3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #76
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
--i feel like donald trump.
Well, at least you don't look like Donald Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I don't think Kiwi has been through minnowpause so she don't know nuthin'.
Ha. Been there and back!
Quote:
I now remember everything .
Hmph.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...8&postcount=52
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...9&postcount=50
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...1&postcount=64
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...2&postcount=75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
I'm watching you guys.
Well, I'm glad you are keeping an eye on us. We need it... Hey, have you ever wanted to become a Master Gardener? Did I already ask you that? Must be the mentalpause. Anyway my friend who lives near you is one and she loves it. You would be very good at that.

I actually went swimming today! The water was kind of cold, but very refreshing and I washed my hair in the lake. Jet still won't go into the water over her elbows, although if I splash her she gets very excited and jumps in and out of the water pretending she's going to eat me. I sat on a rock out of the water for a while and she wandered through the shallow water up and down the shore like she was just trying to get to know it, or something. Maybe someday she will swim.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? Well, today I hosed down the storm door again to rinse the bat poo off, and surprise surprise a bat wiggled its way out of the crack where the window goes and flew off. Fortunately I had the door propped open so that the opening was on the other side. I screamed, threw down the hose, ran inside and slammed the door. Then I felt kind of bad for scaring the dog who was tied up right outside the door, so I had to open the door back up and let her in. I sure wish I could get over being so askeered. Today I watched Snakes on a Plane, which was sooo stupid. They should have made a movie called Bats in Your Storm Door.

Take care all, have a nice weekend.

Kiwi
Old 09-08-2007, 05:51 AM   #77
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/18560.php\
kiwonkers----stay away from the effin bats---i saw this girl on the today show and she took forever to learn to walk and talk again==============WATCH OUT!!!!!! YOU ARE MAKING ME NERVOUS----your swim sounded yummy!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #78
loves kleenex box art

First, I was all flattered that Kiwi had gone to find posts that proved I didn't remember stuff. I expected "I can't remember where I put the cat food." So I was thrown off. Then I realized she was poking my riblets for not remembering that she has changed stages of life. Well, gosh durn. You are so young.

Shy, I'm glad you have such a great family. My ex writes on his hand, leaves papers by the door, never throws out anything. You do that? My son says the stove is unusable because it's covered in stuff. That's probably good. I don't think he should use it. He can't cook anyhow. I remember he could heat chili from a can and throw a can of mexicorn over that and cal it a meal. He could do that in a microwave.

Speaking of forgetting, can anyone here relate to the assistant principal who forgot her baby was in the car? I know she forgot and didn't leave the baby there on purpose but when ds was that age, he was all I thought about.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-08-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #79
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Then I realized she was poking my riblets for not remembering that she has changed stages of life.
Well, you know it's all about ME, right? I knew you'd appreciate the extra effort. Will I get Bonus Points?
Quote:
Speaking of forgetting, can anyone here relate to the assistant principal who forgot her baby was in the car? I know she forgot and didn't leave the baby there on purpose but when ds was that age, he was all I thought about.
I used to worry about that a lot. Now and then, I think I almost forgot DD when she was a baby. But, since, like you, she was all I thought about, that always broke through the mental fog I was in. Honestly I would think with the huge pressure most mothers put on themselves, it would be amazing if they didn't screw up. What I remember most from DD's infancy is the feeling of being mentally overwhelmed with everything, and I wasn't working and had only one kid!

I will admit to forgetting to pick DD up for an orthodontist appt once. That sort of thing doesn't usually happen twice because of the raft of **** you get from the kid. We used to have arguments about whether it was okay for me to be a couple of minutes late picking her up sometimes. My argument was that I spent about 3 hours every week waiting for her, she could jolly well wait for me now and then. Didn't fly.

It has turned into summer again here, after it seemed we were done with that. Hot and humid. Maybe another swim is in order. I think you should all come join me.

Speaking of visiting, we had some unexpected overnight guests the other night; they came with their own inflatable mattress, conveniently, so they set up camp on DD's floor (they'd have been able to sleep on her bunk beds, if she hadn't removed the bottom bunk this summer to use the space for storage). They brought their little Chinese Crested who's still got pins and hardware in her leg from an old break that got complicated. So she couldn't play with Jet, who was absolutely desperate to play with her. Ah well, maybe next summer.

Don't worry, Bagz, the bats make me nervous too. We haven't seen any in the house in more than a month, but the hot weather is what precipitates that, so I'm VERY wary!

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 09-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #80
loves kleenex box art

Bagzoid, I watched a Danish movie this morning. From it, I surmise that bf was a blonde child but now brunette, is tall and drinks a lot of wine. He will behave well but be complex with generosity masking underlying selfishness. The film was "After the Wedding." It was highly recommended in Newsweek or something. I woulda liked it more if it had a happy ending that tied everything together. I don't think writers or storytellers are done until they finish the story. Maybe it was finished but the finish wasn't suitable.

Now I am bored.

Editing: When ds was in babyhood, I didn't even talk about anything else. When I went to school, the schoolwork centered around him. I mean, if I had a project, he figured in the project. When I worked, all I thought about was fetching him. When I left him with others, I connived how to sneak up and see how they were treating him. I was a raging bore. Ok, am a rging bore.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-08-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: more stuff to say
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #81
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
I was a raging bore. Ok, am a rging bore.
I disagree. You can be a raging boar if you want. But really, not boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
I forget things like how to spell ( of ). ...

You should hear my daughter, .. " Mom its ok, it doesn't matter which hand you use. JUST PICK ONE.
It sounds very frustrating!! How old is your daughter? Kids are great for a reality check now and then, aren't they?

Well, DH is roasting a chicken for the company he invited over. Seems fair, eh?

I'm making a weird birthday card. I was going to morph one picture into another, but it's too hard. hmmm

Kiwi
Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #82
fatter than U

Unhappy

Hi darling cowies!

I've had a headache for a week and m-i-l gave me a cubic ton of plums to do something with. And I'm still fat and haven't even gone through the mentalpause yet. And my house is a mess. Bleh. Oh yeah and did you hear that Germany just narrowly missed being attacked by terrorists??? Same old. Same old.

Also...I am mesmerized following the case of Madeleine McCann on Sky News and at this kraaazy forum. Holy smokes - this whole thing is more bizarre than a Ruth Rendell mystery! That poor dear little girl. There are some disturbed people in this world.

Hi Wabs!!! Good to know you're out there.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:52 AM   #83
loves kleenex box art

Hi darling Sugar and herd,

I'm still mesmerized by the assistant principal who forgot her baby was in the car all day. It's reported that she's left the baby in the car before as she picked up an older child just recently and told her to hurry as the baby was alone in the car. After working at Head Start for a year, I know I'm not the only mom who would have started that donut-carrying-process by taking out the stroller, putting baby in stroller and baby and me would go back and forth with the donuts. Those Head Start moms didn't just pop in, grab up the four-year-old and go back to baby. They took the time to haul baby around with them. I just don't get how people think.

Yesterday, I had this cute man customer who said "How are you?" like everyone else. I looked at the bagger and said, "What did that other man say? HORRIBLE!! I can only get better!" Well, he smiled the sweetest smile and I saw that his cap said nj.com so I asked what that was and it's a newspaper in new jersey that he doesn't work at but is affiliated with via his own business. I said you don't talk like that. Like what, he asked sweetly. Like a Soprano. Well, we all don't, he said, and .. I'm from Cananda.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-10-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #84
fatter than U

Talking

Quote:
Well, we all don't, he said, and .. I'm from Cananda.
Heee! Was he wearing a wedding ring? Did you ask for his number? I hear life is pretty sweet in NJ. You could check up on Lushy now and then.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #85
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
I hear life is pretty sweet in NJ. You could check up on Lushy now and then.
Yes, life must be great in NJ; there's no time to get online and talk to your cyberfriends... Why isn't there a pouting smiley? I need that a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Kiwi
Oh my gosh bats in your storm door, you made me laugh so hard. We have bats that live in our apple trees. I love the things as long as they don't try to land on me lol.
I would love the bats too if they lived in the apple trees. Unfortunately they live in our roof, in our attic, in the eaves. And when we don't chase them out, in the storm door The other day there was an absolute swarm of dragonflies zipping around the yard. I think we should make a deal with the dragonflies to eat all the bugs and "take over the territory" from the bats.
Quote:
Those Head Start moms didn't just pop in, grab up the four-year-old and go back to baby. They took the time to haul baby around with them.
I wonder if there's any wiggle room there -- naturally you wouldn't leave a baby in the car when it's hot or cold, or not parked in a safe place. But am I mistaken or is it common practice in Europe to leave a baby in its carriage or pram parked outside a store or restaurant in some places? I can't see it myself, how could you ever get the thought of someone walking off with your baby out of your head, but I'm sure I've heard of that.

Here's a scenario: if you strapped your baby in the carseat in your driveway and realized you'd forgotten your car keys, would you really get him out and take him inside with you while you grab your keys? That is assuming your driveway is near your door, not 12 stories down or something.

Seems to me it's a judgment call, and unfortunately some people's judgment isn't so good. Maybe the fact that the woman in Ohio had gotten used to leaving the baby in the car while she went in to get her older child contributed directly to her forgetting the child that day. Scary.

I can't believe the furor over poor little Maddy. People are so obsessed with this kind of story. I can't wade through all the info; is there any real reason to suspect the parents? She is the most darling little girl, very sad.

Kiwi
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #86
The magic shrinking cow

The story about Madeleine McCann is really hard to follow.

I was one of those moms who took the baby everywhere, even if I had to go back and get keys. But I also know that I was able to do that because I only had one baby and one seven-year-old. People with more than one small child have so many things to keep in mind!

Veg*n/Spark/Bellydance/Yoga/Weights/Jogging/Tae Kwon Do
Old 09-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #87
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

peachy---did the baby suffocate?? i missed the story----it seems that happens alot in the summer months=----there are always a few horror stories====speaking of which----FOUR sixteen year old friends---young men,were killed on saturday night as they passed a car that had friends of theirs on the way to a party---i think that is like what happened in new york after graduation---teens not paying attention---having fun,speeding----no alcohol ----just foolish crazy driving---they were in a toyota echo---a teeny tiny car---and hit a pickup truck---all four of them instantly killed ---people in pick up treated and released from hospital====all friends,all from the same highschool about an hour and half from here-----just heartbreaking--cause we all know of incidents involving our younger selves or our own kids that have been hair raising-----------sometimes it is all too much
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #88
loves kleenex box art

Oh how that scares me, Bagz. DS drives a teeny tiny car. I hate for him to even come home.

The assistant principal's baby died because the inside of the car got up to 150 degrees F. The baby was there all day as the mom just forgot about her.

Kiwi ... if baby DS had been in teh carseat and I left something like my glasses (not keys .. wouldn't lock the house door without keys in hand) inside, I would leave his door open and run inside UNLESS he started screaming when I got out of sight. He did that when he old enough to know who I was. Then he'd go with. This, like you said, is with the car 10 feet from the door and no one passing by. I would not close him up in the car alone.

Somebody please tell me what to do.
A. Should I pay $61 fingerprinting and $37.50 drug testing to sub teach in a county where I expect little work and it would be hard to accept calls as I'd be working at night.
B. Ask the supermarket if I can go fulltime.
C. Something else?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #89
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhh peachers----------it is so hard to decide---what if a pregnancy leave came up or something----i can see it being so tiring to sub teach AND work at the supermarket------maybe you should keep on at the supermarket and also keep submitting resumes for teaching jobs-----what an arse pain=====
Old 09-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #90
loves kleenex box art

Did you know that it's now illegal to reincarnate in China? That is, you have to get special permission, first.

It is an arse pain. I would like to kick some arses. I would like to kick some arses in the arse.

Bagz, tell us about the Danish delight. What does he eat for example. How many languages does he speak? What does he think of Bush? Does he like Jerry Lewis? Isnt' Denmark the country that doesn't have to pay port fees (whatever the term is) in England because they were the only nation willing to go there during the Black Plague and throw food so people could eat? They sound so nice.