Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 07:05 AM   #16  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone. Sorry, just a quickie here to let you know I am existing! This flu bug does not want to leave.

Sherry: I hope everything turns out well for you ... I will pray really hard!

Judy: Sorry to hear about your MIL - just stay with us and we will help you thru.

Sharon: I will be waiting to hear from you about papa. So sorry to hear he is worse. I will be praying for you today. Talk to you soon.

I am going to go and get dressed now, am going to try to go for WI this morning. We got snow last nite, have to clean off the car! lol

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 01-17-2002, 09:10 AM   #17  
Long Lost Chickie

Default I'm supposed to be working.

But the boss isn't here so the heck with that! Now I can talk to all the IMPORTANT people.

Peggy, thanks for missing me! Losing posts makes me very paranoid. Don't remember what I said or am doing! I do remember lamenting and agonizing about gaining AGAIN! Sigh. BTW, what did the policeman walking into your office want?

MaryK, I go for my mammogram on Thursday morning! Gyn's not until March though. I don't like either one much but have only had one mam. in the past and still can't quite get used to it. On the other hand, with all my past gyn. problems, I feel like EVERYONE has "been there" ... if you know what I mean. I'll talk to you Friday and we'll compare notes.

Sharon, {{{HUGS TO SHARON}}} I'll be thinking of your dad and sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Hang in there, sweetie.

Chrissy, you too! The whole family is lucky to have YOU!!!

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. {{{JUDY}}} Did you have that good cry? It's actually a good thing to do. Feels better afterward and is perfectly OK to do. BTW, good job on the fat free jello too. Another good thing to do!

Tricia, so what does a dog nose look like UP CLOSE??? Don't know much about Depo Provera but I understand that the Pill can make you gain too, can't it?

Sylvia, good to hear from you. Good luck on the WW plan. It does work if you stick to it. At least, when I stick to it, it seems to work for me. My problem is ... sticking to it.

Queen CJ, get better!!!! That's an order!!!!! Seriously, hope you're feeling much better soon.

Sherry, I already know that I'm losing my mind. Never quite had a firm grasp on it to begin with. I don't mind. Makes life fun. BTW, have I mentioned that I Love You!??!? I've been so good on walking on my treadmill AT LEAST once a day, usually twice, and couldn't understand why I was gaining or not losing weight. But then you mentioned about muscle weighing more than fat. I should measure myself! I must be doing some good.

Well, I should go. Just because the boss hasn't come in today (he may still show up unannounced - I hate that) I still have a ton of work to do. I don't mind. Makes the day go faster and keeps me too busy to snack.

BTW, for those who were asking, the kitchen renovation moves along at a snail's pace. We finally ordered the patio door on Tuesday ($$$$ YIKES! ) and Rich is taking tomorrow off so he can spend a 3-day weekend cutting and hammering and making lots of noise and dust, as men tend to do. Me, I'm just hoping he doesn't have a huge gaping hole in the wall if and when the snow comes. Now that could be interesting.....

Gotta run. Hope you all have a good one!
Much love, Jo.
Old 01-19-2002, 03:30 PM   #18  

Hi All,
I thought about 2 weeks ago I was going to start posting again here and I really was trying. But then we had a call and my mother in law who lives in Arkansas had a major medical problem with internal bleeding and we were called to go there. She is better now but has a very long road to go.
I guess the only good thing that came out of it is I lost 1 of the 6 pounds that I had gained over the holidays.Stress and not eating 3 meals a day helped I guess.

To everyone that has lost some pounds, I say good to you. And to those who are still trying but haven't quite made it, hang in there it will happen.

Sharon and Chrissy....I will keep Papa in my prayers and hope thathe isn't in much pain.{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Judy....My sympathy to you on the loss of your Mother In Law.

I will try to keep up agian now that I am home with reading the posts and posting. Love to all....Sandi

Last edited by SandiH; 01-19-2002 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:02 AM   #19  

Hi Ladies!!

Hope that everyone is fine!!

Sharon wanted me to post about her father. Papa had his surgery on Thursday. The doctor removed 1/2 of his stomach. Right now Papa is resting and is in alot of pain. We are now awaiting the pathology report on the tumor the doctor removed and also other little lymph nodes that he found attached on the outside of the stomach. Papa does definitely have cancer, but we don't know what kind yet. The report was suppose to be back yesterday......but that is hospital life.........slow. Papa will be staying a minimum of 10 days in the hospital. After that rehab for who knows how long. He will be a sick puppy for quite awhile. Sharon will be taking home her brother Jerry until Papa is on his feet again. I will be following Papa thru the rest of his hospital stay and rehab. When he gets home, I don't know yet. He will be receiving chemo depending on the type of cancer. Sharon is doing OK. She loves her father so. Don't know when Sharon and Jerry will be going home yet. It has been a tough week. It all started on Monday, for myself at least....going back and forth to the hospital. I think right now that a bunch of prayers are needed for Papa. I don't want to see him suffer.

Sandi - Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Hope that she gets better soon.

Judy - Sorry to also hear about your father-in-law.

This is going to be a short post. Need to wash clothes and get things done around here. Haven't been here. At the hospital all week.

Take care everyone.

Love you all, Chrissy
Old 01-21-2002, 11:29 AM   #20  
Conquering with SBD

Just back from WI this week. This is another week to celebrate a mini-goal. Actually, 2 mini-goals. This week lost 2.75 pounds. That moves me from the overweight category into the normal weight category. Woohoo! The second mini-goal - I have lost 50 pounds so far...well actually 51 pounds, but one of my mini-goals was to reach the 50 pound lost mark. Yes! Yes! Yes!

The Valentine's Day goal is getting closer, too. That's my next mini-goal, so hoping to get there within the next 2 weeks. I'm still trying...

This must be the time for annual check-ups. I go for mine this week, too, along with a mammogram. I have an appointment next week to get the results of the cancer that I had removed before Christmas, so the stress is piling on this week again.

Sandi, sorry to hear about your mil. Hoping that things are improving for her and that she is getting steadily better. Take care of yourself, too.

Chrissy - Thanks for the update. It is very difficult to watched loved ones suffer like that. I'm keeping you, Sharon and papa in my prayers.

Jo - I know what you mean about the mess in the kitchen. We have our kitchen apart, but I haven't ordered counter tops yet, so we are at a standstill. I asked hubby to add some light switches and plug-ins in some of the bedrooms. He tackled that this weekend. So far, we have no lights in 3 bedrooms. Next room... LOL.

You didn't mention your weight loss in any of your posts. How is the program going?

Sylvia - Good to hear from you. Hoping that the WW works for you. I have had great success so far but it has been a lot of work. I have had to plan and organize my life differently, but I think it has been good discipline to accomplish the goal that I have in mind. I have another 15 pounds to lose. It's getting closer and closer. You hang in there, too.

Well gotta go. I did't get any school work done on the weekend. Now it's homework and study time. Fortunately, the boss thinks that I should finish this sometime soon and keeps hassling me to work during the day. Yeah.

P.S. The cop just wanted coffee. He has been assigned to our campus here 3 days a week and has an office next to mine. LOL.

Luv,

Last edited by sweet tooth; 01-21-2002 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #21  
Long Lost Chickie

Jo's obsessing. (Go figure. ) Actually, it's snowing like crazy here and you all know how I feel about driving in that stuff. We had a pretty big snowfall on Saturday and Rich and I were out shopping at the time. I was a little crazed by the time we got home. Now today, we were supposed to have a little rain but it's a blizzard out there. I can't see out to the street. Jo's phobia is showing its ugly head.

OK, I'll go on to better things. I weighed in on Saturday morning. Down 2.8 lbs!!!!! Woooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!! I was dancing a little there. Quite embarrassing actually but I didn't care.

But the bad news is that I spent the weekend with my "I lost a lot so I get to indulge and celebrate" attitude. And I overdid it. A lot. Got on the scale this morning (I know I shouldn't) and was up something like 7 lbs. Back on track this morning but I'll obsess as usual. I just have to find a way to stop the yo-yo thing I do on the day(s) after weigh-in.

Chrissy, thanks for updating us on Sharon's dad. Please let her know that I'm thinking of her and sending prayers.

Sandi, I'm so glad to hear from you again but sorry to hear your news. Your MIL is in my prayers too.

CJ, how are you feeling these days???

Sweet Tooth!!!!! 51 lbs!?!?! Congratulations!!!! I'm so insanely jealous!!! You go, girlie!!!! Rich took off Friday and put a window in our kitchen. The room already looks so much brighter! I keep trying to turn off the light (yeah, we have those ) when I walk out but it's not even on! So we've got a window (no trim or much insulation) and not much of anything else. Patio doors are coming on March 15 so we have a little time..... (Famous last words. )

I have to go. Boss is out in California (poor baby) at a trade show and I'm expecting a call any minute now. He left behind a pile of "I don't want to do this so I'll dump it on my assistant" stuff for me on Friday. Sigh. How much of it have I done so far today? Nuttin'!! Nada!!! Don't wanna!!!

Only 58 days until Spring! How thin can we be by then!?!?! Think about it!

Much love to you all!
Jo

P.S. The snow's letting up!!!!!
Old 01-22-2002, 08:44 AM   #22  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Was it something I said?

Anyone here? Miss you guys.

I've been really bad this week and it's not looking good for the next few days. Dinner out tonight. Celebration with cake tomorrow at work. Day off with no one to smack my wrist on Thursday. Birthday dinner for dad on Saturday night. I'm scared. One can only withstand so much temptation, you know.

My treadmill's been making really funny noises lately. Rich checked it over last night but we can't figure out what's wrong with it. I can stand the noise (just turn the TV up ) but I don't want the thing to die on me. I've actually gotten into a routine of walking in the morning when I get up (1/2 a mile in about 15 minutes) and then again when I get home from work (a mile in about 20 minutes). Don't want that to end.

OK, I've rambled on long enough. Come on, you guys! Please post or I'll have to come back here and ramble again.... No one wants that!

Love you guys.
Jo.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:09 AM   #23  

Angry Good Morning Everyone

It is rather nice to seem to be back in the normal routine here, whatever normal is. But after wearing myself out with my MIL it does feel good to be back in my own bed etc.
I don't know if I posted it here or not, but we are to be grandparents again. First our daughter thought it was in July, but the ultrasound says Aug.22. She was rather messed up with her time of the month as she was on antibiotics for sinus problems and I guess that weakens the results of birth control pills???? That's what she was told anyway. They have an 8 and a 6 year old now. I am so very excited as are they.
I had a sort of D&C procedure done in Sept and just went for my pap smear the end of Dec. Now I got a call to call them about my results. If they were O.K I would have gotten a letter. So now I have one more thing to worry about.

Sweettooth......GREAT JOB!!!!!!! You have managed to meet 2 goals and losing 51 pounds is a wonderful achievement. You are determined and that helps.

Chrissy.....Thanks too for the update on Papa. Hope things are getting a little better your way. Tell him I said hello please.

JO.......You did well on the 2.8 pound loss when you weighed in. Are you sure your scale is correct and you gained 7 pounds in those few days? That seems like a lot. Maybe it's water or else your scale is out of whack. Funny you mentioned your treadmill making noises. Mine just started too. But when we turned it over we noticed that a plastic covering was loose. Duct taped it and it is a little less noisy.

Off I go to ride the treadmill....I decided to not go back to my health club this month and do it on my own for a bit. So every A.M. I go down and walk for about 2-3 miles before I even shower or get dressed. So far it is working out for me. I do miss my aerobic classes, but I do a video tape when I can so that helps. Love to all....Sandi
Old 01-22-2002, 05:12 PM   #24  
Conquering with SBD

So today is a crisp and cool day - stress the cool. Woke up this morning to -30 degrees and am freezing, to say the least. The news said that it has not been this cold for about 3 years. However, I remember the week last year that the furnace quit...LOL

Honestly, Jo, I'd much rather have the snow. For us, it is a sign that things are warming up. I'm waiting for spring, or maybe a warm trip somewhere. Will need some lights in the bedroom to see the packing, though.

Still no lights. But the electricians at work couldn't find any problems with the wiring. We discovered that it is a faulty switch. Oh bother.

Went to the dr. today for the annual physical. He just about keeled over when he saw the weight loss. He was more interested in the diet, etc. than he was the exam. He says that he has many patients that are overweight but they are convinced that it is the way they are meant to live. He is trying to encourage many of them to lose weight for health reasons, if for nothing else.

He is a very slim man (works out all the time), and I don't think he realizes that you must be in the right psychological state to lose weight. I found that I could make all the New Year's Resolutions in the world, or have the best intentions to lose, but until that something clicked in me last summer, I was not ready to do the work that was required to accomplish the goal.

Sandi - Congrats on the new grandbaby. It is so exciting to be expecting grandchildren. I love the role of grandparent - I can spoil and have fun, then when they are all wound up, I hand them back. hehehe.

Jo - Chin up, girl. Things are not that bad. Sit down as soon as possible and write yourself a plan on how you are going to manage this week. Carry that plan with you, and look at it every time you are tempted. You really need something to help you through this week.

You mentioned that you have difficulty staying OP after you weigh in. Something that helped me with that was to vary my points during the week. I treat myself after weigh in by allowing points at the top of the range for a couple days following, then the couple days before weigh in, I try to limit myself to the lower end. I have found that successful in losing weight, and also in making me feel like I am not totally depriving myself. Try that and see if it works for you. I know the weekends are difficult.

Well, I'm off to do some work. Boss seems to think that I should be productive while I am here. Hmmmm

Luv,
Old 01-23-2002, 08:24 AM   #25  
CJ

Good morning everyone. Sorry I haven't been around but it has been really hard licking this flu. It comes and goes and just keeps hanging on! Feeling a bit better this morning - hope it keeps up.

I had lunch with Sharon yesterday. She is doing pretty well. They have gotten the results back and even tho it is cancer, Sharon says it is the lesser of the two types. She will be going back to Indiana sometimes this morning with her brother Jerry. She says to say hello to everyone and will post when she gets home.

Jo: I NEED A weight from you ... I lost count .. I know you had gained but then your post got "lost" before I could note it, then you lost (way to go) so please give me a number ok? Thanks.

Sandi: Congrats on your "new addition" news. I will change your stats to your beginning wt from 1998 ... I just thought you wanted to start from this past January ... sorry.

Peggy: Good job on losing! You're amazing!

Sherry: How are you feeling? Any results back yet? Please let us know. Miss you!

Well, will post again later ... will try to get here more often. Have been working on my recipe website trying to get my recipes added ... have lots to go. Here is my address if you want to check it out .. and remember, I have a page for recipes from readers so would be glad to hear from everyone! http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplac...henkorner.html

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 01-23-2002, 08:30 PM   #26  

Hi Ya'll.........

I'm here.....I'm here!!! Sorry I haven't posted.Not really much to say.I haven't felt well and I'm waiting for Friday to get here so I can get my blood results.It's the waiting that will drive you crazy!!
I hope that everything comes back ok & that medicine can correct my problems.I leave next Friday to New Orleans to work the Super Bowl and I don't want to get sick there.

Sharon,
CJ said that you were on your way home!! Can't wait to talk to you! I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad has cancer.I will continue to pray for you & your Family.If you need me, please let me know. I know you've had a lot on your mind & very busy...you must be worned out.Are you going to go back to work at H & R Block when you get home? I love & miss you!!! {{{{ Hugs }}}}

Chrissy,
Thanks for keeping us informed on your FIL (Sharon's Dad). I know that Sharon must feel so lucky to have you in her Family.And HE is lucky too to have you.You're an angel. I know you're worned out too.Those hospitals can make you go crazy.It's amazing how tired you can get.Please take care of yourself and get some much needed rest!!

CJ,
I'm sorry that you've been so sick for so long! But I'm happy to hear that you feel some better.It takes a while to get your strength up.Take it easy & just do a little each day until you are completely well.You could get a set-back easily.Also.....you need to get well so I can start picking on you again!! LOL!! You miss that huh???!!!

Peggy,
CONGRATS ON LOOSING!! Weigh to go!!!!!! I'm so proud of you as I know you are too!!! I do good for awhile then I pig out!! Why do I do this???? Last night I ate a hot Fudge Sundae and never felt quilty about eating it until I was done...then I felt so bad and mad at myself! Yep...it was good though!! I've got to do better & get with the program.Your motivation helps! Thanks!!

Jo,
I know how you feel!! I get so discouraged with myself but then I think that if we didn't try...we would fail!! If we try & not do good....at least we TRIED!! I'm going to really put my mind to this and work harder!! I've got my walking down to a pat...it's the food that keeps calling my name!! LOL!! Stay strong girl & don't give up! Thanks for posting regularly...you're great!

Sandi,
Congrats on becoming another grandma!! Another one to spoil!! I know you must be so excited to have another baby around. The Principal at my School has a 6 month old that she brings often so we can SPOIL!! I just love him to death and look forward to seeing the new things he can do! BTW....She had this baby (one & only) at age 43!!

Sorry I can't post to everyone else....hubby says it's time for him to get on puter! LOL!!
Luv ya'll.....
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 01-23-2002 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:47 PM   #27  
Conquering with SBD

Sherry - Just want to stop in quickly to wish the very best to you. Have a great time this weekend. I'm watching tv to see if I see you. When you see me, wave. LOL.

CJ - Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Hope to see you back here real soon. I knew that you were working on your recipe site. I was browing it a couple of days ago and rememeber some of the silly recipes that I had in the '70s - like the Wacky Cake. I printed it again and plan to make someday soon. It is so easy. I didn't get all the way through, but want to take a better look soon. Thanks.

Take care everyone. Remember, stay OP. The weekend is coming, Jo.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:19 PM   #28  
CJ

Went to WI today and guess what? I was DOWN 1 lb. I am getting over my flu and starting to eat right again and journaling and I feel like I'm getting back on track again. I hope so anyways.

Peggy: I'm glad to hear you were on my recipe site ... but if it was a couple days ago, you have to go back. I've been really working on it the last couple days and have added a lot of stuff. There willl probably be new recipes added every day now - I'm on a roll. Remember, there is a place for "recipes from my readers" ... hint hint.

I will do the updates probably tomorrow morning, as I am so cross-eyed (haha) now from working on my website. I need a "hot CJ's tub bath" and a cup of peppermint tea.

Well, sorry I'm not addressing everyone ... I will next time for sure!

Love, CJ
Old 01-24-2002, 08:30 PM   #29  
CJ

Oh what the heck - I posted the updates now. Now I can go soak in my tub bath .... have a good nite.

Love, CJ
Old 01-24-2002, 10:09 PM   #30  
Conquering with SBD

OK, I have nothing better to do than lurk on a Thursday evening. Hubby had a presentation at work to do today, I was supposed to have a work jazz band practice tonight (was cancelled), and then he had to stay at work to entertain a delegation from Asia for dinner. Consequently, I haven't been home from work yet.

CJ's announcing that she's going to bed. Go figure... Actually, I noticed that it is tomorrow where you are and I'm still stuck in today. LOL

I looked at the updates. WOW!!! What a bunch of losers we are. It's great to see that everyone is starting out this year with a bang. I've been trying to eat right (and managed to stay OP so far), but I am finding it a struggle. I am 15 pounds away from my personal goal and it is so close, I keep having to convince myself that I don't need a food treat (binge) to make me feel good.

Hubby promised that he would treat me when I finished losing weight. I knew that I would reach my goal somewhere around Feb. or Mar., so have been hinting that I would like to go to Thailand and lay on the beach - where they come and massage, do pedicures and manicures, etc. - and also where the markets are such fun. HE decided that we should stay home and renovate a bathroom. Men are soooooo romantic sometimes.

Well, last night he asked me when I thought I would reach my goal. When I told him, he got a funny look on his face like the light bulb had just gone (even though we are still without power in 3 bedrooms). I noticed that there has been a lot of travel agency activity today. Fortunately, I look after the corporate travel where we work and can intercept his faxes when he's inquiring about personal travel. He just doesn't know that. I may get that trip to Asia yet. Woohoo. I'll have to figure out how to stop in Korea while in the not so general vicinity - my brother moved there in the fall and is pretty homesick.

Nice to see you back CJ. I'm off to look at the recipes. I just love recipes and cookbooks and stuff.

Take care, everyone. Check in soon.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 01-24-2002 at 10:13 PM.
Closed Thread