Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #76  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!

Francie~ don't overdo it...you can get so excited about doing it, then wham, you get hurt, I was out for a month and a half because I pulled part of the diaphragm muscle. And it was not any fun.

Mindee~ good luck with the teething. I hope your tummy feels better soon!

Sassy~ so good to hear from you. Enjoy your weekend!

Christina~ I need to make a list too, I always forget. I am about 1/4 way thru my 4th book right now, Tom Clancy's Without Remorse It is a little bit different reading style than I am used to but I am enjoying it. THe problem is that it is too big for me to take to the gym...I may be able to read it on the bike, but that would be all.

Well, today is an off day for me. But I really need to get in gear, my house is falling apart! Too many other odd errands to do the last few days, but I think that should be it. I can concentrate on the house, so it will be clean going into the weekend! I doo need to watch my food today the past two days have been borderline, with yesterday having very little control.

Goals:
~ Finish Laundry (finally!)
~ Clean kitchen
~Get kiddies to pick up toys
~ Vaccume
~ Write down everything that goes in my mouth
~ Fill water bottle and drink during the day
~ figure out dinner

Ladies have a wonderfull day! to all missing
Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #77  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

This will have to be a quick one today. We got about 2" of snow - WOOHOO!! You know I love snow!

Katie found the perfect wedding dress yesterday! Its an ivory tea length, with lots of beads and pears on the bodice. She decided to wear it for the reception, too. I'm having a ball planning the reception, which will be March 29. I really think the kids will get married on Valentines Day, don't you?

Miss Marti, where are you?

Today I'm redoing my guest room. So much to do, so few hours in the day! I'll try to be back later.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #78  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!!

Christina~The Pilot's Wife is pretty good..and kinda sad. Dh & I went to the bookstore again yesterday and I got 4 more books. 2 by Janet Evanovich (Metro Girl & Motor Mouth..have you read those?) and 2 by V.C. Andrews. So I'm on book 5 now!! YAY!!

And ladies~I'm not gonna overdo it, I promise. Today is my day off. Dh is coming home early, and we'll be going to the movies later today. Whenever he's home, he makes me feel lazy, lol.

Oh ya..we went to Target too yesterday, and I bought some weights for $2, a water bottle, a back support strap, and a another dvd called.."Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly, Boy Shorts Bottom" LoL!! I was gonna get this one called Bootcamp something but dh started saying how he didnt want the word bootcamp in his house..LMAO..He's a moron sometimes, lol.

So goals for today:
  • clean up living room
  • run the dishwasher
  • take a nice hot shower
  • read my book
  • go to the movies
  • drink water
  • eat healthy
Old 01-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #79  

They may be morons but they are our morons and we love them anyways!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #80  
I can dream, can't I?

Good afternoon ladies. We also got snow, but not as much as Jane, and I am not as enthusiastic about it as she is. I do not love snow.

I slept a little late due to DH and I getting back late last night. We decided to drive down south to a riverboat for the day. Nice drive and a nice day together. On the way home we had to sit through a major accident clean-up. I couldn't find anything about it this morning, but I am praying no one was seriously injured. DH saw them carry a child to the ambulance.

So far today I have been cleaning..and more to do. DH went to Lowe's and bought the new type light bulbs, 30 of them. He went around and changed bathroom and bedroom lights. Now I want to clean fans and fixtures. Would you believe we still have 22 more lights that need bulbs? Yowser! Good thing they were on sale...gotta go back for more.

Francie- You made me feel totally lazy so I am going to get back to my WATP today. I always have to start over at the 1 mile until I get back in the swing of it. I must admit, I love the kick backs and sometimes just do them during tv commercials. DH looks at me strange when I get up and march in place and do kick backs. LOL

Ellen- Heres hoping you get through your list today. I had always been a list person when I was raising kids and trying to keep house, a job and all. (I worked away from home off and on) Now that we are retired I make lists if we are going away so I don't forget things, but otherwise not. I do have to write notes to DH and myself if there is something on the agenda...we are so forgetful.

Jane- Come in from the snow lady, you will freeze! I envision lots of snow angels around your house. Wow, now you get to plan a party even earlier than the original wedding. Great that the kids are doing what they feel good about. And think of the money saved. The dress sounds lovely and I am sure Katie will look beautiful in it. Are they telling anyone about the elopement/details?

Mindee- Thank you for your help. I will check out your myspace later. Hope Marissa doesn't have a rough time with the teething. I barely remember those days...my babies are so OLD. Yikes, that makes me so OLD.

Hi Sassy, Good to see ya. Hope you have a fun week-end and can get back on track. That is something I am having trouble with. I did so well when I could get outdoors and exercise, but I hate this inactivity. Planning the WATP later today. I have one with inspirational music and it always lifts my spirits.

Cristina- You my friend are an inspiration also. You have done so well and seem to be positive about your work out and eating. I need to "slap myself around" a little to get back on track.

Jules- I know you are just squeezing and loving on that baby. They grow so quickly, so enjoy!

Marti- Where are you? Have a good week-end.

All this talk about reading and I finally picked up a book again. I hadn't started one since I finished a Christmas Promise, right after the holidays. Now I am on to a murder mystery, "The Body in the Snowdrift." I read whatever is passed my way from 2 sis'-in-law. I also buy used books from our library every year for 25 or 50 cents. Then I pass them on. When we travel I stick one of the cheap paperbacks in my bag and if I finish it on the trip I can just lay it down for someone to "find" or throw it away. I have probably 30-40 books here to read, but I don't keep very many books. They have to be special or hardbacks before I keep them. I used to have books piled sky high and I just don't want to do that again.

Well, off I go to finish the cleaning and get in WATP.

Have a good day chickies.

Last edited by suetalks; 01-17-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #81  
I was born this way hey!

Sue~That totally cracked me up..Because I do the same thing!!!!! LMAO!!! Last night, dh was uploading some songs onto his computer and I was bored so I stood up and started marching in place..and he's like.."what are you doing?!?!" and I sat down real quick and I was all "you saw nothing." LOL!!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #82  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUE...aaahhhh, thank you! That means a lot to me. I am doing my best to stay postive because one negative thought would be all it would take to just stop. I am definitely on a roll and plan to keep on truckin', lol. I am with you...I do NOT like the snow. I too will look at the library...have found some decent (hardcover) books for .25, can't beat that. I say we all ship to Jane! Sad about the wreck, hope no one was seriously injured.

FRANCIE...yeppers, I've read those two by Janet. I'm wanting to get Lean Mean, Thirteen but I swear everytime I get to the bookstore I see something else. I could easily spend thousands there in one day. But I keep it down to 2 books when I go depending on the price. If they are not marked down and about $25 I will just get one, but if I get one cheaper I will get two or three like I did the other day, lol. They always have those bargain books and I always find some there. Yay to book 5 and the Target toys! I started book 4...True Believer by Nicholas Sparks, so far, so good. Oh, I did go an dsign up at the goodreads site...I like it an dneed to spend more time there. Even got DD to sign up too!

JANE...I always thought a V-Day or a Christmas Wedding would be so nice. Maybe they will do it on V-Day...are they going to City Hall/Justice of the peace, a chapel somewhere or do you know? I bet the dress is pretty!

SASSY...yay for your weekend finally being here! Thank you for the hugs! I am better but I think I over did it a little today...so not doing any exercise. Of course I said that yesterday and ended up walking some. I just feel weird if I don't do any. So how are you doing missy?

MINDEE...like Sue, I can't remember when the kids were teething, so very long ago. I remember other things they did, but not the teething. Hope you are feeling better. DS & DD are feeling bad today and I told them to stay away from me! V is just getting over a cold too. I have had my share of something since Christmas Day and I don't want anything else.

ELLEN...I've read Tom Clancy before, I like him too! I've got several favs...Catheirne Coulter, Janet Evanovich, Nicholas Sparks, Kristin Billerbeck, Sue Grafton (although, I've taken a break from her for a while) Fern Michaels, Mary Higgins Clark, Kathy Reichs, John Grisham, Jennifer Weiner, John Saul, Belva Plain, Lisa Gardner and James Patterson...geez, that's a lot, lol! But I do venture onto others as well. Love that you and Francie have the lists. And yes, they are our morons and we love them , lol!

Had my grocery shopping to do today. I was in the frozen food section and looked to the right and saw Birds Eye steamed veggies, thought of you Francie. Then off to the bank and post office and home thank goodness. I swear the worse the streets are the worse people drive...just so rude. We did get 1.5-2 inches of snow and because these dummies were shipping salt off to other states they are cutting back on the salt mixture they put on the streets...dumb I tell ya, dumb! But, even though it's not supposed to get too warm today it is melting. But, lol...that means the melted stuff will freeze tonight. Oh well, I don't have to get out in it tomorrow. Sticking around the house and getting things done. It was a nice -1 degree this morning when I went out, brrrr. Seemed like the perfect day for a pot of chili...have my pinto beans cooking now, yum! Anywho...

Hope everyone is having a grand day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-17-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #83  

Height: 5'1"

Quicky for now:

We are backing up files off our computer but I managed to sneak in a minute to let ya all know what I'm up to.

Also working on our bathroom. Tearing up the wallpaper right now.

Don't worry about me, I'm around just not on the computer.

Will pop back in when we're finished!

Hugs to you all!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #84  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

Rissa is doing better today. Now, if I can stay out of the bathroom long enough to be productive, it would be great! I did manage to get everybody, including myself, to take a nap today. So, that was somewhat productive!

Ellen~ Thanks for the nice words....she is feeling better. I am feeling a little bit better.....now if I can get my stomach to cooperate with the rest of my body!

Jane~ That is great to hear that Katie found a dress! that sounds like the plan of them possibly getting married on Valentine's day!

Francie~ I will have to look for that workout DVD.

Sue~ Not a problem about myspace! Marissa is doing better...she seems to think that she needs to eat soup and sandwiches with us for dinner. But she was just eating a biter biscuit a couple minutes ago.

I just stuck my finger in Marissa's mouth and sure enough, the stinker has a tooth through! So, now let's hope that her teething goes smoother now that she has one through.

Cristina~ I am trying to stay away from Tommy so that he doesn't get sick. But usually it goes through all the kids, then me, and then Tommy. So, I am trying to nip it in the bud before he gets it.

Marti~ It is good to hear from you!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #85  
ugggg.....

Mindee--Teri is already asking when Nick will be getting teeth. He's been such a great baby. He hasn't been fussy for the most part. He did give her a day yesterday though. He kept taking little cat naps of an hour or less most of the day and into the night. She was exhausted.

Marti--there are days I lurk but don't post. Somedays after being on the computer all day I just don't feel like typing. Good luck with the bathroom renovation.

Cristina-what's this good reads site?? I cant wait to see what happens to Stephanie next myself. We got 4 1/2 inches of snow. The main roads were good but the back road we live on hadn't even been plowed!! We got stuck coming up the driveway. Hubby plowed and then drove the car up. Ry got me a $25 dollar Borders gift card I need to go spend.

Francie--too funny about the marching in place...That exercise dvd sounds pretty good. The only boyshorts my butt has seen in a long while are hubby's boxers

Sue--that's a great idea about leaving the paperbacks--I used to do that when I went to the laundomat. There are a couple of groups around here that have people donate books and then they have huge sales. I usually give mine then and I also take them to Goodwill for others to enjoy.

Jane--I bet Katie is going to look so pretty. Is their anniversary coming up?? Dave keeps trying to talk Teri into getting married again but Marshall really hurt her--she thought they were going to be together forever. She did tell Dave if they do get married she wants a huge wedding in the park. She regrets just going to the courthouse with just me there.

Ellen--I am doing good with taking my vitamins and now I need to start filling my water bottle and drinking it!! I am going to have to join your list making.

Sassy--I for one could never forget you!!

Well I am going to hit a couple more places and go hang out with hubby.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #86  
I can dream, can't I?

Tammy- I forgot to ask what color you are going to paint?
Marti- Tell us about the bathroom reno. Colors and decor?
Jules- I am sure glad we didn't get that snow. What little we got melted quickly.
Cristina- We had chili tonight and I made up 2 bowls for the freezer. Mom can fix them when we are gone if she wants.
Mindee, Francie, everyone else...Hi again and good night.

Okay...just a quick pop in. I did a little WATP, but not as much as I wanted. Got sidetracked with a long phone call.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:02 AM   #87  
I was born this way hey!

Just stopping by to say a quick hello & goodnight to everyone. Dh leaves in about 2 hours, so I'm gonna go try and get some sleep next to him, lol. Oh ya..we finally saw Sweeney Todd today..OMG!! Great movie!! I totally loved it!!! I want to marry Johnny Depp asap, lol.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 AM   #88  
I was born this way hey!

Oh ya..I 4got to add this..

I hope everyone has a goodnight and sleeps well.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:13 AM   #89  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just a quick pop in since Marissa seems to be stirring again.

I am feeling better....but I don't want to jinx myself too much. Marissa is better....come to find out, the stinker popped one of her bottom front teeth through! so that is why she is in a better mood!

Jules~ I remember those days! For the most part, all three of mine are angels.....the boys just tend to be angels when they are sleeping! I'm just kidding......they can be angels at other times as well.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #90  
GmaTo8

TGIF!! (I don't know why I say that, since I don't have a job, and all my days are the same, lol/.

Marti - how's the bathroom coming along? It will look so different when you're done! Please share pics.

Sue - what do you think of this cold weather! Supposed to be in the teens in the morning. Maybe it will kill off some of the germs going around! I quit keeping books, too, except for my John Grisham and Sue Grafton ones, which I buy in hardback. I do have a few very, very special ones that I've kept, but not many.

Cristina - I don't know where they're going to get married, she won't say, lol. A tiny part of me wonders if they'll do it when we're at Disney. We'll be there on both their birthdays. Her's is March 3 and his is the 6th. But Valentine's Day is my first guess.

Jules - glad to hear the baby is not too fussy. Sometimes they get gas, or something, and cry so much!

Mindee - glad little 'Rissa got the tooth through! Jackson's going through the same thing!

Ellen - I agree with Julie, your lists are inspiring! I'm a list maker but just never did it here. The older I get, the more I need my lists, lol.

Francie - my DD Katie wants to marry Johnny Depp, too. Sounds like you got some good bargains at Target.

Sassy - thanks for the congrats.

Mary Kate and Angie - I miss you both! Please pop in, ok?

I'm having a tough time staying OP, and need a good, swift kick in the butt. I dont know what's the matter with me! I'll do great one day, and pretty darn bad the next. I do have some stress going on, so maybe that's it. Mary's dh got laid off, and is having trouble finding work because of his neck surgery history. No matter how old they are, it's hard to not worry about your kids.

Have a good one, ladies!
Closed Thread