Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #61  

Height: 5'1"

Another quicky from me (I will do indi's in the next thread)

Did not workout last night, PMS hit me full board and I was just not wanting to move.

But all is well this morning and its Friday, the sun is out and so the day WILL be good!

Hugs to Trish for being so concerned about me , I've been anemic in the past so I know I may need to up my iron intake and probably all the other things you've suggested!

I promise I'll do something about it.

Not much planned for this weekend, I think tomorrow will be more yard work. (it's always great for the thighs all that squatting)

Ok....I'm a bit behind in my schedule this morning, haven't even taken my shower....so off I go.

Have a lovely Friday ladies and if I get some time after work, I'll pop in and chat some more!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #62  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Brandon did the ACES (All Children Exercising Simultaneously) walk for the American Cancer Society on Wednesday. He came home from school today with a t-shirt in his bag (that he had to put on immediately), a little certificate thanking him for walking and raising money for the ACS, and also a $5 gift card to Meijer.

I will have to take a picture of him with all his goodies he got. He also made me a "bouquet" of flowers for Mother's day, which I will also have to take a picture of here in a second.

I also stepped on the scale this morning and it told me 231.4!!!!! So, those walks are doing me a LOT of good! I even stepped it up a notch last night and walked around another time, but just around the driveways and not my normal path! I was going to go around my normal path, but it was cold out last night and my hands were freezing and so were Marissa's.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Ladies, it has been a real bummer of a day. I am so upset I could sit down and cry. I am so weary,weary to the bone. Went grocery shopping. The lettuce was putrid, the fresh strawberries were just as bad. I wouldn't feed them to my pet dragons!!! I got angry and left the cart and walked out the door. Went shopping at Wallys'. Did much better there.

Doing well with the Daniel diet. I am headed to my sisters' house. I think the dinner celebration has been cancled, my sister is sick!! I need to go check on her. I really want to stay on my "diet" I may have to opt out on the goodies. I feel bad enough without heaping guilt on top of it all.

Mindee~ My step counter came in the mail today! I am excited about it. I need to figure out the instruction and get it set up for my stride. This isn't like the ones I see in the stores. I think I am going to like this one.

I will check back later. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Thanks Pat
Old 05-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #64  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Everyone. Hello, hello!!

Patty, Thanks for the tips on Lycopene. I'll read up on it over the weekend. I never knew about the potassium / energy thing. I've been eating a small baked potato everyday since Wednesday and I seem to have more energy. I wonder if it could be because of the potassium in potatoes.
Btw, it sounds like your daughter is already forming some good fit habits, without even knowing it.

Marti, I've been slacking on my walking a little bit. I need to walk like a fiend too!

Tommysgirl, Your husband has a cool boss. That was really nice.

Dixie, Hi there. I'm feeling pretty good. Thank you for your concern . I still haven't had any meat, but I feel very satisfied. I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I like to have nuts in the morning too. They tide me over for a long while. It doesn't take that many of them either. Just maybe a half cup or so.

Jane, Have fun with your day of beauty. I love that sort of stuff. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Well I'd better go. My husband is picking me up from work today and he should be here soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Amany; 05-09-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #65  

just popping back in before heading to eat dinner. we are taking the kids to Bike Night tonight, and then tomorrow is DATE NIGHT!!!! We are going to dinner and then bowling. (so all the bowling should work off the steak that I am going to eat!)

Pat~ I have done the same before when grocery shopping! But now we buy all of our groceries from WalMart.

Amanda~ How are you liking the MI weather?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #66  

Hey girls, I'm on the fly by...getting ready for bed. Just spent 45 minutes on threadmill, 30 minutes @ 3.0 mph and 15 minutes @ 2.5 mph.

Mindee, have fun on date night! Congrats on the weight loss. What does SW on your weight stand for. Oh, what is bike night. Congrats on Brandons participation in the cancer walk. I know he was proud!

Pat, sorry you had a rough day. I hate buying groceries! I put it off as long as I can...and lots of things don't look as good anymore.

Marti, hang in there...hope you had a good day...and got back in the swing of things.

I'll check back tomorrow. I'll try to catch up on everybody in the morning.

Last edited by short & sassy; 05-09-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #67  

well, we had a great night last night! we took the kids to the bike night at the local flea market. we walked all over the place but because it was cold not that many bikes showed up. but it was still a good time had by all! then we had to go to walmart to get some stuff!

Tommy was asking me what he gets for our anniversary, since I get two holidays in one! for our anniversary, I get dinner and bowling. For mother's day, I get a new purse and some flowers!

Ruth~ SW stands for starting weight. I know that we will have fun on date night. I am kind of worried about the food part, since we won't be eating until 7pm or so! But I have been good with my eating this past week, so I will be okay! Bike Night is where they basically invite all bikes, no matter if it is a Harley or a crotch rocket, to come and show off their bikes and enjoy some music. He was very proud of himself for doing the walk! He even threw his back pack at me when he got home from school on Friday. And when I showed him his shirt, he had to immediately put it on. It is a medium, so it fits him..........all the way down to his shins!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #68  

Good morning ladies,

I've already been outside in the flowerbed this morning. I had to replant/reposition some plants so that my new shrubs will fit. Also some of the were planted to close to the edge and I had to put them furter in. Now I've got to tackle the laundry, the kitchen, the floors...I should be busy busy...think that will count as low intensity exercise!! LOL
Old 05-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Ladies It is a beautiful day here in rural Indiana. I am ready to get out side and get started on the flower beds and have the garden spread with compost and tilled. I want everything planted when the sun sets tomorrow. My neice and I are going to get some bags of compost at Wally's then it is time to get our hands dirty.

Short and Sassy~way to go! Low intensiy maybe but exercise adds up all the same and think of the beauty you have brought to your yard Sounds like you have a full day ahead of you!

Amanda~ Thank you for checking in. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Mindee~ Please do take a picture of Brandon in his special tee shirt. I want to see the big smile on his face.

Jane~ Have a wonderful good time in Florida. Enjoy!!! Know we will miss you!
Tell us all about it when you get back home.

Last night didn't go like I had hoped it would. My niece went to DQ and got an ice cream and an ice cream cake. That was dinner!! Not a wise or healthy menu. I finally got so hungry I ate some of both. Didn't pig out but still not "diet" food. I am back on track, cut my losses and get on down the road. Today counts as day one of my Daniel Diet. I have had a hand full of nuts, 1/2 cup of dry whole grain cereal, mug of tea, and 2 glasses of water. I will have soup for lunch.

Talk to you all later. Have a great Saturday Pat
Old 05-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Just a quick hello today. Going to NC shopping this afternoon. I got my insurance all taken care of. No water aroebics at my YMCA facility unless they work with another one here in town, but I hope to get into a senior's workout class or maybe on a one on one program. I was a member of one years a health club years ago where I just went in on my own and used the machines, used the sauna, showered and went home. I loved it and may just do that.

Mindee - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!! You and Tommy have fun on your date out to night.

Francie - Are you excited about your move? When are you scheduled to be there?

Pat - Hope you are having a better day today. I buy most of my food at Wal-Mart and we have 2 here and sometimes one of them will have crappy stuff or not be consistant with products. My favorite store for produce is Harris Teeter, but they moved the one that was close to me and they are way to expensive. So I have settled for Wal-Mart. We have a 2 other stores close by, but they don't carry everything so I use the for quick runs to the store.

Jane - I know your busy getting ready for your trip. Remember what I told you about worring about dieting while gone. Just have fun and we will look forward to when you get back here. And I bet ya you will better to get down to business with a your good food plan then.

Well girls I'm out of here for now. Don't mean to leave out or miss anyone I'm just not really good at remembering everything these days. Too much going on around here lately. DH surgery date will be here before I know it and I'm trying to get everything done that I need to before that day gets here such stocked up on food supplies etc that I usually go to NC to by before that happens so I'll only have to leave him long enough for a quick run to close by stores. I think we've decided what yard work we want to get done before then too. So I might not be in and out of JL's that often for a while. But I will read and try to keep up with y'all.

So for now EVERYBODY have a great week end and I'll check back when I can.

BTW update on my Daddy and Mom. I guess my (Step)-brother and his wife got busy and got everything straightened. My step-sister is furious, but thanks to my Mom's oldest son everything is fine. Turns out that some how she had put herself as Mom's next of kin and Daddy as an unrelated friend who was not to be told anything. Even doctor got involved Daddy is down as 1st person to be called about Mom and my step-brother second. Mom is hurt that her daughter would act as she has, but Mom has perked up and is excited, working hard to get well and go home with Daddy. My brother is going to go get her tomorrow while Daddy is at church and take her out to his place for Mother's Day to spend with them. Daddy will go out there and be with them after church and then take Mom back to Rehab. I know many of you have had them in your prayers and thoughts and I just want to let you know how it turned out and also to say . It is so good to hear the happiness in my Daddy's voice again. What a terrible thing for someone to have to go thru at 81 & 85 years old. Personally I am so grateful my Daddy has her to love and be loved by her. They have been married 7 years last Tuesday and I think that is an awesome thingh at their age. In fact, they were my inspiration to try marriage again after my hubby of 31 years died.

Hugs,
Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 05-10-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #71  

Pat - You must have been writing while I was. I just had to tell you that I think you did great. One time of eating what you ate is not a slip or something to waste time feeling down on yourself for. I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself because you "moved on" got back on track. Successful weight loss plans work like that if we are doing them correctly. There will always be times in our lives when we cannot be in "total" control of the foods around us. I personally believe when we can begin to learn how to accept that and learn to work "around" them and "through" them, we will begin to see real progress. For so many of us who have been in the "diet" world for so long, we leaned to feel guilty and to beat ourselves up so much because we got "off" that we ended up punishing ourselves thinking we were failures to the point we either binged or gave and quit our diet plans. We are learning now that a slip or one meal off plan isn't a disaster that will ruin our progress if we will do just what you did and that is just get back On Plan at the next meal (or even the next snack).

So I applaud you and say for a job well done and I hope we can all learn a really good lesson from your example to us.

Thanks Trish
Old 05-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #72  

just popping in here while I have some time before we leave for our date night!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I was an even 231! So, I am doing something right! I even managed to walk over 11 miles yesterday! I even walked almost 24,000 steps!

I am going to look into getting some more Leslie Sansone dvd's. I love the work out of hers that I have been doing, and she helps to pass the time without you watching the clock every few minutes!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Ruth~ I am hoping to get some flowers soon. Tommy said that I am getting plantable flowers for Mother's Day. But since our top hatch is broke on the back of our mini-van, we have to get them when the kids are not with us, or he will get them when he goes to the store by himself.

Pat~ I changed my avatar to a picture of Brandon with his shirt on, and the flowers that he made me at school.

Trish~ I am so happy to hear that your daddy and mom are doing so well! I can't believe that your step-sister would act like that. But I am happy that your step-brother stepped up and fixed every thing. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #73  

Mindee - Brandon looks so sweet and you can tell that he is so thrilled with the flowers he is giving you. That is so precious.

Trish
Old 05-11-2008, 01:06 AM   #74  

ALL YOU MOM'S HAVE A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Last edited by pattygirl63; 05-11-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:16 AM   #75  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-11-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Closed Thread