Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Default Goodmorning...

How is everyone today?

I am pretty good today! The weather has been so beautiful lately. And i'm heading over to even more beautiful weather tomarrow. I'll bring my computer tho. haha! It's Laguna for a couple of days and then palm desert. I love it there because it's far from the stress etc. And I can relax and go for walks! And on Monday/Tuesday i'm meeting with the dr. platt drs. office. I'll tell you what they have to say about my health. (something I really haven't thought about in a looooong time)

Sue- Thank you for voting for her. I've been trying to help her gather more votes. If she gets into the top 50 she goes to the NEXT ROUND. I hope she does!

Marti- I couldn't do it! haha! Last time I moved I swore I'd never move again.

Mindee-You better not get sick. With my youngest I had the flu and it put me into labor early. And I barely had the strength to deliver him. I was so exhausted from being sick and then being in labor....and the dr. said that my flu was what put me into labor early. He was due November 5th and I had him on October 23rd....Hmmmph! Stay well!

Christina-this is just a silly picture. I thought well, if people don't love me for the goofy person I really am then...well it'd be their loss...LOL!

Everyone else...I'll check back later today. Have a super day!

Tina
Old 04-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning, ladies...

TINA...I voted for your daughter. I like her motto...going to have to remember that one.

TAMMY...funny, about the horse comment. A lot of my avatars I find online. I like to change them up regularly. I just google avatars/icons...even found art/prints and use them as well. Plus pictures once in a while. Hope you had fun dancing with DH.

MARTI...hope you got some sleep. Any news on the house?

MINDEE...you be careful too arouond Tommy. You sure don't want to get the flu. And yes there are different strains of the flu.

SASSY...they are talking about a mix of snow and rain here today. What the heck happened? Go from 83 one day and today it's supposed to be 43 but with the wind, brrrr. Stay warm.

SUE...I went ahead and ordered white wood blinds for the bayed window. But will be putting a sheer on the small windows and pulling them back and then adding valances. Exactly...decisions, decisions. I kept going back and forth but then the sun finally came out and that decided for me, lol. We get the sun in the evening and it shines right on the tv in the living room. I was going to leave the kitchen window open since no one can see up on this floor...again, was cooking and doing some dishes and I was having to dodge that evening sun. Living room we get the sun in the morning and I'm not usually in there other than cleaning so I am sticking with curtains there. Looks like a lot of us are having the same weather.

JANE...how is Mary doing? And Gina...how is she holding up?

Hi to everyone else Check in with us when you can.

Not much going on with me today. Thought I would jump on the 'puter for a little while before heading to the movies later. I have been wanting to see this movie. There's a couple others I want to see as well, in time. It is cold, and cloudy here today. They keep saying snow with rain and I am thinking...snow? Snow? Of course I heard a guy on the radio a week ago, it was a guy from a nursery answering peoples questions. He said to be careful buying and planting flowers too soon because we may have a freeze. Last year I lost some flowers because I planted too early and we had a late freeze plus a hail storm. Anywho...going to go get a walk in before heading out.

Take care ladies and have a great day!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #18  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Evening Ladies!!

Mindee--How are you feeling?? Have you started to clean everything in site yet? Stay well!!

Pink Jane--I've never been to WDW. Been all over the country and beyond, just never made it there. Waiting for grandkids!!

Jules--I believe men have their TOM!! But it's much worse than women.

Cristina--How's Josh?? A co-worker of mine, who just got married at Christmas, has a husband in Ranger school in GA. The poor gal hasn't even lived with her husband yet and is terrified that they will deploy him soon. My heart goes out to all of you. It's been fun listening to all your decorating!!

Jane--Thanks for the info on PM. I'm so dumb!! How's Gina's FIL?

Sassy--Snow!!! Yikes!! We may have a little blast tomorrow night.

Tina--I voted for your beautiful daughter. I love you avatar!!

Sue--I think you were talking to me about the stools. I love the Amish furniture. Do you have an Amish Mart with food and stuff or just the furniture. We have both.

I big hello to all that I missed. I played hooky today from work. I call it my "Mental Health Day" I haven't "called out sick" for months and months and just needed a day for myself. I got alot accomplished. Hit the bank, went to the Amish mart for easter goodies and bought a yummy roasted chicken for dinner tonight. I bought a few desserts that after everyone eats their share for easter, I'll pack up the leftovers and send them out to my sister's and mom's. I took the boys (my pups) for a long walk. We are having a winter blast of cold weather like everyone else. You mid-westerner's always seem to send your weather to the east coast!! I have to go out and cover my pansies. It's the only thing that I have planted with our unpredictable weather.

I'm sure that I'll talk more before Easter but just in case, I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Sunday!!

Last edited by sz2atheart; 04-05-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:56 PM   #19  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Just a quick fly by...it's SNOWING! This weather is crazy! Supposed to have a hard freeze tonight and tomorrow night. Ugh! Been snowing now for about 4 hours. DD and I went into the show and nothing. 2 hours later...snow, yikes. It's not sticking to the streets but it is to the grass. Oh, and the movie was GREAT! I LOVE Adam Sandler! He did an excellant job in this movie...made me cry.

TAMMY...Josh is fine. He was really frustrated a few weeks ago but is heading back to his original station since being deployed. Was in the BIG dessert for about 3 weeks, a month on a mission. Just heard from him this past Sunday and Monday and he was in a better mood. I worry so much about him and the others. I feel for your co-worker...lots of hugs to her and her hubby. Hopefully, he won't be deployed. They are supposed to be bringing troops home so will keep my fingers crossed for him.

Only have a few minutes...the office is getting ready to start.

Hugs
Old 04-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #20  
GmaTo8

Tina - I voted for your DD. She is very pretty.

Hello to everyone else.

Sorry I haven't been online today but I'm stressed! Gina had to go to the hospital w/contractions, and was there for several hours, but they finally let her go when the contractions subsided.

Gina's dad is worse.
One of our most beloved parishioners past away yesterday.
A very good friend's husband died yesterday with a sudden heart attack.

I'm still OP, but it's hard.

Tomorrow is going to be so busy with 2 viewings at the funeral homes, since one of them is over in Illinois. If I get a chance, I'll check in. If not, I'll be back when I can.

Hugs,
Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #21  

Jane! Wow....you are holding up great for all that you are going through. My prayers and thoughts are with you and just know that we all are here for you! Thanks for the vote btw. But seriously you take care of yourself through this stressful time youre going through.

Tina
Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #22  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- My thoughts are with you ...drive carefully tomorrow and be safe. Hope Gina holds on a little longer and is well.

Tammy- Yes, I was talking to you about the stools. I swear I am having more senior moments lately. We don't have an Amish Mart that I am aware of, sounds very cool. I was just told of another Amish store though and plan to go there. We decided we were not going for the stools we saw yesterday.

Cristina- I have looked at wood blinds and really like them. I also like plantation shutters, but don't know if they would "go" with our style. (and I don't know what our style is...eclectic...homemade..hmmm) I do like the blinds that I got for the bedrooms, but don't know how long they will last. They were a temporary fix so we could move in.

I walked 1.5 miles today..even tho it was in the low 30's and windy. I just couldn't go that extra little bit for 2 miles. Baby walked with me a short while...but finally stopped and looked at me like I was nuts and headed back to the house. LOL It is going to get colder, so I don't know if I will get to walk for a few days. I made chicken veggie soup today, which was very good. I told DH he can eat as much as he wants as often as he wants it is so low cal.

Hope all of you ladies are keeping warm and safe where you are.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

"We're havin a heat wave, a tropical heat wave"

YIKES it's COLD!!!! bbbrrr we made it all the way up to a balmy 36 today...wind is still blowin it's 30 now on it's way down to 16...just talked to Hubby and he's somewhere in Ohio and it's snowing so hard he had to stop, so needless to say he is not a happy camper...the boy had the day off so I didn't have to go out and that made me happy...I hate the cold!!...I puttered around here all day and then got my 60 mins in on the treadmill...watched another new CSI and now I am off to bed...Have a Good Nite All

Jane - My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours

Tina - I voted for your daughter she is Gorgeous!

Tammy - I've never taken kids with and every time I see people with kids I am glad I didn't take any LOL that will change if I ever get any grand kids I am sure LOL

Cristina - I am glad the snow missed me LOL...glad to hear the movie was good, that is one I would like to see too

Sue - Bbbrrr it's way too cold out to be walking...Your soup sounds very yummy

Nite All
Pink Jane
Old 04-06-2007, 03:47 AM   #24  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....

I managed to stay away from Tommy and not get sick. (knock on wood) I have however, started to swell in my legs like I did with Brandon. So, if I don't go into labor before my next doctors appointment then I am going to definitely voice my concern about the swelling. I was induced with Brandon because my legs had swelled so bad that it hurt to walk. Tommy has a three day weekend. Friday he wants to go to his parents house so he can do an oil change on the van. Then we will be back at Wal-Mart, I think with this trip I will get one of those motorized carts instead of walking to see if that helps my legs any. Saturday we are going to go up north and see my parents. Sunday, we are going to go back to my in-law's house for Easter.

Tina~ I voted for your DD.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #25  

Mindee- Thanks for the vote I have a foot that swells up all the time...well it's always swollen. But a good foot massage and if you can put your feet up for a few hours would be good. I feel for you there. It can be painful. But yours will eventually go away after you sweet girl is born. So hang in there! Wow...I'm so excited!

Pink Jane- Thank you too for the vote! She needs a lot of them....some of these girls have like thousand on their myspaces. So i"m trying to help her get votes. You girls are amazing!

Hey Ladies! I weighed in on my 'official' scale this morning. Because I'm not going to be able to until I get back next Wednesday and I was down 1.5 pounds! This puts me at 22.5 pounds in 6 weeks! I'm really excited! Yeah! I'm going to dance now... (haha)

Well, off to laguna beach and then palm desert for me and 3 of my kids. My DH has to stay here and help at the store (togos) and watch our 2 dogs. Ha! I think he'll enjoy the break however....peace and quiet.

TTY all Later! I WILL be checking in tho.

Tina
Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Mindee- It's getting exciting for all of us now that we are on "baby watch" lol Will you have your husband post when the baby is here so we will know?

I am so sick of the cold. I can't seem to get warm. I have had a busy week- kids on Spring Break, I have been really busy with work and dog sitting my parent's 2 brats. I had a job interview today- I came away feeling really good about it. He told me had had to pray about it, which I really appreciate. He had 2 other interviews to do but said he really liked me.
Not much else going on. Haven't done any extra exercising, well besides walking the dogs, but I haven't counted min like I should have this week.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #27  
I work with germs!!

Happy Good Friday Ladies!!

Jane--Sounds like you have a few very emotional and difficult days ahead. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ladies...gotta share some interesting new with ya'll. Seems like my first love of over 30 years ago has tracked me down. He lives in TN while I am in MD. Now don't get me wrong here...I am crazy in love with my DH but it really is an ego booster to know that he has been thinking about me after all these years. We both went throught divorces about the same time and I tried to find him but had no luck at that time. It's really interesting that this has happened at this time when I have been struggling with getting over the loss of a very close friendship with what I thought was my very best girlfriend. I have very honest with him and told him that I am very happy with my life and would like to stay in touch to just be friends. My sisters and dh know about him. I don't have to worry about dh getting jealous...he golfs with a few ladies every weekend. I call one of them "his weekend wife" lol. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing. We have all found each other through this forum and give each other daily encouragment, advice and good ol' sisterly love. This guy found me through Reunion.com.

Well I finally got myself back on the elliptical today and I feel great. Took the boys for a long walk. Ran to the grocery store which was wicked busy and ate a healthy lunch. Going to attack my basement family room and clean up stuff down there after watching Days of our Lives. I'm making a stuffed pork loin roast that I bought at the amish mart for dinner and then heading to Kohls for their sale tonight.

Have a wonderful afternoon!!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

2 whole days back in control with my eating and i had a great workout on the elliptical and bike.thank you all you great people who supported me through my down time.my weight has gone back to where it was so i may even be down on monday(hopefully). have a great day.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JANE... thank you for the easter card. I am a little confused about the note on the back of the card though. I thought I put your correct address. The one I have in my address book is the same one you have on your address label...is it different? 7779. And if you have mine in your computer for the labels you left out S and ST. that might be helpful since most of the streets around here are the same name, except St. Circle & Court. Of course when I ordered labels I didn't know the official mailing address should have ST. Anyway...sorry to hear about everything going on in your life right now. Lots of thoughts and prayers to you all and lots of hugs too!

SUE...I think the wood blinds and the plantation shutters go with all styles. We thought about those for the living room for a more formal look but not so much. But with the windows we have it would be hard to do and me like it. We have the windows that crank out so that crank on the two windows that open we would have to put the shutters above that and I don't think I would like it. WTG on your walking! You are doing a great job!

4AMY...WTG on your 2 days in control!

JODI...was wondering why you hadn't posted much. I guess I think that when we have spring break here everyone has it the same time, duh.

TAMMY...I think that is awesome about your ex. I myself couldn't be friends with an ex. I think for me the feelings would resurface and cause chaos. Of course the feelings have always been there and always will be and DH knows about that but still I wouldn't want the ex to contact me. But I think that is wonderful news for you that you guys can be friends. And yes...the internet is a wonderful thing!

Hi to everyone else

Nothing much going on. Pretty boring day today for me. Had to go order some balloons and a cake for V and that's about it. Did a load of laundry...as I said, pretty boring day for me.

Have a good day ladies! Chat soon
Old 04-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies..

Just a quickie..haven't long been back from the Cheescake Factory...so I won't talk about my food intake :-)

Jane---So so sorry about your week...I hope Gina is Ok and so sorry about your losses...please keep us posted.

Tina- I voted and I sent it to my daughter to have her friends vote too..she really is beautiful.

Marti--Hello to you too...

Christina--thanks for the PM

Mindee...can't wait to see pics..know you are getting ready..

Hi Jodi

Sassy--glad to see you too..

Hello to anyone else I missed!!!

Catch everyone tomorrow.!!
Closed Thread