Staying with calories, 3 pauses - day 11
Drinking min 4L water, 2 pauses - day 11
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #32  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Apple
Thank you, I don't feel as bad today as I thought I would.

dj
I am not hurting as much as I thought I would today. My poor body must be use to being beaten up lol. I felt so much better after I put everything into fit day and found out I was still within my ranges. To me, that is staying on plan. A few ( you know whats ) are ok, 10 of them are not ok lol.

Day 19
All challenges met

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-10-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #33  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi there, everyone. Had to take a pause yesterday on Day 3 But, got through Day 3 today. Gotta get some sleep. Shy, I'm glad you're OK. You have a good point about work and I've been thinking the very same. dj, Apple, sotypical, hi there. Talk later!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-09-2008 at 07:10 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #34  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello all! I was a delinquent member of the last post... started and made it half way through a few posts - but I'm back if you'll have me!!!

Red, DJ, typical, Shy, Apple - so happy to see you all on this thread! I went back to the old thread and was scared you all disappeared... but here you are and you are all doing so great - what an inspiration!!!

So excited to meet everyone else!

Red - you're a savior for keeping these threads going - and SO glad to hear your skin is getting better! You go girl!!!

My challenges are below - still have some momentum from last thread. Some of the dates are off because I had to start some over (eating past 8, on plan) but no alcohol and no diet pop are going strong!

No diet pop (I haven't had one in 39 days!)

Stay on food plan - Day 8 - 0 pauses
No eating past 8 - Day 6 - 1 pause left
work out 3 days / week - day 8 - 0 pauses
no alcohol - day 13 - 0 pauses

Looking forward to a STRONG February!
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #35  

Daily crunches , Day 20 done (0 pauses left)
30 min exercise, pause, Day 20 done (0 pauses left)
No Beer, Day 17 (1 pause left)

How lame is that, taking a pause on day 20. I just felt that I needed to rest. I did some walking, but only 15 min or so.
Even though I haven't been drinking beer, I'm still drinking too much other stuff. Next challenge, NO alcohol. Which sounds pretty darned impossible. Well, I've been pregnant enough to know that it's possible, I guess.
I'm starting South Beach next week too. Feb is going to be a long hard month but I'll be happy at the end.
Hi Rdye, I'm glad you've found us again!
Glad you are feeling better, shy.
Red, good job taking the pause and not the restart. Confidence!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #36  
Never give up

Cool

Day 4 is done. I don't think I'm out of the woods with the skin but it sure does feel better. Still taking antihistamines to stop the itching though and when I don't, it keeps me awake. There is still a lot of scarring on my arms, so when I exercise and heat up, my arms are still red. The skin sloughs off regularly though and i don't need to lather on moisturizer. AND, I had energy today. Even got to the gym. God, it feels wonderful to have energy again.

rdye, welcome back!

Apple, thanks! Don't know if it's confidence though. I've been pretty darn good about making vegetable juice. Today I even found a place that sold flax seed oil and I added that to my (banana, grapefruit, lemon, soy milk, spinach, komatsuna (like spinach but more bitter) smoothie. I'm finding that when I do eat sweets or drink alcohol, everything tastes so artificial. A bowl of mixed fruit, on the other hand, tastes wonderful.
Well, if this energy sticks around, I am going to try my darndest to get the weight off again. I gained it ALL back, then some. Anyhow, no problem taking a late pause. Just make sure you do the last two days of your challenge, Apple!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-10-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 8 - exercise - 0 pauses left
day 10 - calories - 2 pauses left
day 11 - water - 3 pauses left

Had to take another pause on the exercise yesterday. Wasn't feeling too well and decided to rest. I think I'm doing better today so exercise should be ok.

Apple - You're doing great on the no beer and a pause on exercise is needed once in a while!

Red - I'm glad to hear you're doing better! It feels good when things start to come together doesn't it? Keep it up! You're seeing the benefits now.

Rdye - Glad to have you come back! It's great that you've kept up with some challenges.

Shy - Hope you're doing better!

sotypical - How's it going? Hope all is well.

djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #38  

Daily crunches , Day 21 done (0 pauses left)
30 min exercise, pause, Day 21 done (0 pauses left)
No Beer, Day 18 (1 pause left)

Well, I actually completed 2 challenges! Hooray for me!
So my new challenges are going to be HARDER.
When I do daily crunches, I usually do 3 sets of 15 or 20. So I'm upping it to 100 crunches, 2 pauses allowed
Upping daily exercise to 45 minutes. 2 pauses allowed.
NO alcohol. 2 pauses allowed.
I'm starting the no alcohol even though the no beer is not yet finished.
South Beach starts tomorrow too. I don't know how that would work as a challenge. May as well throw it in too, with NO pauses allowed.
Red, I'm so glad you are getting better.
DJ, I'm glad you are well too!
Hey, sounds like everyone is doing well! Lets make some progress here!!GO!GO!GO!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #39  
Rennie

Day 20
All Challenges met

Hope everyone is doing well. No time to chat, maybe later. Trying to get this hall floor finished just wanted to make sure I posted and said hi to everyone.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #40  
Rennie

Apple
Be proud. Smile. Do a little dance. WOW 100 crunches. Gosh you are tough.

dj
Take it easy on the exercise until your body really is ready. Just do a little, keep it easy. Just getting the body moving is good, getting it to tired after being sick isn't a good idea.

red
I sure hope you found something to help your skin. They have never found anything that helps with the bit of eczema that I have.

rdye
Nice to see you back with us. Nope, I am here. This challenge really helps me stay on track.

WOW
Today is day 21

Day 21
All challenges met

Don't think this is always easy for me. It isn't, some days just being in the challenge keeps me going. Well tomorrow is the start of another 21 days. Going to keep my challenges the same. One day they will come easy every single day until then I will just keep pushing myself to do them without even thinking about it.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-12-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 AM   #41  
Never give up

Wink

Hi all. Still working on Day 5 here, but it's looking like it'll be fine. Ate too much though....but that's another challenge. Skin looks worse today. Problem with this healing process (if it is that) is that it gets worse before it get better and it's easy to lose heart, but I'm going to keep at it.

Apple -- Stupendous work!! Crunches and exercise! A double dose of success!!! Way to go. And wow, no alcohol?!?!?! What courage! Best of luck! Thanks for the get well wishes. I felt good again today. Rode and would have gone to the gym too if I hadn't gone yesterday and plan to go tomorrow. Sure hope things continue to look up.

dj -- Hope you're feeling better. Are you? You have no pauses on your exercise challenge, I see. Hope you can make it through. Here's a few cheers to give you inspiration! Yeah, I hope things are getting better. They seem to be but I, believe it or not, have been duped before!

Shy --Wow, Shy, you too!! Congratulations!! I'm so glad this is helping you. And look at you, jumping in with a new start tomorrow! Wow! Oh, I do so hope that juicing is helping my skin. I have never looked so awful in my life as I have the past few months. But for now at least, things are looking up. If things work out, I'll be on you to get a juicer.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #42  

No Beer, Pause, Day 18 (0 pauses left)
No alcohol, Day 0, (2 pauses left)
45 min exercise, Day 0, (2 pauses left)
100 crunches, Day 1, (2 pauses left)
South Beach Diet, Day 0, (NO pauses allowed)

Well, I kind of took yesterday off. Went for a walk, but didn't really expend enough energy to count as exercise. My brother visited, so we had beer.
I did get in the crunches. I don't see any obstacles for a while. Valentine's might be tough since I'll be at the kids celebrations through out the day. But I'll do my best!

Great job shy!
I don't recall what your challenges were, but what ever they are they see to be working well for you. Way to go!!

Red, I have a good feeling that you are on your way! Keep it up!!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 02-11-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #43  
Never give up

Ok, Day 5 is done. Starting on 6 here. Thanks, Apple, for the encouragement. I'm trying hard. Just wondering how and why I got as bad as I did. Guess doing everything I did on the poor fuel I was putting in my body just had bad effects over the longterm. My skin and complexion DOES look better. Someone at the gym even remarked on it. Please, please, please let this continue, is my prayer. As for weight, my profile is NOT accurate, but I'm not willing to get on the scale at this point. Off to the gym now.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 PM   #44  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 9 - exercise - 0 pauses left
day 11 - calories - 2 pauses left
day 12 - water - 3 pauses left

Another quick catch up here.

Yes, I'm feeling better and back to my workouts. I just can't seem to find much time to get on here an post during the work week even though I'm only part time! Oh well, I'll get used to it someday. Hope all is well!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #45  

No Beer, Day 19 (0 pauses left)
No alcohol, Day 1, (2 pauses left)
45 min exercise, Day 0, (2 pauses left)
100 crunches, Day 2, (2 pauses left)
South Beach Diet, Day 0, (NO pauses allowed)

OK, I put it off 1 more day, but TODAY I am serious about this diet.