Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #91  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

HIYA FRANCIE! We must have posted at the same time! How did you like Juno? Me, DD and hubby went to see it and even he liked it! When he heard what we were going to see he just kind of sighed, lol. But he liked it. I thought about 27 Dresses...it looks funny but saw that The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was on so going to see that Wednesday instead. I read the book and loved it and am dying to see the movie. Over the weekend though I finally watched Knocked Up...I thought it was going to be funny. Well, it was but not as funny as I anticpated. Also watched Rush Hour 3...okay, one and two were okay but 3 was ugh. Anyway, glad to see ya back and sorry about the internet and cable being out, that would totally suck for sure!

Have a great day!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #92  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey Cristina!!!

We LOVED Juno!!!!! Its my new fave movie!!! I cried in some parts, lol. And Ellen Page (spl?) how cute was she!?!? I loved her!!! I wish it was out on dvd, so I can buy it. I really liked 27 Dresses. It was cute and predictiable..like your usual chick flick. Dh thought it was okay..he laughed at some parts, lol. I loved Knocked Up. I always bawl my eyes out at the end of the movie, lol. We also went to the bookstore this weekend..and I got 2 new books. "The Little Lady Agency & The Prince" by Hester Browne..and "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I've been wanting to read it for the longest time!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go read now...bbl
Old 02-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #93  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Tammy - did you order the chair locally? If not, maybe you can find it online. Shipping would be a bear, though.

Cristina - skee ball! right!! I can get almost vicious playing that game, hahaha!

Francie - I have My Sister's Keeper and Plain Truth by the same author sitting in my bookcase, and was going to start one of them until I saw the new John Grisham novel, The Appeal. So far, it's an excellent book! Classic Grisham, with NO mention of football as in his last (boring) novel.

A big hello to you other JLs.

Tomorrow I'll be busy running errands in town. I'm going to try to get my ironing done tonight so that isn't hanging over my head.

Neal tracked in fire soot from outside all over the living room carpet. You should see it! I didn't fuss at him at all, because he felt bad enough about it. Carpet cleaner guy is coming Thursday.

Food is OP.

TTFN,
Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #94  

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies!!! Just trying to catch up today from yesterday...esp since DH had a few too many and decided that we needed to stay up late. I think we went to bed at 2:30am My poor sister had to get up for an 8 am class, but she definitely was doing better than I was this morning, and I didn't even drink anything!!! No fair. Oh well, I was pretty mad at DH because of how much he drank, but I guess he paid for it today...hung over and not feeling well at all. Took DD1 to the dr so she missed school again today! She seems to have a sinus inf, so hopefully with the antibiotics she will be able to kick it. Also had the dr draw her blood, they are doing a CBC, Hemoglobin and lead tests. Will keep you all posted on how the results turn out.

Otherwise, just trying to make it thru the day, between staying up too late and TOM being overly heavy, I am just wiped out. I think I am going to try to get to bed by 9:30 or 10 tho so I don't mess up my sleep schedule.

Jane~oh my goodness! Soot all over the carpet!!! I would have flipped...but I have calmed down, esp with kids my carpet is never clean. I finished my Clancy novel, and I picked up two books from the library Growing up absurd and How to be good I can't think of the authors right off the bat, and I am too lazy to find them.

Francie~So sorry about your internet and cable...I would have gone nuts! I would like to see 27 Dresses, but don't think DH will want to see it. WE rented Wedding crashers and Superbad. Loved wedding crashers and superbad was ok.

Cristina~I didn't watch too much of the game either, but I did see the end of it. Was nice here untill it started to snow, but today it warmed up, and will stay warm until tomorro night, but then we are supposed to get more snow, they are saying another 4-6 inches...good thing I have my books to read. Dh and I saw Knocked up a little while ago, and I thought it was going to be funnier, but still a good movie

Mindee~hope your mojo comes back soon, I know there are times I just keep pushing, even tho I didn't feel like it, but that helped get me back on track. ((hugs))

Tammy, Trish, Vann, Sue and anyone I have missed~ &

Oh, I almost forgot, Didn't make it to the gym today, but will try to get there tomorrow evening...Dh is on vacation, and that should make it easier to get there, but somehow, we never do!!! I really need to get back to my spanish lessons too, haven't done them in about 3 or 4 weeks...hope I haven't forgotten too much. Have to run, almost time for the kids to get in bed.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies

Just a quick check in to say hello. Didn't get everything done on my list today, but I am doing better with things. Staying OP. I spent today planning my meals for the week.

Hopefully, I will get into house work tomorrow & I am going to try to start going to bed earlier at night hopefully no later than 11 pm. That isn't always easy to do. Have a great evening ladies.

Hugs,

Trish
Old 02-05-2008, 12:59 AM   #96  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Gurls!!!

Hey all........

Hope you all are doing well. It is still 60 degrees here!! I have the windows open!!! Freaking amazing!!!! I didn't go to work tonight (obviously) my back was still a bit sore so I decided to stay home. I will have to go back tomorrow night though, if I wanna get paid that is. lol. (outta personal time)

My mom called, she is getting scr**ed by her job right now, sorry don't know how else to say it than that. They are forcing her to take a class to get her CNA (Certified Nurses Aid) license and she does not want to be a CNA. She was one for about 23 yrs or so and that was long enough. Now she is a resident assistant, they help with housekeeping and passing out feeding trays, etc. Well if she quits, they are going to make her owe $1200!! She unfortunately signed some papers so who knows what she agreed too. So she won't be moving up here this summer, she said maybe next year or so, but I'm not counting on it. I'm not mad at her for it, its her life, not mine, I'm just upset that she didn't have someone look over those papers before she signed them, now she is stuck there. But I guess as they say, "live and learn".

I wish I had the $$ I would just pay the a$$holes and move her up here, but unfortunately we don't have that kind of money. I am thinking about possibly getting a (gulp) 2nd job. Maybe I could find one to do from home and then if I do it on my nights off, then maybe I can see if down the road maybe I could do it full time and leave my crappy a$$ job!!! Plus earn some extra $$ maybe I can send to my mom to help her with some bills she has.

I dunno I just hate that she is stuck there, you know? I know what its like to be stuck somewhere and its no fun. So I may see what I can do to help her out, at least maybe help her pay off some of her bills so she can at least not have to worry about that.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough, sorry.........just really concerned about my mom. I want her to be here, so its easier on her and I hate to here that she has it harder.

Big
Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #97  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well i did get some good news I guess......the scale had moved back down......AFTER it had gone up from the eating out. So, I guess that is a good thing! we did our grocery shopping and I had gone down one aisle and mentioned to Tommy to grab something (I don't even remember what it is now) and he says "I thought you said no junk food?" So, we left out of that store with no junk food.....we then had to go to another store to finish up our shopping, and again left without any junk food!!! I am so proud of myself. We even bought a ton of fruit to have in the house!

Cristina~ The WI went okay I guess.....It told me that I had gone back into the 240's which I thought I was away from.....but all the eating out had crept up on me. So now that we have our meals planned for the next month I am hoping that we will be back on track......AND with no junk food in the house it is going to be even better for us! I constantly get motivated by you wonderful ladies and sharing in your experiences! I did these stripper type exercise programs on OnDemand a while ago, and liked them because they engaged different muscles then any other work out programs that I have done before. So, maybe I will look to see if there are any more of those on there. If I am not mistaken though, we also get exercise tv somewhere on our thing.

Sassy~ We had warmer weather on Monday as well......it is suppose to be 50 on Tuesday.....and then snowing that night! that is just crap that your mom is stuck where she is now.

just a quick pass through since my gums are bothering me now along with both my ears. So, I am debating if I am going to take some motrin for the pain.....which usually puts me right to sleep. I am trying not to take that too much since it seems like I am gearing up for it every night just to get some sleep.....which is not a good thing. SO, I am trying to use it as a last resort.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 AM   #98  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies...

I just got done walking. Needed to get it done. I have felt completely horrible all weekend, but managed to keep myself busy. Not sure what's wrong, just having belly aches.

I'm trying to keep my eating in control.....not being very good at it at times, but I'm better than I have been in the past. And I'm still walking. Need to get back to the gym someday. Can't waste a membership like that!

I'm exhausted, so this is just a quicky. I'll try to get on tomorrow morning and catch up w/you all.

And since I'm the last one for the night and we're close to the end....I'm going to close this one and start a new one.

So see you all at 287.
Closed Thread