Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies

Just now getting to check in. Long and busy day. Slept late and when DH got up we dressed and left to go shopping. Had to get a new wireless mouse for my laptop. Went out tp kFC and actually stayed OP. Ended up going to both Wal-Marts in our area to get everything.

Jane - DH and I have been married 5 years. He tells people we've been married 36 years, but not to each other. Our previous mates of 31 years passed away a little over 2 years before we met and got married. We consider ourselves blessed to have found each other. Sorry you will miss out on the wedding. I eloped the first 2 times I got married because I didn't want a big wedding. I was young and never thought I was robbing my parents of anything. When Tony and I got married, my Mama had been gone for 10 years. For some reason it was so important to me to have my Daddy present. I wanted to share the experience. Strange how things and time changes the way we feel. Maybe they could do a video and share it with you later. DH came to TX from FL to get me. We did a video and shared it with everyone in Tony's family in FL.

Francie - so sorry to hear of your friend's accident. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. So tragic.

Vann - Glad you are back and I look forward to getting to know you. I am in SC just south of Charlotte, NC.

Mindi, Marti, Ellen, Sassy, Sue, Cristina, Jules, Tammy (sorry if I missed any one)... thinking of you all and wish you a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 01-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- It didn't get as warm here as they predicted either. I had to run errands and was in and out of the car, so never got too cold. I have been looking for a bedskirt and have not had lots of luck. I don't want white or cream...and that is all I can find. Oh, WDW is coming up quickly isn't it?

Francie- How sad. I will certainly say a prayer for your fellow Navy wife.

Vann- Welcome back, good to see you. Jane is right, several of us are familiar with the weight cycle....I know I am. I had lost by biking and walking then put most of it back on. Can't wait to get outside again in the Spring. Winter is not kind to me. Hurry back...

Ellen- You are one busy lady.

Mindee- You better be careful on those stairs also...and make them get a light. :0

Hi to all Jaded ladies. As I said above, I did errands today. Looking for some things for the house and had to get groceries. Tomorrow is another Dr. appt. for Mom. She is feeling pretty darn good, so we might get to stop for lunch. Actually, eating has been one of her top priorities this week as food is tasting good to her again.
DH will be home Wed. and I must admit I am missing him. He hates being cooped up in the winter and I get tired of him under foot and/or pacing the house, but at least he is here. I don't think he will be going by himself again....if I have my say. (and I usually do)

Funny thing..do you all remember Slinkys? I have been looking for one for several weeks, every store I am in. Today I finally found them at a dollar store. (I am using one to hopefully keep squirrels off of my bird feeder pole.) My idea is that if the squirrel tries to climb the pole the Slinky will spring and scare it. If it works I will be thrilled as I am always chasing the squirrel out of the sunflower seeds. Anyway, I couldn't believe a Slinky was so hard to find.

Okay ladies...goodnight!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Trish- You sneaked in on me. Hey, you are so happy, it makes me happy that you and your DH found each other. My second marriage (the present one) DH and I just got married at the court house in a judges office. No one even knew we were doing it that day. My first was a small wedding in our church's small chapel. Just our parents and siblings there with our best friends standing up for us. This one has lasted 31 years.
Hurray to you for staying OP. I am beginning to think I forget what that means.

Last edited by suetalks; 01-28-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #34  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone for your prayers. She's expected to make a full recovery. We're all lighting a candle for her tonight.

I've been emotional all day..and from what I've been reading, mostly everyone else is pretty emotional too. I'm just so saddened by everything. Before dh went back to work, I told him to drive extra carefully, and to be careful. I dont know what I'd do if something ever happened to him.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #35  

Francie~SO sorry to hear the tragic news...will keep them in our prayers.

Vann~So nice to meet you! I too know the weight cycle...trying to lose the weight I gained back over the summer.

Jane~I did see all the birthday wishes, and I am thankful that all my friends here took the time to post! It did warm up here, but I think the high was at about 10:30 am then it got cold again.

Trish~Yay to staying OP, and to all the walking in both wal-marts. Whoo-hoo!

Mindee~Be careful with those stairs...I hope Tommy is feeling better

Sue~So funny about the Slinkeys...We have them at Walgreens, but I never thought about using them to scare squirrels!!! I know your DH is probably missing you as much as you are missing him. Good to hear your mom is eating better!

Martie~I Am waiting for that weather system to get to me!!!! I hope we are warm enought that it comes as rain...don't want to deal with any more snow.

Ok, I did make it to the gym...Yay the girls had lunch, and my sister came over. We tool DD1 for her hair cut and DD2 says she wants one too, so They both got new cuts today. I did make it shopping too, so I have more food around, but healthy and somewhat easy to prepare. Did not make it to the oil change, but will have time tomorrow morning. My sister made spaghetti and that was dinner...I do have to get on the ball cleaning the house, we are having a superbowl party on Sunday, so it needs to get done!!!

Well, it is past bedtime for me now, so I will run. See you ladies later!!! and to all I missed
Old 01-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....we got our taxes back already. so on Wednesday we are going to look at some vans.....and get our comcast hooked back up! so that means that I will be getting my turbo jam sometime soon! tommy had a great birthday on Monday. we just stayed home and I made stombolis per his request for dinner. I made him a german chocolate cake on Sunday and some sugar cookies. The cookies are gone....he took the last of them with him to work on Monday, and I don't like german chocolate cake, so that is safe here in the house because I won't eat it! He called the lady from the temp agency to put in his 48 hours notice. The place is really crazy and not very organized at all! He said that he got there and they put him on five different machines on Monday, and didn't train him on any of them! So, as it is right now, they will start looking for something else for him.

We are going to a couple birthday parties this weekend. Saturday, we are having a get together for Tommy, his sister and her daughter for their birthdays. Then we will go from there and go to a local pizza place (buffet style) for our niece Roni's birthday party. It is reasonably priced so we are thinking about having Brandon and Marissa's birthday party there. You can rent the party room. You can decorate the room any way you want to, you can move the tables any way you want to. The room is sound proof, so you can't hear what is going on in there and every body else can't hear inside the room.

Vann~ It is so good to see you and hear from you! I am so sorry about your health scare. It is good to have you back!

Francie~ I will most definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I will send you a PM in a second.

Ellen~ That sounds like a great birthday gift! Me and my hubby are going to get matching tattoos. Right now we are thinking something along the lines of the Harley Davidson bar and shield, with the kids names inside the bars and shield.

Jane~ Sounds like you have your hands full trying to find some fun places! Good luck with that! We got slightly warmer temps, but the rain is suppose to come into town now.....and then after raining all day on Tuesday, the temps will drop and in comes the snow!

Trish~ Sounds like you guys had a full day! we have some full days ahead of us....which should be fun to go van shopping with three kids in tow!

Sue~ We made sure that they know that the light hasn't worked since last summer. There are light bulbs in it right now, but of course they are burnt out. So, Tommy mentioned to the office manager and from what I gather she is going to have them fix them. If not, then when I get a chance I will head over to the office and mention it while the owner is sitting in the office. Tommy did call her to ask about cleaning the stairs for her like she had asked. She told him that she had thought more about it last night, and thought to herself that $30 wouldn't be enough to clean all 10 of the buildings. So, she said that she would pay him $50 to do it. He is going to start on Saturday morning to clean them. She said that she would have to pay him in quarters....but hey, those spend just as well as cash. But then again, some of the money would be going towards doing laundry anyways! I told Tommy that we should find one of those big water jugs and put a sign on it that says "laundry money" and then when he gets paid we can just put the money in there! Let us know how the slinky thing works out.

I have to sit down and make out of grocery list! I had a calendar for February and I am going to write down our menu for each night on that! I found it to be a HUGE help when we did it before. It helped eleviate the "what do you want for dinner tonight?" questions.

I am going to head on over to my living room to do my work out dvd again! I am having a hard time getting it done on Saturday and Sunday because we are usually so busy. But I need to get it done on those days since I don't feel like myself on those days because I didn't get it in.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #37  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies.

Got done doing my walk on the treadmill. And now, I need to get cleaned up and unwind a bit before going to bed. I need to work an early shift tomorrow, the gal I'm covering has a little one pneumonia! Poor thing. He's only 3.

Vann--Oh I'm so glad to see you! So looking forward to chatting w/you again.

Francie-
-Oh sweetie...so sorry to hear about your friend. Many hugs and prayers!

Mindee--Hurray on taxes! I haven't even gotten my W2 yet!

Ellen--I love how pretty the snow looks but sure don't like what it does to unsuspecting drivers! Today it was all slushy and tonight.....veerrrry cold! Will be waking up to ice tomorrow.

Sue--I'm so happy to hear that your mama is feeling better. Always makes me smile when I read that. I think I have adopted her as my cyber grandma...she reminds me so much of my own!

Trish--How cute of your hubby to say you've been married 36yrs. I reminded my husband that our 4yrs is coming up...and he's like "already?" (we've been together 9)

Jane--I'm still waiting for my tickets to WDW? Have you sent them yet? I would love to go someday. I hope you all have the time of your lives!

Hello to anyone I have missed!

I really need to shower, so ladies...off I go.

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:58 AM   #38  

Marti~ I hope your co-workers little one feels better soon! Surprisingly, we didn't have to wait that long to get Tommy's w-2's which was nice....but now it just means that the money will go out the window quicker. It's okay though, we will be putting it to good use on things that we absolutely need!

just got done doing my work out dvd.....so I have to hit the shower. then I will be back to check my email and to unwind some.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

Good morning!

Trish - That's so cute, what your DH says about being married 36 years, lol. I bet he's a lot of fun. At the reception, Neal will walk Katie in the door, and hand her over to Clint. I think that will be so sweet.

Sue - have you checked online for the bedskirt? You wouldn't believe what all I buy online! Yep, I sure do remember Slinkys! They were mesmerizing, weren't they? The ones I've seen around now are plastic. I miss Neal when we're apart from each other, too. He drives me crazy sometimes, but still.

Francie - I am still just so sorry for your friend, and so sorry you have to go through this. I wish there was some way I could help you.

Ellen - mmmm, spaghetti sounds so good. With a big piece of garlic toast, lol. What time should we all be there for the party Sunday?

Mindee - I've been making out menus for over 30 years, and can't imagine not having them. I switch things around some, and rely on frozen foods more now, but it sure is easier shopping when you know what what to buy. Don't you think you save money that way, too?

Marti - hope your co-worker's little guy gets better soon. Earlier to work hopefully means you'll get done earlier, too. Uh, gee, I thought I mailed those WDW tickets!

Mary and I spent most of the morning talking about the upcoming Universal Studios/Disney trip. What we're wearing, etc. She's like me - likes to plan ahead, lol. It should be in the 70's and maybe low 80's while we're there. It's so darn gloomy here in my part of the country, I just want some sunshine!

I need to get busy around the house. Take care.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #40  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Good to see you Vann!

Glad your mom is better Sue!

Nothing much going on today. Laundry, walk, made a pot of chili and that's about it.

Hoping all is well weith everyone! Have a good day!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #41  
I was born this way hey!

Buongiorno

Nothing much is new here. I'm almost at my short term goal, just have 1 more pound to loose!! I'm thinking about getting a job or taking some online classes. I dunno..I'm just thinking about my options.

Goals for the rest of the day:
  • Laundry
  • clean the kitchen
  • clean up the living room

Hope everyone is having a good day!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #42  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WOOHOO Francie to almost being at your short term goal! You'll have that pound off in no time!

Hey , I mean to say something the other day about you and DH getting matching tats...that's what me and DH did on my birthday/anniversary. I don't like it but I let him pick it out. It was between two and I wanted this symbol that was nice looking. But he thought this one had more meaning...so yeah, we went for it!

Hello to everyone else again! Getting ready to have some chili in a few minutes...cold day and chili sounded perfect. Had it cooked early and it has been simmering in the crock pot since about 2 and I am starving.

Have a good evening!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #43  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
WOOHOO Francie to almost being at your short term goal! You'll have that pound off in no time!

Hey , I mean to say something the other day about you and DH getting matching tats...that's what me and DH did on my birthday/anniversary. I don't like it but I let him pick it out. It was between two and I wanted this symbol that was nice looking. But he thought this one had more meaning...so yeah, we went for it!

Hello to everyone else again! Getting ready to have some chili in a few minutes...cold day and chili sounded perfect. Had it cooked early and it has been simmering in the crock pot since about 2 and I am starving.

Have a good evening!

do you have a pic of it?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #44  

hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end......just relaxing a little and checking my email.

Jane~ That is exactly what I am thinking about saving money! When the lady was coming out here to the house and I was cooking and that, we did a week on budgeting. She really should me how to make a menu and to stick with it. So, I pulled out the paperwork that she gave me when she was here, and I am going to go from there.

Francie~ Bravo on almost being at your short term goal!!!! I am seven away from my next goal.....I am taking it 10 pounds at a time. But eventually I will get there!

Cristina~ I can't wait to see a picture of it if you have one! Me and Tommy weren't really sure about what to get. But I took a picture of a couple of things Harley Davidson related since he loves Harleys. I showed them to him and he came up with the idea of using the bar and shield, taking out the words Harley Davidson, and putting the kids names in it.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #45  

Good Morning Ladies!

Not much new here...made an extra trip to the gym last night with DH, and I am planning on going this afternoon to do weights. Out side of that just planning on trying to stay warm the temps took a dive last night.

Jane and Mindee~hope you both are warm in this frigid weather.

To do list:
Laundry
Kitchen
Bathroom
Gym

Hopefully I can get moving to get this all done.
Closed Thread