Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default ~The Thin Group #90~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 12-03-2002, 11:42 AM   #2  

Now, now....don't all of you post at the same time now that there is a new thread! Wouldn't want it to over load! I know, I'm such a smart *ss....

Well, CJ, I guess it' just you and me until Sharon gets her computer fixed. I know she is probably going through withdrawals! I know I did when mine was down. You know, this is going to start to get busy after the New Year when everyone makes that New Year's resolution....you know the one that everyone makes every year(well, I make every year).

4 degrees! That's cold! OK, remember I'm in San Francisco and it's been in the mid 70's for the past two weeks. Today it's a bit on the cold side....it's going to be 65 but sunny. Sounds like you are almost ready for Christmas! I too need to do some wrapping and put up the tree ....and send out Christmas cards. Ah, the beauty of Christmas! Have a safe drive!

Talk to ya soon-
Sylvia
Old 12-04-2002, 12:40 PM   #3  

Howdy!

Just thought I would pop in to say hello. I am really trying to stick to my low carb program but it's so hard. I have an appointment with my nutritionist tomorrow and I am dreading it. I hope he's nice to me! Luckily( or unfortunate ...whichever way you look at it) I'm addicted to going to Curves. Pretty scary. I never thought I would be one of "those" people!

Well, I've got to run. I hope somebody comes in here to post....at least say hello!

Ciao-

Sylvia
Old 12-04-2002, 04:30 PM   #4  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Never fear I'm here Sylvia! Have been going thru all my packages that were delivered while we were at the cabin (christmas gifts - I did a lot of shopping online)! Now, to wrap them all!

Oh yes, great job on starting the new thread .. again! Here's your reward: BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!!
hee hee hee

Good luck with your nutritionist tomorrow and have fun at curves!

Well, sorry this is a short one but hubby wants to go get a pizza ... and I want to stop in at Arby's and get my special winter wine glasses. Talk to you later on ...

Love, CJ
Old 12-05-2002, 09:34 AM   #5  
CJ

Good morning Slyvia and "the lurkers"...

Just popping in to say hello real quick .. have tons to do and want to get started. I started a journal thread for December .. anyone can join me if you wish ... I have to get back OP and keeping a daily journal of food is my only way to do this!

I'll be back later ... have a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 12-05-2002, 11:11 AM   #6  

Howdy CJ and all of you lovely lurkers (you know who you are),

I too am just popping in for a quick hello. I have to get ready for my nutritionist appointment. Will post later on my results or lack thereof. Not a good idea to schedule a nutrtionist appointment the week after Thanksgiving.

Well CJ, it sounds like you are all done with your Christmas shopping. I'm almost done, just need to get a few things and figure out what to get my husband and my Dad. Those two are the hardest people to shop for!

Well , I'll be back in here in a few hours!

Ciao!

Sylvia
Old 12-07-2002, 01:53 PM   #7  

Hello CJ and you lovely lurkers!

I just popped in for a quick hello. My nutrtionist appointment went OK....according to his digital scale, I gained 1.9 pounds. According to the doctor scale at Curves, I lost 2 pounds. So I'm going to say that I didn't gain anything over the Thanksgiving holiday!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Ciao!

Sylvia
Old 12-07-2002, 10:09 PM   #8  
CJ

Hi Sylvia: well, guess we aren't doing so good on journaling are we? lol .... I have been soooooo busy these last couple days I just have not done it .... gonna try again tomorrow - how about you? Hey, that's good no gain over Thanksgiving! Well, this is a short one ... just didn't want you to feel all alone here ... Don't want to be a "lurker" ... no no no!

Talk to you tomorrow ... have a good nite!

Love, CJ
Old 12-08-2002, 10:23 AM   #9  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Same song, second verse, everything still the same around here!

I'm planning a trip next week to go to Texas to get my grandaughter. Hope the weather will be better by then. 'Bout to freeze to death!

Purchased some quilt blocks and some fabric on ebay. Now I have different quilts to work on if I get tired of working on just one! Hope I don't get burned out and quit altogether!

Where the heck did Jello go? I bet if she would start posting again with all her wit and wisdom, the rest of the crowd would come back too! Jelllllllooooooo, get your butt back in here. We love you and miss you something terrible!

Hugs, Judy
Old 12-08-2002, 01:07 PM   #10  
CJ

Blunder, good afternoon ... glad to hear from you. Hope you have a great time in Texas with your granddaughter. Sounds like you are becoming a quilting bee!

I do have one thing to say to you Judy ... I too wish Jello would return to post with us BUT her posts alone are not what made The Thin Group - everyone's involvement made this group what it was and what it still could be - all of us working together, posting often - not just one person only. There are a lot of missing persons from our group and I hope that they will eventually return. In the mean time, if the few of us that are left keep posting regularly, our group will eventually flurish again.

Have a great day .. and post more often ok?

Love, CJ
Old 12-08-2002, 09:05 PM   #11  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies!!! where are you all??????

I am so sorry that I have not posted in soooooooo long I haven't felt good lately..... tired as all get out.... didn't even go south for Thanksgiving, just stayed home for four days and rested and watched TV..... I've been a bit busy but not to bad... I usually have two parties at my house for Christmas, not this year, I decided not to have them just can't keep up with everything its to hard on me. Joanna, Tim mom and dad are coming in this week-end maybe I can get Joanna to post???? I'll try my best. I hope everything is going well with everyone.... thanks CJ and Slyvia for keeping things going..... what has happened to us?

Take care..... Love you.....
Old 12-09-2002, 06:10 PM   #12  
CJ

Hi Carolyn! Glad to hear from you ... sorry to hear you are not feeling well - hope you get some "pep" real soon! Please do say hello to Joanna for me! I really miss her but am soooooooo glad she is so happy! Give her a big hug from me, ok? Thanks!

Well ... not much going on with me ... just trying to get my house cleaned up and decorations up. Not putting up as many this year - at least I say that now .. who knows, I may just keep going until all my decorations are up! lol

I posted again under December Food Journal ... my mini goal this week is to journal for 1 full week! Wish me luck!

Well ... talk to ya all later ... hope to hear from more of our "missing family"!

Love, CJ
Old 12-10-2002, 08:04 AM   #13  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

I found this little saying on one of my quilting sites, hope you like it!

A friend is like a quilt, designed by heart, pieced by time, sewn by hand, and bound to keep you covered.

Hugs, Judy
Old 12-10-2002, 12:07 PM   #14  

Howdy Ladies!!

So nice to hear from you! Sorry for not posting in a few days, my computer is fried Thank God we have an extra computer!

Well CJ, it looks like we're not alone anymore!!! Welcome Back Carolyn and Judy!

Carolyn-Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope you get well soon. And tell Joanna, I say "hello".

Judy-So nice to hear from you! I hope you have a safe trip to Texas. You are turning into the "Quilting aren't you! lol. Look at it this way, it keeps you out of trouble. I too miss Jello, I always enjoyed reading her posts.

CJ-I'm sure your house looks very festive. I'm sending out my Christmas cards this week and finish wrapping the presents but we haven't had time to get our tree yet! Yeah, we're not doing well in the journaling department are we? We will do better!!

Well, I'm off to try to see if I can save anything off of my old hardrive....this should be fun!

Ciao!

Sylvia
Old 12-11-2002, 05:48 PM   #15  
CJ

Pondering Exercise ...

1. It is well documented that for every mile you jog, you add 1 minute to your life. This enables you at 95 years old...to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month.

2. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we don't know where she is.

3. The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

4. I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Have not lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

5. I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

6. I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes,
he would have put them further up our body.

7. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

8. I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

9. The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

10. If you are going to try cross-county skiing, start with a small country

Last edited by CJ; 12-11-2002 at 05:50 PM.
Closed Thread