Thumbs up

Good work, maryea!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #137  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mary
Nice going. One step at a time, one day at a time. That is all any of us can do.

Apple
Thank you. How many times have we said to our selfs, I will start tomorrow or after this or that happens. Today is our future. It really is true nothing tastes as good as thin feels. There is no holiday, no special action that is worth putting off doing what is good for us. 42 weeks ago I said today is the day and have never really looked back. I look back today. All I have accomplished. I am glad I didn't put it off. Just think where I will be 42 weeks from now. I know each and every one of us can get on plan and be where we want to be one day in the near future. It all happens one day at a time.

Red
Thank you so much for this challenge. It really has done more for me than you can know. It helps me to keep on track. It helps me to see what I have accomplished when the mirror doesn't. It makes me proud of myself.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:38 AM   #138  

Height: 5'3"

Day 2 (only one snack between meals - 3 pauses). No problem today. Having this challenge and knowing I will be posting does help me.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:45 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hey Red! I have a question for you. Do you still have the picture of the frog and the stork. It said NEVER GIVE UP? If so could you please post it. My computer crashed and that was one of the things I couldn't recover. Thanks in advance
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #140  

Yesterday was Day 2 and I did met my goal.

BTW how do I get one of those avitars and the thingy at the bottom of your email that shows the weight going down? Like Mezster has.

Last edited by maryea; 03-13-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #141  
Rennie

Day 4
All challenges met
Old 03-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #142  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello all. Just checking in. I still haven't restarted a challenge. This past week has been horrible at work and I am still jet-lagged. Can't sleep at night and then finally can just when it's time to get up. Ugh.
The extra movement is helping the weight come down a bit. Now to put more concerted effort into the food part..
Old 03-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #143  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi all!

Sorry for the silence - this week got really crazy and I didn't make it in here to post. I did OK for the most part, but just tried to reconcile the week with my challenge and I lost track... I'm pretty sure I'd be on about day 12 with no pauses left, so in the interest of being HONEST with the challenge, I'll just start over instead of guessing. And, since I'm traveling this week and will likely have a hard time tracking 3 challenges, I'm going to just do one for now... the most important one - STAY ON PLAN with eating! I'm counting points again so my goal is to stick to my daily points every day and only use the flex points ONE day - and not use them all.

Today is day 1, and I did it!

I also got in a 7 mile run (on the treadmill - can't wait for nice weather to get OUT) - I have a half marathon in May and I need to get moving!! It felt good to see such a high number of calories burned on the treadmill (even though I know it's overstated...) Anyway, I'm not losing weight quickly but I have stopped gaining - which is half the battle. I lost about 1.5 lbs in the past month or so, which is good considering I was gaining a good 1-2 lbs a month since September. Now, it's time to really get serious about eating (now that it's under control, it's time to get it to a stage where weight loss is possible) and accelerate the loss!

Red - jet lag can be KILLER - and when I'm tired I know my body reaches for food... hang in there and just take it day by day... you WILL get there!!!!!! rest up and once you get back to your normal plan you'll do great!!

Shy - you rock, plain and simple!

mary - yay for you! You're doing great!!!!!
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #144  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Blossom View Post
Dog in photo is very old and I suspect she is in her last weeks.....
I was just passing by and happened to read your post.

So sorry to hear about your dog. Hope she is not in pain. It is always hard to let them go. Enjoy her last days and remember the good times you had together.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:56 PM   #145  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile

Had a good day Sunday with lots of exercise and good eating and fresh veggie juice. Sure wish I could do this on workdays. It's just so hard and being in the poisonous office environment is truly debilitating. I have to find ways of working toward a way out that works FOR me, then maybe I can take it. rdye, thanks for the support. Yes, I suffer VERY badly from jet lag, become depressed and eat junk food because I feel so bad. Couple that with the fact that hay fever season is peaking soon and this year is worse than ever. Good luck on your challenge. A hand for a successful liftoff!
Others, where are you?!?!?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #146  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Day 2 - done. Whew. You can do this, Red!! Just take it one step at a time. i often find that after I fall off the wagon I try to change everything at once to "make up" for my "bad days" - then I get overwhelmed and fall off again. Pick one thing and start slowly.... you can do it!
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #147  
Rennie

red
The docs laughs and says I am allergic to grass, trees, ROCKS lol. It is terrible and at times you really don't feel like eating at all.

Been busy helping a friend this weekend that is why I haven't posted.
Lets see Monday the 10th was day 1 so today is day
Day 7
All challenges met
Old 03-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #148  

This is Day 6. I have been forgetting to post, but I have been able to meet my goal of one snack only between meals. Usually I only have a snack between lunch and dinner and another mid-evening. I think I have only had one am snack. This is a lot less than I was snacking. Once or twice a snack has been too high in calories but usually I keep it pretty light. I never thought I would ever be able to get through the evening with only one snack! I still want more but now it is possible for me to say no. So far I have not taken a pause day although I planned to take 3.

You are all doing so well! Rdye you are an inspiration! Keep up the good work everyone!! And thanks for the encouragement!

Last edited by maryea; 03-16-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #149  
Rennie

Day 8
All challenges met
Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #150  
Rennie

Day 10
All challenges complete

Disappointed in myself today. I did the required exercise for my goals but I didn't do much more than that. Hope this is a one time thing. I am so tired today. Haven't slept well the last few nights and I am doing a ton of spring cleaning.