they will FIND food. No matter how well the food is hidden, they will hunt it down, and eat it all. Just like me.

Last edited by diyana; 06-10-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #40  
Creating a Healthier Me

I forgot to mention....I just got back from an hour long brisk walk! I walked about 4 miles, and I feel great! I'm still down in the dumps a bit about finances, but it's amazing how well a bit of sweat lifts my mood.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #41  

Height: 5'5"

Just a quickie for me today...no flooding around me, but some farther up north towards WI. Thankfully just regular thunderstorms, not too much wind...so no tornado warnings. Both yesterday and today have been sunny. Will try to make it to the gym tomorrow as I am feeling better, will just take is slow, as everything tires me out!! Later chicas!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #42  
Rennie

di
One of the reasons I don't want food in their rooms is that I DON'T want the animals to find it lol. The animals eat their own food and that is all the food they are allowed. I don't spend a ton of money on them good dog food for the kids to let them eat junk lol. Nice going on the walking.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #43  
Creating a Healthier Me

Rennie - I totally agree with you about animals finding food in other rooms. It's not healthy for them.

Ellen - Glad you're feeling better and that you didn't get any rain damage or storm damage. Listen to your body and take it slow at the gym.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #44  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH...YOUR PICS AND AVATAR ARE JUST GORGEOUS. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE OUR BACKYARD LOOK LIKE YOUR PIC! GOOD LUCK WITH DISNEY...WITH A NAME THAT CUTE HOW COULD ANYTHING GO WRONG

HELLO MISS HAPPY!!! NOT MUCH NEW HERE EITHER!...I SEE YOU POSTED AGAIN...YES YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT SOMEONE WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH. TOOK ME 40 YEARS BUT LATELY, JEN IS THRILLED WITH ALL MY CHOICES!! HOPE THE DAY WITH MOM WAS SPECIAL

HELLO CEEJAY AND HOPE MATT ARRIVED WITH THE PARTS!!

PATTY...GOOD LUCK WITH THE DOG AND GETTING BACK ON TRACK!

RENNIE....AT LEAST YOUR WINDOWS DO GET DONE!

SHAD.....I WOULD DO THE ANTI-RAIN DANCE BUT THEN YOU JUST MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER DROUGHT!!! HOPE THE JOB IS GOING WELL AND THE GARDEN AND THE DS! IS SUNDAY STILL DRAPED AROUND YOUR NECK OR WRAPPED AROUND YOUR LEGS????

NO SOONER DID I POST THIS AND FOUND ANOTHER WHOLE PAGE OF POSTS!! I WILL READ THEM NOW BUT SKIP THE PERSONALS. SO SORRY.

I WENT FOOD SHOPPING ON A BUS WITH NO A/C IN 97* WEATHER BUT I HAD TO GO. THE BUSSES ARE GOING INTO THE SHOP AND THIS WAS MY LAST CHANCE WITH WILLY SO I WENT.
I AM JUST GRATEFUL I LIVED TO TELL THE TALE! GOD HELP ME IT WAS SWELTERING ON THAT BUS AND WILLY WAS ABOUT DROPPING FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION AFTER CARRING PILES OF GROCERIES FOR 13 PEOPLE AND MINE TOO.....AND I ONLY BOUGHT THE BARE ESSENTIALS TO GET ME THRU THE LOSS OF BUSSES AND THE HEAT WAVE. POOR SOD.

NOTHING NEW. LOTS OF OFFICE DRAMA. I DID WHAT I COULD TO GET STUFF DONE FOR THE SENIORS. THE USUAL BS. I AM TIRED TO SAY THE LEAST! GOING TO SHOWER AND GET DINNER IM MY BELLY. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-10-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #45  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TO ANNIE, MICHELLE AND ELLEN TOO. I JUST FOUND YOU THREE ON THIS PAGE AS WELL. WITH ALL THESE STORMS OUT YOUR WAY I AM SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOUR SAFETY!! FOR ALL OF YOU!
Closed Thread