Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #76  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Fresh start Monday -- here we go!

Feeling a little magenta today.

The scale finally budged today. I'm a sliver below ticker, but ... below ticker! Can't wait to move that sucker. Going to be this week FOR SURE. I expect it's the combination of vigilance and being off gluten. I'm going to lose weight before Christmas. Five pounds is a reasonable, doable goal and I will do 'er.

Managed to run up 8 flights today, 80 steps. Last flight was getting pretty slow and I could NOT have run up one more but I can see how this thing works. I'm looking forward to the time when I can start in the basement and run up 12 flights, run down and repeat. Yeah-ah!

Kaylets, congrats on getting rid of your FFs! I thought of one other tactic. They are said to often breed in drains, so pouring a kettle of boiling water down the drain is supposed to get rid of them pretty well. Going to have to try that my own self today as DH is threatening to buy spray.

AMARANTHA!!! 2.1 fluffies gone where the bad fluffies go -- fabulous!

Our sole cat now is very much into sleeping all day and not much interested in going outside now that the temps are almost always below freezing. Can't say I blame her

WSW, your puppy visit sounds fun! They're so frisky and loveble. Sort of like grandchildren

Where beist all our other lies?

Anagram, when's your surgery? I have the feeling that it's soon.

Kat, if thou lurkest Hope things are going well.

Ceara, bet you're busy busy busy. Remember to take care of yourself!

Eydie, don't be a stranger -- we quickly get used to seeing thy ly countenance in the Palace.

K, much to do today. Tonight's the final evening practice for TM and I must get in some practice through the day. Got laundry going, have to make soup for lunch, straighten the house (Wasn't it just relatively straight on Friday?).

And, then, of course, there's work. Better hop to it. Love to all! Let's make this a good one.

Last edited by Arabella; 11-26-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #77  

Hello all!

First day back from vacation.....didnt go as bad as I was afraid. Although the boss did grab a big fat folder and handled it for me, I had an equally big pile of brand new work waiting for me so ..... .....beat goes on.....

Upside Overtime work is now available again and I am going in early to get a lasso around that monster pile.....

So, WSW, catch me up, I missed something along the way..... are you the proud owner of new pup??? Or did you just have a visitor?
Seems like no matter what the breed, they truly are man's best friend....

WoodNymph.... good idea to slow down and savor. I do the same thing myself.....
And yes, slow but sure....

Empress.... you are doing well too.....

I wonder how the Fair Anagram is doing in her realm.... I trust the Royal Princess and the young Princesses are keeping a mindful eye on the Kingdom's affairs....

As for me..... DH is motivated to start a fresh WW's plan online.... So I am movtivated to make good soups and pack safe lunches.... Or at least I was tonight.... trying to get 2 or 3 days worth of meals planned and just keep moving forward like that.... Day to day is too much to stay ahead.

So....

Ceara, Edie, Kat, and all other Royals not mentioned.....

Let's remember our theme song.....

Progress, not perfection......

Fresh Start... No Guilt!!

Night to all!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #78  

Smile Rainy Tuesday

Good morning, Good lies!

'Tis rainy and a little foggy here. Not terribly cold, which is a blessing. The scale nudged a smidgen more today so I can almost move my ticker. Maybe tomorrow! I did a half-hour on the mini-tramp and then yoga. Got sound yoga at lunch time but it's not that physical.

Hard to believe that The Messiah will have come and gone this weekend -- our performance, that is. There's a community sing-along Messiah that the choir hosts during the Christmas week but the high-pressure performance will be out of the way. And we'll have months to prepare for Mozart's Requiem, which we're doing for Easter.

Must say, I'm in favor of the way the calendar has arranged itself this festive season. I should get in a solid week and a half of not having to work desperately hard.

Kaylets, that's great that your DH is going WW! It makes it so much easier. My DH is pretty health-conscious so I don't feel like I've got to fight him all the way along.

I think Anagram's surgery was scheduled for sometime about now. Let's all send her : and

Just checked back in the thread. By my reckoning, surgery was yesterday. Hope our valiant Anagram is recovering splendidly and being well-looked after.

And love, love, love to all! Let's be Regal, shall we?

Last edited by Arabella; 11-27-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #79  
wsw

kaylets-welcome back from vacation. hope all that work catch-up won't be too much of a pain. the puppy was only a visitor, but she was so cute, it was pretty hard to hand her back to her mommy and dady when they were getting ready to leave. it was a delightful visit, i must say.

hi arabella-glad to hear your hard work is moving your scale ever downward. congrats! also, nice to know your festive season is panning out well thus far.

definitely sending good vibes to our anagram, and hoping that the surgery goes/went well, and that the healing will prove to be as smooth sailing as possible.

hi amarantha! i got inspired by your efforts in moving that demon scale downward, and with my fresh start card firmly in hand, i am motivated and on the right track. i even weighed this morning, and actually it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, fortunately. onward and downward!

well, greetings to all our lovely queens, mentioned and
-un. take care, all.

Last edited by wsw; 11-27-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #80  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Royals! This be a fly by to say hi! Must away as off today! Really just watchin' my puppy as she worrieth me a little with the allergy thing, but all has seemingly been goin' well with her.

Congrats to Arabella for movin' that ticker down a beat or so. All those stairs, where are ye doin' 'em? Do you have these at home?

K, glad thou be enjoyin' the back-to-work beat, seemingly. Overtime be a good thing.

Wsw, YE always inspire ME, lass. Take care o' that fresh start card.

E, where'er ye be!

Ditto to Sword Bearer!

And to all others, mentioned or un ...
Old 11-28-2007, 05:09 AM   #81  

Good Morning Wonderful Wednesday!!!

I can hear the wind outside and its definitely a little chilly near the window.....

That's how it goes near the shore here..... Things can change very quickly.....

Yes, I like that Wood Nymph....Lets Be Regal......
That should be printed in a prominent place on the Fresh Start Card.....

Liking that thought a lot......
( As she imagines herself walking with a tiara with perfect posture.....)

I'm off to get the rest of the desk stampede under control..... Managed to get a few safe and sound in the corral but technical issues with many new employees mean lots and lots of small but VITAL details are being missed.
Which means of course, things are taking 3, 4 times longer than they should....

But, I did make progress and the errors are not mine so 2 out of 3 is a very good thing!!

Thought of the day:

"When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this:
You haven't."
Thomas Edison

Question of the day:

"Name a situation you succeeded when the odds were against you."

HERE WE GO WEDNESDAY, HERE WE GO!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #82  

Smile Regal we shall be!

Are we not s?

I had a lovely breakfast with a friend this morning and then ran into a woman I hadn't seen in 9 years. Lovely, lovely but took a couple of hours out of my morning. I have not been at my most productive the last little while and am going to have to make up for it. Ah well... Can do.

Haven't done any x yet today but for a little yoga but I'll definitely get a walk in and do more yoga, too.

I did some online Christmas shopping, so am feeling like I've got stuff done.

Kaylets, ahhh... what a lovely procession we'll make, tiaras in place and perfect posture all down the line as we sashay towards the solstice. Let's go!

Love to all lies! Let's make this a good one!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #83  

Good morning, Rega Ones,

/surgery was Monday, //////doing ok - trouble accessing 3fc. /WILL BE reading. Posting as can = a little tough right now.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #84  

Default TGIF in the Palace!

Going slightly mad with end-of-month work and getting ready for The Messiah and etc. But coping, no stress eating.

Got my 5-pound star at WW this a.m. Still can't quite move ticker but it's within .5 ... Soon, soon.

Anagram! Thanks for stopping in. So glad to hear that your surgery was ok. I'll send you some Reiki, if you'd like.

K, must reattach nose to grindstone. Love to all, mentioned or un- Let's take this day and do our level best with it.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #85  
Empress/Queen

Innocent Diet Maiden Amarantha and her mentor, Diet Wise Woman, along with other assorted diet 'n fitness adventurers such as Diet Fairie, Fitness Elf, etc., have crossed the bridge this Diet Consolidation Day (a diet holiday Am made up) into Diet Consolidation Land. As they stood on shore, they waved good-bye to some entities they had known before such as a host o' Diet Demons of all kinds (e.g., the Nemo Cake Demon, the Candy Bar Demon, the I've Lost Interest Demon, the Don'tCall it a Diet Even if it IS 'Cause if it's a Diet I Might Have to Commit Myself Demon, and some others).

The first thing they noticed in Diet Consolidation Land is that EVERYONE, slim or not so slim, was busy busy busy consolidatin' their healthy weight 'n fitness management efforts. Everyone was clear eyed, rational 'n disciplined about their efforts and seemed to enjoy it. A helpful constable in the first village they came to explained that enjoyment was the law in Diet Consolidation Land and that whiners were subject to fines if overheard moanin' about havin' to diet 'cause ALL subjects in the Land valued health 'n livin' life at a rational weight above all other goals except love. And love, said the constable, came best to those livin' a rational life, so it all kind of went hand in hand.

He directed them to the northern portion of the Land where at Healthy Weight 'n Fitness Castle FIFTEEN days hence a massive celebration o' the Land's special holiday National Diet Day took place. He said pilgrims of all kinds were even now makin' their way there in preparation for participatin' in this great holiday celebration. He said the pilgrims' journey was sometimes hard, through many deep dark diet dilemmatic forests and that they should arm themselves with some the special diet magic o' hocus pocus focus focus and start off immediately.

"We'll do 'er," said the diet adventurers. "By the time we reach the castle, we pledge we will be stronger in mind 'n body and resolve to consolidate our DIET efforts."

The hearty band o' diet wanderers then set off in the direction o' the castle and agreed to perform a Ceremony o' the Golden Scale the next morning in a clearing the constable told them about. Following that they would further CONSOLIDATE their plan.

Film at 11.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #86  

Smile We will do 'er!

Last practice was this a.m. DH and I walked around the harbour to the Centre. Somehow, I've ended up in the front row, sadly no alto singing in my left ear and no one hiding me in front It occurs to me that choristers who've done this before may go early so as to nab comfortable, mid-section seats. I had to chose between being beside a very loud soprano and being thrust into the front row. At least I've got altos singing behind me... And I'm sure it will be all right

It was really storming when we came out of practice. And now it's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas... Nice! I just don't want it to continue tomorrow. After the concert we've got our best friend couple (also in the choir) coming for dinner. They're bringing eggplant parmesan. I'm making a salad with baby greens, red onion, avocado and toasted walnuts and smoked salmon canapes. I've got 4 butter tarts in the freezer for dessert. I just won't eat one. :zip:

Diet and exercise go well. I've felt tired and a bit under the weather but have managed not to turn to ye olde drug of choice. Have been focusing intention during Reiki on (among other things) not desiring to eat for reasons other than hunger and it seems to be making a difference.

Amarantha, yeah. I'm moving to diet consolidation land for every day must be diet consolidation day. Huzzah!

K, lies, must get in a little more practice and then it's dinner and movie time. Hope all queens are nestled snugly in the

Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #87  
wsw

anagram-so glad your surgery is behind you now, and that it went ok! i hope your recovery is going well so far, too. sending lots of good healing thoughts your way.

amarantha-i be with thee in diet consolidation land!

arabella-hope your concert goes well tomorrow, and that you have a pleasant dinner with your friends afterwards.

and a hearty hello to all royals! now that it is getting colder here, it is yet another excuse i could use (but am not presently---nor will i) to jump off the wagon. i am resolved to keep trudging forward. i haven't been sleeping too well the past few nights, so hopefully tonight will be a different story. i actually have been finding most of my christmas presents without too much trouble. i had to get a few upcoming birthday gifts and also seemed to have managed to find quite a few christmas gifts along the way too. i am not usually this far ahed with all of that, so am pleasantly surprised. speaking of gifts--- tomorrow, i need to do a little healthy grocery shopping for myself. i kind of wore out today before i could get to it, but tomorrow i will do that. well, hope everyone has a good evening. thinking of you all. take care.

Last edited by wsw; 12-01-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #88  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

Fresh start Monday! How did the Messiah go Arabella? Front and center is good...as you said you have support behind you!

I'm off for breakfast, a walk and some shopping today I think....still on cloud nine after yesterday. A girl I co-own...Cheyenne, went Best in Show yesterday! Owner, breeder handled! That is unusual these day! I'm still somewhere in ga-ga land!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #89  

Smile Post-Messiah Boxing Day

Our friends last night announced a new concept: A Boxing Day after every major event. (For my American cousins, Boxing Day is the day after Christmas and a holiday in Canada.) Thus, today is a holiday because of that big event yesterday.

The concert went pretty well yesterday although my position wasn't ideal -- nobody to my left and the rows were raised so the people behind me were singing over my head. I started out trying to be quiet in case I made a mistake and then I just felt like the choir wasn't singing loudly enough and I'd better get over it and just sing. Anyway, I didn't perform any solos. Came in with the sopranos once but caught myself. Next year I'll know it better

Dinner was a little on the celebratory side -- too much wine and I did have a handful of chips and a sliver of cheesecake. Today I've got that "want that sugar out of my system" feeling. Glug.

Hey Ceara! Congrats on your girl!

WSW, it's nice when things fall into place like that. Sometimes shopping can be such a chore. I confess I've done most of mine online so far this year. Easy!

Anagram, sending good recovery energy to you. Hope you can enjoy this quiet time and that you aren't hampered too badly. :

K, Dollings -- I guess it's not really a holiday at all. Oh well... May your day be merry and bright anyway!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #90  
wsw

ceara-congrats on the win by cheyenne!! very cool!

arabella-i feel like i could picture you singing in the choir, and a lovely picture it was.

and hello to all royal dwellers. a quickie to say i feel like i'm definitely on a better food plan now, which hopefully i can stick with more easily. on my way out to complete errands. have a good remainder of your day, all. take care.
Closed Thread