Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #262

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies

Well I am up and running with both phone and internet but now the cable is out LOL...they ended up having to rewire everything, if mine worked someone else's didn't LOL...anyway I am back, Hope everyone has been well and staying OP...Hubby is in Pittsburg waiting for his next load and complaining about where he is LOL...the boy's hours changed this week his Wally World is adding more into their grocery dept so he has to work overnites all week, what a pain, at least I only have to go out to take him to work at 10 pm the manager runs him home in the am...we're getting a supercenter, was suppose to open in Oct but that was moved to Jan now it looks like March not sure why a town this size needs 2 Wally Worlds though, other then that it's just been hot, hot, hot and more hot...we had some awful storms yesterday and tornado warnings but so far today it's just stinkin hot, I'm tired of grey sky's...I've been trying to figure out what the heck I am gonna wear on vacation, everything I own is way too big now, guess I am gonna have to break down and do some clothes shopping soon LOL, well I am off to do some exercize then I'll check back in this evening, have a Great Day All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 33 days away!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies!

Toad lily!! Can you believe it? Now I can shop.

I will have to do indi's next time since I don't have much time......but only 4 more days and I'm off for 9!

Not even sure where we're going to start! So much to do and not enough days off. Sheesh! I'm like PJ....what am I going to wear? I think capri's are in order...and some tanks. Better hope hubby doesn't mind the money for vacation going towards clothes!

Ok....I need to get dress and get going.

Hugs to you all.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how are you all on this fine day?

Nothing new on this end....just same stuff, different day. I did step on the scale and I am down another two pounds. My official weigh in day is Wednesday's so I am just going to wait and see what numbers reflect on the scale tomorrow! I do have to say one thing though.....all my life, at least from high school until recently, I had the German hips that stuck out a mile wide. I could try to use my hands to go down the curves of my body and they would go down, then out, and then back down. Now they go straight down without going out!

Pink Jane~ I can't wait until our Super Center is open! It is suppose to be open sometime before the end of the year. It will be so much easier to go grocery shopping and regular shopping all at the same store! We at a Super Center when we lived up north and we loved it!

Marti~ Toad lily is the name of that flower? I thought it looked like a lily, but I wasn't exactly sure. Plus, when I was looking around online I saw some lilies and they reminded me of your flower.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Whew! I can't believe that I rode tonight with a heat index of 99* Did 3 miles in that. I don't even know what the index was this morning when I rode 2 miles. I am just glad that there is always a breeze here, even though it was a warm breeze today. Still kind of cooled your perspiration so it didn't feel so hot. After 3 miles my legs still felt great and if it had been cooler I would have gone longer. Just didn't want to push it in the heat. Feeling pretty good after a nice cool shower though. (And a tall glass of Crystal Light)

Grocery day tomorrow, nothing else going on right now.

Hi to everyone!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #6  

Sue~ That is great! I am sorry about the heat.....man it is every where! We had ran this morning, then it stopped and the sun came out......and it got really hot!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #7  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hi everyone, hope everyones day goes well.

Hot, heck yes it is hot. It is August in Ohio which means hot and humid lol.

The doc put off my hysterectomy until Jan because I am, in his words " losing so much darn weight so fast, it would be safer to do the surgery with less weight on me ". When he walked into the room he said you are losing weight. He checked my chart and said darn you have lost allot of weight 12lbs in two months. Glad he thought it was allot I would have liked more lol. He wants to see what I am down to in Jan.

Great news for me because of course this was not something I was looking forward to lol. Now we find hubby has to go in for a hernia surgery on the 5th. Well at least we won't be layed up at the same time. God does look after us doesn't he.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #8  

Shy Moment~ Where in Ohio are you? We were down there on mini-vacations for two weekends in July. Plus, being in MI, it is so easy to take off for the weekend and spend some time down there. We are thinking about going down to see my aunt, she lives in Pemberville.

I weighed in today, and I am down 5 pounds from when I weighed in the last time!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies and Shy Moment/Rennie!

Nuthin much going on today...got my 3 miles in this morning. Actually got to the park before 7 a.m. have to with this heat being up to 100. It was a cool 77 this morning and even had a breeze. But, by the time I got home and to the pool at 8:30 it was already up in the 80's. Still not bad and the water felt cool, really cool. But it warmed up real fast! Getting laundry done now.

MARTI...what an odd name for such a pretty flower. Have you ever looked at the names of lots of flowers? Who comes up with some of them? Lol, some are kind of funny/odd.

PINKJANE...well, we can't have it all can we, lol. Glad you guys finally got everything up and running. We have several super walmarts here but they have been changing them and rearranging them...their clothes are now khaki bottoms with blue tops and the outside they just painted them same colors. But I am lost in that store now.

MINDEE...WTG on the two pounds! You are doing great with your weight loss!

SUE...and you are doing great with your biking. It's been hot here as well so I've been getting out in the wee hours of the morning...kind of nice but everyone else has the same idea, lol.

Hi to everyone else

Have a good one ladies!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ya

Hi all. Just a quick pop in. Work still stinks. But we did have an idea. We're going to ask my boss if its possible if I go to part-time and only work 3 - 10 hour nights instead of the long crazy-a$$ hours I work now. DH said that it wouldn't make too big of a difference and I could get a part time job somewhere else and begin writing again. My goal is to find a different job and I figure if I go and work somewhere else part time, it will give me a chance to see if I'm going to like it or not before leaving my job I have now.

Yes I am done with this place. They are heartless and cold and do not care about their employees and I'm sorry but time with my family is more important than any job. But I can't just quit so of course I have to find something else first, so that is what we came up with. Dunno if my boss will go for it or not, but don't see why not as it will save the dept money, me going part time.

Today I woke up sick. I feel totally awful but don't want to use any of my personal time because I'm saving it for our vacation the end of next month.

Well I hope you all are doing better than me...........sorry to "complain" and run. Ha Ha.......

Old 08-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #11  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day!!

Weighed in today at WW (even though my usual day is Sunday) and I'm down 2 lbs. Back in the 130's (barely by .2 of a lb., but hey, the scale was still in the 130's!!) and 1/2 lb away from my vacation weight gain. I still don't know what my goal weight will be. Some say that I should weigh in the upper teens to low 120's but I have broad shoulders and big boobs and would probably feel more comfortable at about 130. It's not like I'm getting any younger. I was 105 with both my pregnancies 20 some years ago and feel like I would have to starve to stay at that weight. I guess my ideal would be 125-130. Hmm......we'll see. I'm just happy to see the scale moving in the right direction.

It's 102 degrees here today!! Played hooky from work today and took my Mom to a doc appt, then out to lunch. Picked up my fabric for the dining room curtains today and will be sewing all day tomorrow. The fabric was back-ordered for over a month. I promise to finally post a pic when I finish. Friday I have to get all my food prep done for the engagement party and Saturday will do last minute straigthening up the house and setting up for the party. Gotta run out and buy some beer and wine and pick up a few food platters. I don't feel like chopping up fruit and veggies so just order platters. Being in Maryland, we need our seafood, so ordered a large shrimp platter.

Well, I'm gonna fast forward through Days of our Lives and put on my dancing sneakers for dancing tonight. Dh will be home within the next 1/2 hr.
No time for individuals. I'll take a break from my party prep and get some in over the next few days. Phone's ringing, gotta go!
Old 08-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #12  

Cristina~ Thanks for the encouraging words. I have really gotten a work out in besides my normal one....the boys have been little hellians all day! Logan won't stay in his crib or his room for that matter. So, I woke up to Brandon kicking me in the face in my bed, then a couple minutes later Logan was climbing in bed with me, and then proceeded to head bang my head. So, it was an early start for us. Logan got up at 6:15 this morning......and I can't wait for bed time for him! The past two nights he has gone to bed before 8pm and woke up at 6:15 am. So, it is back to his 8:30pm bedtime.....that way he will sleep in for me...I hope!

Sassy~ That sounds like a better idea as far as hours. I hope your boss will go for it as an option.

Tammy~ Great job on the weight loss! I can't wait for my scale to read in the 130's!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hello, ladies!

PJ - yay for "too big" clothes. When Vincennes opened the SuperWalmart, they closed the small one. Maybe your town will do that, too. I gotta hand it to ya, I can't even begin to imagine Florida in August! Indiana is hot enough for me. But I know you're going to have a blast, anyway. Take a water spritzer for sure! Have you ever used one of those neck-cooler thingies? Wonder if they work well.

Marti - WOOHOO for 9 days off! Capris and tanks sound fine to me. I quit wearing tanks a long time ago. Not only are my arms fat, they're old, too. But if I was your age and weight, I'd for sure go for it! Summer clothes are on clearance everywhere, so I bet you'll get some good bargains.

Mindee - you're doing great with the weight loss. A big congrats on losing your "German" hips. Sorry the boys have been rambunctious today. Bedtime in Michigan is getting close, lol.

Sue - are you crazy? Biking in this heat? I don't even want to walk down to the mailbox in it, lol. We're supposed to get a break by early next week, I think. How's your mom?

Rennie - glad to see you here! And way to go on the weight loss success so far.

Cristina - our Walmart employees have switched to the khaki and nave, too. Looks nice. We have a Kohl's opening up before Christmas, and I'll be glad for that. Other than Walmart, the only other discount dept. store we have that sells everything is Kmart. Woop-de-doo, right? lol

Sassy - hope your boss will go for your idea. Sounds doable to me!

Tammy - yay for the weight loss - you're gonna be at that pre-vacay weight very soon. Your party sounds like lots of fun. And yes, please do post photos of the drapes when they're finished.

I'm wiped out! I watched Jackson today - his babysitter is ALWAYS needing days off. Since he's teething, he's a little more challenging. But still oh so sweet!

Neal and I finalized our plans for Lake Barkley, KY. The house we're renting is right on the water, and Molly is welcome. (Well, for an extra $200 she's welcome, lol.) Anyway, now I can't wait until our anniversary next month!

Going to sign off for now, but I'll see ya on the flip side.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick post from me tonight. I am beat and still have a few things to do.

Jane- Yep, I am absolutely crazy. I rode 5 miles tonight since I didn't ride this morning. And it was HOT and still humid. DH told me not to ride and I guess he was worried about the heat because he sat on the porch and watched my every lap. LOL...

Got the groceries today and not much else was going on. I hate not being able to go out and do things in the yard. Taking Mom's dog for a groom tomorrow. Then I have to iron a few things...nothing major. Hopefully I will get to ride the bike.

Take care ladies...it is so nice to see you all here.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #15  

Jane~ Yup, it was almost bed time when you posted. It says you posted at 8:15, and he was in bed by 8:30pm. Tommy climbed in Brandon's bed and told Logan to come in there with him. Brandon then climbed up as well. Logan wouldn't get off the bed for nothing! So, it took me telling him that daddy would fix his bed like brothers on Friday. Tommy took a half day off when we had originally planned on going up north Friday night. But since we scratched those plans, he still got approved for it.

Sue~ Great job on the riding. Your husband sounds like mine. If I were to go riding or something, he would watch me, or would come with me just to make sure that I was okay.

Right after we moved in here there was a "rash" of murders in the area. One day, Brandon got a hold of my phone and slobbered in the battery part, so my phone went dead. Long story short, Tommy sent a friend of ours over to come and check on us because he hadn't heard anything from us. She showed up with him on the phone, when I answered the door she said "that b**** just opened the door for me." I get on the phone and explain to him what happened and he was fine. He was thisclose to leaving work and coming home. About an hour or two later, my phone was back in working order. Now, it picks and chooses when it wants to ring, or who it will ring for.
Closed Thread