Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:23 PM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, we're out of here in the morning. I am optimistically packing my bathing suit -- we have a cottage on the ocean the last night. We will be hanging out in Halifax tomorrow night, horseback riding Monday morning, a concert at the Louisbourg Playhouse in the evening, driving around Cape Breton on Tuesday, staying on the western coast that night and hopefully listening to some of the local music, then home on Wednesday. Y'all have a good week y'hear?

ta

kiwi

p.s. we had the mole chicken tonight -- very good! A bit hot, but not enough to make me sweat...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:36 AM   #17  

Either 3FC or my computer is so sluggish that I am only guessing at Kiwi's gall bladder "issues." It is worth having removed! Although I understand "hoping" that you won't have any attacks while on vacation. DS's got pretty bad, and vacation would not have waited. Mine never got that bad!
I love mole sauce... chile 'n' chocolate. Yumm. (pronounced to rhyme with Ole, by the way as in Oil of Ole!!
Hope everyone's week is promising.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #18  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

did kiwi close the thread for vacation!!hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #19  
fatter than U

Red face

Noooooo! I's still here!

I went to the lady doctor today and the aliens in my belly haven't gotten any bigger so we're safe for now.

Dh and I went for 45 min walk 3 times this week and I lost 2 lbs!!! Today, anyway.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #20  

Hey Cows. I've sold my business and I have 1 1/2 week left, then I'll be a free woman. I sort of feel like I'm jumping off a cliff. I swing back and forth between feeling relieved of the burden and feelings of extreme loss. I will not come out of this a rich woman. I figure it will give me enough to get through until my property closes. Bleeh. Then I'll have to pack up 18 years of stuff and move. Ick.

I apologize for not having time to read back over postings to see what's new w/ the herd. I miss you all.

I'm still a wet blanket. I spend lots of time at my grief counselor. She's on vacation this week and I feel like a lost puppy.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi Hi! Just popping in to say I'm Home!!! We had a great time -- although too much driving for just 4 days. We drove several hours every day, what with getting there and then driving the (unbelievably gorgeous) Cabot
Trail around the island. We'd all like to go back to Cape Breton and just stay put for a week.

We did indeed go horseback riding, outside Halifax. It was a gorgeous day and it was really nice riding through all these woodsy trails on the nice horsies. We also spent a little time in Halifax. Then we spent 2 days on Cape Breton, saw a couple of good musical performances, beautiful scenery and this morning before we left our cottage, dD and I went swimming. The water was pretty cold, but so so so gorgeous swimming in the ocean, it was practically luxurious. And the beach was incredible; soft pinky-orange sand and practically deserted, with these impressive cliffs behind the beach. I definitely could have stayed there the rest of the summer...

Well, just wanted check in and say hi hi hi. Glad you are here, Wabby, sounds like the sale was the right thing to do. Hope it feels like it soon, too. I can't imagine what it's like to try to deal with all these changes at once; it must just make your head spin and your stomach churn.

We were kind of shocked to realize that the summer is almost over -- DD goes back to school a week from Sunday, but her bf has to go this Sunday, which he didn't know until just yesterday. DD was rawwwwwwwwwwther anxious to get back by the time we left today. (Well, I told him he should come with us)

And we need to buy a car in the next week and a half so we can get DD back to school.... Well, I suppose we could load her stuff into the back of the pickup, and arrive at Tufts University in high style. Like the Clampetts.

Kiwi
Old 08-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #22  
fatter than U

Talking

Yes! The Beverly Hillkiwis! Glad you had such a good time. The scenery around there is stunning.

Hi Wabby! Lots of changes going on, but maybe as you say, moving on to other things will give you a new sense of freedom.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi guyz, just checking in before I go pick up my doggie (the kennel is in StinkyTown, so it takes me longtime to get there).

I can't wait to get my pictures online, but must have Jet first (so she can come along and poke at me while I'm on the 'puter). Bagz has photos of Nova Scotia on Facebook. I want to see if mine came out anywhere near as well as that...

DD is hanging out with the bf today, then working. We will probably not see much more than a glimpse of her until he is off to college on Sunday. Poor dears

I DON'T WANT DD TO GO AWAY TO SCHOOL AGAIN!!!!
Yes, I do, of course I do. She's a big girl, she must do her own thing. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S TOO SOOOOOON!

See, this is why I need my furry puppy.

Kiwi
Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #24  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey kiwonk!!! so glad you had fun on the Cape!!!! it is a stunning piece of natural beauty!!---you should go back for Celtic Colours----http://www.celtic-colours.com/default.html i am sure you must have seen advertising for it---it is very famous around here---and at a time when the leaves are at their best---great music of course!!!=----one of my best friends is from CB and her mom just died so she is there doing some re-organizing and NOW she is having so much fun living there again,she doesn't want to come back here!!!----it is alot of driving though-----I AM SO SORRY YOUR BABY IS GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!!! HOW DARE THEY LEAVE US!!!----well,MINE didn't even come home this summer!!! the advantage you have is that dd has a bf in the area---last year dd came home cause her bf was from here,NOW her new man is from THERE!!!! and what about my europe DD---her bf is from DENMARK!!!!!!! how irritating is that!!!_---peach----is your ds back at school????
WABBY!!!!!! as always,we are thrilled when you post---i know the business selling at a low price was a disappointment but i am sure it will be nice not to worry about it-----i was wondering how your dd is feeling-----i can't remember when you said she was due---
Old 08-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #25  
Member w/ messiest house

I certainly sympathize, Bagz. I will not be surprised if DD doesn't come home next summer; she has spent the whole summer moaning about not having enough privacy, not being able to spend more time with her BF (because every waking moment is not enough, y'know), needing her space. Often makes me want to respond with "yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah heard it all before dear", but I don't want her to think I don't want her to be home-- it has been very nice.

I have a consultation with the gall bladder surgeon on September 11th...hope it doesn't bring on an attack. Punny, huh?

I was listening to public radio yesterday and they had 2 self-proclaimed conservatives (I don't really know their credentials, but one was a former Republican Congressman from the South) on there calling for Bush's impeachment. Nothing could make me happier. Except maybe for Cheney's too, and to have them both tried for war crimes.

Oops, there's me ranting again.

Ta
Kiwi
Old 08-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #26  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

rant away--i am so pissed off ---three more young men killed this week---one of them dd23's age ---in afghanistan of course------as if when we finally leave there things won't go back to the feuding of the last thousand years---meanwhile we get to look at pictures of 16 year old brothers of these young men crying -------on the front page of the national papers----makes me ill.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #27  
The magic shrinking cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Around here, people would run away screaming if you said you were making "mole sauce". Mexican food in Germany = sprinkling corn on top of whatever's for dinner. I'm serious.
Hehe... I remember when I was there, the Germans acted like corn was something you feed animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
Hey Cows. I've sold my business and I have 1 1/2 week left, then I'll be a free woman. I sort of feel like I'm jumping off a cliff. I swing back and forth between feeling relieved of the burden and feelings of extreme loss. I will not come out of this a rich woman. I figure it will give me enough to get through until my property closes. Bleeh. Then I'll have to pack up 18 years of stuff and move. Ick.

I apologize for not having time to read back over postings to see what's new w/ the herd. I miss you all.

I'm still a wet blanket. I spend lots of time at my grief counselor. She's on vacation this week and I feel like a lost puppy.
Aw, Wabby, big hugs. You are going through so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
I was listening to public radio yesterday and they had 2 self-proclaimed conservatives (I don't really know their credentials, but one was a former Republican Congressman from the South) on there calling for Bush's impeachment. Nothing could make me happier. Except maybe for Cheney's too, and to have them both tried for war crimes.

Oops, there's me ranting again.

Ta
Kiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
rant away--i am so pissed off ---three more young men killed this week---one of them dd23's age ---in afghanistan of course------as if when we finally leave there things won't go back to the feuding of the last thousand years---meanwhile we get to look at pictures of 16 year old brothers of these young men crying -------on the front page of the national papers----makes me ill.
Yeah, I have one friend whose brother will probably go back, for his third time, and another friend whose son is in Basic right now... so scary.

I'm back to exercising. DH and I ran twice this week and I did one weight tape. I took today off because I haven't been getting enough sleep.

I'm back to school and now I'm homeschooling DS11. We have survived our first week. Wait until he sees what it's like when ALL of the curriculum is in!
Old 08-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #28  
loves kleenex box art

yes, yes, DS left Wednesday. While I was well balanced and a source of inspiration to all who meet obstacles in life, I am now a ball of wet tissue.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #29  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhh poor cowpern----i guess the good thing about the dds not being home all summer is----i don't have to say goodbye-----BUT i must say i am getting excited to see my dd23---i have not laid eyes on her since DECEMBER 29th-----2006!!!!!----so eight months !!!!----she will be home in a week and i am soooooooooo looking forward to seeing her----she is living here for at least the next term----going to the local university--and working at the shop-----speaking of which---i am supposed to be getting ready for work--oops--------hi cherry!!! i want to excercise too!!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:02 PM   #30  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Cow View Post
I'm back to school and now I'm homeschooling DS11.
Wow, that's ambitious!

Good job on the running. I can't claim anything but an occasional swim. I haven't even felt like a walk with this crappy cough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
yes, yes, DS left Wednesday. While I was well balanced and a source of inspiration to all who meet obstacles in life, I am now a ball of wet tissue.
Well, one holds up when one must, eh? I have sumpin for you. Make me send it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
-BUT i must say i am getting excited to see my dd23-
Fantastic! How great that she will be sticking around for a while and working in the shop!

We still have a week before DD goes back to school, but she has to work quite a bit. We are having a bbq for DH's (parents' anniversary) on Wednesday, I'm going to have to swamp out at least some parts of the house before it. I can already see that I won't get much help from DH, as he has some project for his parents going. And DD is spending all day tomorrow taking the BF to school. Then Monday she and I are going to spend the day shopping for school stuff, and she is going to an overnight housewarming party that night. And she has to work until 4 on Wednesday.

Who wants to come help me clean up this dump?

Kiwi
Closed Thread