Old 11-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #241  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Hey . . . put October behind you and let's look forward to a great OP November everybody. If we just keep doing as much of the good stuff as we possibly can, good things will come our way . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #242  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Here is a great article on why the scale lies. It helps put things into perspective.
http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/...ight/scale.htm

November is going to be a great month for all of us! Remember to take care of *you* during the busy holiday months.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #243  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Thank you ladies for the encouraging words. I knew it was mostly water yesterday and the fact that TOM showed up but dang it just kills me to see the stupid scales go up when I am expecting a loss. I have worked hard this week to stay on track. The good news is that from yesterday I am down 4 pounds which is no loss at all but it is not a gain either.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #244  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Don't worry ROBBIN . . . . . . the loss is looming and will be with you soon.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day gang . . .
Old 11-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #245  
The Radiant One

Happy weekend everyone! Hope you all stay OP!

I am so excited - we are picking up some flooring for our bedroom. I had ripped out the carpet a couple months ago because I couldn't stand it, well - liked the floor underneath even less LOL! It was the original hardwood, but someone had taken a saw to them and they are not salvageable. So, off to Lumber Liquidators to get new flooring. I love home improvement projects - and have been really looking forward to it!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #246  
Onward and Downward

Hi there gang . . .

Sounds like a fun project LORI . . . have fun.

Well the weather station keeps yelling the word HURRICANE for Nova Scotia tonight. So far, just overcast and not even terribly windy. Hope they are being overly cautious -- guess time will tell.

Other than that . . . SSDD. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking weekend. See you later -- well, if I still have power .
Old 11-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #247  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile I don't know if this qualifies as a plateau or not.....

I am not sure that I have been experiencing a plateau or just not understanding the plan that I have chosen. I am following the WW Flex Points plan and guess that I "thought" you could use the flex points "if you needed to". Well, I felt like I did! I also was using the exercise points. I was only "counting the 28 towards my weekly food plan but I have been averaging 38 exercise points each week for the past two weeks without "officially" counting in the last 10 towards my food plan. However, I have been using all of the flex points---all 35---besides!! I was ravenous even with 96 oz of water to boot!

I added in drinking additional plain water besides the caffeine diet rootbeer I like to drink. My pee is clear by 10 am! No one can accuse me of being dehydrated!

Add to that I miscalculated some food points on a couple of specific food items I regularly ate. I felt really "dumb"! I went back and did the honest thing and recalculated them even though I could immediately see what effect it would ultimately have on my weekly weigh-in this morning! I'm hovering between 245-247 lbs.

Well, I call it my "learning curve". I have some good exercise habits firmly in place and I have a decent food plan in place. I spent yesterday pouring over the Sugarbusters site here and I went in my cupboards and separated the high and low sugars in the cabinets. Yikes!! I have three bags of whole wheat bagels that are high in fiber (good) but also high in sugar(bad)!
What's a girl to do? Well, I will not throw out food so I will slowly get rid of this and next time I will go to the store with even wider eyes open than before! I feel like a chemist sometimes---all of this balancing act I am doing---wanting higher fiber, lower fat, and now lower sugar. I told my DH last night that I think I might have to start going back to baking bread again. I used to.

Has anyone ever wondered if some of the water retention could be from all the preservatives and addictives that is added to some food? I haven't read anything yet but it makes sense. I mean if it is preserving our food maybe it is preserving us too (in a negative way I mean). Just a thought.

Last edited by pamatga; 11-03-2007 at 11:59 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #248  
The Radiant One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamatga View Post

Has anyone ever wondered if some of the water retention could be from all the preservatives and addictives that is added to some food? I haven't read anything yet but it makes sense. I mean if it is preserving our food maybe it is preserving us too (in a negative way I mean). Just a thought.
High fructose corn syrup is not a good thing. Water retention might be more likely from excess sodium. If you are eating a lot of processed foods, like 100 cal snack packs, skinny cows, lean cuisines or WW frozen meals - you are likely getting more than 2400 mg of sodium in a day.

Oh, and eating all your points, including the 35 flex points is okay. I just wouldn't eat them all in one day! A point is roughly 50 calories. You may want to try eating only the flex *or* the earned AP points, but not both.

Last edited by fiberlover; 11-03-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #249  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . .

Oh I so agree . . . HFCS is evil . . . I'm now on my fourth day "clean and sober" of my November crusade to kick my Cool Whip "addiction". So far, doing fine -- but I definitely don't like SF Jello nearly as much without the liberal pile of CW on top.

Just wanted to let you know that our little 'affair' with Hurricane Noel was not as bad as originally predicted. It has stopped raining and the sun is actually trying to break through the clouds from time to time. Forecasters are saying the wind should die down sometime this afternoon; we are still having gusts at 85 mph (140 kph). All in all, not too bad, though -- at least not right around my area, anyway. We had a pretty scary night with the wind rattling windows and shaking the house and the rain pounding down relentlessly . . . but, as of right now, Nova Scotia is still attached to North America (there were times last night I would not have been surprised to find that we'd been blown out to the mid-Atlantic somewhere ).

Have a great day . . .
Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. I haven't posted in a few days.....I've had quite a few issues going on. About a week and a half ago I blacked out and lost consciousness for a brief period. I hit my head on my counter top, and landed on my ceramic tile in the kitchen. To make a long story short, I went to the Dr. on Thursday, and it seems as though I have a concussion. I have been having the worst headaches-it's terrible. They are running a bunch of tests to see why I blacked out....it was sooooo scary. Has that ever happened to any of you? I know this doesn't have anything to do about dieting, but I just had to ask....I hope you all don't mind. I am just trying to figure out what may be going on. I go in tomorrow morning for all of my test results. Anyways, because of all of this going on my appetite has been non-existent. I hope you are all doing well, and staying strong. I will post again tomorrow when I get back from my appointment. Thanks for listening, and chat soon.
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #251  
The Radiant One

Ouch! I have never had a concussion (never even broken a bone!), but you certainly have no reason to worry that you won't get better. The headaches are the worst part, make sure you don't fly or experience too much pressure change - that will make the headaches worse.

As far as the blackouts go. Every once in a while, usually in the morning - I will get faint and have to lay down. Then I feel shaky for a while. Could be low blood sugar that caused this to happen. Make sure you are eating, think of the food as fuel.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #252  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hello ladies, how is everyone? Pretty good here, scales came back down to 235 and I have been very very on plan. Still no exercise, I have to get rid of this stupid cold first. It has settled in my chest and if I were to try to get in some exercise I would die of a coughing fit. I have tried to just be extra busy for the past few days waiting for the end of this.

Been chatting with the hubby by web cam and everything is going well for him.

Not alot going on other than its time for me to get to work, check back soon.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #253  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey gang! Sorry I haven't been around this past week. Something funky was happening with me being able to log into this site. For some reason it'd try to login and then it'd say the address was taking too long to reply....whatever! Anyways...I had another busy week last week. I was called in to help out at school. Halloween was a doozy! All that candy is sure making me crazy, but I start with a clean fresh slate. Only 3lbs. of badness, which I'm sure is a lot of retention anyways. Back on plan, strickly, today! But I'd like to add that I haven't missed one day of working out in the midst of all that kerfuffle of a week.

So that's what's up with me! Not much but the same ol' fight with the scale. Gotta stop sabotaging myself and get ready to believe this is something I can obtain and deserve to do for myself.

Good to be able to get logged in again! TTFN!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #254  
Onward and Downward

Hi there

The day ran away very quickly for some reason. It's downright cold but definitely calm winds for a change.

That little blackout episode could be brought on by low blood sugar or low blood pressure. I'll get dizzy spells from either of those, but I have never actually passed out. Hope the headache problem is soon behind you and that the doctor can get to the bottom of the problem . . .

Have a great 'rest of the day' gang . . .
Old 11-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #255  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! How's the day going for y'all? Hope you're having a good one! Not much new with me. Keeping on project with my food, got my exercise done and still chugging water. Positive minds, positive change!!

TTFN!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote