Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Howdy ladies!

TAMMY...I am so sorry to hear about the break-up. But I think from what you said it may be best. We can't tell the kids what to do or how to live their lives, there's some things they have to learn on their own. I can totally understand you wanting her to just call it quits but being in love as she is I know it would be hard to just walk away. Nothing is ever easy is it. I hope for her sake that counseling will help the fiance/ex. Sounds like hes the one that needs to go and not her. I hope it all works out in the end. Lots of hugs to her and you. Oh, almost forgot...love, love, love your house! It's so pretty! I have to ask what color is that in the living room and dining room? It looks like the gold/yellow color we are going to paint the hallway, a living room wall and downstairs family room. I love those colors!

MINDEE...you are welcome! I thought that was a very inspirational e-mail, kind of sad though. Woohoo to little Miss Marissa for the two toofies! I still can't believe how big the kids are getting already!

SUE...good job on the biking! I love to watch the birds too! Just don't like the mess they leave, lol. With these ponds so close to the house we get the geese and some ducks wandering around sometimes. They were in the neighbors yard yesterday eating their weeds, lol. Love my Jeopardy!

Hiya everyone else

Went to the park this early, morning and did my usual 3 miles. Had a couple of errands to run and home for the day. Supposed to be H-O-T today! So staying in and doing some cleaning and much needed/wanted reading.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend! See ya Monday
Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #47  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hello

Hi Gals.

Well I'm still keeping positive, even though yesterday I was in a bit of a "blue" mood, but I got over it. That is the important part, right?

Also we're getting new next door neighbors. I honestly didn't even know that the old ones had left! lol. I just hope they are quiet, because our building is very quiet as of now and we like it that way. lol. But have to think positive!

I stripped the bed yesterday, washed all the linens, remade the bed and cleaned the kitchen up. Tonight I am going to clean the bathroom and then do a bit of laundry so I have clothes for work on Monday. That way I should be able to do next to nothing tomorrow and be able to relax a bit before going back to work. It seems like I've been off forever since I'm now off 4 nights instead of only 3! lol. But I did get some things accomplished at least and yes sleep was one of them. lol.

Well I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #48  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Woohoo...Did 3 more miles for 6 today. Also did 1 mile WATP and 5 minutes on the stepper.
Tomorrow I am shooting for the 2 mile WATP. I would say I am shooting for a longer mini stepper work out, but for some reason that thing makes the front of my thighs ache, so I don't want to do over 5 min. at a time until I get more used to it. I'm a little worried about it harming my already bad knees.
I did have the popcorn earlier...and it was good. Now I have that out of my system.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #49  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Cristina--The wall color is Benjamin Moore--Desert Tan. It is a really nice gold color. I have so much beige in my house. It was hard to find a gold color that didn't look so yellow. Thanks for asking.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:34 AM   #50  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....just a fly by post from me for right now. We have tons of great pictures from Saturday. I will get them downloaded on here, and then I will post one or a couple from the festivities.

Every thing went great! Well, except for one of the godparents showing up late because she left late. (the same girl that we just talked about that called me a b****) After it was all over with at my mom's and we were getting ready to go to the restaurant, she comes up to me and says "I am just going to head home. I don't have the money to go out and get some food." I said "well, you are coming over to our place tonight so we can get pictures of the kids with their godparents." She said "yeah, just give me a call." So, after all was said and done, when we were leaving up north to head back down here, I gave her a call to let her know when we would be home, but she never answered, so I left her a message. Well, I ended up calling her again when we were about 45 minutes or so away from our house, and she never answered again, so I left her another message and told her that we would be home around 7:30pm and to meet us over at our place. She then calls me back and says "I don't have the gas to get over there other wise I would come over." Mind you, she went to the gas station before she came up north, hence why she was late! She claims she only put 3/4 of a tank of gas into her Saturn Vue (which is better on gas mileage then our van is) and that she never did over 70 miles per hour on the way up there, which she flat out lied about because she stood on my parents back porch and told every one that she did 80 just to get up there within an hour of the time it was set for! So, needless to say, we are not very happy with her again. She couldn't come over to our place but she sure had enough gas to get to her boyfriend's mom's house without any problems! At least she made it to the dedications, but then again she really didn't have a choice, she knew that we would be pissed and would be really mad at her.

Tammy~ I love the before and after pictures! You have a great house! I love how the new colors pop!

Cristina~ I agree....it was an inspirational email, but it was also sad at the same time.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #51  
ugggg.....

Hey All!! Sorry I have been around for awhile--all kinds off stuff going on....

Computer: has had it's moments

Work: the lady who talked ALL the time retired the end of June and I had several other people on vacations at the same time--one went to SC to visit the grandkids and ended up staying for three weeks working on a rental that was trashed. I finally got a replacement for the lady that retired though one of the applicants is now mad at me for not picking her!! I don't know what I would do if not for my friend who drives a bus but works more time for me in the summer and another lady who retired but comes in to help me and at 77 works rings around most younger people. So needless to say I have been a little stressed.

Ryan: has moved temporarily in with his sister. The building he lived in has been rezoned as commercial and will be converted to office space. We moved most of the stuff on last Sunday and finished up on Monday evening and Tuesday. He went job hunting on Thursday and had three interviews scheduled, Friday he had two job offers and the third interview is Monday which he is going to call and cancel since the other two are offering 40 hours. Alicia has moved back to her grandmothers and is starting community college. I am not sure what they are doing--they are on some kind of break since neither one wants to be the one to say it is over.

Teri: is having a BOY! I thought she was going to cry when they told her. She started out really wanting a boy but then changed and decided she wanted a girl. She's okay now though especially after buying a Steelers onesie. She is 5 months along and has only gained 5 pounds though she is getting a cute little belly. Her boyfriend is still a jerk that can't keep a job and wants to go drink with his friends all the time. He threw a temper tantrum before Ry moved in and grabbed Teri's arm hard enough to put bruises on her. He left and unfortunately she took him back. I feel safer with Ry there and Ry has already told him if he touches his sister again there will be consequences. Ryan really liked Dave but is beginning to see that he may not be as nice as he seemed.
Edit: Teri starts back to Community College at the end of the month--4 classes-Accounting 101, Public Speaking, English 102 & whatever they are calling keyboarding now. She also got a job at the local Prime Outlets at a store called the Childrens Place that sells kids clothes up to 4T.

Diet: All the stressed has not been good and I have gained--I need to get back on track!!

Hubby--it's okay, he still gets jealous if I do too much with the kids.

Well, enough about me!! I will start posting again from here!

Last edited by jules1216; 08-12-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #52  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone.
Jules.. Nice to see you. Wow, you sure have been involved in some intrigue. Work wise, sounds like you are keeping it all under control. Family wise, Do we ever have it all under control? ha. I am pleased to hear that you are having a grandson...how cool. I bet Teri will pop out with a tummy and gain weight soon. Glad Ryan is there to keep an eye on her. It sounds like she needs a protector and brothers are good ones. Too bad her BF is not treating her better. We can't say who our kids will end up with, but I know my DDs both kissed some toads before they got the princes. There is hope.

Mindee- Sounds like you also had a few rough patches over the week-end. I am glad the dedication went well and hope things smooth out with the godmother. I think I would be a little upset also.

Sassy- I hope your new neighbors are friendly and quiet. Our old neighbor in Vegas e-mailed me and wanted us back. He said the new owners are not sociable with any of the others. I hate that because everyone was so friendly toward us there. BUT, I am glad to be out of there.

Tammy- I was so busy telling you that I love your house I forgot to say how sorry I am about your DD and the engagement. That is too bad, but maybe not if you don't care for him. See what I told Jules about my DDs.

A nice quiet morning here today. It was only 69* and shady when I got up. My day to skip the morning ride, but of course it was cooler, so I rode. Just 2 miles however. I have done a load of laundry and read the papers and that is about it so far.
You know I will be back later......*talk,talk,talk*
Old 08-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #53  
ugggg.....

Sue--the two kids have their moments but they are very loyal to each other and always there for the other.

We are clearing a spot on our property to set up our old pop-up camper. Hubby is going to build a lean to over it so the canvas doesnt get soaked. He's getting plans to build a picnic table and is going to run electric from his pole barn. My arms are tired from clipping the saplings!!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #54  

Height: 5'1"

Don't post here.....we're full...

Head on over to # 263.

Last edited by Marti; 08-13-2007 at 02:34 AM. Reason: oops! Got ahead of myself. its' 263 NOT 267
Closed Thread