Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #106  
a work in progress...

Thank you for the lovely words, my friends. It is good to be back, I have missed coming here so much! Gives me strength!

Today I had a wobbly start, if only because I was so darn busy at work last night that I never had time to fix the lovely oatmeal and walnuts snack I had brought with me. It's true what they say...don't let yourself get too hungry! I came home ravenous, gobbled some celery and low fat dip, (not bad), a couple handfuls of pretzels and a diet coke, (still okay) and then... the gigantic chocolate muffins from Costco that my husband insists upon buying that I can usually resist... called to me from the counter: "PSSST! Over here! Yeah, that's right, I'm talking to you! Don't I look delicious? Mmm hmm. Hey! It's okay! You haven't eaten all night and you had a really crappy night, so it really is okay! Whatya mean you're on Weight Watchers? Who cares how many points I am? What's a point, anyway? Come on, you know you want me! Don't forget the milk!"

So I did succumb to his charms. BUT! I counted the points, and have acknowledged that I can't let myself get that hungry again. The scale did show a delightful water loss number today anyway, so it's all good.

Moving forward...

Anagram...here's hoping that you are feeling better today... schmaltzy Christmas shows go a long way in the healing, nurturing process! I'm due for an "It's a Wonderful Life" viewing around here...no one will watch it with me...grinches!

Arabella...I hope that your physical went well. And that your kanoogies have not frozen off!

Amarantha...am thrilled to hear of your diet demon's a$$ kickin'!

Kaylets...I love the image of you picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, readjusting the tiara, and climbing back up on the wagon! Put your seat belt on this time, honey!

ceara...Congrats on your win! I was actually thinking of you as I was watching the National Dog Show on Thanksgiving... How thrilling for you!

wsw, Eydie... Hoping that you are surviving the hustle and bustle of the season.

Time for me to make dinner...there's a gigantic salad and a walk with the dog in my immediate future.

Have a lovely night, faire queens!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #107  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Cool Brrrr.... *yawn*

We seem to have run out of oil in the middle of the night, despite being on automatic fill. And the furnace was making some kind of weird knocking/humming noise that I kept waking up, wondering what it was, and trying to get back to sleep. Finally woke up for the night at around 2:30. Hope they're here to fill up the tank and get the furnace going again. It's COLD! I've got a little space heater in here so I'm not too bad but not what you'd call comfy.

The doctor's appointment -- as far as I know at this point -- went well. He said I seem to be a pretty healthy lady. Mind you, that's before any tests come back but... We did have a weight conversation. He was trying to impress upon me that, even if you only eat really healthy foods, you still have to watch amounts to control weight. As he so eloquently put it:

Cows eat nothing but grass and hay and look at them.
So. I don't like it much but I have to admit the man has a point.

He also did a pap smear, so that's another nasty checked off my list. Now just the colonoscopy to look forward to

I was hungry when I came home and I also succumbed to the chocolate -- a 100 gram bar. For the curious it was dark chocolate, a Black & Green Maya Gold (orange/spice flavored). Organic, fair trade -- only guilt is the 526 calories. Got to enforce that "only at the table" rule again.

Kat, I remember a friend of mine who was in AA saying that they heard, over and over, about the importance of the "HALT" rule: Never get too Hungry Angry Lonely or Tired. For me, the hungry and tired are the killers. Either one lowers my resistance something wicked.

On we go! I'd better get some work done before I fade out. Which could happen any time Hmmmm... could be cozy in bed...

Let's make this a good one, Goilies!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-11-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #108  

Sheesh - out of heat - no good except if it burns a few of those delicious 526 calories. And chocolate muffins (esp mocha but really any flavor) would be calling my name too. Have had more than a few during my recuperation. Only one left in freezer.

So why was I surprised when I stepped on scale today and rechecked it today because I couldn't believe the number? Up about 8 pounds from most recent lows. Now some I'm sure I'll lose when I'm up and at 'em but some I'm sure will still be with me.

Starting PT tomorros (ouch!). Still not able to drive so been calling on friends. I've scheduled appts. through Christmas and only need 2-3 more friends on board for drivers. Can only make so many calls at a time though. NOT looking forward to this. But DID manage to get back to contact lenses yesterday and today added compression hose to the mix so it's progress of a sort.

Rainy, damp etc still. Ah well = had no other plans anyway - see plan for weekend.

Deck the Halls.......

Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 AM   #109  

Hello all!

Kat! Glad you've found your back! Remember, you are dealing with lots of NEW issues..... You really are doing the best you can right now!

Anagram! Glad to see you are seeing some progress, albeit, not as much as you want.... It'll come together!

Woodnymph! Hope you have heat by now! Its not that cold down here ( compared to your realm)....but I sure would miss my heat....

Its very raw..... right to the bone....Luckily, I found some teas that have been waiting for me.....

More long hours for me this week as next week is another week of vacation....
Use it or lose it.... I sure would be glad if they just would pay me for it BUT.... I guess it will be nice to have another week of no plans.....

TO all I didnt mention, I only saw the last page.... I hope you are all doing well in your kingdoms!

Here we go WEDNESDAY!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #110  

Smile Good morning, Queenlies!

It's a beautiful winter day out there. This year's really putting the boots to any expectation of fall lasting until Dec. 21 -- long gone! We had a storm on the 1st and it's been looking a lot like Christmas ever since. Maybe this is the year I'll take up snowshoeing/x-country skiing... It could happen...

Plans to WI this morning instead of tomorrow went kaflooey. Weight up inst. down. I fear I'm going to have to concentrate more and use more discretion. Who knew the weight wouldn't just fall off because I wanted it to? It's not that I'm not putting in an effort, just that -- clearly -- I'm not putting in enough effort.

The choir sang carols for a VIP reception at the arts center last night. My friend wanted to sing with the sopranos because she didn't know the alto parts and said the sopranos sing the melody. We needed more altos, I think -- will sit in that section next year. Now there's just the Sing-along Messiah and then we've got no more performances until Easter, when we're doing Mozart's Requiem. Lotta music to learn!

Kaylets, vacation sounds good to me! Enjoy! The house was warm again by dinner time. Just in time for a hot shower and dinner and then into bed.

Anagram, huzzah for contacts! I like my new glasses but when I had to wear them all the time for a couple of weeks I got sick of it. Contact lenses are so convenient. Except at the end of the day when I'd prefer to be able to just take a pair of glasses off my face. I'm so lazy!

K, must be up and at 'em. Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-13-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #111  
a work in progress...

Quick fly-by amidst crazy christmas doin's...so much to do, so little time, such lousy weather!

Here's hoping all is well with all s, near and far....

Back to work, I was actually checking a price for a gift, on Amazon, when I felt the need to pop in...must pop OUT now.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:38 AM   #112  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Hi all! Work has hopefully been resolved...a long process. Still waiting on test results for me....all's well otherwise. I'm still grinning from the Best in Show though....shopping is not done...but hey! I've started it!

Have an early hair appt before a supply shift elsewhere...so must boogey! Have a great day!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #113  
a work in progress...

Good Morning, all! I'm just waiting for my coffee to brew...have already been outside today, got a fair share of exercise in by doing some...gardening? Hey! better late than never! With all that went on around here this past fall, I never got around to doing a good flower bed cleanout. When a day came where I actually had time to get something/anything done, invariably, it would rain. So, everytime I'd walk in my front door, I'd feel so guilty, seeing all the floral skeletons yearning to be laid to their final rests in the compost pile. Hanging Christmas wreaths above these forlorn shambles really did nothing to improve the situation. This morning, after taking my son to school, barely awake enough to realize what an undertaking it would be, I started pulling out stalks and scooping out piles of wilted old hosta leaves, trimming back my chrysanthemums, some of which were still bravely blooming underneath their blankets of debris and snow. It only took about a half hour to do a decent clean up. Not only that, I got some aerobic activity in, fresh air, and such a feeling of accomplishment!

I'm looking forward to weigh in Sunday morning. I've actually been avoiding my own scale <unusual> because I don't want the added guilt/regression if each day doesn't show something amazing. Silly, when you think of it, how much we undermine our efforts with crazy mind games.

Coffee's done. Hopefully, I'll get a few cards addressed as I sip a cup or two.

I hope that all are well and happy and enjoying each day, not stressing over what needs to be done next!

Hang in there, s !
Old 12-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #114  
Empress/Queen

Looks as though the queen gang's all here. Huzzah!

This is a bit o' a fly by till later as I am falling asleep. Did notice there are five stars on this thread. Does that mean something?

Sorry, can't stay awake. Shall go nap with puppy dog and cats!
Old 12-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #115  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Good work on the beds Kat! I must get my tree up...maybe.

Nice to see you Empress!

It is a busy time of the year...I have been picking up a lot of supply shifts lately and am so far behind on holiday prep that it isn't funny!

Dogs to feed this am...I will do some scrambled eggs for them on their kibble. I have to get out and walk before the snow ...and a later shift, so ...
Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #116  

Smile Saturday in the Gingerbread Palace

Cold and sunny, so far -- -10 with a windchill of -20. But... my new shearling boots came, so my feet shall be toasty. And the propane fireplace instert people actually managed to get a quote to us so we'll get started on getting that in.

Dietwise... well, it's been a spotty week with a few spectacular spills and a few stellar days. I'm always amazed at how I can feel so totally strong and confident some days and then others... If I could figure that one out and deal with it, I'd be thrilled.

One of the spills was the day of my writing group potluck. And then I was cranky and didn't want to go but went anyway. And it was so lovely -- everyone made it there and we all had a splendid time. Had a few chocolates and 2 teensy hazelnut cookies there, to add to the days total

But then Friday was perfect, no temptation.

Must get a handle on this. Tomorrow's DH's birthday and we're having people in for dinner. So I'll have to have my mind made up well in advance about how I'm going to deal with it. First thing is to be well-prepared so I don't go mad. I have found going mad to be deleterious to the diet plan

Amarantha! Happy to see thee back in the palace Ah, what a sweet picture, the Empress snuggled into nest of pup and kitties.

Kat, gardening! Wow. We've got a total winterscape here and have since Dec. 1. I'm starting to think about the urgent tasks in the garden come spring thaw. I've got magenta tulips and blue scilla that never made it to earth. Wondering about forcing them for the house...

Ceara, I don't remember what tests you were undergoing. Was it something medical? Yah, busy Do you get a good break over the holidays? I hope!

WSW, hope all goes well with you!

Well, I've got to run out to the store before it's a total madhouse. Love to all, mentioned or un. Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-15-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #117  
a work in progress...

Good morning...it's a beautiful, sunny morning...completely contradictive to all the gloom and doom weather reports of nor'easters and somesuch. I just might have to get the doggy out for a good brish walkie and take advantage of the sunshine before we get slammed.

Yesterday was a completely productive day...tree obtained, up and, well, it's not fully decorated yet, but the lights are on, beads are on, dh's Star Trek ornaments are on...yes, he's a geek, why do you ask? The boxes are out of the living room and it looks very pretty and Christmasy in there. Just don't look elsewhere...yet.

All major gift purchases have been made, those that need to be mailed are done and sent. I'm going to do some baking this week for family gifties and that's about it. I'm feeling strangely ahead of the game...in control...very unusual for me! I like it.

I did a quick peek at the scale this morning...6# down. I will get to WW tomorrow AM come **** or high water, nor'easter be damned!

Must get coffee now....have a great day, kids!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #118  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah to Ceara! Nice to see ye also, ye are a'doin' well!

Wood Nymph, the snugglin' hath continued on and off all day and be not the easiest thing in the world as pup is gettin' SO big but thinks she's still tiny!

Huzzah also to Kat, congratulations on the six pounds down! That is fabulous!

Going back to bed anon, just very off kilter right now. Greetin's to all, mentioned or un ...

Do you queens see the five stars on the thread? Or am I crazy?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 AM   #119  

LOVING YOUR NEW WEIGHT, QUEEN A~

Somewhere on the site I saw a place where one can rate a thread - so I did. Maybe others too, have not found it again to check back. So yes, there are five stars.

Loving all the Christmas plans, doings, and general successes.

Icy on all the trees and looking lovely but oh so dangerous. Didn't get the big snowfall that had been called for (whew!). Ice should melt somewhat later in the day and I wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Bundled me up for a walk to the corner yesterday. Only about 15 minutes but very cold. First in 3 weeks and awkward still with one arm still slinged. Not the same "flow". Getting to the "antsy" part of not being able to take off whene'er I want. But I've been out 3 times (once to doctor's, twice to therapy). Little gains evry day.

Still trying to work out holiday plans. Must check w/therapist on perils of missing some therapy.

Have a warm cuddly one, s - heading to put on the seasonal music, read paper, lounge.

After all, I did give birth on this day many years ago - so I'm rewarding me. And HB to DH, Arabella. I think we noted before the dual birthday. Will call her soon. After my tea....................
`
Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #120  

Just read your post, kat. Congrats - 6 pounds is a whopper loss.. I'd CRAWL in.

DS is a geek too and loves his Star Trek ornaments (as well as anything else in that realm). His bedroom in my house still sports a poster of The Triumverate (as he calls them) and two models hung from the ceiling. Did I ever mention the bedroomis STILL like that of an 8 year old and he's long married? Not my choice but I have so much else here that needs done that I just close his door.

Pick my battles,I do, and today's too peaceful a day to fight anything.

Closed Thread