Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? Sounds like everyone is doing pretty darn good. Proud of all your losses and how the exercise for most seem's to be going well.

I was asked if I take Celebrex, and yes I do, am suppose to take the X-Strength Tylenol 3-4 times a day as well, but only take it when I really have too, find it hurts my stomach if I take too much (even the coated kind). I will probably have to have surgery, but since two operations on my arm were unsuccessful, am very nervous about going through it, even tho I know it is more common and there is alot of success stories out there. We have a good friend that just had it done, so I am waiting to see how his goes, then may use his doc if all turns out well.

Got my hair-cut today, it is okay, maybe once I do it, I will feel better about it. Also the colour looks okay. I just got a wet cut today.

Well wedding cake shopping on Friday, should prove to be interesting. Gotta look after some stuff for Dad tomorrow, then maybe Wed. to myself and Thurs. two appts. One for a check-up on the arm, should be interesting to hear what he says.

Oh yes, I did get my mile in yesterday, but not yet today, will after I sign off. I am down to 215.2 as of today. Had a good day with food and not too bad with water. I am feeling better about myself, only still hate looking at myself in the mirror (gross)! Did some strength training for arms with my medicine ball, had to help my bad arm out, using the other arm a little.

Still mad at my brother, because he was mad at me as I sent him a E-mail in regards to him ecnoring my Dad. He lives about 2-1/2 hrs. away. Comes and stays less than 24 hrs, or just to visit after another function around here and visits for a couple hrs. I figure he is retired, he rushed my Dad up to his lawyer to get a new will done and returned him the next day. I think we are going to have major problems in the end. Don't want to think about it. My brother said my timing was lousy as his stepdaughter's, husbands father had been hospitalized and my brother and his wife were looking after there two kids. I think the daughter must of come back. But I never specified when my brother should come down, just to stop ecnoring Dad. I think he was just feeling guilty.

Sorry ladies, just had to get that off my chest!

I think your wise to wait for the car Jasmine, we paid $565.00 a month for 5 yrs. I would buy a used car the next time, especially along the Honda line. We lose to much buying new, just driving it off the lot.

I have been writing down everything I eat, WW style, with points, it helps keep me in check.

Must sign off, thanks for listening ladies, my friends. Have a really good Tuesday. Talk to you then.
Sharon S.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Hello all

I have been off the wagon food wise. I've been trying, but I need to start looking at points before I go out instead of after I come back. To my surprise yesterday boyfriend asked me if I wanted Pizza Hut to most people this does not seem weird, but he never wants pizza. So I was thinking alright he loves their thin crust this works just fine for me, but nope he wanted the new dippin strips. Silly boyfriend. Oh well today is another day. Hopefully once I get all of this salt out of me I will still be at 185 (or lower)

I was just looking outside today and it is pouring and very overcast and I can't help but to think that this is the perfect weather for remembering today.

Quote:
Thanx so much for the info hun! I am so glad you guys were okay. That is what I am looking at to is the safety feaures. I am really liking all those air bags! I see the newer vehicles have lap and shoulder belts, very cool! What year was the crv? How fast were you guys hit at?

What is going on with the ins. companies?
We were going about 30 or so I figure since we were going across a very very long bridge that was decently trafficy. The air bags in the car were amazing. I didn't realize it, but the side impact airbag is a long airbag that goes from the very front of the car to the back passenger. and it went all the way down to the hip area. I was really impressed with it. Then my parents had their front airbags (the regular ones), those caused the most damage, but they also saved them from a lot worse stuff. My dad's arms were swollen and bruised and scraped up from it going across his arms. Mom had a nasty scrap on her elbow. I had a little raspberry from hitting the airbag, but once again hitting the window would've been a lot worse. Then my parents also had something called a kidney airbag. Not really sure how it works, but it does.
The insurance company is driving us crazy. After all of the stuff that drunk lady put us through they decided we only were due $600 a piece. That's not even enough to cover the medical bills. So we are going to have to have a lawsuit. It's put my parents through the loop. They are in so much emotional pain, my mom is seeing a therapist now and I know my dad is hurting inside because he's broken down a few times. I know in my heart that she has to be going through a lot because she started crying to my dad that her husband was going to beat her good for this, but at the same time she's put my family through a lot too. I dunno.

My parents are sending a card to my boyfriends family for treating us so well during the wreck and everything, but I want to do something else. What do you all think would be a nice thank you gift for someone that has everything (shes rich so she doesnt really need anything in her house) The gift would be for his aunt, his cousin (30yrs), and his other cousin (22).

Quote:
What makeup are you using? I use victoria jackson and like it. What hair color do you have and what hiighlights? (Sorry if I missed where you said.)
I'm using Clinique products because every single (trust me I've tried them all) foundation at Walmart is too dark for me. I even tried true match that said they match 97% of skin tones....yeah I'm the 3% that doesn't match. THe lady at the counter (i used to work with her so she was really nice to me) had me use a matte concealer which I loved, but I didn't realize that the reason she put the foundation that she had over it was because that too was too dark. I used the concealer and went out thinking I looked amazing and at my mirror at home I did, but in natural daylight I was wrong. I had spots from the foundation being too dark. I love the makeup because it does make me look like I have great skin, but it's kind of heavy. They were the only counter in elderbeerman that had makeup light enough....so I guess I have to take what I can get.
As for my hair color I have dark brown hair which I dye over with a dark brown because after being in the sun a lot my hair gets bleached and turns a reddish color. I put red highlights in at my boyfriends suggestion. He seems to like them so it works for me.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #33  

Hi all, am sorry Becky the Ins. Co. is being so difficult, I hope they will settle it before you have to do a lawsuit. I might suggest a fruit basket with nuts. Not all that original, but the best I can think of. I just thought of one I got, with different tea's coffee and hot chocolate, cinamon sticks and choc. Hope that helps.

Well spent about 4 hrs at Dad's today, trying to get some sort of filing system going, have to take him for his B12 shot tomorrow. My brother called when I was there, but my Dad new I was mad at him so didn't even tell him I was there. And I had sent him an E-mail after I got his on all he had done, saying all I had to do for him today. He is taking this as an affront to him personally and was telling Dad all he did for me when I was on my own with my kids baby's. Granted he did, but I have also done for him. My point was just get down and visit your Dad more often, he is lonely and needs company and I am only one person and can only do so much.

Sorry I will stop, it just really get to me.

Food was good today, water a little low, again no exercise yet. But last night I managed to do a mile walking, plus more exercises with my medicine ball. Weighed in the same as yesterday.

Have a good tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #34  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Canuk:

Quote:
Got my hair-cut today, it is okay, maybe once I do it, I will feel better about it. Also the colour looks okay. I just got a wet cut today.
Sounds great! I need to get a really great cut soon.

Quote:
Well wedding cake shopping on Friday, should prove to be interesting. Gotta look after some stuff for Dad tomorrow, then maybe Wed. to myself and Thurs. two appts. One for a check-up on the arm, should be interesting to hear what he says.
SOunds good. You know what we did? For our wedding? We have a stater bros line of grocery stores in the states. I LOVE their cool whipped cream frosting! Anyhow we ordered the cake from them but told them it was for a sweet 16 or something. You NEVER want to mention wedding cause they automatically hike it up!

I think we spent $50.00 and Joe put it together, like the pillars, ya know?
Quote:
Still mad at my brother, because he was mad at me as I sent him a E-mail in regards to him ecnoring my Dad. He lives about 2-1/2 hrs. away.
You are just going to have to let it go. We went thru that with my mom when she was really sick and had just months to a few years to live.

My aunts would call him at his job about something important pertaining to her, she was in icu. His boss would say he is at the hospital with his mom. Ummmm....NO THEY were at the hospital! lol He was at home on his computer!

At the time I had 4 kids and my dh only was home on sundays so that was my day to go and then sometimes we tried during the week with the kids a little bit but mainly sunday was my day to go. SO I couldn't be there with her all the time.

In the middle of all this my bro decided to up and move to another state! We are in Cali and he moved to N. Carolina!!!!!

He said, "Well I am not going to sit around and wait for her to die!!!"

I said we are not waiting! We are trying to help her live as long as possible!!!

I could go on and on. Let it go. It is his relationship with his dad and you can only do so much, I understand. My two aunts were God sends. Those two worked ft and they were still at her side when they got off work even though it was a drive. (The times when she was in the hospital, not the times she was stable and at home).

My mom got better for a while and came to live with me for a few years. Then she moved elsewhere and then got sicker again and I went to see her as often as I could, but I lived an hour away, no money most the time and going thru a messy divorce ugghhhhhhhh........

I called too and went out when I could. I remember one of my aunts sending me $20.00 for gas once. I have a great family. Her last few years they were really animant(and they had the money to do it) about taking her places and getting her things. I still have a pic of her and my two aunts and grandma at knotts berry farm all dressed up old west style.

They have been there for me and Joe and the kids too. Both my parents are dead. We live like 60 minutes from one aunt and 85 from the other. So we dont see each other often but we talk on the phone alot.

We are always welcome to come to family get togethers but no van is rough. Last year my grandma payed for us to rent a van to come down for christmas and one for easter this year.

We were on a very tight budget most years and generally do $50.00 a kid and just an exchange gift with the family. But last year it was so important to us to go see them after all the stuff they do for us.

We were going to scrimp and no matter what, come out for christmas. My Aunt called me and asked if they could help with part of the van rental and I said we would really appreciate it cause we are really tight, she said don't worry about it we will send a check for the whole thing.

At easter my other aunt asked and I said I had about $100.00 in my budget I could spare w/out dipping into bill money(mandatory two day rental was about $300.00 though) and so I was thinking they may send $200.00, they sent $250.00!

They come up here once at the end of summer and they usually buy the kids a few outfits and take us all out to dinner.

In 2005 in June Joey got free tickets from his work to Disneyland and that is when our old van broke down on the way! We sent it home by AAA and went for a few hours anyways.

We had no way to get home though. They chipped in and paid for a van to bring us home.

When we have gotten our taxes we have offered to give them back some money for helping us and they have refused.

When we got back from Mt in 2004 and the divorce was in full swing we were a few 100 short on the rent to come back and keep the house. They gave us that money.

We don't ever ask unless it is a complete emergency, ya know?

In April this year we were coming for easter and my aunt needed alot of work done on her fence. She had estimated it at about $100.00 to pay someone. She knew Joe is handy and offered us that money to help us out instead. We talked it over and decided quickly that we would just be so happy if we could do it for her for free. 1. She is famiily. 2. Look at all the stuff she has done over the years to try to help us out. That was so cool to finally be able to return the favor. I know that really warmed her heart.

When my dad died a few years ago soon after my mom, my bro and I did NOT have the money to bury him. My grandma stepped in to loan us the money saying we could pay her back when we could. I asked 2 times to get a complete statement so we could maybe start paying back a little at a time and never got one though. SO I just kind of waited. Sam and I were supposed to split the cost. When I got that check from survival I took one of my aunts aside and I told her we wanted to pay grandma back $100.00 towards the funeral cost and when we get our tax check a few hundred more and to start making payments or something.

My aunt thought that was really nice and they all knew these past few years Joe and I have been very limited and struggling with just normal bills and that was nice that now we are more free to want to repay that debt. She said Sam has never said anything. They talked with grandma on the way home and she was happy to hear we wanted to pay her back. She said it is alot of money though and she wants us to repay her only $500.00 each! She will cover the rest! We had him buried so you know that cost. She said starting next January to send whatever we feel comfortable sending toward that amount. She will send my bro a letter letting him know. lol

Anyways the point I was trying to get to is you can't get blood from a stone. Let your brother be. It will only aggravate you more. See if there is other family to help.

Quote:
Sorry ladies, just had to get that off my chest!
Rant all you want that is what we are here for!! *HUGZ*

Quote:
I think your wise to wait for the car Jasmine, we paid $565.00 a month for 5 yrs. I would buy a used car the next time, especially along the Honda line. We lose to much buying new, just driving it off the lot.
Yeah I know. I really want a 2007 that has been sitting there. It has already taken a hefty depreciation. I do not want a car someone else has had cause we have the reliability ratings etc but it is only as good as someone has been taking care of it ya know? And there are half a million hurricane katrina vehicles out there! And they send themn to other states to launder the title! Remember that 93 van we were looking at I think it was claimed a salvage as stolen but the title said year first sold in 2000! It should of said 93, or even 92!

I am definately using carfax when I do this next year. I am just going to keep collecting info. I was a bit miffed yesterday. I put in a mock 24,000 price with a 13,000 down and 60 months and at 8% interest or so it said I think $280.00 a month, but if we get hit with 18% it said 350.00!!! Good Lord!

If there is anyway I possibly can I really do NOT want a payment. That way I can just have the extra income to take the kids to do stuff and not be cutting it short. I know the 2004 we seen said 20,000 marked down to 17,000. The only way I want to go that route is if I can get exact maintenance records ya know? Another thing I am a little tempted to do is to buy a 2007 camry or civic(need to check prices but should be cheaper than a van) and that would be 5 seats and I could run most the kids around in that. Kass is a home body so she would probably want to stay home. I would still have room for 4 kids to run them all over the place. If we get Joe a cheap used truck and we all wanted to go somewhere we could take two vehicles. But it still just sounds stupid, ya know? Cause then if we wanted to go down to aunts wed be taking two cars, double gas, not riding together. And then my dream of a vacation going up north is shot, etc.

It is a sad day when you plan on saving $13,000 and still question if it is enough. lol

I am also reading up on extended warrantys. You can get forbes mag rated warrantys online but it seems they dont sell them online in ca. So now I need to source out one that does them regular in ca. And not some crappy warranty company who trys to get out of paying!

Great job on the exercise and food!!

Rhighlan:

Quote:
We were going about 30 or so I figure since we were going across a very very long bridge that was decently trafficy. The air bags in the car were amazing. I didn't realize it, but the side impact airbag is a long airbag that goes from the very front of the car to the back passenger. and it went all the way down to the hip area. I was really impressed with it. Then my parents had their front airbags (the regular ones), those caused the most damage, but they also saved them from a lot worse stuff. My dad's arms were swollen and bruised and scraped up from it going across his arms. Mom had a nasty scrap on her elbow. I had a little raspberry from hitting the airbag, but once again hitting the window would've been a lot worse. Then my parents also had something called a kidney airbag. Not really sure how it works, but it does.
That is great! I have seen the side curtain air bags in the mags. I read on a forum someone had the pilot and a tornado came and leveled the house but the pilot was in better shape! lol

Quote:
The insurance company is driving us crazy. After all of the stuff that drunk lady put us through they decided we only were due $600 a piece. That's not even enough to cover the medical bills. So we are going to have to have a lawsuit. It's put my parents through the loop. They are in so much emotional pain, my mom is seeing a therapist now and I know my dad is hurting inside because he's broken down a few times. I know in my heart that she has to be going through a lot because she started crying to my dad that her husband was going to beat her good for this, but at the same time she's put my family through a lot too. I dunno.
Don't cash it! Cause I think that means you agree that is enough!

Quote:
My parents are sending a card to my boyfriends family for treating us so well during the wreck and everything, but I want to do something else. What do you all think would be a nice thank you gift for someone that has everything (shes rich so she doesnt really need anything in her house) The gift would be for his aunt, his cousin (30yrs), and his other cousin (22).
A basket of nice cheese, crackers, sausages, pepperidge farms?

Quote:
I'm using Clinique products because every single (trust me I've tried them all) foundation at Walmart is too dark for me. I even tried true match that said they match 97% of skin
Yeah clinique is a really good product too. I think I seen them at costco recently! I am pretty light too.

Canuk4

Quote:
Well spent about 4 hrs at Dad's today, trying to get some sort of filing system going, have to take him for his B12 shot tomorrow. My brother called when I was there, but my Dad new I was mad at him so didn't even tell him I was there. And I had sent him an E-mail after I got his on all he had done, saying all I had to do for him today. He is taking this as an affront to him personally and was telling Dad all he did for me when I was on my own with my kids baby's. Granted he did, but I have also done for him. My point was just get down and visit your Dad more often, he is lonely and needs company and I am only one person and can only do so much.
See if there is a senior citizen group to get him involved in!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 09-12-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

hmm i've been absent for a bit here... i'll have to catch upon all of your posts in a bit. i've been struggling, but today i felt somehow really blessed and like i was offered a fresh start... which i'm DEFINITELY taking.

i walked along with my roommate and her kids on her afternoon paper route, pushing the stroller, so that was a nice walk of about 2 miles. extra nice because the weather is finally turning a bit cooler and a LOT less humid. thank goodness!

and tonight i'm starting my first official middle eastern dance class (aka bellydance) so i'm SUPER excited. i completely can't afford it... BUT as one of my good friends told me, sometimes you just have to splurge and do something for yourself. besides, if i stop binging and smoking i bet that money will be enough for this. the smoking has to stop anyway... i've been on and off, and i really don't smoke a lot (tops has been a pack or two a WEEK), but i still can't justify it. ESPECIALLY if i'm going into public health and medicine. yep, it's just got to stop.

to all - keep on kicking it!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #36  

Thanks Jasmine, your right, I just have to do what I can and the three boys will do what they want, when they want. It just ticks me off, cause I know how my Dad feels, and he is lonely and has helped us all out, he deserves better than he gets. But I do have to put it to bed.

Daughter was over, took wedding blank invitations home to do them there, they found a font they want and want the same colour they have of ink, so much for trying to help them out. It seem's someone is coming to do our hair and make-up, I will go for the make-up, but the hair I am really not interested. She said I have to as she has to have three or more, adding me makes four. Oh ya and to have a test to see how she does my hair will only cost $35.00, my hair is chin length, nothing fancy, up-to-date style, I think I will take my chances and just get it done on her wedding day. She also wants her friend and fiance' to stay here the night before as well. We only have two bedrooms we can use and a pull out couch in the living room. I only hope my son is staying at his girlfriends, so we can have his room. This girls mother lives 10 minutes away, but she doesn't want to stay there, go figure. I just keep saying, yes dear, I feel like I am placating like a husband would be, but my daughter is prone to panic attacks, so trying to avoid that.

Anyhow food was good today, water too, I did yard work for about 2-1/2 hours as well, nothing to strenuous, just trying to pick up a bunch of branches leaves and the likes. My knee was killing me when I came in. Just make dh something to eat, then did some garbage and ate myself.
Did not do my mile last night, could not convince myself to get at it. Hope I will get it in tonight. Got to get to bed early as I have two appts. tomorrow, one at 10:15am and another at 12:30pm, I usually don't even get up till noon, has to do with my health and poor sleep. I hate early appts. oh well.

Iris I went to a belly dancing class about 2 yrs. ago, it was great, I hope you enjoy it, am sure you will. I gave up cigarettes 2yrs and 9mths ago, best thing I ever did, now if I could just get dh too! It was easy this time as I was in the right frame of mind and very determined, but had failed a few times before. Hope you can kick it. I hope you will feel blessed again tomorrow, we all fall off the food wagon, trust me I know.

Well that is all for tonight ladies, have a great tomorrow. Miss you SD Gal, where are you, Stopeating too and Veggie Gal.
Sharon S.

P.S. Got my mile in and a work out with the medicine ball, got heck from dh due to bad knee, gotta do it.
I forgot to mention, good idea about the cake Jasmine, though my daughter probably will not go for it. I am only paying for it !!! YUM

Last edited by Canuk4; 09-12-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #37  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone! I Iris! Just take a break and hang in there!!!

Sounds good canuk! Yeah I doubt she would want to do that.

I will post more later.

My food has been bad and my walking has been great! :lol SOunds par for the course. I tell myself at least I can maintain!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #38  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

This week had been rough. We had the work drama to deal with at the beginning of the week, and then homework…Ugh! Got a migraine last night while writing my paper. The bad thing was I had to keep writing through the pain. It wasn’t good. I just hope it made sense!

I haven’t worked out in 3 days. There has just been so much going on I kept pushing it back…and back… and back…and then last night the migraine. I couldn’t run this morning because i still had a bad headache. I left work at 1:30 and came home and slept from about 3-6. My head still feels like my brain is loose in there (sorta hurts when i move it…) , but the actual headache is gone. So I ran tonight. 30 MINUTES!!!! YAY!!!! I ran the last half with Sis3. We really pushed it the last half. It was so good, because about 2 months back before C25K…I couldn’t keep up with her! I hung right with her today! Gosh I have come a LONG way!

Food has been awful. I guess since my focus was off I made alot of BAADD choices. While waiting for DD to get out of dance class, I had Arby’s last night (beef n cheddar, onion petals) and couldn’t handle the grease. My stomach started churning, and I had to go to a gas station. I got sick and threw it all up. Now I am not bulemic or anything, but I was actually RELIEVED after I got sick. I thought “thank God all that didn’t turn into calories.” There really is nothing that anyone should eat at Arby’s. Even the market fresh sandwiches have over 800 calories!!! That was a super stupid move on my part! And I knew better!!!

Well on top of everything else BF is back to his thing. Drinking almost everyday. Whatta loser! He was sober for 7 months. I have gotten control of my food addiction for almost 3 months now. I can not even think about going back to that madness. I know i will have slip ups, but if I could eat cold turkey I would…so slip ups are to expected. With him…he just quit. It’s not a slip up…he’s just given up! I am so sick of this conversation about him. It’s his problem…I am gonna let him handle it!!!

The ticker above is a problem. i will be half way through September in 2 days, and i am NOT halfway through my goal. That means that the last 3 -exercise-less days have hurt my goal. So I have to get on it.

Well I am off to bed to sleep off the rest of the effects of the pain pill I just took...Headache is trying to make another appearance....Ahhh! Fall! Just love the autumn migraines! ( I really love Fall, just hate the allergies!)

Love to all! I will catch up with everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #39  

Hi all, just a quick drop in tonight, way past my bedtime considering I have to get up early tomorrow morning, felt like I was in a fog till I had about five cups of coffee. Saw doc. about the arm, could operate, but nothing promising, so not going that route again, twice was enough. Will leave it as long as I can. He was very nice, even offered to give me a name of other doctor to get it checked out, but since he already asked three there opinion before the last surgery, I figure what is the point. The very first doctor screwed up and now I have to live with it. Could be worse, I am thank-full I can move it and do somethings with it, just not really depend on it holding out. I do thank God for my blessings, which are many. I am sure some of you think I am crazy, with all my complaining, sorry, just a bad week.

Dad got measured for his walker today and tomorrow they come with some for him to try out. Then I think it is about two weeks before he gets it. That will be better for him as later in the day he gets bad balance. He still has his cane too.

Well food was not the best, used up all my points, water was terrible. I need to be home and drinking in, seems when I am out I forget. No exercise today either, there is always tomorrow.

Lodyangel, don't be too hard on yourself, you have been doing great and look at the run you had with sis. We are not perfect and allowed to slip up now and then. Please be careful around BF when he drinks, could be a problem for you if he gets nasty. Take care of that headached too! My son's allergies have been really bad the last few days as well, usually for him its August.

Have a good Friday everyone.
Sharon S.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #40  

It's me again, just to say food was good, exercise non existent, Knee really aching, maybe due to bad weather, rain and hot to cold, anyhow hope to get some in when the football game is done. Water is pretty good could be better.

Wedding cake she wants $450.00 OUCH!! Big time, think we need to do some shopping.

Dad got his walker today and is very pleased, needs someone with him for his first couple walks, till he gets used to it.

Talk to you tomorrow I hope.
Sharon S.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks, sharon. i did have an awesome time at the bellydance class... most of the women there are older and all of varying sizes. i think it's the first time i've truely been able to "let go of judgement..." of myself. i really wasn't comparing myself to everyone else, just having a good time (and a great workout!) as for the smoking... i know i'll stop again. i'm not a heavy smoker, and generally i tend to go back to it whenever i feel that my life is a bit out of control. when i get things together it ceases again.

also... holy crap on the $450 cake. WOAH. my best friend got married a little over a year ago and insisted on making her own cake. a couple of family members wanted to buy her one but she hates taking money from people like that.... i had no idea they were THAT expensive though!

jasmine - maintaining is an accomplishment in and of itself! =) best of luck with the eating, though, and i'm sure you'll get back on track with your goals. thanks for the comment awhile back about remembering that my health is super important and that there's no way i can deal w/ other stresses if i let that slip... not an exact quote but i think that was the gist. SUCH a good point. otherwise it really does just become a viscious cycle.

melody, i feel your pain on the ticker... note my september miles are nowhere near the halfway point either. time to start taking some long walks and spending more than half an hour at a time on the treadmill for me. great job on the running w/ your sis though - that's got to make you feel good even if you are behind on the exercise goal!

although i'm behind on the exercise, my eating has been okay for the past few days (note the 3 days binge free!!!). hopefully the exercise will get back on track, i always tend to start feeling better after a few days of eating well, so as long as i don't fall back into my binge-rut i should be back on track in no time!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

With all the changing that I've been doing (hair and makeup wise) I decided to get some new clothes now instead of waiting until I go down a size. My bf suggested I should since I pretty much have two pairs of pants that I rotate. I went to Old Navy last night and got 4 pairs of pants and a ton of shirts and it only cost $126. I thought that was pretty good. I havent tried them on yet though so hopefully they look good. I keep trying to tell myself that it's not a problem with me it's a problem with the clothes (borrowed from What Not to Wear). The only thing is with the jeans if the 16 doesnt fit me the 18 doesnt either (too big) so I'm gonna have to go to another story

Update: Well I tried on one of the pairs of pants and they fit like a glove. Woohoo. Just a little bit of TMI but they make my tush look amazing. So then I put together an outfit and I am looking good I made my boyfriend look at it all and I was like doesn't my butt look good....don't i look sexy Hopefully the rest fits this well too. I've already been hit on twice this week maybe lookin like this i'll hit 3

Last edited by Rhighlan86; 09-15-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: updating
Old 09-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Hi Ladies!

Iris: Good for you re: belly dancing! A friend who was 250+ was into belly dancing, and enjoyed it for the exercise, comraderie (sp?), music, history ... she also loved that other women took the classes who were not shaped like the media's picture of "perfect", which is so unhealthy.

Congrats on the non-smoking efforts. Did you decide to try both (weight & quit smoking) at once? That might be to big a change, each are MAJOR efforts. BTW, I quit smoking 9/14/94, so just had my 13 year anniv. as a non-smoker.

Melody: Totally NOMY (none of my business) but since you posted on the board about it, may I just enourage you to DUMP the abusive boyfriend. It never gets better and the abuse can get worse. You deserve much better!!!

Jasmine: Nice to see you back. Hope you and the family are settling back down.

Monday I have an appt. with Nurse-Practioner Marilyn for a check up. I'll weigh in, too. I'm hoping for a few more lbs. to have come off, past the original 17. Marilyn's been encouraging me to lose weight for a few years, but this is the first time I'll have been down even one single lb. I'm looking forward to thanking her for her talks, which was one of the bricks in the wall that finally made me get serious.

Prepared my first ever EGGPLANT yesterday - sauted with olive oil and garlic. Mmmmm. Bought beef yesterday, first time in 5 years or so. Thought I was buying ground sirloin ($4.99 per lb.) , but it was ground beef - "93% lean". How can it be "93% lean", when the pkg. states that one serving = 170 calories total, 70 cal from fat? *oh well* It has lots of protein, so I'll eat it very sparingly. And nothing was in the pan to drain off ... so does that mean the fat is in the meat?

Last edited by Ladiibbug; 09-15-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #44  

Hello ladies, glad to see some of you back, it was getting a little lonely.

Rhighlan86 - Yahoo for you with the new clothes fitting and the 2 hits, I am sure you will get three with the new duds.

Iriswhispers - good going on the eating, the exercise will come back, sometimes we need to consintrate (sp) on one thing at a time, depending on what has been happening in our lives.

Yes $450.00 for a cake sounds unrealistic to me, I am going to call on my niece who used to be an event planner and see if she can find me some less expensive places. She has offered to help more than once.

Ladiibbug, I was seeing a nutritionist for awhile, till she quit (not because of me) but I could not seem to follow what she wanted for love nor money, I think we have to be ready in our own heads. Nurse pract. are great, my cousin happens to be one. (In the U.S.) she studied while recovering from cancer, God love her.

Well food so far has been good, water not bad, exercise still to come.
BBL
Sharon S.

Last edited by Canuk4; 09-15-2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Sharon~

My sister & her friends baked her wedding cake and froze it. Didn't know that that's how the bakeries do it too. Well, some bakeries I guess.

Her friend is very talented with food decorating and iced and decorated her cake. Looked beautiful & tasted great!

$450 ... wowee!

Yesterday I bought a box of Strawberry Yogurt Biscotti ... the Grocery Outlet is a bit of a trap for me ... with discount prices, some things I'd ordinarily not consider price-wise (sweets) are within my budget ... $2.50 for a box of 8. I'd never had a biscotti before, but have read about them in British mysteries for years. 100 cal's each, 30% fat. It has been awhile since I'd had anything sweet, so I thought, heck, 100 cal's is OK.

Well. I ate all 8 of them within 24 hours But, technically, four in one day (for the Fit Day calorie calculations), and four at 12:25 am, so that calorie hit came on the next day's calorie count. No matter my good intentions, it's the same old thing for me ... "If it's in the house, I'll eat it. Probably all the same day." *sigh* Coulda been worse.

So today I'm cleaning out the fridge ... plums, peaches, spinach salad w/fresh & tomato. And eggplant. 3 more bananas here to eat, too! I wonder if a person can OD on veggies?
Closed Thread