Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #91  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good and sunny Monday morning to you all. Wow, is all I can say about the amount of posts here lately. I guess I need to get back on track with checking in every morning and night. I can do that now....I finally got my cable modem up and running well and set to my liking.

Funny thing...to get the cable they gave us a free digital box. DH decided he wanted to upgrade to some preferred channels to get more sports and business programing. SO, today I called and ordered boxes for our bedroom t.v.s and the package with the channels he wants. Wow, was I surprised to see 5 movie channels I like and several home improvement and gardening shows. YAY! If we have to spend the winter in IN we will at least have good t.v. Mom likes the classic channels and game show network...so she is happy that she will get a box on her bedroom t.v. also. I told DH we might never see each other, we will be in different areas of the house all watching our own shows. (the funny part of this is they gave us a FREE box and it ended up costing us greatly.)

I had a busy and "bad" week-end and am now ready to keep my nose to the grindstone, so to speak. Fri. was the family dinner and all the goodies that go with that. I did pass on the meat and eat lots of fruit and veggies, but also potato salad and banana cake. So, not so good. Sat. I did ok by pushing the fresh fruit that was left over. Yesterday we went to the funeral home and then to eat with in-laws. Of course, Steak and Shake is not to OP friendly. So, bad, bad, bad. At least it was only 1 meal and I had eaten fruit for breakfast.

Today, I am waiting for it to warm up a little so I can plant some bulbs I bought last week. Then I will walk. Also doing Monday's Mt. Washmore...my bed linen day and all.

Agenda for the week is not too ambitious. Mom will be gone with her sis Tues. and Weds. I might call my BFF to go for lunch Wed. and to the nursery for plants.

What's on your calendar?

Last edited by suetalks; 05-12-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #92  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I wanted to say hello to all JL's and especially the new chickies. I will get to individuals this evening. But a big WELCOME to all.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #93  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in while the kids are napping!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am weighing in at 230 pounds! Only 100 more pounds until I hit my goal. But I have been wondering if I am setting my goal too low for myself. I am sure that I will reevaluate when I get closer to that number but for now I am going to leave it there!

I also started my new challenge yesterday......so for the next 8 weeks, I am going to be aiming for 10,000 steps a day! and in doing so, I am going to be walking across the US!!!

As far as what is on our plans this week, well nothing really until the end of the week. Brandon doesn't have school on Wednesday, and then Thursday we are all going to the zoo with his class. In fact, my MIL is going with us! We are getting in before the zoo officially opens so that we can beat the crowd, and from what I gather, all we have to do is meet his teacher at the gate, and then we will basically be on our own after that. I am going to make sure that we take the camera with us since it will be the first trip to the zoo for all three kiddos! Just do me all a favor please, can you please send some nice weather this way? Right now it is looking clear and 63, but Tommy has said that if it rains then we are not going. So, I am hoping that it stays clear because the kids are getting excited about the zoo!
Old 05-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick fly by. Yesterday, I heard from the 3 kids I new I would hear from. DH apologized for not taking me out to eat, but I actually had a great SBD P1 day. I'm really enjoying it. Hope every one has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Mindee - You are doing great and have a great plan. I'm sure you and the kiddos will enjoy the zoo.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #96  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Just a fast hello for now and an observation.

Mindee, my stats are similar to yours, just like Trish's. I'm going to be keeping an eye on the both of you!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

HI Ladies. I am glad everyone had a great Mothers Day. We had a "cookout" in the rain. It was fun, really, we had fun. We laughed and laughed you would have thought we were a bunch of teen girls. It was great.

We went in the rain and dug about 80 gallons of compost, got some bricks and had a wonderful afternoon.

Amanda~Your friend is right. It keeps one sane during a probmatic divorce. House plants are good therapy too. But there is nothing like getting out in the garden puttering around to ease stress, make you feel like you are contributing something back to nature, using your creativity for the good of all. Makes the hard times a little easier to handle.

Mindee~Thank you for your encouragement

Ruth~Thank you for your encouragement

Everyone~You are a great bunch of ladies.

Today was one of them there daze. My Neice and I left to go get more compost for her strawberries. We were going to go by her Grandmothers' house to borrow her tiller. We drove her 4 wheel drive Rodeo back to the shed to load the tiller. We got stuck to her axles in mud. Had to call a friend to come and pull us out. To discover the tiller had been stolen!!!! Her Rodeo is not a 4 wheel drive as was sold to her to be! We were SO bummed out at the thought some one had to drive across her property. Load the tiller. Then come back across the property to the road and drive off with it. That was our day. No planting got done.

BUT we found a friend with a tiller He came out and tilled my plot. Got my Neices ready to go. Tomorrow we plant my garden before the rain comes in. Then wait a day and till hers. Then till again. Then plant. We are on our way.
We have a shippment of goodies due Friday in the mail.

We had a big birthday bash at Texas road house. It was a perfect ending to an other wise hard fought day to get something done. I didn't do badly with my eating I do need to get in some exercise. I might do it while watching the basketball play off game.

Ladies I am sorry I am behind on my posting. Tomorrow early morning I will try to catch up. I will weigh in and make my ticker tape.

Take care Ladies Pat
Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #98  

Well ladies,

The left shoulder and arm really bothered me today. I stayed home, slept til noon and the sent the afternoon dosing on the sofa. I go to the dr tomorrow, I'm hoping that they x-ray it..it was alot cooler this morning and I hurt more than the lst few days...I can't help but wondering if it is arthritis setting in.

Anyway, I was down to 170.0 even this morning. Its a slow process but I will get there.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #99  

just popping in here before heading off to bed.

Amanda~ I just noticed, thanks to you pointing out, that me, you, and Trish are all in the same area on the scale. And our goals are all the same! So, I say we band together and continue to light a fire under each other! What do you say?

Trish~ see above, my post to Amanda.

Pat~ That stinks about her tiler! I hope they can find it! I can't wait to get my flat of flowers, sometime soon, and so I can plant them!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #100  

ruth~ I hope they take an x-ray of your shoulder and arm!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 AM   #101  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All. I hope your all doing well..........I have been feeling blue.

Big
Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #102  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies....

Had a busy weekend and I have a busy week ahead. We have all kinds of chaos going on at work, a combination of construction, reagents on backorder, computer failures and one gal on vacation!

That equals to me going into work an hour or two early all week so I don't have to come in over the weekend.

Puts me in a exhausted state of mind and I feel grumpy until I get home. Hopefully it'll all straighten out soon.

So my apologies for not poppin in here more often, but I will once things slow down.

For now, I great big hello to all

And since we're at the end...why don't I start the new thread and close this one.

See you all at 296.
Closed Thread