Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #277

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Trish - all of my Christmas shopping is done, too. Mainly because we bought tickets to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for everyone in the family as part of their Christmas.

Jules - love the photos! You are so pretty, as is sweet Teri. The guys look like they're having a blast, lol.

Tammy - yowza, you saved a bundle, chicky. I thought about getting a Spot Bot, but am afraid it'll leave a clean ring that doesn't match the rest of the carpet. I want to replace my light carpet with either a darker color, or hardwood. Either way, $$$.

Marti - hope you had fun with Jhanai today.

I got some laundry done and not much else. Anyone see the new book about Rhett Butler? It's called Rhett Butler's People and is basically his side of Gone With the Wind, so I bought it. I''m only up to the 3rd or 4th chapter, but so far, I really like it. He was always my favorite character in the GWTW book, anyway. The scoundral, lol.

I have been very careful with food today, to help offset yesterday's high points. Somehow, it's been hard for me to get enough water in, so I'm working on that right now. Glug, glug, glug.

See you tomorrow,
Old 11-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

Jane--thanks for being sweet. That books sounds neat--don't we love the bad boys.....Hubby & Dave did get along suprisingly well. Ry stayed the night and helped us with leaves today, I hated to take him home...

Well ladies, I am tired!! It's only 8 and I am ready for bed!!

Last edited by jules1216; 11-24-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:35 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jules,,,ah poor Teri. Bad enough having to do that kind of hrs on Black Friday but be that far along...
Every Sunday Brandon comes for dinner and I feel so blah after he leaves.

Jane,,,oooo Im going to have to find that book. I just finished Gretchen Wilson's bio,,Redneck Woman. Really makes me enjoy her music more.

Not much happening,,,glad its Friday. I haven't gone and got my clothes I have to wear for the fashion show.

Well better get to bed, night all
Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Mindee - yay for you, having dinner for everyone. Not sure I could've handled it at your age, lol. My mom always had everyone at here house, and we brought a dish or two. You're a good woman!

Jules - hey, I just call 'em as I see 'em. You and Teri ARE very pretty. And knowing your personality just makes you even more so.

Angie - I read more of it last night before bed, and I really, really like it. Yes, we do like the bad boys, don't we, lol. This is a big book, too, nice and thick to keep me entertained for awhile. Sometime I just hate to see a good book end, don't you? Btw, how far away does Brandon live? When's the fashion show? Wish I could be there!

Hi to everyone else.

The scales showed a 1 pound gain this morning. I should've got weigh on Thursday AM like you, Marti! I was surprised, but put on my big girl panties & dealt with it, lol. I changed my siggie to reflect my shame. Next week will be better, right?

Today I just have to go get groceries. I didn't want to get in the crowds yesterday, but we're running out of fresh fruit, and milk, etc. So I'll put on my game face and get in there, lol. I don't mind the crowds, but people start to get rude right at holiday time when they should be festive! Darn Scrooges!!

It's cooooold in southern Indiana, so I'm gonna dig out my long johns. After planting THAT visual in your head, I'm outta here! Have a good one!

Last edited by Jane; 11-24-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

I weighed this morning and was still up 1 lb from Thanksgiving morning. We didn't go out yesterday, but we are going to Ryan's to eat today. I rather like to eat there as it is easy to stay OP. Going to have steak and salad.''

Jane - Thanks for sharing about the book. I guess we all of us who who remember GWTW loved Rhett Butler. So I'll have to get the book the next time I go to Wal-Mart and read it. My DH was born in Terre Haute, Indiana and his son and his family live in Columbus, IN. He has cousins who still live in IN. You said you live in south IN. Where do you live in relation to Columbus. We were in IN in September to see his son and met his cousins in Bloomington.

My company will be here one more night. Not much sleep since they've been here. Got up this morning and played the "good" grandmother and made eggs and toast for the children. They were so excited that they were getting eggs and toast instead of cereal. Isn't it strange how that some times given a choice children would pick what is good for them. DD's new hubby's little 6 year old boy told us the first day he was here this time "I would love to live here forever. You know why?" His Daddy said "why?" He said, "Because I always get eggs for breakfast when I'm here". Made me feel really good.

Have great day!!!!

Trish
Old 11-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Trish, I live just south of Vincennes, in the country. About 60 miles south of Terre Haute. Next time you're near, we'll arrange to meet for lunch! Yay for being a good grandma... I think my DGKs would rather live here, than at home, too. Not that I spoil them, or anything!

Last edited by Jane; 11-24-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:49 PM   #8  
ugggg.....

Trish--huby wanted to go out for Thanksgiving, but the kids wanted me to cook--they won!!

Jane--I have to admit I have a bit of road rage from time to time but why do people get so mean during the holidays???

Angelia--Ry used to come out at least on Sunday a month if not more when he only lived 15 minutes away--he's about 30 minutes away now--Hubby wants to start bringing him out any way. I hate it when they leave, it's so lonely without any kids in the house...
Old 11-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #9  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Just a quick drop in, I'm getting ready to give DGD a bath & read a book then rock to sleep.
Ok the rocking part is more for me than her.
I just love the feeling of her slowly drifting off to sleep as we rock together in Ma Ma's rocking chair.

I miss everyone & soon will be able to get back to posting more & seeing how everyone is doing.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family & friends and a lot of bargains on Black Friday !

Time for bath and splash fun

Talk soon !

K
Old 11-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick "hi" ladies to let you know I have been checking on you.

I have been busy with family, DD and "baby boy." That has been fun. Tomorrow is family dinner here. I baked a ham and made ham and beans, cole slaw and 2 pies. Just have potatoes, cornbread and some little goodies to fix in the morning. DH requested ham and beans but some DGK's don't like them, so I added lots of other things.
Turkey day was fine, over rather quickly it seemed. I ate fairly well for both lunch and dinner. It was the nibbles that sent me over the top...as usual.
Mom is not doing well so I got her an appt. for Mon. I hope they can get rid of her nausea because she is not eating much and I think she is depressed. I know I am stressed and worried. She also has a kidney scan. I will keep you posted and thank you all for asking and for your concern.

DS bought me a gift subscription to Netflix, so I have shopped for a few movies for my list....way too many to choose from.
Brrrrrr.....very cold here.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:17 AM   #11  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in to see how every one is doing.....I am down about 2 pounds since I weighed in the other day. So, I am happy about that.....

nothing really new on this end.....just enjoying some time with Tommy and the kids. we put up our Christmas tree on Saturday, so the kids have been enjoying that. Marissa hasn't taken her eyes off it since it has been up. Brandon and Logan keep looking at it and saying "ha ha" (which is their way of saying "ho ho ho" and then they try and touch it)
Old 11-25-2007, 03:14 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi

Hey all,

I'm still alive. lol.......

Take Care!!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #13  
ugggg.....

Sassy--I love your snowy pics--hope you are feeling better soon and back to posting again!!

Mindee--Teri & the boys (Ryan & Dave) are going to put up their tree this week. Somehow Teri left the decorations when she moved out of Marshall's place but has the tree--the boys wanted a live one but she said wait until next year since she will be on Maternity leave for 6 weeks--she's hoping she's only off 4. I did get them a little Norfolk Pine and bought some bulbs to hang on it.

Sue--enjoy your family time--hope your Mom gets feeling better soon!!

Kelton--I cant wait to rock my little Dominick!!

Well..I am going to start digging out the Christmas stuff today...we won't get our tree yet...There is a little church near where we work that has a member that donates trees and then all the profit goes to a missionary couple in South America--we always buy ours there.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick from me today. Last day of vacation...must take advantage and do something!

Chat w/you all later!

Last edited by Marti; 11-25-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #15  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just a quick fly by from me for now.....

Jules~ We would get a real tree.....but unfortunately, I am allergic to them. So, we have to have fake ones. Although, I like having the fake ones, they are much easier to take care of!!
Closed Thread