Old 06-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #46  
RosieKate

Another busy one...but I wanted to drop by and say "hi".

I like your pic - Susan. How's the new apartment? As far as shade plants go, I like hostas. I have a shady north side and I grow those, candytuft, Rose campion...they all seem to like it. I have a rhody there,too.

Hi Michelle, Jules, Cristina, Sassy, Sue....and anyone else who is reading. I am officially updating my ticker.. my weight, as usual, bounces around, but I think these 2 lbs are off for good - fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone....L has a playdate this afternoon so I may get some time to check back in and chat some more.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #47  
ugggg.....

Cristina--Hi!!

Michelle-that will be cool to have your dd and her hubby living close!! At least your younger daughter will be home on weekends.

SuzyQ--you know Rach wants those boots!! hubby laughs at me cause I sit my cell down and I call it from the house phone to find it!!

Sassy & Katy--hi there!!

Taking dd to her sonogram today--it's supposed to pinpoint the due date more exact.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #48  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I have to go to a 10 am doctors appt so have to do a quickie!

I don't like those Vitamuffn ad's. Totally jealous of that ladies curves.

Thanks for the tips on plants Katy! Maybe this weekend I can get out back and clean up the leaves. Love the apt. it is quite and I a couch on craigslist for only $50! Great shape and was a bargain - came with extra pillow. Now we have something to sit on! CONGRATS on the 2 pounds!!!!

Very exciting doing the sonogram Jules! I love babies.....

Hi Michelle! How are you doing in the heat??? Hope ok, I have my car ac going all the time. HUGS

Cristina......thanks, I don't really like the pic.R took it in Hawaii......makes me look old. *wah *wah....but thank you!!! Hope you are having a good day!

Hi to everyone! Sassy, Sue!!!! and SusanNYC.......

I need to go! Chat later.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 AM   #49  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Chickies!

A HAPPY FRIDAY to everyone!

KATY... to the 2 lbs. gone! And to your total so far! One day I will have some hostas...I like them but have no shade what-so-ever. I've seen people plant them in full sun and they don't look so great. I am going to get another MySpace probably this evening (busy day ahead). I was just too lazy to mess with the settings, lol. But I really wanted to change my age/bd. Daughter said there was a place that you could because she did it a while back but it looked like they changed things since she did it. She had her correct age and kept getting stuff and I guess like me didn't want to bother with the settings, lol. She changed her age to 76 and NO ONE has sent stuff since, lol.

SUSAN...the treadmill I have is a Weslo Cadence 340 CS. We bought it al Wal-Mart about 5 years ago and it is still going strong *knock on wood*! We have all used it at one time or another but for the most part I use it. I hope it lasts a few more years. It was just a cheap one but has 4 settings, or 5 and shows the fat calories burned, and some other calories, I don't know...never pay attention to that stuff. My only concern is with the time and miles, lol. Funny about your phone...I too have had to call my phone a couple of times to find it, lol! How are you liking your new place? Too bad we don't live closer...I have some furniture I could give you. We just have too much stuff.

MICHELLE... that's good that your DD will be home for the weekends. When Jason first went away to college (In VA) it was hard for me. My first to leave the nest and he was too far to come home. Of course now I can't get rid of him, lol. Kidding. I know one day they will leave the nest so I am enjoying them while I can.

JULES...good luck at the sonogram! Can't remember...when is Teri due? I know you will have an exact date, sort of after today but can't even remember how far along she is...5 weeks? I'm too lazy to do the math, lol. Can't remember either if you said she wants to find out the sex, I am terrible!

Hi ya SASSY! Hope all is well with you and work.

Well, ladies, I hate to cut this short but I really gotta get going. I have rocks to pick up out of the yard. It is getting closer to us actually getting a yard You would not believe the things they cover up in a yard after finishing a house. Anyway, there's big rocks around the yard and we have gotten most of them but still more. V found a place we can take them to for free. They grind them up and use it for something, not sure what. Just picking up the bigger ones though so that when we get sod and seed it will grow properly and solidly. Our last house we didn't do that and we had places that would sink in...wasn't solid. So...V is taking off early so we can get down there and shovel the rock out of the truck before they close. We are #5 on the list for sprinklers and sod. Went from #8 to #5. If it hadn't of rained those few days last week probably would have been #2 or #3. That's out of 17 so we are doing good. Anyway...better get going. Chat later
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #50  
One day at a time

Just dropping by to say HI!

Spent the morning and part of the afternoon cleaning house...it needed it! Just didn't realize how bad it needed it. Mopped the floors, washed the rugs and other clothes, lol. cleaned tubs and toilets, lol. Aaahhhh, I love a clean house! Now on the 'puter. Was on myspace trying to figure how things and wonderful aol threw me off the computer. So here I am , lol!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Chat later
Old 06-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #51  
ugggg.....

Hi all--the computer has been acting up and kicking both of us off. It seems to be ok finally.

Well, the sonogram dating says December 24th. DD said the baby is going to have to be either early or late cause she doesn't want a Christmas baby. It was so need to see the pictures on screen. She was 13 weeks and 4 days on Friday. We find out the sex around week 20 so we have some time though it is killing us to wait.

DS & the girlfriend I love are on a break. Their differences are turning out to be bigger than the things in common and they have grown apart and want different things in their lives. They are both seeing other people and it is breaking my heart cause I really do love her. He has been talking to a girl that he was really good friends with in 7th grade before we moved. She actually helped us move and they eventually lost touch. I used to call her my future daughter in law because I actually really like her too and her and Ry have a lot in common. I don't know what will happen.

DH just threw a major temper tantrum because I wouldn't ride with him to the tractor supply. It's times like this that make me see why DS and the gf are not working out--we have grown apart too.

Well gotta go, I will try to bbl.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #52  
kitty Momo

psssst. Katy. I see your family at the library this rainy Sunday , where are you?? I feel like an I-Spy...anyway, I know your daughter anywhere , such a cutie!

Anyway- I am going back to bed,only came out to get Rach some books to read.

My test results are back down to an 8 (it was a 9 after being a 6 - normal is a 16).

I weighed!!! Down another 2 pounds!! Makes a total of 18!! yay....

gotta go - Rach needs the computer.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #53  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Sunday evening ladies. I am having such a good day....and week. Love life!
DD and her family from CA spent the day here today along with the local DD and 1 of her younguns. DGS, who I haven't seen in a year, (7) hugged me when he first saw me and said "You smell so good, like bubble-gum." I had to chuckle. He is a sweetie...but then all my "grands' are sweeties. He is the baby. We had a nice afternoon.
I rode my bike 31 miles from last Sun. thru Sat. And I am starting this week with a 7 mile ride today. (don't know why I got started on a Sun., but oh, well) If the rain would STOP I could ride more, but boy, did we need it. And the yard is looking so nice and green again.
Going to TRY to really do the food thing this week. I have been having no snacks after dinner this last week. Want to continue that and add to it....no fried foods. *wish me luck*

Susan- 18 pounds is awesome!! I know you are doing the happy dance!

Jules- Can't wait till 20 weeks so we will all know the sex. What is it with men today...mine got on my bad side earlier too.

Cristina- That housework is never ending. Hope you get good enough weather to get some yardwork done this week. My DH has been talking about a pergola..and just started building an arbor for the side yard.

Katy- Hooray for the 2 pounds gone. I also bounce around..never know when to count a pound actually gone. If I had lost all the weight I have lost and gained back I would be teeny.

I did some crunches earlier and had forgotten how much I hate doing those. Yikes...there has got to be a better way to lose that belly fat. I guess I will just keep on pedaling!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #54  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Just stopping in to say hi to everyone. Not too much going on except for housework and watching the nascar race and fighting a headache that I woke up early this morning with.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #55  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Michelle...Sure hope you get feeling better soon.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #56  
RosieKate

Hi all-
Not much going on today other than working on the manure pile. I should plant some more seeds in the garden as well. Kids start swimming lesson today, so there's a little something to get us out of the house....

Michelle- hope you feel better soon; headaches are no fun.

Sue - WTG on all the biking. My MIL has some bikes for us, but we need to clean out our garage to make some room for them. I'm looking forward to biking again.

Susan- I was at a garden commitee meeting. I told my family that you were there watching them for me...you can run but you can't hide ha ha. I agreed to design a promotional flyer for our interpretive area and our classroom garden program...oh and a blog. Just call me the Blogging Diva...

Cristina - I'm envious of your clean house. VBS threw me off my game last week, and the compost is throwing me off this week. I'm barely keeping up on the laundry...I do like the house cleaned up, so I need to make some plans to do it.

Jules - Those sonograms are wonderful...I just loved seeing my babies that way...and we were able to get gender on both of our kids at 20 weeks or so; even for our daughter. The pictures are much clearer now than they used to be. Sorry DH was a grump...Hope your weekend got better after that.

The kids are after me for tv, pancakes, and computer time, not necessarily in that order. This is most likely what the rest of my summer will look like every morning at 7 a.m. Yikes! Have a good one, ladies.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #57  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -
Pancakes sound so good Katy! I went to that pancake house right off the Ross Is bridge last week,they have really good food. It is just around the corner from the Aladdin. Your family behaved at the library! lol I had to take Rach to Powells and get her books. The public library was all checked out - what a pain!

Hope you are feeling better Michelle!! Hi Sue!!.....

I need to get to work, we had a fire over the weekend.

Had oatmeal and a slimfast for breakfast. Did lousy on the water intake last week, need to improve this week. Momo is so sweet! Gaby was down right bratty last night to all of us. Seems to be an adjustment period after she comes back from her fathers.

Hi to everyone!!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #58  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

I am a HAPPY camper! The sprinklers are going in as I am typing and...I am down 2 pounds! Made my day to say the least. I feel like I have broken this plateau.

SUSAN... to you on your loss this week! Hope you get your level up soon...that can't be good for ya.

MICHELLE...love the puppy dog, soooo cute! And your siggy! I want one, wah. I love hearts. Will hopefully have time to go to MySpace tomorrow and see your comments...don't want you to think I am ignoring you. Just barely had time to get on teh 'puter today to post here.

KATY...the swimming pool sounds good and I know you guys rather the kids will enjoy the swimming lessons. I just realized yesterday that we don't have a key to our subdivisions pool and I have been wanting to go. Would love to learn how to swim...never learned and I DID take swimming lessons when I was young. Oh well, it doesn't stop me from going, lol.

SUE...WOW! I am impressed with your biking miles! I knew you were riding a lot but didn't know it was that much. Keep on truckin' missy! Glad you enjoyed your weekend with your family.

JULES...I agree..the sonograms are so cool! It's so cool seeing the little one moving around. Sorry to hear about Ryan and his GF. Maybe is just wasn't meant to be. And if it is, then it will be. You can still be in her life, I'm sure she would like that.

Well, ladies...I need to get going. Go post on the other threads and get off this thing. Have a good day!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #59  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I can't say they won't get back together since they always seem to do just that. She is working all the time and going to start classes in the fall. DS needs more attention than she has to give right now. I am glad she is finally doing something she really wants to do.

SuzyQ--my friends have the same thing when her 4 year old comes back from dad's house.

Katy--the sonograms are so cool!! Hubby's foot is hurting again--he stayed home from work--explains the random burst of anger. He did get better.

Sue--hey there!! First my darling daughter looks at me and says she doesn't want to know but she wants them to tell me--this is my child that almost dies at Xmas until she can open all her gifts and tries to give you yours BEFORE so she can watch you open yours!!!!

Michelle--hope you are feeling better!

Went last week and Teri and I went and saw Knocked Up--it's really funny. She kept seeing her and Dave in the two main characters. Last night we were too late to see Pirates 3 so we watched 1408 with John Cusack--typical Steven King movie--some scary parts but just ok.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #60  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...back again!

Can't sleep so thought I would jump on the 'puter. Having problems with 3fc though and it's frustrating just trying to come here and stay on. It's not aol because it is just with this site. And...it is only everytime they do changes. Anyway...just wanted to say HI. Doubtful that I will get on tomorrow. Actually, not sure when I will be back. A busy rest of the week and next week for sure. Have a good one ladies