Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #136  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies!!! So I Am without a car today. DH woke up to a flat in his car, so Since I knew he had to get going I told him to just take mine. My sis is thankfully coming over so I can use her car to take DD1 to her dentist appt (we already resch once). Then if my brother comes with my sis I will walk him thru how to change the tire...so that Dh does not have to do it later.

If the tire getts changed then I will take the car up to get the tire fixed. If not I still have to fold all my laundry, as my headache came back and lasted all day. Busy, busy life!!!!

Have to get ready to go...and still have to eat...Later ladies!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning ladies,

Mel
I'm with you on the sinus issue. However, mine has been due to being in extremely cold a/c rooms. It felt good getting outside.

Happy
I'm sure the dh will be okay. Call him every now and then to hear his voice.

Michelle, Annie and Shad Hello
Old 06-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #138  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay52 View Post
Happy
I'm sure the dh will be okay. Call him every now and then to hear his voice.
I can't - apparently somewhere along the trip he lost his cell phone. He thinks he might have accidently dumped it in the garbage at the rest stop. Went back - garbage is still there but no phone. I called it several times but no one answered and it was not in the immediate vicinity of his hearing (ie. slipped in the seat or something).

As Roseanne Rossannadanna said "Goes to show you, it's always sumpin' "

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-19-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #139  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Time to get up and go again. I didn't make the gym yesterday and I won't today either, but I did make some big strides in the doco yesterday and another day today may just break the back of it and it will all be downhill from here. Just need another day like yesterday.
I still have all the HR/PY stuff to do, but since they have taken so long to decide yes or no, I am not going to get excited about that. We will use what we can and bludgeon the rest out of Adelaide. It's not totally my problem anymore.
Around 4pm yesterday, the brain went into meltdown and refused to play Finance games anymore, so I went out into the garden and attacked the weeds. The rose garden looks so much better now. I will try to do the same today and get rid of the worst of the weeds in what used to be the vege garden. I'm also going to try to get some housework done so I have some spare time over the weekend to gather my wits and get on with life and not work.

Annie - good to hear you are calming down about your 'social' life. Things will work out as they should - it's in the Desiderata (The universe will unfold as it should) Drinks sound good. And enjoy the trip to St Louis. Is the fair on there (Meet me in St Louis, Louis, meet me at the fair) Now I will be singing that most of the day.

Michelle - I try not to take too much time off gym. Can't have Happy all bloated and grungy, but sometimes you just have to sacrifice. I'll get back there tomorrow, but she is going to have to do it for me today.

Ceejay - glad class is over for you. Now you can enjoy what is left of your holiday. I wish the aunt well.

Mel - dieting by proxy is not on. Sorry, but if the rest of us have to suffer - why not you? Get those chairs done now before you call the wrath of the gods down on you and there is nothing for you to wander around in. It's Murphy's law you know.
I have the windows and doors permanently open around here. It's been a bit cool this winter, but I hate being shut in. We are in for another foggy day but it is lifting so I will go hang the washing out (again) shortly. Didn't dry properly yesterday, so back it goes today. DS2 is keeping out of my way because I am making noises about moving the clothes line. The trees have grown up and it doesn't get the sun and air that it used to.

Happy - Hope the DH gets there and back okay. What a bloody nuisance losing his phone. It's such a pain because you have to program back all the numbers and reset all the programs yet again. Not to mention the expense of a new phone. How inconvenient for him. He'll be tired when he gets in tonight.
Sorry to hear that the TBL challenge has petered out. But I am not surprised. The marathon thingy seems to be having the same problem. It seems that a particular challenge works only once. Then you have to try something completely different. Don't know why but it just is.

Right, time for the shower, breakfast, clear the decks and get moving on AP, AR and Project Accounting. Last three coming up! AR is done, just needs tweaking and approval. Should get through at least one more today.

Last edited by Shad; 06-19-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #140  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Good Morning Shaddie

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

--- Max Ehrmann, 1927

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-21-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #141  

Now how did I know someone would come up with the complete thing. Not sure about the authentication of it. The poster I have comes from a church in England circa 1640. Bit earlier than 1927. I think Max may have translated it or something.

Thanks Mel.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #142  
Happy September

ANNIE...THE TRIP SOUNDS GREAT!! CAN WE ALL COME???? GOTTA LOVE THE COMBO!!
I TOOK YOUR ADVICE AFTER I WOKE UP AND TURNED ON THE A/C!! FEELING MUCH BETTER...JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT FRESH AIR CAN BE DANGEROUS TO OUR HEALTH

MICHELLE....NOW THE 4 MILES WAS A WALK...SO IS THE 2.5 MILES JUST A LITTLE STROLL? WHEN YOU EXERCISE YOU MEAN BUSINESS!

HAPPY...SOME TIMES I FEEL LIKE CHOPPED CHICKEN LIVER IN THE OFFICE. SO I SEND YOU AND SOME PAINT! PAINT YOURSELF A LOVELY COLOR AND THEN THEY JUST MIGHT NOTICE YOU! SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO THE DH!!

CEEJAY....I WAS SO COLD BEFORE, I TOOK A HOT SHOWER!! I THINK THIS WEATHER IS MIXING ME UP!! NO WONDER IT FELT SO GOOD TO GET OUTSIDE...YOU NEEDED TO THAW OUT

SHAD...SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS AND MIND FULL BETWEEN THE HOUSE, GARDEN AND WORK. NO WONDER YOU DIDN'T GET TO THE GYM. BY THE WAY...HOW DO YOU STILL LIKE THE KITCHEN!! IS IT ALL FILLED UP YET? IF I HIT THE LOTTERY...YOU CAN COME AND DECORATE MY HOUSE AND REFIT IT FOR ACCESSIBILITY...THIS WAY YOU CAN QUIT ALL THAT...AP, AR and Project Accounting AND LET US NOT FORGET THE HR/PY SOUNDS AWFUL!! YOUR POST REMINDED ME THAT I NEVER FINISHED READING THAT PIECE OF PROSE I BEGAN SOOOO LONG AGO. WENT IN SEARCH OF IT AND THOUGHT I'D SHARE IT AS WELL. I EVEN BREOUGHT IT HERE ONE FLOWER AT A TIME!

I THOUGHT I WOULD SAY SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD MORNING ALL IN ONE POST FOR TOMORROW. I AM GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET AND I MIGHT EVEN GET A RIDE TO A NEARBY STORE. NOT DEFINITE YET. I DID SOME SLEEPING AND SORTING. EVEN ORGANIZED THE BATHROOM AND CLEANED IT! LESS IS BETTER!

SO HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW AND GET READY FOR THE WEEKEND

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-19-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #143  

Nope, the kitchen is not yet filled. Still some space there, but there are still a lot of boxes down in the shed.
I'll be over to give you a kitchen you can enjoy. Soon as I can afford it! You know I have THE most expensive tastes!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #144  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

eek. We've almost slid to page 2.

DH got home late in the afternoon safe and sound. Except that he forgot to take keys for both of the locks so he had to wait for me to come home and let him in. All is well. I'm happy.

Had a good conversation with my manager yesterday. We are alot alike. It was a good sanity check.

I'm running late today - didn't want to get up so personals will have to wait until tonight.

Happy Friday all...
Old 06-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #145  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A Fabulous Friday to my Fave Friends!

I am SO thrilled it's Friday and I'm in SUCH a great mood. Gotta love those endorphins! I did a weights class last night followed by 1/2 hour on the elliptical. It felt so good! In the weights class, another woman and I even told the instructor that we should do a couple more exercises. I'm probably going out to dinner tonight, so there may not be time for the gym. But hopefully I can get a walk in at lunch or this evening (weather permitting - we're supposed to have some rain today).

Happy - I'm glad DH got back just fine. I hope you were able to get more rest than the previous night. And I hope that your work day goes better. That's good that you had a nice talk with your manager. As for the TBL challenge, I totally understand how you can get off track when your mom was visiting. I'm having difficulty sticking 100% to my eating plan with DMIL around.

Ellen - Sounds like a hectic day for you yesterday. I hope you were able to get the tire fixed and all your errands run.

CeeJay - I hope you have a great day today!

Shad - Congrats on making such great progress in your work and in your garden! YGG! Happy should feel less bloated as I worked out hard enough for the both of us yesterday!

Mel - Thanks for posting the Desiderata. As for my miles of walking...I consider them all good exercise, unless I'm just strolling around a craft fair or farmers market. But whether I walk at lunch or walk on the treddie at the gym...I glisten excessively (read: I work up a great sweat). I just LOVE how great it feels to work out. I still can't get over how addicted to exercise I have become. I'm glad that the A/C is helping your sinuses.

Well, I've got lots to get done today so I'd better get a move on!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #146  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday....car all packed, made it into work about 10. Nationwide Ins Adjuster came out to check out my roof that was damaged by the storms. Turns out I need half a roof. The front side. Oh brother, just fix it. $500.00 deductible. There goes the stimulus check. Open doors, close the window deal. Thank you Jesus for assisting me. Amen.

Anyway DD and I are taking off right from work to St. Louis. I can hardly wait and this day is moving slow.

Everyone has a marvelous weekend and I will check in when I return from St. Louis.

Love and Hugs
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #147  

afternoon ladies

Not much going on here.

Everyone enjoy their week end.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #148  
Happy September

ANNIE THE SENTENCE ABOUT JESUS MADE ME LAUGH BUT I CAN REALLY APPRECIATE WHERE IT IS COMING FROM BECAUSE JUST TODAY I HAD A TALK WITH HIS FATHER AND THE DAY SEEMED TO GO MUCH BETTER!
HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS

CEEJAY....SOS OVER HERE AS WELL BUT THE WEATHER IS GORGEOUS!! WILL YOU HANG A COPY OF YOUR RENEWED LICENSE AT WORK???

MICHELLE~ AS MUCH AS I AM NOT ADDICTED TO EXERCISE....I WILL SAY THAT WHEN I DO IT, I REALLY FEEL PUMPED. SO WHEN I READ YOUR POSTS, IT MOTIVATES ME TO GET MY OWN BUTT OFF HERE AND GO DO MY PEDALS.

HAPPY~ I AM VERY GLAD TO HERE HUBBY IS HOME SAFE AND SOUND!! THANKS GOD FOR SMALL FAVORS! GLAD TOO YOU AND BOSS HAD A CHIN WAG. GETS THE AIR CLEARED. I HAD A SMALL CHAT WITH MINE AND FELT MUCH BETTER. I EVEN TOLD HER ABOUT YOUR CARD. WE BOTH NEEDED A PRESCRIPTION FOR "HAPPY" TODAY!

I THINK I WILL TRY ONE OF MY MEDITATION OR CHAKRA CLEANSING DVDS THIS WEEKEND. HAVE TO FIND THEM AND DUST THEM OFF. THIS WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHERE PEOPLE TRY TO BRING YOU DOWN EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND. YA KNOW THOSE TYPES? I AM SURE WE ALL DO. WELL I SAID SCREW THIS TO MYSELF, GOT ON THE BUS AND WENT FOOD SHOPPING. HAD A GOOD TIME, RAN INTO SOME "FRIENDS", KISS KISS, HUG HUG, FOUND SOME BARGAINS AND CAME HOME.
THERE WAS OFFICE DRAMA BUT I KEPT DRIVING AND WENT OUTSIDE SAYING IF ANYONE WANTED TO TALK THEY COULD DO IT IN THE BACKYARD. ONE BY ONE THEY CAME OUT, I SHOWED THEM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS WASTING A GORGEOUS DAY LIKE TODAY. ONE BY ONE THEY WENT BACK IN HAPPY. SEE WHAT ONE PATIENT WOMAN CAN DO. MAGIC. THEN THE INJURED WOMAN OF LAST WEEK WAS TRYING TO FORCE A FIST FULL OF MONEY ON ME FOR CLEANING HER UP. I ABOUT HAD A STROKE TRYING TO TALK HER OUT OF IT. I FINALLY TOLD HER HOW CAN I GET INTO F*CKING HEAVEN IF YOU PAY ME FOR MY GOOD DEEDS?..... AND BEING THE GOOD CATHOLIC SHE IS...SHE FINALLY PUT THE MONEY BACK INTO HER PURSE. WE LAUGHED BUT I WENT AWAY SADDENED THAT THESE SENIORS THINK THEY NEED TO PAY SOMEONE FOR BEING A GOOD SAMARITAN. WHAT IS THIS FOOKING WORLD COMING TO? AND THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME. I COULD BE RICH AND HAVE MY BILLS PAID IF I TOOK ALL THAT WAS OFFERED. I APPRECIATE THE THOUGHT BUT MONEY???COME ON NOW. SIGH.
THE DAY WAS GORGEOUS AND I DO MEAN GORGEOUS. I WAS OUTSIDE ALMOST ALL DAY SOAKING UP THE SUN AND BREEZES. KEEPING IN MIND LADIES THAT I AM SITTING HERE CRACKING MYSELF UP THAT I HOPE THIS COMES OUT RIGHT BUT....SOMETIMES I FEEL THAT WHEN I SIT IN THE YARD AND PEOPLE COME OUT TO ASK FAVORS, GET A JOB DONE OR AN ANSWER TO A PROBLEM...THAT MAYBE I SHOULD BE WEARING A BIG OL' GOLD RING WITH A HUGE STONE IN IT SO THEY CAN KISS IT!! I HAD ALL I COULD DO NOT TO LAUGH OUT LOUD TODAY CAUSE THE THOUGHT OF MARLON BRANDO AND AL PACINO KEPT GOING THRU MY HEAD. MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE MAKING A MOVIE CALLED THE GODMOTHER!
OK THAT WAS MY DAY AND IT WAS SUPERB. NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME. BALA IS COMING TOMORROW BUT NOT TILL 11:00 SO THAT MEANS A LATE NIGHT. BUT I AM READY FREDDY!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!
GOOD MORNING SUINSHINE

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-20-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #149  

Mel
(((hugs))) Isn't it nice to be outside.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #150  

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted lately. Things have been so hetic. My dog Blackie, is recoperating, but very slowly. Didn't realize how sensetive their GI tract was. I'm having to feed him small meals, otherwise he gobbles it up and gets sick. Work is hetic as usual too.. moving offices from the 19th floor to a lower one... As for me.. started back on my exercise program. Its so easy to say i'm stressed maybe tomorrow, but i have stuck to it. Tomorrow i'm actually starting a bootcamp program for (7) days. The food part of course will be the killer for me. I'm hoping this bootcamp will get my $ss in gear and I will continue to eat right after.

I'll come back tomorrow and post more personals...
Closed Thread