Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #46  
loves kleenex box art

Quote:
Kiwonk
Is it just me or is the 6th paragraph of that article entirely wrong? I swear it contradicts the rest of the article.
That would explain why I kept looking for pictures to SHOW me. Yes, it's confusing. My ring fingers are a tiny bit longer. I can't remember DS's but think his ring finger and birdie finger were about the same. I want to know about toes, too.

Wabbo, I want you to get a consellor who knows something. A lot of them do not. It sounds like you've found one with the right experience. You are absolutely right that I could tell you to get a hot stone massage. I could say that because I wouldn't know anything useful to say. Please ask me anytime you need useless advice. Here's some: Go to the sales rack at Beals and buy a new top, $5 value, for 80 percent off. I did that today.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:33 AM   #47  

Default It's Sug's Bday!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooh Happyhappyhappy Birthday Sugar!!!!!!!!!
Wishing you all that makes you SMILE SMILE SMILE today!!!!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #48  
loves kleenex box art

Happy Birthday Super Pie in the Sky !!! May you have something Candianian to eat and German Dancing Boys to entertain.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #49  

My ring finger is shorter than my middle...
DH is home and just tried to get out of making the next pot of cawfee... we have this rule that who ever finishes the pot makes the next... needless to say we both try to leave a little in the pot.

Wabby, the bridal colors sound just gahjus! And the cake..hmmm save me a virtual piece please The home grounds sound so Roloff Farmy. just beeutiful!
I hope this therapist offers more than stone massages for ya Sounds weird, but I would look for an older person, one whos got some life experience to draw from not just book learnin. And thats all the advice I have..
Wabby, is there a pic of the dream house??? DH is Still insisting on getting a house here... MIL and BIL and our friends would like us to "come home"... I dont htink we'll be building though... Me, I really don't care... all I want is to get a winneabago when we retire and travel about.

I like Cowface advice... I'm a bit behind in all the cow news but ... I avoid Malwart as much as possible.. I prefer Kohls, then Tarshay..I dont have a Beals..we have a steinmart.
I once shoplifted a Schraft peppermint patty from Kreskis. My mom saw me and made me go back in and return it and say I was sorry. That cured me.
I never worked at a Icecream store..Thank GAWD lest I would be twice as big as I am . and I really don't care for icecream...except starbucks Java chip I worked at a fruit market. I started at age 13-14... for 1$ an hour, unloading watermelons, picking out rotten fruit and then my fruit market career advanced to cashier... I worked there till I was 16 and moved on to all the fast food joints.
Suggie: I'm so sorry for your news. my gfren had the same thing.. she put off surgery for years... then she HAD to have it done. She doesnt regret it..cept it did make her auto mentalpausal and she had a hard time with that for a bit.
No plans for memorial day... boringboringboring. Me and MIL will hang out... BIL is taking DH to Charlotte for some Nascar race... I will worry much! but the cardiodoc says "sure, no problem,,,just no driving"
Old 05-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #50  

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR ADORABLE SUGAR PIE!!!!May you have delicious cake and a huge slab of cheddar cheese, and all the other wonders your heart desires!!!

Schatzi, you were so industrious at such an early age! My first job was strawberry picking when I was just a young 'un, but I didn't last very long b/c the heat made me sick. My first "real" job was as a receptionist at a furniture store where all the salesmen were letches and you had to wait for them to all be busy before I could go to the girl's room b/c they'd try to corner me in the back room. Ick.

I think I'll like my new therapist. She's older (even older than me!!!) and seems wise. She gave me several books to tide me over until the next session. I feel at least a bit hopeful.

I'll try to attach a picture of my dream house----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canby house.jpg (46.0 KB, 12 views)
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #51  

Oooh. That worked.... that's the patio and here's the front of the house -

It doesn't look like $839,000 does it? Why does everything I want cost so much money? It has a 2nd home on the property, a creek, and the most beautiful landscaping ever. The house is only 9 years old, but it looks like it's been there forever. I'm sure it will be sold by the time I'm ready to buy, but it's fun to dream. Besides, it's too big for just me. I'm looking for the smaller version of this place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exterior 2.jpg (30.1 KB, 10 views)
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #52  
Member w/ messiest house

Happy Birthday Dear Sugar Plum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
My ring finger is shorter than my middle...
Well, of course, otherwise it would be so much harder to flip the bird.. (Actually it was ring finger vs. index)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
BIL is taking DH to Charlotte for some Nascar race... I will worry much! but the cardiodoc says "sure, no problem,,,just no driving"
So he can't drive, but he can get jostled by the giant crowds and sit there being blasted by that noise? Not to mention the people throwing chicken bones down from the back rows (well, okay, that might not be the case anymore... I used to go to the races in Charlotte once in a while in the 80s, when the admission was cheap and the crowd was really rough). Well, you make him promise he'll take it slow and not get too excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
The wedding flowers will be loverly. The bridal bouquet is white lilies, white roses, stephanotis & gardenias. The brides maids bouquets are white roses, blue hydrangea & white stephanotis. The rest of the flowers are a variation on the white and blue theme.
OO Gorgeous!! I want to see! It sounds so pretty. I remember having stephanotis in my bridal bouquet; I loved that. Maybe that's why I named DD Stephanotis. Okay not exactly.

I think that's a great idea getting in with a therapist who specializes in trauma. At least you can be confident she won't be speechless and stymied at all you've been through. Good luck.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #53  
Member w/ messiest house

That house is adorable! How can it be sooooo much $$? It has a huge patio -- is there a pool there too? I would want that house too.

My first real job (other than babysitting and dog sitting) was in a grocery store in the deli and bakery. I got so sick of the smell of doughnuts I didn't eat them for at least 10 years. Too bad that wore off...

Kiwi
Old 05-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

I love the pretty houses.

I thought my mortgage was cheap at under $500 but today this woman at work revealed that she pays $80 a month for a HOUSE that she rents from her uncle. Two bedrooms, partially brick. He promises never to raise the rent.

My job ended. Everybody do your version of prayer to gET ME A TEACHING JOBBBBBB. NOW. I want it NOWWWWWW.

Thank you.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #55  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm chanting.

Teaching JOB
Teaching JOB
Give to PEACH
A Teaching JOB
Is it working?

Gotta go eat my takeout gyro. ta
Kiwi
Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #56  
loves kleenex box art

things I don't know and need to know:

1. went into spare bedroom, clicked lights which came on and went off. Ceiling fan followed suit. Fuse box shows this fuse to be not all the way over. What should I do? I thought I could just reclick the fuse switch but it's staying put.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #57  

change the fuse then click it back on to the other side
Old 05-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #58  

Wabby, that is a beautiful house! I would be in sticker shock, but when you've lived in the NJ/NYC area, well,seems like it's the same as out by you
I love the back porch, and the doors...sigh,
We went to see the new pirates movie yesterday... it was such fun!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

(picture me holding Shots by the shoulders and shaking her) I Do Not Have Any Clue About Changing Fuses (picture me kissing her on the forehead and letting go shoulders)

Really. I don't see that anything comes off to let me at a fuse.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Perhaps you only have breakers -- here is how reset them -- but if that breaker won't reset after doing that, you probably have a problem you can't fix This site has some photos so you can check to see if that's what your fuse box looks like. Also on there they say if you have tried to push the breaker back on and it won't go, it may just be that you didn't switch it all the way over to off before trying to reset it. Also points out that you should unplug everything you can before resetting the breaker.

We have a bat living in our storm door. isn't that pleasant? Yesterday I heard one in there (it flew up into the recess at the top of the screen) and DH poked a stick in there and apparently killed it (I didn't watch ). Today there's another one, but he can't find it with the stick. I say they're just getting smarter.

DD is doing a lot of galavanting. Yesterday she went over to the high school to "bring lunch to the BF" (he's subbing there some days) and didn't come home until 12 hours later. She claims she would have called me but I called her first. Ahem. I pointed out she had my car and I would like to know when my car is coming home....today BF picked her up. She's good at solving problems. Anyway, they are going for a swim and a hike at BSP
The water is frigid.

Perhaps I will clean the bathroom today. Because, that's what I live for, cleaning. And listening for bats.

Kiwi