Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies--

How is everyone doing this morning. We still have snow, but it's starting to rain at times and then freeze. Not fun to drive in.

Been walking every night again. Gotta get the flub off the ol' belly! Up the speed and now I tend to sweat double! Ick I know. (sorry)

Jane--My sister and family went to Florida this week. They're visiting my little sister and some friends. They'll be back next week and I'll have to ask how nice the weather is. You'll have a blast!

Cristina--It's total soup/chili weather! I made roasted potato soup over the weekend per DD request. Tasty. Next weekend, Hodge Podge!

Francie--
I need to set myself up w/a short term goal. Just don't know when I'll get myself on the scale again....haven't done it for a couple weeks....surely it's gone up!

Mindee--Are your taxes all spent? I'm still waiting for my W2. Should get it soon.

Ellen--What do you like working out on best while at the gym? My favorite is this contraption thing "cross-over bar"? It has many different muscles it works out. Would like to have one at home if I ever came across mega amounts of money to afford it!

Hello to everyone else.

I gotta scoot. Icy out and I want to leave a bit early. You all have a great day!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #47  

Height: 5'5"

Ok I made it to the gym! Laundry is almost done, and kitchen is done! So far so good, I also just finished re shoveling the driveway...not too much but some drifts. I don't think I will ge tto the bathroom, a friend is stopping by after dinner, so we will see how tired I get.

Martie~I think I know what machine you are talking about, I like that one too, but lately I have been using mostly concentrated machines for legs, shoulders, chest, arms and back, also crunches for the "core"

Well, have to finish folding

Later chicas'
Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #48  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristina - chili sounds so good! We're having veggie soup tonight, but I wish it was chili instead, lol.

Francie - whoo-hoo for you almost being at your short term goal!

Ellen - the winds last night were so scary! A tree fell over in the yard next to Katie's apartment! Now it's so cold again, but hey, it's January still, so I guess it's supposed to be cold, lol.

Mindee - will the nutritionist be coming back?

Marti - the weather in FL will be different in another month than it is now. When we were there before in early March, it was in the 70s. Hope it's that way again. Be careful on that ice!

Mary Kate - I'm thinking of you.

Katie and I did some more shopping today for the wedding reception. We're just about done with that.

I made my reservations for North Carolina with the same group of friends that I met up with last year. I'm excited about that even though it isn't until mid-September.

LOST is on tonight - anyone else going to watch it?

Later, taters!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #49  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...a quickie for me right now but I will be back later tonight to do individuals. Not sure why I got on...just didn't realize the time...gotta get some dinner cooked!

Ciao for now!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:32 PM   #50  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink

Hi Gurls........

Sorry I have been MIA.......

My back went out, again............So I have been "out of commission" and just tonight feel better, enough that I sit for more than a few min.

This is yet another motivation to get back on track with weightloss. I know my weight definitely does not help my back at all. Infact it probably is the reason why it continues going out on me, even if my dr. is too nice to say so. lol.

I watched Dr. Phil the other day and was very inspired. There was a man who weighed over 700 lbs who made it to the show just to get help to lose weight. It made me realize that I am not a lost cause. Nobody is. I don't care how much weight you have to lose or how difficult it is for you, it IS possible. I guess that is how I've been feeling lately, hopeless. So I really needed to see that show for inspiration.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #51  
I can dream, can't I?

Evening ladies.....And it is a very cold one here. I have to go pick up DH at the airport soon and I hate to go out. Brrr.
Nothing going on here today other than me cleaning. What else? I did sit down and make up some menus for the next week, so hope that helps. I have to figure out something to get me on track.
Everyone fixed soup today. I made potato soup and added cheese, which is not my normal way of doing it. Was very good.
Cristina and Mindee- I found my book list from 2003. It was interesting to see the books I had read and the ones I had listed to pick up.

Jane- We had the bad winds also. Mom and I took shelter for a little while when they said it was going to get worse. Nothing came of it, but I sure couldn't sleep for the howling.

Ellen- You do well going to the gym. I wish DH would go with me. We can sign up at a reasonable price due to his past employment, he just thinks it is a waste of time.

Marti- Good job walking again. Don't envy you the snow...Jane probably does though. haha.

Francie- Way to go on making your 1st goal. Hope you hear about your orders soon.

Sassy, Jules, Mary Kate, Vann- Hope ya'll are well. Thinking of you.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #52  
One day at a time

I'm back!

MINDEE & FRANCIE...I will pm you ladies the pic.

MARTI...be careful driving...I hate the ice. What kills me is now they are not doing the roads good enough because a shortage of salt...sold to other states, ugh! Crazy...so they are trying to make what they have last and the way this weather has been it's not going to let up anytime soon. Your soup sounds good!

JANE...vegetable soup sounds good too! I must admit though, the chili was good and hit the spot! We had bad winds today, crazy weather I tell ya!

ELLEN...good for you for getting to the gym. I would love to go but not a fan of going myself. Thought about the Y because DH can get a discount but I think I will wait. Doing okay for myself right now so...

SUE...I agree with you about the snow! Jane can have it all! We are supposed to get about 6 inches starting tonight. I wish I would have started making lists of all the books read back that far, or even further. I go thru phases and at some point start getting rid of books and start over.

SASSY...take care of yourself missy. I know too well about the back going out. Mine is still being stupid and I think I am going to break down and go to the chiropractor. I know I will have to make a commitment to go for a while though. I'm glad Dr. Phil inspired you. Hey, have you ever read Richard Simmons? He used to have a newsletter, not sure if you have to pay for the subscription or not. But I know even with his videos he always got to me.

HI TRISH, VANN & JULES!

Nothing much going on. I decided to do my grocery shopping today since they are talking about this bad storm headed our way. Saw a couple of pictures of it in Colorado and geez! Too much freakin snow this year for sure! I am sick of it already and ready to move somewhere where it doesn't snow.

Did some walking even though I wasn't going to. Was a busy day and thought I would take my free day today but then felt guilty. So did 60 minutes and feel better for doing it. All in all was a good day for exercise and food. Hoping for at least a 2 pound loss this week.

Anyway...getting late and have a couple other posts to make so see ya's tomorrow! Stay warm ladies and be safe.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ladies just a quick fly by. It is late and I'm tired so I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Been busy running around with DH and he may decide to go out tomorrow too. He hasn't decided yet. If not I will check, but if we do I'll be back when I can. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of all of you.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 AM   #54  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, they say when it rains it pours....this would be one of those times!

we got a letter in the mail on Wednesday for a collection agency in regards to the accident that we had. the lady went after our insurance company and because the police officer wrote down the wrong name, her insurance company claimed that it couldn't get a hold of us or our insurance company. so we got a letter stating that Tommy is on the hook for $4,307.86 worth of damages to HER car because HE caused the accident! Tommy called them as soon as he got the letter and told them that he didn't cause the accident that the lady did and the guy he talked to told him well you got the ticket, so therefor it shows that you were the cause of the accident.

So, the guy that he talked to told him that HER insurance company can take him to court, and if they do and win, then he will have to pay the full amount of damages. And if he can't pay it, then they can take his license away and take the license plate off the car so that he doesn't drive. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

I am sorry for cutting this short.....but my teeth are bothering me and it is late. I fell asleep on the couch while Tommy was putzing around online so I got on here late.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:41 AM   #55  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - I saw that show, too, and felt bad for the guy. My local weatherman cut in, with detailed storm news, so I missed the very end of his part. Do you think the guy will really do it? My heart goes out to him! Having a nutritionist will help the wife to stop enabling him. Glad your back is better.

Sue - making out menus is a real help to me. I have to say I rely on my crock pot a lot anymore, since I just don't want to spend so much time cooking. Your soup sounds good, and a reasonable portion would be fine. I eat mostly what I always did, (except junk food) just smaller portions.

Cristi - you're doing great with the diet and exercise. I'll have to check out TBL site and see what's up. Yep, we're supposed to have more bad weather, too. Even I am ready for Spring! I've been seeing some new Spring flowers and such at Walmart, and it's getting me in the mood.

Trish - I'm thinking of you, too. Have a good one!

Mindee - I'm thinking you need some legal counsel to represent you! In Indiana, we have lawyer that do pro bono work - maybe you can find one in MI? I don't know how the law works on things like this, but since it isn't Tommy fault, he should not be punished. Please call a lawyer, and even if that one can't help you, they can refer you to one that can. Hope your teeth are feeling better.

I'm getting my hair done today. Dyed and cut. I am ready again for the shorter length, even though it makes my face look rounder.

Gotta go - I'm starvin' like Marvin! Have a good day.

Last edited by Jane; 01-31-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 AM   #56  

Just a quick one for me too.

I really don't like going to the gym alone either, but working out at home was not working with the kids, so I do what I must. Dh and I do go together, but we don't like the same machines, so I still end up working out alone.

Mindee~I would say to talk to a lawyer...they usually will consult for free. Also talk to your insurance company...when I had my accident they did it all for me. Good luck and I Hope things work out...they just take time. ((hugs))

Have to run will try to do indies later!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #57  
One day at a time

Wanted to add these first...this is what I woke up to this morning, ugh! It's kind of pretty though. Ernie dog is so funny because he keeps wanting to go out in it...like a little kid, wanting to play in the snow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow 011.jpg (11.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg snow 012.jpg (22.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg snow 014.jpg (23.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #58  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Waiting for the curling iron to heat up....thought I would pop in for a quick hello.

Got my miles in last night on the treadmill. Feel good to get back on there. Eating is a struggle,,,,,but today I'm really going to make a better effort to think about what I'm putting in my body!

Ellen--You're doing fabulous going to the gym. I have gone to the gym only a hand full of times.....still haven't gone by myself and hoping that I will get the nerve to do so....soon!

Jane--My sister is back from Florida. She said the weather was cool. Not cold just cool. She enjoyed it, telling me that when it gets into the 80's its unbearable.

Sassy--Glad that your back is feeling better. Do you think you might look into a nutritionist for yourself? I've always wanted to find out how much it would be to have some one help me....just never looked into it.

Sue--I've been thinking of getting a weekly menu started. Even pulled out some of my WW cookbooks because they help so much. I'm wanting soup and more soup. I'm fighting a little cold and don't want it to get any worse.....so soup just sounds comforting.

Cristina--You're doing great on exercise and eating. I'm sure you'll see a loss this week. I've gotten back into my walking again. Tried to talk myself out of it last night but didn't cave in....walked. Feel pretty proud of winning that battle!

Trish-- Hi

Mindee--Wish I could help ya on the car accident issue. But I don't even have a clue. Hope it all turns out ok for you.

Francie, Vann, Tammy, Marykate, Angie, and all the others I have missed .....Hello and big hugs to you! &

Irons gotta be hot by now....so off I go.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #59  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JANE...confused again...see what's up on TBL site? I looked back thinking I said something but didn't see anything. Anyway, I really do prefer Cristina, please and thank you

MINDEE...I agree, I definitely would seek legal help. It sounds like they are basically trying to scare you into paying and that is BS. Sorry you guys have to deal with this crap and this woman.

TRISH...thinking of you too!

ELLEN...have a good time at the gym!

Nothing much going on today. Staying indoors for sure. Thought about shoveling the walkway and driveway some but I think I will leave it for DH. I am such a nice wife, lol. It's still snowing anyway so...maybe if it stops later I might at least do the walkway and a path from where V and Jason park so they have a path to the door, and Ernie a path from the deck...poor doggie was almost buried when he went potty, lol! Anyway...did 30 minutes of exercise already and want to do another 60.

Have a good day everyone, and stay warm and safe!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #60  
One day at a time

HIYA MARTI...you snuck in while I was typing away! WTG on the walking! I've had days like that...I try to reason with myself, lol. Like yesterday. I tried to tell myself it was okay to have a free exercise day...it didn't work, lol. Thank you!

Have a good day and be safe driving to work.
Closed Thread