Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Jen- Glad you'll get something positive out of that situation! Good grief!

Ash- Welcome!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #167  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Well I finally made it to the shop to inspect my dress. It's perfect! Well, not perfect. It's a size 12 and I want to lose 10 lbs by the wedding and it fits pretty well now.... except the boobs. The cups in the dress are huge! I could catch a turkey in the space between the dress and my chest! So, if I don't magically grow another cup size, I'm going to be shopping for falsies...

Where are all the brides???

Last edited by junebug41; 05-12-2008 at 05:56 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #168  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone - it's been awhile. So my wedding is 5 months from today. I finished all of the planning back in February, so the past few months have been just kinda sitting around letting the days go by. I'm starting to think about the wedding again now - wedding bands, invitations, shoes, favors, etc. I like that am able to take things slow, but I'm still ready for the day to be here.

I have 5 months to work out and lose more weight before the wedding. I'm struggling with losing weight the past few months, have been holding steady from 136-138. I'm not too horribly upset about that because I lost a lot in a year. I would like to get about 5-6 more pounds off by the wedding so I'm thinking of cutting back my calories and stepping up the exercise. I've been pretty good with exercise but calories have been a bit high. Not enough to make me gain, but not low enough to lose. I would love (in my secret mind) to be 115 pounds and have no flab, but I know that might not happen for a long time or at all. I'm trying to be happy with my new body as it is, even though I'm still trying to lose weight and get in better shape. I would love to be 130 for the wedding and especially the 2 week honeymoon in Hawaii, but I'm not going to let those last few pounds drive me crazy. I know that my dress fits (it actually has to be taken in) and that I have done very well over the past year. I am not going to be a bride obsessive about her weight. And that's a promise!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:47 AM   #169  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
I could catch a turkey in the space between the dress and my chest! So, if I don't magically grow another cup size, I'm going to be shopping for falsies...
Now THERE'S a visual! :laugh:

I have that problem in ALL tops, not just formal dresses. I'm so big that clothing manufacturers assume I have huge boobs. Not true. Being over 300 pounds and a B cup is practically an oxy moron, but it's me!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #170  

Wow, NoVa! You have lost quite a bit of weight! Congrats! I did not reach my goal by my wedding. I decided to just be happy and healthy and enjoy the day. Looking at the pictures, I kinda regret not making a last-ditch effort, but I am forever grateful for how sane and relaxed I was in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding. I think it was worth the trade off! I wish you luck and big hugs! I know the temptation to starve yourself is alive an well in the bridal world

Turkeys, Jen? Huh. LOL
Old 05-15-2008, 06:50 AM   #171  
Ready to do this!

S/C/G: 215/197/145

Height: 5'7

Hi! I'm new here, have posted before but opened a new account and I'm starting over. I'm getting married in either October or January, but leaning towards October. My fiancee and I are getting healthy together and attempting to have fun doing it. I'm excited to be here and get the support of other girls in the same situation!
reddahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #172  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Hi Y’all. Sorry I have been MIA! I have a lot going on with work, and of course wedding planning, and just don’t have the time to cover all the little corners of the internet I like to frequent as much.

Lafayette – I’m so glad your wedding went so well! Sounds like the perfect day.

I haven’t lost any more weight, and I don’t care. I know how that must sound, but I’ve come to an understanding with my body and we get along just fine. I am always striving to eat better and I have fitness goals (I’ve run 2 five mile races this spring, plan to train for a half marathon over the next year), but if the scale doesn’t want to move that’s it’s own business I guess. I feel awesome and am happy with how I look (most days anyway) so I’m not really saying weight loss is specifically on my agenda for now.

I had my final dress fitting a couple weeks ago, it is so gorgeous. I am so happy I found that dress! Almost everything is taken care of at this point, just a couple little odds and ends to take care of this weekend. FMIL and some members of the wedding party arrive this Wed, bachorette party is Thurs, Fri night we’re having a small family get together at the hotel to celebrate Shabbat, Sat is rehearsal/dinner, and Sun is the big day! It really sneaks up, I’m telling ya.

I am excited, but there will be a big sigh of relief when this is over and we can get back to life as usual.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 188/179/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to 3FC, and I just stumbled into this thread.

My fiance proposed last summer on June 29th, and we're planning the wedding for next fall. Hopefully early September '09. I am hoping to be at goal by then as well. I am so new to this wedding stuff and I feel totally lost. But I just read this entire thread (...yeah) and it's been such a big help. Congrats to all of you!

So far, the only thing I have picked (I think) is the place. I don't have enough posts to include a link, but it's called the Jardin Del Sol in Snohomish, WA. I want to see it in person, but we're 99% sure this is the place.

Again, congratulations to all of you and I hope I get to know you a little better!
Spiders from Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #174  

Way to go, Shan! So glad you've decided to break away from the pre-wedding diet trauma and just enjoy yourself. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out! Congrats!

Welcome everyone!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #175  
Let's do this!

Since my last post is gone to the forum Gods, I would like to congratulate Shannon (Irishowl) again for her upcoming wedding!

Also, I have to gush for a moment about how excited I am!

I'm not big on favors, but decided that I wanted to add a special "Colorado" touch to the garden theme. I searched high and low for a Colorado company that would sell me little jars of CO honey without charging me a fortune and I found one! They sent me a free sample and they are darling! Also, the honey comes in several flavors like whipped cinnamon, strawberry champagne, wild chokecherry jam, raspberry whipped and regular old wildflower honey. They sent me "bumbleberry" which is a whipped mix of blueberry, raspberry and blackberry and OMG! It's delicious! And the jars are really simple little glass jars that you can have customized.

I think I'm on a sugar rush or something... But I just had to brag. www.honeyvillecolorado.om
Old 06-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #176  
Slow but steady...

S/C/G: 192/166.4/165

Height: 5'7"

Junebug41-- that is an adorable idea-- I love the idea of something 'local' as the favor. I'm getting married in September in the Cape Ann area of Massachusetts. At first I was thinking salt water taffy, but not everyone loves that as much as I do...

The honey idea is very cute for Colorado...
clibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #177  

I'm so happy I found this thread!! I'm getting married at the end of august and i am really starting to feel the anxiety of having to look "perfect" on that day. Its so stressful. I would really like to lose about 7 lbs to be at the weight I was when I met my fiance. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I am short and every lb shows. I usually eat great for 3-4 days and then binge and gain in all back. Its a vicious cycle. I need to stick to it.
I'm so excited about getting married but this pressure I am putting on myself is insane...do others feel this way too? i kind of wish i just eloped.
mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #178  
Let's do this!

clibrarian: I know a lot of people say they aren't wild about salt water taffy, but I think that would be a really great touch and incredibly appropriate for the setting Not to mention relatively inexpensive! My maid of honor lives in Boston and would LOVE to get married on the cape... if only the boyfriend would pop the question!

Mazda- congrats! I'm getting married on August 23rd, which was incredibly stupid on my part. The Democratic National Convention is the following week in Denver and all of my guests are flying in to DIA. Now, if DF would have asked when I was ready 2 years ago, none of this would have been an issue

I am so with you on the vicious cycle. My problem is weekends. I'm ok with one offplan day, but I tend to stretch it from Friday night to Sunday night. No good.

And yes. I should have eloped.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 AM   #179  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

Well I picked up my wedding dress last Friday and have only lost 2 lbs since buying it...well oddly enough its a whole size too big i think, especially in the top. Looks like i'll be finding someone to alter it for me! WOOHOO...something else to deal with.

I'm getting nervous. We have a lot to do and have 149 days left!!EEEEEK! I am ready to just scrap it and take my wedding dress and fiancee to Vegas. Lets go! (i just re read the previous posts about eloping...nice to know i'm not alone)

I have decided on calla lilies for flowers, and i'm working on cake this week. So, so so much to do!

I'm just as bad with the good day/bad day cycles. Oh well, at this point i'm just glad there are good days!!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:01 AM   #180  
Let's do this!

Just checking in, making sure all the brides-to-be are still around...

We confirmed our officient today, which was huge relief. Really, I thought we were going to have to marry ourselves! We meet with the florist on Sunday and I'm dropping off my dress at the seamstress. And the wedding announcements are done.

Next up: sending out the invitations!

Where is everyone? Even if you've never posted, lurker brides-to-be, come out and say hello

Here's the pic we used:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R&J5.jpg (16.2 KB, 7 views)