Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Today is already getting off to a crappy start. I was gonna sleep in and just miss class, but I thought no I wanna get good grades and stop being a slackers I'm going to go so I got up and got my homework done, but as I was sitting on the couch a man unlocks my front door and walks in (i didnt think anything of it at first cause I thought it was DBF coming home, I was wrong) and I said um Hi, and he said that he was there to spray for bugs that my landlord should have told me and I informed him that he didn't, but he can go ahead and spray....no big deal to me since I could stay there and it took 20 seconds. Then he said Oh today is also the day that the locks are being changed, Um, What? Yeah apparently my landlord also decided to change all the locks in the apartment building, which I did not know about and now I have to miss class and wait for the %@*^#% keys otherwise I will be locked out until tomorrow. This was told to me at 9:30 and it is nearly 11 and the locks still have not been changed. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hardplace because I don't want to miss my rat lab (next class), but I can't be locked out of my apartment until tomorrow. UGH stupid landlord
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #32  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I wrote out responses to everyone yesterday and then Joe called on the phone, son hopped on the p.c. and closed my window and notepad!!! Uggghhh!!! lol

Sdgal:

Yes it feels great! I don't care if 14 doesn't "fit" I can still squeeze in to them! hahahah

Remember the calvin kleins I bought at the thrift store for $2.00 ladies?

I bought them way small and I squeezed into them yesterday too! Won't wear them out yet though.

Good to see ya back sd gal!!!

Rhighlan86

Quote:
That's awesome Jasmine, I saw in the other thread where you posted this and I agree with one of the other posters you shouldnt buy a scale, just go check out Walmarts in case you might want to in the future
Yeah it is too tempting to weigh every day when it is right at home! lol

Quote:
Well girls today I took my GRE and I have to say I feel pretty good about it, I got nearly 1000 (960). That is average I believe, but I am OK with it.
That is good! Keep it up!!

iriswhispers:

Quote:
jasmine - CONGRATS!!! =) good to hear your b.p. is going down as well as the weight loss.
Thanx hun!

Yeah keep praying everyone.

When I went to the store, 8 days ago sunday morning to get the vitamins,

the 1st reading said 158/71, the 2nd reading said 147/98, that was after sitting and waiting a few minutes.

Well I went yesterday. The 1st reading said 145/? (cant remember, the 2nd reading after waiting a few minutes said 135/86.

SO it is still high and needs to get lower but it is not as high, praise the Lord! It is down 13 points on the first reading from last week and 10 points on the 2nd. Thank God. The second number needs to go down too.

I KNOW I am going to be okay and just need to keep working on this.

Court is coming up on Thursday(remember my ex started all that crap and then passed on, we have already asked the clerk and only he can dismiss it. Now obviously it is just a custody dispute and he won't be there to try to get them but we don't want to goof anything up and are still feeling like we need to go. Please pray we get this done and over with once and for all! That he dismisses the case and any orders along with it. I know that has been a point of my stress this last year too.

Quote:
binged yesterday... BLAH!!! but i also walked two miles, so like i said at least i am keeping up with the exercise. otherwise i know i'd be gaining weight like crazy.
That is good at least you can maintain!

Canuk4

*BIG HUGZ* Just take a breather and relax. I know how stressful wedding planning can be. It will be here soon and will be worth it!!

Quote:
Jasmine, big congrats to you, out of the 200's, that is fabulous and smaller fitting clothes to boot, way to go girl. Hope your feeling a little better.
I am, see above.

I have been eating not too bad, had pizza yesterday with dip, 2 pcs. but was careful about what else I ate. Water was also good. Today food was great, water too and I exercised for 45 mins. and got my 1 mile in. Still fighting myself to keep up the exercise, thinking of going back to water aerobics, got to get the schedule though.

I had some oven pizza yesterday too!

Rhighlan86

Oh my!!! I would have a fit! I would of gone to class anyways and then showed up on managers door demanding keys! That is rediculous!!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #33  
I AM healthy!

Okay so aside from that like I said there were a few days last week I barely hit 300 cals I was so stressed. Two days I was able to force like 1200 cals down. That really scared me literally NOT wanting to eat for 5 days! Thanx to alot of prayer I have been okay since friday.

I have to admit, my ex passing on at 35 really scared the heck out of me. He was hypertensive and was diabetic. You hear someone else had high blood pressure, then yours is reading high and does so every now and then, I just freaked.

brb
Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #34  
I AM healthy!

29 300
30 1371
1 846 cals
2 365 cals
3 368 cals
4 1189
5 1855
6 1504
7 1498
8 2016

Those low days were really scary. I am normally not EVER like that. Even when I have gotten stressed out before like in march when my ex delivered paperwork right before dinner one nite, I didn't eat finner that nite but I ate the next day ya know?

The 1371 and 1189 day I FORCED myself to eat! and the 889 day and the 300 days. ugghhhhh

Anyhow my target is 1400-1500 cals a day. Yesterday I splurged a bit and had pizza.

I am at 475 minutes walking for the month.

I really hope I can be 180 by turkey day!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #35  

Jasmine...I'm sorry to hear the news about your ex. How horrifying! It looks like you're doing a bit better as the days go by. Big hugs to you.

I'm thinking this is going to take me a little time getting back into posting about my diet. I did find my nitch in the diet world thanks to my doctor. I found out yesterday that I'm insulin resistant. My blood sugar and glucose levels are fine but my insulin is pretty high. The doctor told me I was "kissing cousins with diabetes." She is giving me glyco something or rather to help get rid of the extra insulin and help regulate my body. She informed me that this is why I've been in what I call the weight loss twighlight zone for so long. In times past I have tried so hard to lose but just couldn't budge an inch or anything but a pound or two. The good news is that by taking this RX I will begin to get my body back to normal and should be able to lose weight and much faster than the rate that I've been going. (That rate being zilch ) So, I'm glad about that, although the diabetes thing freaks me out. My doctor said that if I follow her plan then I should get my body back to normal and then will be able to get off of the rx. This is my goal, ladies. She put me on the Zone diet as well. I'm still reading the book but it really makes sense as to why my body is doing what it's doing. I asked her why she thought I had this going on and she said it's just something we're born with. Nice, huh? So now I need to not only really focus on small meals throughout the day, always eating a protien with a carb, but also getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.

Lunch today I ate fish and a salad and for dinner I'll probably have chicken and veggies. I did have some rice crackers with my lunch. I need to get to the grocery store but things are hectic around here as usual.

Good luck to you all and a big congrats on your weight loss, Jasmine! Praying you'll be feeling better really soon.
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #36  
I AM healthy!

Hey sweetie! Thanx for the condolences and prayers! I will pray for you too. From what I have been hearing lately, when the weight comes off, the diabetes goes away.

I don't know if it "completely" goes away, or if the down ward spiral effects go away, etc. All I know is whatever you have to do to get rid of this, please do it hun. You can beat this! Ask God for help. I also hear cinnamon is supposed to help stabilize blood sugar. Not sure about the insulin thing.

WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #37  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Default I'm back!

Hey all!
I've been gone so long, but so much has been going on!
What's happened?
I left my fiance, Shaun.
I stayed with my sister for 2 months... a very unhealthy 2 months
I moved across the country to Montreal
And I met someone amazing!

I've managed to keep making somewhat healthy decisions, although my walking has been lacking. I'm here today, ready to get back on track. He held me down for too long, using my self esteem and insecurities against me. And the worst part is, I let him.. I bought in to it.

I'm here!
No goals for this month other than to start tracking my foods and get back to my exercising regularly.

I'm glad to see some familiar faces are still around!!

And Jasmine, I got your messages, but I didn't have access to the internet for quite some time! Thank you sooo much for thinking of me, and sending messages to me on myspace! <3
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #38  

Martini! Wb!

So sorry that you had such a negative experience in your last relationship but I'm glad to see that you're on your way to a much better spot in life!

Jasmine, RYC: I don't have diabetes (yet) and I don't plan on having it! My blood sugars and glucose are normal levels, just my insulin levels are high which could be a symptom of PCOS. At any rate, whatever this is, it's not good, but I plan on sticking to this diet and making sure to get some exercise in. At least now I have a sense of what to do. I was so unsure of what diet to go on, etc. but now I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things. The doctor feels like with the help of this glycophage stuff and the right diet I will be able to get my body back to working normally and eventually I won't have to take the glycophage. It's really nasty stuff as it makes you sick to your stomach, etc. But thanks so much for your prayers. I can certainly use them.

Have you read about the Kimkin's diet? I almost fell for that one. I'm so glad the caught that scammer. I don't understand how people can do things like that.... Anyway, so good to see you all again and looking forward to getting back on track.

sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #39  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone...I used to hang out on HHCC a long time ago, then everything went all funhouse-mirror on me and I haven't been here in a while. Settling down again though, so, here I am.

Martini, good to see you're doing better now! Sounds like a healthier situation all around for you.

Interesting night tonight...well "breakfast" was afternoon, and doubled as lunch, and was this great parisian chicken soup with half a chicken pomodoro panini, and an apple. So it was a little high-cal for one meal, but it was also two meals for me for today so I wasn't bothered. But tonight's dinner, at a friend's house, was deep-friend pierogies and grilled onions and ham, with iced tea. Deep-fried! Gah...and of course they were SO GOOD. I managed to confine myself to three pierogies (and a half, I confess) and a few ounces of the ham and onions. Currently chewing gum to keep myself from attacking the ice cream in the freezer (half a gallon of white-chocolate-almond, impulse buy, dammit).

Exercise, doing HORRIBLY. As in, I haven't worked out for maybe two months. I don't know what to do. I don't run outdoors at all. I don't have a pool anymore, with the place I've moved to. No room near the TV to do any of my DVDs, and all the DVDs are packed still anyway. What's a girl to do?
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Nikaia - good choice with the gum. personally i attacked the ice cream in my freezer tonight, which my stomach is currently regretting.

best to all - i'm really stressed right now but i'll catch up shortly! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Well well, what a nice surprise to have so many people back on the boards, welcome one and all.

I am beat, dh came back with a totally packed car from the cottage and I got to unpack it all and put it away, up and down the stairs till I could do know more climbing (thanks to the kneeb, giving out), but was still able to get most of it put away. One box not unpacked and brought down two bags of winter clothes from the attic. Still lots more to come in, dh and son may do it Friday.

Boy would I be mad if some guy just walked into my apartment without notice, plus the key changing on top of that, I would of hit the roof, sorry it was such a lousy day.

BBl
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:44 PM   #42  

I was mad at first, but eventually calmed down. When they finally changed the locks it only took a few minutes. They said it was to put the whole building on a master key system so I said alright and then my boyfriend said something about that meaning that all the keys for every apartment may be the same. Now I'm a bit freaked. He said he would test it out for me if it bothers me Hope everyone elses day was good Food on my end was good up until around 9 and I started starving again. I tried downing a ton of diet green tea and I was still hungry so boyfriend made me a 98% FF hotdog with baked fries, It put me over on points for the day, but it was healthy. So all in all I feel OK with it. I just wish I could get back on 100%
Old 10-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

first of all, no more cigarettes. period. end of story.

second, welcome to everyone i haven't met yet! sounds like some of you were on here before i was and have just returned, so welcome back. and apologies that the first you're hearing from me such a downer.

i had a REALLY bad day... not food-wise, but emotionally. in fact i've been too moody to eat, and i had cigarettes for supper. i won't go on about it too much on here, i've just been really resentful of myself and where my life is right now. things that i should be taking the initiative to fix, but somehow can't muster the strength to take the first step in any definitive direction.

what i really need right now is to move back home and get myself together - however i broached this topic with my parents a few nights ago, and a lead balloon would have gone over better... my father flat out said no way.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #44  

Welcome to everyone!

Congratulations on the no more cigs iriswhispers! Thats awesome! I'm sorry about your dad saying no, hopefully he will change his mind.

Hope all is going well everyone!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Iris, I am sorry about your problems. Do you think you are depressed and might need somthing to help you get thru day to day things. I suffer from it and it sounds like this maybe the problem. (I am not a professional, so just a suggest).

Becky, even tho you went over points at least it was healthy and if you exercised at all then that could counter the extra.

Food and water and exercise went well today. Did a little shopping as well.
Beat and going to bed now.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote